The Triple H Thread

What is your opinion of Triple H.?

• I Hate Him!

• I'm not a fan of his

• Neutral: Don't like or hate him

• He's okay, not the greatest

• He's The King of Kings!

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they chose MVP over Big Show because they are toying with the idea of him being in the main event, then they blew it big time. When MVP confronted Orton a couple of months ago and faced him, he was doing good. Now it seems like that momentum is gone. I would have chose Big Show over MVP because I wanted both matches to be face/heel. I didn't even wish for HHH/Miz and Cena/MVP because I knew HHH would make Miz look like shit.

I'm glad that Miz got a lot of offense in last night because I don't know what would happen to him if he got squashed two nights in a row. The difference between Cena and HHH is that Cena makes lower caliber wrestlers look great. Cena sells well and he gets more offense in to win his matches than HHH. I said earlier that I would love to see a HHH/Swagger feud but I'm afraid that HHH won't put Swagger over.

If he is not there then it is Just Cena, or worse Jericho..........Ths state of wrestling without HHH was never more obvious than when Jericho won the "wrestler of the year" award when HHH was out. Seriously between Orton, Batista, Cena, Undertaker, HBK, Edge, Hardy, Meysterio and Flair..........Jericho was the best they could come up with.........its ridiculous to think wrestling would be anywhere close to as good as it is without HHH. By the way he is only around 40 but he is too old? Flair is over 60 and people still want to see him, just give it a rest. HHH is the KING of KINGS and that nickname really says it all!

Ok i like triple h as much as the next guy but i also have a problem with him always being in the main event scene.triple h is a good entertainer and wrestler but he also needs to share the spotlight with other people other than cena. And no dont assume that i hate cena or anything i mean i dont like the guys character but thats beside the point. The real reson i posted this post was because you said if triple h was not there it would be worst because jericho would main event? Seriously? Come on jericho is one of the biggest superstars in the wwe today. The guy can make you love him one minute and completely hate him the next. He knows how to work a crowd and more important can put on a good match with almost anyone. He can play the superhero everyone loves and he can play the evil sadistic heel that you hate so much. To say that the wwe would be in bad shape with jericho in it is an insult to every wrestling fan with a brain who has been around long enough to know who jericho is. Im talking about back in the day when jericho first debuted with the wwe. The guy is great and can do his job better or just as good as anyone else.And i bet triple h being out had nothing to do with jericho winning the superstar of the year. Triple h could have been there and jericho would have still won because by him winning that it help push his heel character even more.Once he won that he became more cocky and full of himself.To say that he only won that because triple h was not there is just ridicoulous. And if jericho is so bad why did the wwe bring him back when the wwe was in dire need of something to help raise the raitings. I mean look at jerichos matches this guy can entertain the hell out of you and keep you on the edge of your seat. Like i said i like triple h but he does need to step away from the title scene for a llittle bit and give other people a chance.And the whole king of kings name was giving to him by creative and he probably help come up with it unfortunately.It helped make his comeback so much better in the feud between booker and jerry lawler to see who the real king of kings was.Im not trying to bash triple h because i have always said that the guy is good and deserves to be where he is because of him and not because of him banging steph. He can work great with anyone to some extent you know.Triple h is no doubt a legend in the buissness and is also helping the wwe stay afloat. But he is not the only reason wwe is staying afloat. But seriously dont bash a superstar like jericho who is no doubt a future hall of famer and has done nothing but help the wwe since he came back. Jericho is one of the greatest and anyone can tell you that.

Triple H is the worst thing to happen to Raw. Think about this at The Bash just one week after he competes in a brutal Last Man Standing Match and apparently has a leg injury he goes toe to toe with the Vyper and dominates the first two falls. Then in the stretcher match portion it takes all three members of Legacy and a low blow and a piece of the barricade to barely get HHH over the line. Then he gets right back up and knocks Orton out with a Sledgehammer. WTF!!!!!? He no sells everything, during the match with MVP he got his leg destroyed the whole match and hit the Pedigree and pinned him and walked off. He's always booked to look invincible. Taker and Michaels have the same position in the company but they put people over all the time. Cena makes his opponents look like a million bucks and is a way better wrestler than HHH. I don't know whats supposed to be so special about him. He has a position of power he married his way into. It won't end until he dies or divorces her sadly.

Hadly anybody brings up him marring Stephanie. I admire him for it if anything. Ambitious cunt that he is.

People hate him because he's presented as being the greatest when he clearly isn't, he doesn't put anybody over, he's stale, he refuses to change his gimmick, he'll squash 5 wrestlers to make himself look better and a multitude of other reasons.

If Triple H, the character is so good, then why does he always have to rely on a sledgehammer to do his work?

Hadly anybody brings up him marring Stephanie. I admire him for it if anything. Ambitious cunt that he is.

People hate him because he's presented as being the greatest when he clearly isn't, he doesn't put anybody over, he's stale, he refuses to change his gimmick, he'll squash 5 wrestlers to make himself look better and a multitude of other reasons.

If Triple H, the character is so good, then why does he always have to rely on a sledgehammer to do his work?

Taker and HBK are still carrying the same gimmick they had 20 years ago and I don't see anybody complaining about that. As for putting talent over, the last time Shawn gave somebody a good rub was at WM23 against John Cena, but Trips also did the same at WM22. The last time Taker helped put over talent was when Khali debuted, whose size alone was enough to put him over anyway. Once again, I see no difference between these three veterans.

As for the sledgehammer, if Randy Orton and those other two guys ambushed me every week on RAW, I would use a sledgehammer too.

Ok i like triple h as much as the next guy but i also have a problem with him always being in the main event scene.triple h is a good entertainer and wrestler but he also needs to share the spotlight with other people other than cena. And no dont assume that i hate cena or anything i mean i dont like the guys character but thats beside the point. The real reson i posted this post was because you said if triple h was not there it would be worst because jericho would main event? Seriously? Come on jericho is one of the biggest superstars in the wwe today. The guy can make you love him one minute and completely hate him the next. He knows how to work a crowd and more important can put on a good match with almost anyone. He can play the superhero everyone loves and he can play the evil sadistic heel that you hate so much. To say that the wwe would be in bad shape with jericho in it is an insult to every wrestling fan with a brain who has been around long enough to know who jericho is. Im talking about back in the day when jericho first debuted with the wwe. The guy is great and can do his job better or just as good as anyone else.And i bet triple h being out had nothing to do with jericho winning the superstar of the year. Triple h could have been there and jericho would have still won because by him winning that it help push his heel character even more.Once he won that he became more cocky and full of himself.To say that he only won that because triple h was not there is just ridicoulous. And if jericho is so bad why did the wwe bring him back when the wwe was in dire need of something to help raise the raitings. I mean look at jerichos matches this guy can entertain the hell out of you and keep you on the edge of your seat. Like i said i like triple h but he does need to step away from the title scene for a llittle bit and give other people a chance.And the whole king of kings name was giving to him by creative and he probably help come up with it unfortunately.It helped make his comeback so much better in the feud between booker and jerry lawler to see who the real king of kings was.Im not trying to bash triple h because i have always said that the guy is good and deserves to be where he is because of him and not because of him banging steph. He can work great with anyone to some extent you know.Triple h is no doubt a legend in the buissness and is also helping the wwe stay afloat. But he is not the only reason wwe is staying afloat. But seriously dont bash a superstar like jericho who is no doubt a future hall of famer and has done nothing but help the wwe since he came back. Jericho is one of the greatest and anyone can tell you that.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I never said that if HHH was not injured that he would have won WOY award. What I said was that there were many better choices and the fact they chose Jericho shows that wrestling was "down" last year. Anyone can be a heel, the fact that Jericho is a heel is the only reason he is even slightly entertaining. Who knows why WWE brought back Jericho, I mean why did they bring back D-Lo Brown? Was it because of the ratings being down? Obviously not and to say they brought Jericho back because the ratings were down is ridiculous in itself!

I have quite the opinion of Triple H but I will attempt to keep it limited to a paragraph or two.

The main issue I have with Triple H is that deep down he truly believes he is one of greatest wrestlers to ever grace the squared circle but Vince is to partially to blame for this mindset. Triple H was constantly booked with wrestlers who were quite over with the audience. Individuals such as The Rock, Steve Austin, Mick Foley,Shawn Michaels and several others were booked to face Triple H and put him over as a main event performer but he has never done the same in return for many of the younger generation stars. I feel the WWE placed him against those opponents merely to latch onto a portion of their fame and get himself over.

I will never take anything away from Triple H as an in ring competitor as he is fairly good but incapable of bringing out the best in his opponent. Wrestlers such as Mr.Perfect, Bret Hart and Chris Benoit have been known to make their opponent look like a million dollars whether it was in a winning or losing manner but the same does not apply to Triple H who often appears to be bored in the ring if it's not a friend of his or big star as his opponent.

The fact that Triple H is being pushed and applauded by the WWE as one of the greatest stars of all time is quite appalling and an insult to many of the legends who entertained us for years.

I'll end with two quick thoughts. I know there are many who claim that he got to where he is solely because he is married to the bosses daughter but I don't find that to be entirely correct. He got to where he was because he entered the company and immediately flocked to Shawn Michaels who became his safety net. He knew how to play the "game" but he sacrificed his integrity and reputation by doing so.

Answering the original question...why must Triple H look so good? The McMahon's believe he deserves to and he should know as he is one of them.

Taker and HBK are still carrying the same gimmick they had 20 years ago and I don't see anybody complaining about that.
The two have gone through drastic changes. That and 20 years is rounding up on your part, but I'll let your liberal use of the numbers slide. :)

Michaels, as a character, has evolved and changed. Michaels has been the Shawn Michaels of the 90s and come back as a different, better man. Shawn has become a man who had to be tempted or pushed to go to extreme lengths to hurt an opponent, as was the case in his feuds with Randy Orton in 2007, Jericho last year, and the McMahons in 2006. Michaels doesn't resort to the measures that would inflict great harm on an opponent as impulsively as The Game and Michaels is able to display the moral scruples left by his actions in an expressive manner. In addition to all of those challanges, last year we saw a somber Shawn Michaels who was weighed down by the guilt of what he did at Mania and the difficult position JBL put him in. The character has gained layers that Triple H's character hasn't. Hunter's character just does things and has never really been challanged like Michaels' beliefs and decisions have been.

As for Taker, he took a long break from his Deadman character at one point, is still really only a part-time special attraction most of the time, and doesn't hog the title scene in an uncalled for manner like Triple H.

That's why they get more of a pass than The Game.

As for putting talent over, the last time Shawn gave somebody a good rub was at WM23 against John Cena, but Trips also did the same at WM22.
So Triple H should get a pass because Shawn sucks at this too?

Oh, and Shawn put over Jeff and Jericho last year. :)

The last time Taker helped put over talent was when Khali debuted, whose size alone was enough to put him over anyway.
Taker continued to give up and sell for Big Show several times this year and last year, suffering several clean losses he didn't have to take. He also put Kozlov over.

:headscratch:

Also, even though it did nothing for the man, both Shawn and Taker helped Kennedy out.

I've been a hhh fan forever ever seince the old dx days. Everyone here is not too far off. Hhh has a good character and great mic skills (that he learned from shawn) but that's its. Now that I think of it he sux as a wrestler. He has always used the best talent to make himself go over as a good wrestler. Let's look at it. In the 90's owen made him look like a fuckin stud, then the rock, austin, then shawn now cena and orton. The guy can't make anyone else look good or even himself he has to wrestle extremly good talet so we think he's a good wrestler but he's not. Just a good character with mic skills. Anyone remember his fued with batista borin as matches proof of two guys who can't wrestle worth shit but one who has mic skills and that's it. He's like cena two three moves pedagree and that's it nothin special.

The two have gone through drastic changes. That and 20 years is rounding up on your part, but I'll let your liberal use of the numbers slide. :)

Michaels, as a character, has evolved and changed. Michaels has been the Shawn Michaels of the 90s and come back as a different, better man. Shawn has become a man who had to be tempted or pushed to go to extreme lengths to hurt an opponent, as was the case in his feuds with Randy Orton in 2007, Jericho last year, and the McMahons in 2006. Michaels doesn't resort to the measures that would inflict great harm on an opponent as impulsively as The Game and Michaels is able to display the moral scruples left by his actions in an expressive manner. In addition to all of those challanges, last year we saw a somber Shawn Michaels who was weighed down by the guilt of what he did at Mania and the difficult position JBL put him in. The character has gained layers that Triple H's character hasn't. Hunter's character just does things and has never really been challanged like Michaels' beliefs and decisions have been.

As for Taker, he took a long break from his Deadman character at one point, is still really only a part-time special attraction most of the time, and doesn't hog the title scene in an uncalled for manner like Triple H.

That's why they get more of a pass than The Game.

Yes, Shawn and Taker went through some changes throughout their careers, but so have Triple H. He went from being a cocky blueblood, a funny degenerate, a pissed off cerebral assassin, a clean shaven arrogant leader of Evolution, a degenerate again, and now he is a mix of all of these gimmicks. Jake saying he refuses to change gimmicks is ridiculous, Taker and Shawn also had more time in the WWE than Trips, so of course they have more layers added on to their style. In the end, they are still the Sexy Boy and the Deadman, just like Triple H will always be The Game.

So Triple H should get a pass because Shawn sucks at this too?

I never did say Triple H is putting younger talent over from left to right, I admit that he rarely puts younger talent over, I am just pointing out the fact that Shawn and Taker rarely puts younger talent over either.

Oh, and Shawn put over Jeff and Jericho last year. :)

Shawn put over Jeff in a meaningless match, there was no storyline or feud to it, but yes, Shawn did make Jeff look good. Triple H on the other hand, did have a friendly rivalry feud with Jeff, and he put him over, even though the haters try to deny it. If you watch that match, you will notice that the fans went crazy over Jeff's victory, it may have been a roll up, but the fans didn't care, a win is a win. Like it or not, but the fans will remember Jeff's PPV roll up victory over Triple H before they remember that random match against HBK on RAW, I totally forgot about it myself until you mentioned it lol.

As for Jericho, he was already an established star to begin with, it's not like Shawn was creating the next big Main Eventer or anything.

Taker continued to give up and sell for Big Show several times this year and last year, suffering several clean losses he didn't have to take. He also put Kozlov over.

:headscratch:

Like I previously said about Jericho, Big Show is already a big star in the WWE, unlike Brian Kendrick, who desperately needs a push.

Koslov's victory over Taker was nullified when Shawn and Taker beat him consecutively a few weeks later. They were instrumental in ruining his monster push.

Also, even though it did nothing for the man, both Shawn and Taker helped Kennedy out.

You said it yourself, they obviously didn't put him over good enough since he got fired recently.

I never did say Triple H is putting younger talent over from left to right, I admit that he rarely puts younger talent over, I am just pointing out the fact that Shawn and Taker rarely puts younger talent over either.

Questionable. And rarely > never. Taker still did more for Hardy in one gimmick match on TV than HHH managed in 3 PPV matches. Hardy won almost cleanly and Taker sold the pin properly.

Shawn put over Jeff in a meaningless match, there was no storyline or feud to it, but yes, Shawn did make Jeff look good. Triple H on the other hand, did have a friendly rivalry feud with Jeff, and he put him over, even though the haters try to deny it. If you watch that match, you will notice that the fans went crazy over Jeff's victory, it may have been a roll up, but the fans didn't care, a win is a win. Like it or not, but the fans will remember Jeff's PPV roll up victory over Triple H before they remember that random match against HBK on RAW, I totally forgot about it myself until you mentioned it lol.

And the next year, HHH went to take Hardy's finisher and pin him seconds after in an extraordinary display of idiocy worthy of the Ultimate Warrior. That's what people remember now. HHH just had to prove to everybody that he was better than Jeff Hardy about 3 times over, and didn't even take the pin at Armageddon when Hardy eventually got the belt. Just to prove the point.

As for Jericho, he was already an established star to begin with, it's not like Shawn was creating the next big Main Eventer or anything.

He certainly set him up very nicely for his world title run, after Jericho had spent too long jobbing and needed building back up. Jericho's current success is still based off that excellent feud.

Like I previously said about Jericho, Big Show is already a big star in the WWE, unlike Brian Kendrick, who desperately needs a push.

So Taker should job to Brian Kendrick. Ok, well, maybe Shawn should, but the Undertaker jobbing to Kendrick? Hardly credible.

Koslov's victory over Taker was nullified when Shawn and Taker beat him consecutively a few weeks later. They were instrumental in ruining his monster push.

A push that was shite and was rightly ended, cuz Kozlov sucks. Nowhere near as good as Umaga, not even close.

You said it yourself, they obviously didn't put him over good enough since he got fired recently.

Now that's really disappointing. Very lazy and sloppy. You know as well as I do Kennedy got fired because of consistent injuries and sloppy working. Nothing to do with who put him over to what degree.

Ok i dont think you guys are giving credit to HHH...

Remember this is the man who has fought THE BEST and has come out on top!! Remember the classic matches he had with Cactus Jack?? How about the time here tore up his knee and continued to wrestle in the match??

Honestly if he would have lost it wouldve made him look bad!! Come losing to MVP?? Not HHH..

And for those who say he's the bosses daughter and thats why he is looking good he has said in numerous interviews thats the one thing he feared..that him doing good in his career is going to be linked to steph!! He was been wrestling since the 90's!! And is still wrestling and the fans LOVE HIM...OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD....He has talent!! I do agree that this storyline is getting drawn out.. i think that if he wins against Orton and Cena he should win the belt and hold it for awhile if they dont plan on giving him the belt they should have Cena win and become the new champ just to give the HHH..Orton beef a rest!!

Taker and HBK are still carrying the same gimmick they had 20 years ago and I don't see anybody complaining about that.

Well, not really 20 years under the same gimmicks. But surely that highlights how poor Triple H is as a performer. Stale after 10 years when HBK & Undertaker aren't after 20.

As for putting talent over, the last time Shawn gave somebody a good rub was at WM23 against John Cena, but Trips also did the same at WM22.

Then Shawn has done it more recently, right?

Anyway, I was under the impression that Cena was already a star when both of those matches occured. He was in the headline match at WrestleMania after all.

The last time Taker helped put over talent was when Khali debuted, whose size alone was enough to put him over anyway. Once again, I see no difference between these three veterans.

Undertaker put over Kennedy as well, later in 2006. Shame Kennedy was terrible.

Undertaker also loses cleanly, frequently. And in matches against wrestler he's not going to lose to, like Shelton Benjamin, he puts them over by taking their offence and selling well for them. A loss to Undertaker harms nobody, can't say the same for Triple H.

As for the sledgehammer, if Randy Orton and those other two guys ambushed me every week on RAW, I would use a sledgehammer too.

He uses it when Randy is on his own as well. He uses it when he's a heel. When he's a face. One opponet. 5 opponents.

He's relying on the weapon because it's a cheap pop.

The problem with Triple H winning this week(and Cena winning come to that) is we've now got a match next week on raw that we've seen before to deciede who faces Orton in, yet another match we've seen before(in the case of Orton/Hunter far too many times). We could be looking forward to a fresh match next week and a fresh match at the PPV, but we won't,we're just gonna be fed the same crap we've been seeing for months now. Raw is so stale ATM and it seems to me the main focus of the show is to show how great Triple H is. They've really made Orton look so weak in this fued it now can't redress the balance even if he beats Hunter clean when they next fight(which will probably be at night of the champions).I know Orton was in a weakened condition when he put Henry over, but come on,even as a heel champion you know Triple H would have triumphed in a three on one match. He certainly wouldn't have jobbed to "the worlds worst wrestler".

------------------------------------------------------------------
I never said that if HHH was not injured that he would have won WOY award. What I said was that there were many better choices and the fact they chose Jericho shows that wrestling was "down" last year. Anyone can be a heel, the fact that Jericho is a heel is the only reason he is even slightly entertaining. Who knows why WWE brought back Jericho, I mean why did they bring back D-Lo Brown? Was it because of the ratings being down? Obviously not and to say they brought Jericho back because the ratings were down is ridiculous in itself!

No you said that if triple h was not injured then he, jericho, would have not won the WOY award. Ok theres was better choices then? Name one superstar last year that made a bigger inpact on raw then jericho. Give the reason you chose them and what did they do that was so big that they deserved that award.Remember for that year dont go back years or too far ahead.And no not evryone can be a heel. Its hard to sometimes get the crowed to hate you. Perfect example triple h. He said it himself he would do vicious things and the fans would love it and cheer him on. They forced triple h to turn face. he even said it in an interview because he also said that he would rather be heel.Jericho can be entertaining as a face too. Let me guess and im not trying to be rude or sound smart but did you ever see jericho when he first came to the wwe or during his fued with any of the old heels?. He was entertaining as hell. He had the crowed eating out of his hand. Thats the thing bout jericho heel or face he came make people love him or hate him as fast as he wants. No its not ridicoulous. Let see when you have a superstar who was the first undisputed champ, got over with the crowed really well, is awsome on the mic, and can wrestle you best believe they going to bring him back. Jericho left cuz he wanted time off to focus on his band. wwe never released him jericho wanted time off. So of course when you have a start like jericho wanting to come back your going to do everything possible to bring him back. And you cant compare DLO brown to someone like jericho. Wat has DLo brown done that has made him a huge success in the wwe? nothing. look at jerichos past and future. he is one of the best wrestlers to step foot in that ring. not the best but one of them. Just to say that jericho sucks or is horrible its just ridiculous in itself.

OK people I know we have been here before a billion times, but this is really getting on my last nerve. Also this is my first thread im starting :)

Anyway is anyone else sick of Triple H's eternal push? It seems to me like it never stops. He constantly forcing himself in the main even why? because he is greedy and this will make him go down in history as one of the lowest things a wrestler has ever done.

Lets take a look back since he returned from injury back in 2007:

At SummerSlam he absolutely buried Booker T (King Booker) in a quick match that barley saw Booker get any offense at all. He then went on to feud with Carlito who ended up getting buried worse in their match at Unforgiven. Then He went on to feud with Umaga and made Umaga look like a punk in almost every match they had. The man took 3 title matches to bring him down at No Mercy 07. He beat Orton for the title in the first match of the night then retained the title against Umaga later in the night and finally in the main even Orton beat Trips In a LAST MAN STANDING match to win the title back. So it took 3 title matches and weapons to keep The Nose down.

Then we got the Jeff Hardy wars. Remember when Triple H thought he would pull one over on us when he let Jeff Hardy beat him. Hardy beat him with Jack-knife pin and Triple H had this look on his face which was like "I cannot believe I lost to someone this much below me". Then when Jeff was one of the most over people in WWE and it was time for Hardy to have a reign with the belt, The Nose refused to lose him. No Mercy's ending was terrible Trips took a TWIST OF FATE AND A SWANTON and still had enough strength to backslide Jeff for the pin. Then Trips in screwjob manner dropped the belt to Edge so he could drop it to Jeff. It was one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen.

Now he has won himself a 13th world title reign. When he won that Elimination Chamber back at No Way Out, Had a feud with Orton and the two had a horrendous title bout in the main event of WrestleMania 25 which if you watch is a standard "Triple H Match" really it was. Then he lost the belt to Orton in a 6 man tag match after Orton punted him in the head which I was happy for because I thought Trips would be taking some good time off.

But I was wrong as a month and a half later The Nose comes back to ruin the wrestling fan's summer and has since been in 3 title matches since his return. The WWE title Fatal Four Way. the Last Man Standing match, and the 3 Stages of Hell match, but that number is going on to 4 because he is in the Triple Threat match for the title at NoC :(

My question is will this guy ever stop. IMO I dont think he will, even if he beat Flair's world title record this guy will stop going just to try and make himself look good. But in reality he is doing the exact opposite because he is making himself look like a major Political ****e!

I've grown up watching HHH and he's one of my favorite wrestlers when it comes down to it he can wrestle just look at some of the matches he's had with Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. Anyways the only reason he gets pushed (IMO this is something people tend to over look when it comes to HHH and Cena and anyone else they don't like seeing lol) is that those are who the people want to see just listen to the pops they get when they come on so while some of us may not like it the majority comes before the minority so eventually he'll fade away to make way for Orton to take his spot along with Cena and any other up and coming stars.

that was hogan at one time, that was flair at one time, that was undertaker at one time, that was sting at one time, that is angle now and cena, the rock, austin. they all have it cause they give it what they got and thats why they are the best whether they kiss ass or not, they work with guys in the ring and the had to of earned respect in the ring and through that they caught the bosses eye!

OK people I know we have been here before a billion times, but this is really getting on my last nerve. Also this is my first thread im starting :)

Your first thread a blind Triple H hater thread. Geez. I figure it's better than a blind Benjamin loving thread, though.

Anyway is anyone else sick of Triple H's eternal push? It seems to me like it never stops. He constantly forcing himself in the main even why? because he is greedy and this will make him go down in history as one of the lowest things a wrestler has ever done.

The lowest thing a wrestler has ever done? Really? He's the top of the card. He's not going to be losing to everyone. He has lost to plenty of people, and perfected the style of match that pushes the wrestler without having the wrestler win. I.E. Cena/Swagger, Cena/Miz, Orton/Dibiase, MVP/Triple H

Who would you have him lose to? A untrustworthy (and at that moment) upper mid-card Hardy? A upper mid-card MVP? Or a Miz that hasn't even proven himself in the main-event against Cena yet? That Cena match on Raw went a long way for Miz, but Miz hasn't gotten a solid win over Cena, and therefore isn't a solid contender against Triple H.

I mean really. Who has their top face losing all the time?

My question is will this guy ever stop. IMO I dont think he will, even if he beat Flair's world title record this guy will stop going just to try and make himself look good. But in reality he is doing the exact opposite because he is making himself look like a major Political ****e!

1) If he has the crowd reaction, and has the work in the ring to back it up, he should keep going. However, he should watch the Ric Flair effect. Ric Flair was over in the ring and had the ring work to keep the crowd engrossed. Despite all of that, Flair should have retired years before he "did." Flair was simply ancient in the ring, and it showed. He was a true pain to watch, even in his Carlito feud.

2) Political ****e? Hardly. It's smart booking. Triple H is arguably the biggest star of the company. If someone beats Triple H, it's a big moment. Bigger than if someone beats Cena, for instance. Not everyone is going to get that win. It's saved for someone who can truly use it.

He has lost to plenty of people, and perfected the style of match that pushes the wrestler without having the wrestler win. I.E. Cena/Swagger, Cena/Miz, Orton/Dibiase, MVP/Triple H

Three of those four examples were of a big star and a relatively small star. The Miz wasn't harmed by Cena because The Miz was several levels below him and he wasn't worthy of more than Cena gave him in the match.

With Triple H you've given MVP as an example. Somebody who was and should be at a higher level. The match with Triple H didn't help him, which it should've. All it did was highlight how much better Triple H is and is perceived to be.

Who would you have him lose to? A untrustworthy (and at that moment) upper mid-card Hardy?

That Hardy who the the fans were demanding be pushed to the moon? The Hardy that was soon to become WWE Champion.

If Jeff Hardy was soon to become WWE Champion, one that would presumably beat people with his finishing moves instead of a roll up, then why wouldn't Triple H put him over properly?

I mean really. Who has their top face losing all the time?

Cena loses more than he should.

1) If he has the crowd reaction, and has the work in the ring to back it up, he should keep going.

A lot of fans showed how they felt about him when they sung him out of the arena at Backlash.

2) Political ****e? Hardly. It's smart booking. Triple H is arguably the biggest star of the company.

Arguably not. It's arguable if he's ever been the biggest star in the company. He certainly wasn't when Austin or The Rock were around, he isn't now Cena is, he was so awful in 2003 Brock Lesnar probably was.

If someone beats Triple H, it's a big moment. Bigger than if someone beats Cena, for instance. Not everyone is going to get that win. It's saved for someone who can truly use it.

Shelton Benjamin & Vladimir Kozlov, for example.

Three of those four examples were of a big star and a relatively small star. The Miz wasn't harmed by Cena because The Miz was several levels below him and he wasn't worthy of more than Cena gave him in the match.

With Triple H you've given MVP as an example. Somebody who was and should be at a higher level. The match with Triple H didn't help him, which it should've. All it did was highlight how much better Triple H is and is perceived to be.

MVP was on a higher level than the Miz and Dibiase, sure. But it still doesn't change the fact that 10 minutes of Triple H selling his offense before finally losing to a move that the greats have fallen to helped MVP out. Maybe not as much as win would have, but Triple H the former world champion isn't going to lose to the upper-mid card MVP.

That Hardy who the the fans were demanding be pushed to the moon? The Hardy that was soon to become WWE Champion.

If Jeff Hardy was soon to become WWE Champion, one that would presumably beat people with his finishing moves instead of a roll up, then why wouldn't Triple H put him over properly?

...That was honestly probably more of a Triple H not wanting to job to Hardy thing. I mean, Hardy DID get the win. But he got it via a roll up, and Triple H made him pay for it many matches after. Point taken.

Cena loses more than he should.

He does, it's true.

A lot of fans showed how they felt about him when they sung him out of the arena at Backlash.

Eh, people have booed Cena out of the arena before. But we seem to agree Cena is a very big star. A crowd booing during Backlash does not a horrible wrestler make.

Arguably not. It's arguable if he's ever been the biggest star in the company. He certainly wasn't when Austin or The Rock were around, he isn't now Cena is, he was so awful in 2003 Brock Lesnar probably was

Well, no one would argue Triple H over Austin or The Rock. Simple ratings show that Austin and The Rock drew infinitely more than Triple H ever did.

I would also argue Cena is a bigger star in the company than Triple H, going merely off of the ratings. Ratings don't drop during Cena title reigns.

However, as of right now, kayfabe wise Triple H is bigger than Cena. Maybe not how you or I see it, but in the wrestling world, Triple H is simply a better veteran, a better wrestler, a true testament to what a wrestler will become if he's talented. And he's not losing to just any snot-nosed mid-carder.

Shelton Benjamin & Vladimir Kozlov, for example.

Benjamin? The jackass who Triple H gave multiple wins to on Smackdown? Kozlov really could have used the wins, true. His push ended completely and suddenly once he hit Triple H. Sad. Months of being "undefeated" to end on Triple H.

However, simply speaking, Triple H's wins are going off of simple booking. He's a massive main event player and multiple time world champion. He's not going to lose to a Russian who headbutts people or a waste of athletic talent with bleached hair. It's like asking Cena to lose to Festus. It would make no sense at all.

MVP was on a higher level than the Miz and Dibiase, sure. But it still doesn't change the fact that 10 minutes of Triple H selling his offense before finally losing to a move that the greats have fallen to helped MVP out. Maybe not as much as win would have,

In what way did it help him out? It was a nothing match. You knew he wouldn't win. It didn't lead to a feud between himself and Triple H.

but Triple H the former world champion isn't going to lose to the upper-mid card MVP.

Nit now, but last yeas he should've. MVP had serious momentum and he was cut off for some reason.

Eh, people have booed Cena out of the arena before. But we seem to agree Cena is a very big star. A crowd booing during Backlash does not a horrible wrestler make.

It means people of bored of him and his character. Just like people didn't like Cena's shitty offence and lame facial expressions in 2005.

However, as of right now, kayfabe wise Triple H is bigger than Cena.

Kayfabe wise Triple H has been bigger than almost everybody for 10 years now. In reality, it doesn't matter how hard he's pushed or how good he is, he'll never be considered in the elite. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Flair and possibly even The Undertaker & HBK are in a whole other league to Triple H.

Benjamin? The jackass who Triple H gave multiple wins to on Smackdown?

The wins really should have meant more if Triple H losses are big moments.

However, simply speaking, Triple H's wins are going off of simple booking. He's a massive main event player and multiple time world champion. He's not going to lose to a Russian who headbutts people or a waste of athletic talent with bleached hair. It's like asking Cena to lose to Festus. It would make no sense at all.

Cena losing to Festus would be perfectly acceptable if WWE were presenting him as a monster heel at the top of the card.

Oh come on now. Are we really going to argue that HHH isn't one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Are we really going to argue that at some point, he wasn't the biggest draw in the company? Are we going to argue that a win or even a match against HHH doesn't help a lower performer's career? Come now, don't be silly.

If you want proof that HHH is one of if not the biggest star in the WWE, look no further than Orton or Batista. Just hanging out with HHH via Evolution shot them to superstardom (Flair had an impact to). Y 2 Jake, you mentioned some years where HHH wasn't the biggest draw in the WWE, let's mention some years where he was the biggest draw. During the Evolution Era HHH was the most watched and most hated superstar of that time period. People may not have liked him, but people watched just to see him lose. You want proof, ok. Can we agree that the WWE puts their biggest stars in the main events at Wrestlmania, whether it be an up and comer going against the seasoned veteran or the champion going against his star challenger. So if he wasn't the biggest draw, how come he main evented WM 18, was in a championship match against Booker T at WM 19, main evented WM 20, WM 21, and WM 22 in a row? He may not have been the most liked at that time, but he was the most watched. And let's not forget the huge ratings his fued with HBK drew.

HHH is huge, end of discussion.

Oh come on now. Are we really going to argue that HHH isn't one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

At a stretch he makes the top 10.

Are we really going to argue that at some point, he wasn't the biggest draw in the company?

Probably, yeah.

Are we going to argue that a win or even a match against HHH doesn't help a lower performer's career?

They certainly don't help in the way they should.

If you want proof that HHH is one of if not the biggest star in the WWE, look no further than Orton or Batista. Just hanging out with HHH via Evolution shot them to superstardom (Flair had an impact to).

You've got a point with Batista. Orton, well he would've made it anyway....wouldn't he? In one way yeash, because it wasn't Triple H that helped build Orton back up again after Triple H had his way with him.

Y 2 Jake, you mentioned some years where HHH wasn't the biggest draw in the WWE, let's mention some years where he was the biggest draw. During the Evolution Era HHH was the most watched and most hated superstar of that time period. People may not have liked him, but people watched just to see him lose.

Maybe. But he was sharing screen time with three other wrestlers in his heel stable and he was facing Goldberg, HBK and others. Along with another brand helping on certain PPV.

But I might be inclined to agree that Triple H was the biggest heel of the company in 2004. Shame nobody remembers too much about that year.

You want proof, ok. Can we agree that the WWE puts their biggest stars in the main events at Wrestlmania, whether it be an up and comer going against the seasoned veteran or the champion going against his star challenger.

No.

So if he wasn't the biggest draw, how come he main evented WM 18,

Hogan vs. Rock was the main event.

was in a championship match against Booker T at WM 19,

Hogan vs. Vince was the main event.

main evented WM 20,

That was a main event. But it was also the biggest show WWE had put on at the time, he shared his match with two other wrestlers, there was a 2nd world title match and he had the return of The Rock & Undertaker to help the show.

Batista vs. HHH was the biggest match of that show. It was also one of the worst.

and WM 22 in a row?

That match never captured the imagination like it should've.

He may not have been the most liked at that time, but he was the most watched. And let's not forget the huge ratings his fued with HBK drew.

Foget, not know, same thing.

HHH is huge, end of discussion.

Where's his boom period?

Oh come on now. Are we really going to argue that HHH isn't one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

Depends what you mean by "one of the biggest stars in WWE history". Define exactly what qualifies you to be considered that and I'll tell you if he is. By my definition, ehhh... maybe.

Are we really going to argue that at some point, he wasn't the biggest draw in the company?

I don't think he was. If he was, it was for a short time while the company was in decline. So sure, you could just about, maybe credit him with that but it'd be a hollow title.

Are we going to argue that a win or even a match against HHH doesn't help a lower performer's career?

Oh, definitely. For sure. Yes. Yes, very much. Very much indeed.

If you want proof that HHH is one of if not the biggest star in the WWE, look no further than Orton or Batista. Just hanging out with HHH via Evolution shot them to superstardom (Flair had an impact to).

Doesn't really explain why Orton didn't make an impact for quite some time after Evolution and had to redesign his character in order to do it.

As for Batista, ehh, yeah, I suppose a little. He's hardly had the impact that I would have expected him to have, nor is he exactly going to be a valuable commodity for much longer.

Can we agree that the WWE puts their biggest stars in the main events at Wrestlmania,

No. Because Triple H and Chris Jericho were once in one together, that's my logic. Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Steve Austin were further down the card. Much bigger stars.

Really, the best argument for Triple H is that he was at his biggest when the old guys had called it a day and before the young guys had had time to set up camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back