The Triple H Thread

What is your opinion of Triple H.?

• I Hate Him!

• I'm not a fan of his

• Neutral: Don't like or hate him

• He's okay, not the greatest

• He's The King of Kings!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well this is what we are talking about. Why can't Triple H do the right thing that HBK and Undertaker have done, and thats go lower in the card and help put over the younger talent and kinda take breaks from being in the main event.

Instead he doesn't really ever put any one over (my biggest example being the Hardy Wars of last year), and is constantly shoved down our throats in the main event picture. His everlasting main event spot is what pisses a lot of us off because if he is such "Huge Star" then why does he always need to main event consistently? I could see pulling an HBK and Taker and main event here and there but all the time is just not necessary.

But IMO i think Triple H honestly thinks that he is the best thing that the WWE has to offer, and when he does those arrogant promos I believe he is speaking what he actually believes. All in all the man will never be the most over star in the company, he is stale and boring as hell to watch, his in ring performance has diminished and he needs to do the right thing and get out of the main event to help younger talent (which won't happen because we are talking about Triple H)

You see, I kind of agree with you. I think that he should put over younger talent. Again, this is the only problem that I have HHH. But if the man wants to work full time, who are we to tell him otherwise. IMO he has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to do in the company. Along with HBK and 'Taker. Would WWE be better if he took a back seat and let younger talent prevail? Yes it would. Does he have to take a back seat and let younger talent prevail? NO and will never have to.

I also disagree with you about his in ring work and you saying that he is boring. His in ring work is just as good as ever (HHH/Cena on Raw) and his promos are no more as boring as Cena's or Orton's (Although I will admit that he doesn't have the same flavor that he used to). When it comes to promos, honestly, we were spoiled with Austin and The Rock. No one ever or will ever do a spot as well as they did.

His gimmick has worked for years. You don't change something that works.

Yeah you do. Everybody does. The biggest stars in the business had to. Triple H isn't big enough that he doesn't have to. And no, a heel turn doesn't count. The guy is exactly the same as a face and as a heel.

The thing about HHH's that even if he's had an unfair advantage, he's at least been able to back it up.People seem to forget all the good he's done.Batista & Orton would be on ECW right now had it not been for HHH putting them over.And Ric Flair would be in TNA& most people wouldn't have given a crap about him. The only two times I've had a problem with HHH have been in 2002, when he should have jobbed to RVD & in 2006 when he should have let Edge & Cena mainevent WM22(or at least agreed to a triple threat)

Yeah you do. Everybody does. The biggest stars in the business had to. Triple H isn't big enough that he doesn't have to. And no, a heel turn doesn't count. The guy is exactly the same as a face and as a heel.

Yes HHH is big enough that he doesn't have to change his gimmick. Are you really that blind that you can't see that? After Austin found Stone Cold did he have to change? After Rocky Maivia found The Rock, did he have to change? After Shawn Michaels began his HBK persona, did he have to change? Ric Flair has been the Nature Boy for over 30 years, does he need to change? After Hunter Hurst Helmsley found HHH, why should he change?

The thing about HHH's that even if he's had an unfair advantage, he's at least been able to back it up.People seem to forget all the good he's done.Batista & Orton would be on ECW right now had it not been for HHH putting them over.And Ric Flair would be in TNA& most people wouldn't have given a crap about him. The only two times I've had a problem with HHH have been in 2002, when he should have jobbed to RVD & in 2006 when he should have let Edge & Cena mainevent WM22(or at least agreed to a triple threat)

WWE put over Flair, Orton was always going to be a star, Batista is the only one he's put over.

Yes HHH is big enough that he doesn't have to change his gimmick. Are you really that blind that you can't see that? After Austin found Stone Cold did he have to change?

Austin did change, remeber him singing? Also, if he'd continued to wrestle past 2003, he would've changed.

After Rocky Maivia found The Rock, did he have to change?

You mean The Rock who was on the main roster full time for barely 5 years?

After Shawn Michaels began his HBK persona, did he have to change?

That same HBK who's spent as song away from wrestling as he has wrestling?

Ric Flair has been the Nature Boy for over 30 years, does he need to change?

He really, really did.

After Hunter Hurst Helmsley found HHH, why should he change?

Because the wrestlers who don't change usually have a significant ammount of time off to keep their characters fresh. HHH doesn't. They're also all significantly different as a face thanwhen they're a heel. Triple H isn't.

WWE put over *Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha, *Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha was always going to be a star, Batista is the only one he's put over.

*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha did change, remeber him singing? Also, if he'd continued to wrestle past 2003, he would've changed.

You mean The Rock who was on the main roster full time for barely 5 years?

That same HBK who's spent as song away from wrestling as he has wrestling?

He really, really did.

Because the wrestlers who don't change usually have a significant ammount of time off to keep their characters fresh. HHH doesn't. They're also all significantly different as a face thanwhen they're a heel. *Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha*Ha H isn't.

Stone Cold never changed his persona, he simply became a heel, but what happened when he became a face again? Stone Cold never would have changed. BTY The Rock was The Rock from '97 to '04(which is when his last match was) Just simply saying that a character needs to change doesn't prove anything. I want you tell me why HHH should change his persona. It works. Fans love it and he isn't no more as stale or boring as anyone else on the roster. So why should he change? If all you can say is that most characters change, so he should too; then give up.

He's not only a great wrestler, but he's funny on the mic and I think that that's overlooked. Like when he had the Vicki Guerrero doll and made fun of it, I cracked up. You can thank the DX gimmick for that because it showed people the lighter side of Triple H. Triple H is very funny and I usually am in anticipation over what hilarious thing he's going to say next.

hhh is also good at marketing. watching him do all of his segments wif wwe shop merchandise is very fun to hear he nos the business real well.

Why should HHH play less of a role now than he does? He is still just as good as ever! Why call it quits when you can remain on top. Just because others are venturing out doesn't mean he should. Maybe he just wants to stay in the business, who are you to say that he shouldn't?
I wouldn't say he can't stay. But the reality of the situation is the "If you can get on top, do it!" mentality is bad for business if someone is taking all they can for themself. It's a team effort. If it's best for the team for HHH to play second fiddle, put the right guys over, and play a supporting role, he should do it.

He doesn't. As a result, interest in the product as suffered. We're where we are, without a decent crop of top talents, because Trips has spent so many years being selfish lest for maybe three jobs. It's a disgrace.

I agree with you somewhat CoCo.

I think that HHH should start to put over younger talent to build a solid roster for now and for the future. I know that he is all about himself, but I think that we put to much of the blame on HHH for what is going on right now. Vince needs a kick in his ass too. BTW, if we can blame HHH for being all about himself then I am tired of hearing the praises for Hulk Hogan. If you look up egomaniac in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Hulk Hogan posing.

Also, HHH appears to be actively building Legacy right now. They haven't looked better as a team against anyone else as they have against DX. Expect a 6 man tag tonight.

Also, HHH appears to be actively building Legacy right now.

I have to agree with that statement, an with this one also :

I know that he is all about himself, but I think that we put to much of the blame on HHH for what is going on right now. Vince needs a kick in his ass too.

First off, it is great to see Triple H building up other wrestlers. I cannot remember the last time he did such a thing. Triple H may have started to realize that after he and a few others go, there will be little to no star power left on the roster. Hopefully in this feud Legacy will come out looking strong.

Maybe since Triple H has realized that fact, he suggested to Vince that they make Legacy look strong as to help build them up. Many people say Ted will turn face when his movie is released, but how can you expect someone who is a lackey to turn face against someone like Orton? By Triple H building this team he is helping the future stars become strong.

I will be honest, and I am sure many others have said this, it would be great to see DX feud with The Hart Dynasty next somehow. They can build up Legacy and the Hart Dynasty both as devastating teams.

Hopefully this is the start of Triple H putting over many of the younger talent. It would be great to see those mid carders that everyone wants to get pushed go up against him and come out of it looking strong and like a legitimate threat to the main eventers.

I think that HHH should start to put over younger talent to build a solid roster for now and for the future. I know that he is all about himself, but I think that we put to much of the blame on HHH for what is going on right now. Vince needs a kick in his ass too. BTW, if we can blame HHH for being all about himself then I am tired of hearing the praises for Hulk Hogan. If you look up egomaniac in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Hulk Hogan posing.

I agree with you on this, both HHH and Vince need a kick in the ass for his HHH's position mongering and power trips. He needs to do better still at putting people over. Vince and even us to an extent made HHH into the spotlight hog he is, just like Hogan. We have heaped praise on him, adored him, stroked his ego for sooooo long, and still do, that he sees nothing wrong with being in the spotlight still and stepping on everyone else. We/Vince/HHH himself all share equal blame for the egomanical spotlight horder that is HHH. However he can make the conscious effort to start putting other's over, which I believe he is starting to show us he can do...

Also, HHH appears to be actively building Legacy right now. They haven't looked better as a team against anyone else as they have against DX. Expect a 6 man tag tonight.

HHH/DX does indeed appear to be putting Legacy over. Granted they won the match at SS, but before and after that Legacy has beaten the tar out of DX, granted with help from Orton and Dusty, but still it does show that Legacy is a credible threat to DX, which is a huge step for HHH. If you look back, you can see until Legacy the only others he remotely helped put over were Benjamin and Hardy, that's about it, really sad, but now with DX back, he does appear to be sharing the spotlight and helping put DiBiase and Rhodes over. Kudos to HHH for that, hopefully it isn't short lived.

I think that HHH should start to put over younger talent to build a solid roster for now and for the future. I know that he is all about himself, but I think that we put to much of the blame on HHH for what is going on right now. Vince needs a kick in his ass too.
Agreed. Triple H is to blame for doing what he does just as the people who enable him are guilty for letting him get away with it. No doubt there's a whole bunch of "yes men" who need to be shown the door as well.

BTW, if we can blame HHH for being all about himself then I am tired of hearing the praises for Hulk Hogan. If you look up egomaniac in the dictionary, there will be a picture of Hulk Hogan posing.
Hogan, almost all the time, was good for business in a way that justified his position and booking. Triple H, while a moderate draw in certain situations and working with the right people, is not worthy of the booking he's gotten. There's a difference.

HHH and Hbk fued would be nice to watch, but i cant bare the fact of dx parting and to never be again, but like i said, it would make for some good matches, might even see some good old school matches, something you dont see any more, somehting i feel is lacking in the wwe these days. But if seeing these two rasies the rates in the biz, then i guess it has my vote, only if it goes they way i saw.

Ah, so this is where the Triple H bashing has been hiding away?

I like Triple H and I like DX more so. I think that Triple H and Shawn Michaels work brilliantly well as a tag team and I love seeing them on screen together. One of my favourite promos this year was with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. It was the one where Triple H went back to get Shawn, who was working as a short order chef, to re-join DX. Both Triple H and Shawn Michaels compliment each other perfectly and do a great job of balancing each other otu when they are cutting a promo.

I also think that Triple H and Shawn will likely be in a feud come the turn of the year. This may or may not be a good thing but I will definitely be tunign in to see how they plan on ending DX, if they decide that Triple H and Shawn are going to be feuding. The bottom line is that I like Triple H and I don't think that he deserves half of the shit that he gets on here.

This question has been on my mind for a while now. Since i started watching Raw in mid '07 has Triple H ever been pinned. I'm not talking about losing a match, I mean actually pinned 1-2-3 to the mat?

To the question about HHH doing the JOB? Before the DX Reformation, he did indeed do the JOB in a 2-on-1 to Legacy...Now, I've only been watching since January of '09 after taking a few years off, but other than that, I can't really think of a time when Trips has done a JOB on his back...

triple H and edge will be a good match because their styles are similar and they both have the killer instinct that will make one hell of a match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back