The song that got you into...P.O.D.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Fun Factoids: P.O.D. stands for Payable on Death (meaning our sins) and they are a Christian Metal band. All members are born-again Christians and their faith takes a central place in their music.​

[youtube]yEVPoo0kOa4&[/youtube]​

This song was the 2nd single off their album Satellite. It came out Dec of 2001 and with the Columbine Massacre only 2 years old and the shooting at Santana High Scool having occured in March of 2001 (both tragadies helped inspire them to write this song) this song got a lot of airplay on the radio which is where I first heard this song. I didn't know 100% what they were singing about it still brought a tear tyo my eye and now knowing exactly what it's about I'll admit I've cried listening to this song.​

[Yt]tu4B3AKRiTs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/MEDIA]

Alive

I fucking love POD, and I'm an athiest. Their song "Alive" is one of the best Rock/Metal soings to date. This is about not takin for granted. Living each day as if it was was your last. In the song, they're talking about coming to a new realization that there is a something to live for--perhaps God? This song came out months before the September 11th terrorist attacks and gave people a real sense of comfort. It gave people a real positive message during these hard times. Some people say the song is a godly song but I however see the song as an uplifting and trying to find one's own self type of song. A very great song.

P.O.D- Sleeping Awake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_k5DUi_FqE

Im a huge P.O.D. fan. This song was probably what sealed the deal for me when I saw them live at a festival in summer 2003. They opened with this song, and they played it acoustic as their banner came down behind them. It was a real cool 4 minutes. On first listen this may not sound like it could work as an acoustic song, but it really did. I had heard them alot in college as my roommate was a huge fan, but I didnt own any of their stuff before i saw them live. This song was definitely the highlight of their show and perhaps of the entire festival. It was epic. This was also on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack, which was exciting because I was a huge fan of the movies at the time. But this is definitely my favorite P.O.D song and what got me into them.

"Alive" for me. Great track. I remember seeing the video on tv, where the car gets smashed out of the way by a truck (or something like that?!), and Sonny the lead singer having awesome dreadlocks!

I was really into rap metal around that time, and thought POD sounded great. My mate Tom copied me the "Satellite" album, and then after listening to it, and loving most of the songs I went and bought a copy. Really cool front cover too.

I still listen to "Satellite" every now and again, pretty heavy guitaring and great vocals. The title track, "Alive", "Boom", "Youth of The Nation" and the one with Eek-A-Mouse are all quality tunes.

I later picked up an earlier POD album, but it didnt compare to Satellite

Southtown!
[YOUTUBE]Ov4BCgtrhIo[/YOUTUBE]

I've been a P.O.D fan since the beginning. This song, and there first single "Rock the Party" are what got me into this band.

Alive and Youth of a Nation were the first two songs i heard from POD, and the only ones i ever really enjoyed. Both of them i listen to, as they remain on my playlist. I just never got into anything else they did.

Sleeping Awake

Youth of the Nation is that one song that every band has that everyone knows, so I'm not going to pick that one.

Sleeping Awake- The song is from The Matrix soundtrack where the last human city's name was "Zion" which is considered the holy city in biblical telling. It can be taken abstractly ofcourse, as it has come to be used as the city of Utopia in pop culture, and other things like that. I guess my interpretation is that the song is about hoping a dreaming for a perfect world, maybe heaven, not sure. The song has a very mystic sound to it, making it one that is easy to daydream to ironically enough.
Being atheist, I don't care if it's Christian or not. A good song is a good song, and a good band is a good band.

The song BOOM. I loved this song when I was younger. I remember seeing the music video for it where they are playing ping pong and at that time I was literally blown away by it. It was so cool seeing them play table tennis to the song with their crazy ass hair. In retrospect I probably should not have been all that impressed but I still really dig the song to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back