The song that got you into...Prince

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[YOUTUBE]p9rZ4fOHReo[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]PjagDfsGFas[/YOUTUBE]​

The first time i ever heard a Prince song was in the movie Romeo & Juliet but it was the Quindon Tarver cover they played during the marriage scene. Back in high school I had a friend who was a big fan of 80s music so after I found out the name of the song I asked him who did the original and he said Prince. I went home and found the original online and I became a fan. I haven't listened to much Prince outside Purple Rain but what I have heard I enjoyed.

First of all, I'm a sucker for songs with orchestra arrangements. So the intro of "Raspberry Beret" hooked me. I got his greatest hits before I really knew who he was. It was an impulse buy off of basically his name power. It took a while for me to find Prince songs I like. His stuff is very hit and miss for me but this song made me at least a quasi-fan.
[YOUTUBE]87k4QLn_q-Y[/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't really say it was a song for me rather than just the movie Purple Rain. My mom used to watch it a lot and so of course, I would eventually start to watch it and that's where I started to pick up on some of his music. Honestly, other than a few solo songs, I think his best work came from him and the Revolution... and apparently a lot of others do too and just don't realize it.

However, I can tell you that "I Would Die for you!" is one of my favorite songs. I also admit that like songs like "Black Sweat" and "Elixer" by Bria Valente featuring The Artist.

I listened "Purple Rain" from the first time, and that got me into Prince...
He is a good singer and very underrated in my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back