The song that got you into...Michael Jackson

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]Zi_XLOBDo_Y[/youtube]​

I can't remember where exactly I was when I first heard this song but I do know that this was the fist Song of his I've ever heard and I was hooked. The beat, Jackson's voice, even the message I get fro mthis song is awesome. I don't know what else to add besides my sadness that he passed away right before going on what he hinted was his last tour before retiring. The music industry lost one of the greats june 25, 2009

[YOUTUBE]sOnqjkJTMaA[/YOUTUBE]

Thriller!

It's such a great song and was the first Michael Jackson song I have ever heard! Also, it's like a mini-movie with the whole set up and not like a music video.

[YOUTUBE]4ru6XlZKZDg[/YOUTUBE]
The Way You Make Me Feel.

Such a great song and has a great beat to it. I always sing this to my lady and it just makes her melt. This is one of many of his songs that I absoulutly love.

Michael Jackson is not my cup of tea but he has a few songs that I have really enjoyed, the first of which, I guess, you can class as the song that got me into the King of Pop.

No one ever likes Earth Song... :(

Personally, I love it. It might not be the most well-known Jackson song but it is certainly one that is worth the adulation of his army of fans. The lyrics are just amazing and, as you might expect, the vocal performance is just mind-blowing. The power in the performance is something to behold and is the main reason that this song struck such a nerve with me. The chorus will never fail to get me involved with the song, it is just so emotional and I cannot help but sing along to it, It truly is wonderful.

Unfortunately, I got wrapped up in all of the stories about Michael Jackson and really fell out of love with the King Of Pop. It is not something I regret but his death really brought me back to his music and I have never looked back since. Like many, I didn't realise what I had until it was gone and Michael Jackson was certainly one of those things.

The song that really brought me back to his fan-base was this little beauty though:

There is just so much fun in this song, it really is hard to hate. Again, the vocal performance is everything that you could ever want from a song and the lyrics are essentially amazing.

Awesome! It's the way it makes me feel.

I am going to agree with Power Trip and go with THE EARTH SONG

There are few songs that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and this is one of them. It has been since the 1st time I heard it, and I was under 10 years old at the time.

I know this song generally gets hated on for the Christ-like imagery portrayed in the video, but to me it simply awesome. The power and emotion in Jackson's voice towards the end of the song contrasts so well with the quiet singing earlier in the track, and the content of the song really strikes a chord.

I also am a huge fan of the video, showing all the terrible things happening in the world, and then as the winds start blowing, Jackson grips onto the trees and the images are reversed, with the elephant coming back to life, the trees standing again etc. It is brilliant. I am not gonna post the video, as I saw Power Trip has already, but if you havent seen it, you gotta check it out. A true classic video.

I was never a HUGE Jackson fan, I liked some of his work but I became very interested in the man following the notorious Martin Bashir interview, where the conversation was edited to paint Jackson in an unfavourable light. I saw the unedited version a week or so later and got a much clearer understanding of why Jackson was as messed up as he was. Obviously, his death brought his music back into the limelight and I picked up some more of his material, finding many more classic tracks.

The world lost a genius in Michael Jackson, one of the greatest entertainers of all time. A very disturbed individual, with a warped view on life, but a phenomenal musical talent. It was very sad that he was unable to complete his "This Is It" tour, but his music will live on forever.

I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan, and I have been all my life. I'll agree with Dave and Natural that the Earth Song is one of the better Michael Jackson songs, but I can think of one that can out do it...

Smooth Criminal
By Michael Jackson

Smooth Criminal beats the living shit out of any other Michael Jackson song. Yeah I said it. Nothing will ever compare to Smooth Criminal. Not Bad, Beat it, Billie Jean, hell, Thriller can't even compare to how epic this song/video is. I remember growing up listening to this song and even remember getting pissed when Alien Ant Farm covered the song. In the lyrics, Jackson is touching on a collective nerve in our culture. Sex and Violence. Smooth Criminal meaning ciminals that promise to go straight, but never do.

Not only is this one of the best songs lyrically, Smooth Criminal has the best choreographed dancing in any of the Michael Jackson songs as well. If you go to the 3:41 mark in the video, you'll see Micheal do some crazy ass shit. He uses his own patented, special shoes to defy gravity and bend his whole body to at least a 45 degree angle with this dance move. The choreographics in this video are excellent and will never be out done in my opinion.

Great song by Jackson. RIP.

[YOUTUBE]pAyKJAtDNCw[/YOUTUBE]

Ok while this song didn't get me into MJ, this is my favorite song of his. So much meaning from him. This might be MJ later in life, but this showed how overall talented he was. The man could be the best singer of all mankind, and maybe even beat out certain types of monkies. But all joking aside, MJ was the best singer/entertainer/dancer/just about whatever he wanted to be, he was the best at it.

R.I.P MJ

I really haven't listened to Michael Jackson since I was a small child, but I remember being fascinated by the Thriller video. It was ground breaking for the time and very innovative.

Later I really enjoyed the song, Black or White, when it was released. I saw the video the first time it was played on FOX that included about a million crotch grabs and MJ beating the bejesus out of a car. Funny enough, I was watching tv with my elderly grandparents (well into their 80's) when Black or White debuted. My grandma nearly had a stroke and my grandpa just snorted and said, "Aint that some shit." AHHHHH memories.

I was born in 1985 and the first song I can remember was "Bad". I am still a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. My mom was only 16 when she had me and she was a huge Michael Jackson fan, so I was stuck with it no matter what. I love his music though, I listen to it daily and am always discovering songs in his later and the unreleased works I acquired that continue to blow me away. I thought Michael Jackson was a God when I was a kid. Outside of my direct family and some of the kids I knew at school, I only knew who a handful of people IN THE WORLD were. There was Michael Jackson at number one, Madonna, George Bush, Big Bird and the gang at Sesame Street, and that's about it. I can't say that I have a favorite song of his either, I love too many of them all the way from The Jackson 5 days to The Jacksons, the solo work he did then, all the way to his newest album "Michael" which is great from top to bottom.

Michael Jackson is one of my favorite artists of all time. I grew up listening to his music along with Nirvana and Eminem. My all time favorite song of his and one of my favorite songs period is Human Nature

This song hits me in a lot of ways. It gives me a feeling that very few songs have ever given me and that is a sense of different meanings. I feel Human Nature can be taken in a lot of different ways. Such as an instance of asking a question like "why is the world so messed up and why do we do the things we do?" and that question can be answered in the lyrics "If they say why, why, tell them that it's human nature". I love so many Michael Jackson songs and I will never forget him, but this song will always truely stick out for me. The melody, the vocals, everything about this song I love.

I'm gonna say Beat It, I remember falling in love with the main riff of the song when I was little. I've explored and fell in love with his other material, but that was the first song I heard by him.

I cant believe nobody has said this but I have to go with The Way You Make Me Feel because it's just plain damn awesome! I loved his music as a kid but then when everyone decided liking MJ was gay I stopped for awhile. But then I decided if they dont like it then screw em and I started listening again, and then song that has been my #1 since then is The Way You Make Me Feel. It just has so much energy and it's so much fun to sing along to, plus I love his dancing in the music video. He was the man and he will not be forgotten.

Smooth Criminal was the song that not only got me into Michael Jackson, but also got me into Alien Ant Farm as well. It's catchy, dark, and yet fun as hell to sing and impersonate Jackson to. I love the lyrics; to me they stand out more than any other Jackson song.

I don't really remember hearing much Michael Jackson before I bought his greatest hits album but I do know that when I bought it, "Scream" became my favorite. I bought the album simply on name power but obviously it had a lot of great songs that I would come to know and love. "Scream" was definitely the one that made me want to hear more though. Plus, for some reason the fact that it's a duet with his sister makes it seem more important. Like he trusted no one else with the words he had written.

[YOUTUBE]0P4A1K4lXDo[/YOUTUBE]

Beat it. Possibly my favourite song of all time. I love the song from the lyrics, the tempo to the beat of the song. Also love the music video to it. Great tune.

Thriller.

It was obviously before my time but I distinctly remember being pretty young one Halloween and the video came on and my parents were telling me about it. It was not only engrossing but witnessing something that is already legendary after the fact is a really cool feeling - it makes you want to know more about that person and try and figure out when, why, and how they became the legend that they are. From there on out, it was impossible not to notice that Michael Jackson's music was played frequently and pretty much everywhere. By now I've come to find that Thriller isn't my favourite song of his but it was a pretty awesome introduction to an artist who had a huge impact on the industry and popular culture.

All though I wasn't born in 87 it has to be the whole BAD album I was pretty young but my mom was a big michael jackson fan so I would listen to the songs on it. But the main song I liked on the album was "libarian girl" its about a mysterious girl who ends up stealing your heart this song is my favorit MJ song of all time.

Thriller.

An easy choice, yes. But Thriller is one absolutely insanely good song.

1) The video, even now, is absolute genius and will probably never be replicated again.

2) The lyrics were very dark and mysterious, almost based around a Halloween type of event, and when I first heard this I was a mega fan-boy of Halloween. An instantly love ensued.

3) At College we got the chance to learn the Thriller dance routine and it simply confirmed my loved for the song. Rehearsing it, I must of listened too it a good 300 times over a one month period and it NEVER got old or boring. That speaks volumes!

4) Thriller NEVER gets skipped on my iPod, never, no matter what mood I'm in.

The song that got me into Michael Jackson was Beat It simply because that was the first song of his that I ever heard. I remember thinking the video to it was kind of weird but the song was cool, and I soon afterwards discovered Weird Al's parody of it, making me like the original even more. It's still one of my favorite songs of his, alongside the original version of Smooth Criminal.

[YOUTUBE]BzpiLXynS-Q[/YOUTUBE]

I've only become a Michael Jackson fan over the past three years, since I started University. My uni would organise a disco night in the student bar every two/three weeks during my first year. I'd never taken any interest in dance or disco themed music before, but the disco nights were so much fun and I became a fan of the music too. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough is one of the songs I enjoyed most and it encouraged me to check out his other stuff. I had obviously heard Billie Jean and others before, but I had never taken any notice of them or given them a chance. Anyway, I ended up becoming a fan of MJ and this is the song that started it off. It also remains my favourite MJ song.

Billie Jean.First ever Michael Jackson song I ever heard.Hell I think it was the first song I ever heard that I can remember.It always is on my iPod and never gets skipped.Its probally one of my favourite songs of all time.Its the main reason I knew I would always listen to MJ.

Beat It is my second favourite MJ song.The riff is amazing and got me hooked on it and is another reason I knew I would always listen to MJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back