The Push He 'Deserves'

ckoneagain

Pre-Show Stalwart
'The Push He Deserves' it's a phrase used on almost every thread on this site at some point to say who should be at the top. But lets look at it for a minute, this isn't the olympics, the best technician doesn't rise to the top, it's partly luck and it's partly story and the other part is hard work and a wrestler has to have at least two of the three to be a success, occasionally a guy might get all three of these things and be something major, but 'deserving' it?

I understand a good work ethic and that when someone has worked hard and been loyal for a long time with the company that they are very deserving of their accolades, but that's not the same thing, that means that whatever they get they have earnt. To say that someone SHOULD have something that they haven't because they've worked hard is silly, especially in this particular business.

Look at it from another angle, wrestlers are for a good part of their job actors. Adam Sandler is an actor, who has worked hard at his craft for decades, but does that mean he 'deserves' to be in the next Batman film? no of course not, it'd be ridiculous because he doesn't suit the character that the story dictates and with a lot of the guys in WWE and TNA and wherever else, this is the case too.

The current argument i see everywhere is that John Morrison 'deserves' a bigger push, but you know what? What kind of a push could he receive? I know there will be a stream of guys who 'know the perfect story' for him, but really his character is pretty 2-dimensional, the guy can jump around like a monkey but he can't string together two legitimately engaging sentences, so for a writer to write an angle just for him would likely involve much of the same ol' same ol' which isn't what anyone wants.

My point is this, maybe we should all stop trying to decide who should and shouldn't be pushed and just let them get on with their stories? Because whining about it does nothing. Sure support your favourites, but please stop acting like you know better than people who have been doing this job for decades. You seriously telling me you think John Morrison could be a serious threat to either World Champion at the moment? nah, same as when Jeff Hardy got his first world title shot against Undertaker, they had to make it a ladder match to even give him a chance, but no-one truly believed he would do it.

That Is All

'The Push He Deserves' it's a phrase used on almost every thread on this site at some point to say who should be at the top. But lets look at it for a minute, this isn't the olympics, the best technician doesn't rise to the top, it's partly luck and it's partly story and the other part is hard work and a wrestler has to have at least two of the three to be a success, occasionally a guy might get all three of these things and be something major, but 'deserving' it?

I understand a good work ethic and that when someone has worked hard and been loyal for a long time with the company that they are very deserving of their accolades, but that's not the same thing, that means that whatever they get they have earnt. To say that someone SHOULD have something that they haven't because they've worked hard is silly, especially in this particular business.

Look at it from another angle, wrestlers are for a good part of their job actors. Adam Sandler is an actor, who has worked hard at his craft for decades, but does that mean he 'deserves' to be in the next Batman film? no of course not, it'd be ridiculous because he doesn't suit the character that the story dictates and with a lot of the guys in WWE and TNA and wherever else, this is the case too.

The current argument i see everywhere is that John Morrison 'deserves' a bigger push, but you know what? What kind of a push could he receive? I know there will be a stream of guys who 'know the perfect story' for him, but really his character is pretty 2-dimensional, the guy can jump around like a monkey but he can't string together two legitimately engaging sentences, so for a writer to write an angle just for him would likely involve much of the same ol' same ol' which isn't what anyone wants.

My point is this, maybe we should all stop trying to decide who should and shouldn't be pushed and just let them get on with their stories? Because whining about it does nothing. Sure support your favourites, but please stop acting like you know better than people who have been doing this job for decades. You seriously telling me you think John Morrison could be a serious threat to either World Champion at the moment? nah, same as when Jeff Hardy got his first world title shot against Undertaker, they had to make it a ladder match to even give him a chance, but no-one truly believed he would do it.

That Is All

OK first off this is a discussion forum, which means you can discuss what you want including who you think deserves to get push. So I don't think you're message to halt these threads will do nothing.

John Morrison is great in the ring, the creative can easily make up a story that fits his character unlike in the film industry where the script is written before actors are chosen, where in wrestling the stories are made to fit the characters. Saying that he can't put 2 engaging sentences together is idiotic because you should take a look at what he did last Monday in Raw. His criticism of john laurinitis (don't know how to spell his name) engaged the crowd to cheer for him.

Whining about something does nothing, but guess what almost everything done on internet wrestling forums or videos does nothing to affect the opinions or plans of WWE executives. So this thread isn't relevant.:shrug:

Sorry...did you just say "Adam Sandler is an actor, who has worked hard at his craft for decades"?

I guess so if working hard at your craft means the same thing as playing the exact same character every damn movie.

Anyway....

Im the biggest critic of JoMo there is but id say the guy should be given a push. I dont think it would work if he was to continue with his current schtick but still...every wrestler deserves a chance to proove what they can do.

Oh and i find it very funny that you log onto a wrestling forum and decide to post a thread basically telling people to stop discussing certain topics. Thats like Hitler getting pissed of at Saddam Hussain for killing a whole bunch of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back