• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Senate Approves Irene Disaster Relief

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
It only took two votes after the GOP filibustered it the first time. 36 Republicans said no, we will not help you people and towns that were hurt because you happen to live on the east coast and in the path of a hurricane which hits that part of the country once about every 50 years. You're on your own.

Is this what we've come to? Seriously?

The problem is the Democrats didn't word this correctly. If they had used the words "massive military mobilization, including reserve forces, into an area ripe for terrorism", those Republicans would have voted for it in a heart beat. After all, they would probably think their campaign contributers would get to see some more money.

Fuckin' GOP disgusts me. Nothing new to see here.

As someone who was actually affected by this hurricane and had to live on an island totally without power for two days because of this hurricane, this news story saddens me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back