Who Is Getting The Most Deserved Push?

Ferbian

Has Returned.
WWE has been doing great at pushing new talent as of late, we're seeing Sheamus as champion once again, Evan Bourne is being made to look good through Chris Jericho, Jack Swagger got a world title reign.

All of these people are getting places, and they're getting there because they deserved to be pushed, some may disagree that some of the people being pushed does not deserve it.

But as long as you put your body on the line to entertain the wrestlers, you are doing something, a push is a way of being repaid for your duties.

Some pushes are bigger than others, some are too small to judge as a proper push, some are simply stuck getting nowhere because they're lacking a push, or lacking the potential to get over from their push.

My question to you people are the following:

Who is getting the most deserved push? Why do you think this push is the most deserving one?

**Moderator note: This is not going to become a thread talking about someone who deserves to get a push, this is about which of the wrestlers currently getting a push that has done the most to deserve this push**

Sheamus deserves his push the most, he's just incredible. Most people seemed to think after his hotshot world title reign that he'd flounder, but more than anything he seems to have stepped up his game because of this and proved that he deserves that push. I never really watched WWE programming properly for a good 8 years, although I'd catch bits and pieces on Youtube and read the results of the big PPVs every so often, nothing really drew me in at all. But Sheamus though, when I heard all the fuss about him beating Cena for the title I was really intrigued because I had no idea who he was. Sheamus alone was enough to draw me back into the world of the WWE, so in my opinion having that ability alone is enough to warrant a push. However, I think Sheamus can also back it up in the ring and although his mic skills, in my opinion, aren't spectacular, he still comes across as a very credible monster heel. It has been said that his friendship with HHH has allowed him to go places in the WWE, but his own talent has managed to back that up as being worthwhile. I'd say without a shadow of a doubt Sheamus is the most deserving of a push and I hope he keeps the title longer this time around.

Sheamus deserves his push and should be a long term champion - like cena was in 2005 and 2006 - until someone new who deserves a push can take it off him. One of the NXT rookies should become championship material (except the black guys) despite Bryan Danielson release, or maybe a Drew MacIntyre face turn. Guys like Kofi and MVP are simply not good enough for the title hence smaller pushes for namesake titles. It will take Ted a few years more before he can even see a championship, or maybe he should take his business degree and find a job that suits him better.

There's not been a long term champion like JBL in 2004 Cena and Batista in 2005, and John Cena in 2006/07. Sheamus should hold that title for at least 8-9 months then someone should challenge him for it and take it at WM27. He's got very good heel power and Cena should for once just look like he can't genuinely take it off him.

I agree with most people here. Sheamus deserves the push he's getting right now the most. He's been through FCW and ECW and dominated them both. He came into the WWE and absolutely anhillated anybody that moved. Hell he even puts guest host's through tables. And he's now a 2 time WWE Champion in only his second year.

The last time I checked, not many people can say they've done that. I'd like now, to see Sheamus with the title for at least 5 months, pushing towards the year mark. It'd be nice to see somebody not be able to take the title off of him. Such as Superman Cena. Sheamus' first title reign wasn't the best of reign's so it'd be all the better if his second surpassed his first in both length and dominance.

He has great ability as a heel and we've yet to see him as a face. This past RAW he tricked people by giving up the title and laughing about it just showing how much he likes being Champion and how much Champion Material he has. He really really reminds me of Triple H, just like many have said before me.

Keep Sheamus as Champion. He deserves it.

I agree with everyone here. Sheamus is getting the most deserved push.

When he first came to ECW, he worked feuds with Shelton Benjamin and Goldust. In some of the matches with them, he showed why he can be so dominant. He would beat the hell out of these guys. When you beat a very experienced veteran like Goldust, and a pure athlete like Shelton Benjamin, you will be recognized. Although he never won the ECW championship, his talent did not go unnoticed. The WWE moved him to RAW.

The night Jesse Ventura was the guest host, and announced the "Breakthrough Battle Royal," I was fully expecting Kofi Kingston or The Miz to win it. However, just when we thought it was all said and done, Sheamus won. Although It was not a popular decision with me at first, I realized that the WWE is finally going to push some young talent.

At TLC when Sheamus beat Cena for the WWE Championship, I was happy. No longer was the title on a man who has been in the main event for years. It was time for new, young blood to hold it. Even after he lost the title at No Way Out, he was still a dominant force. He went after one of the most respected, and one of the biggest superstars in the WWE, Triple H. These two engaged in a feud that took a hiatus at Extreme Rules when Sheamus took Triple H out with a lead pipe before their match. Once again, showing his dominance.

Now, he is once again the WWE Champion. In my opinion, he deserves it. He has worked so hard since being on ECW. You know that he wants to be in the WWE. You know that he wants to be a star, a top tier guy. Not only does his ability make him the most deserving for his push, he also has the heart.

Sheamus is getting the most deserving push.

I think all the young wrestlers currently enjoying pushes in the WWE deserve it but I do think that Sheamus probably deserves it a bit more.

When Sheamus first entered the WWE Championship scene, this forum was literally buzzing with mostly unadulterated hatred for the guy. One constant complaint you regularly heard regarding the WWE in 2009 is that fans wanted to see someone new pushed. Someone completely unexpected got the push and the WWE still got grief. The most idiotic complaint I read, and one I saw quite a bit, was because of the guy's extremely white skin. Sure, don't even bother to give the guy a chance, just start hating him immediately for no real reasons. Another idiotic complaint I read a lot was Sheamus not having done anything to deserve being in the spot. The guy was on ECW for almost a year and the fact that most of the haters never bothered to tune in to watch and get an idea of what the guy can do was their problem. Probably the single lamest excuse was the whole "he's Triple H's workout partner" bit. Honestly, as much as people want to dislike Vince McMahon, do you honestly believe he'd give such an important spot to someone if he honestly didn't think that Sheamus had something worthwhile? Vince didn't get to be as wealthy as he has by playing the nepotism card.

Sheamus is someone that has definitely proven the doubters and haters wrong. I had faith in him and a lot of others did too. Even more surprising is that there have been a lot of fans converted to enjoying Sheamus' work. I love what the WWE has been doing with the guy overall.

I agree with everyone Sheamus hands down. I've always been a fan though and ever since his RAW debut I said to myself "damn, he should win a title". Well, he did, and he does a damn good job with it, I hope he can keep it for a really long while, preferribly until Wrestlemania (god knows that won't happen though).

On the other hand, Bourne is getting quite the decent push. Not as BIG as Sheamus' push, but Bourne shouldn't get the World titles as he is much to small, he is the reason a Cruiserweight title should come back, so he can win it credibly. But if not he could grab onto the US title, that would do him good and I think something like that will happen near future.

Great thread Ferbian

Anyway with everyone supporting Sheamus with his main event push, also with myself agreeing with everyone on it I don't need to explain why as Stinger basically said everything I would say in his post. So instead I will explain my support for Evan Bourne's midcard push.

Evan Bourne may not ever be perceived as a wrestler who will ever make it to the main event, but he could end up being a very successful upper-midcard wrestler. I believe this feud with Jericho is to give Bourne back some of the momentum he lost over the past year or so and it's been working great. I think once Bourne is at the level with the crowd that he should be his feud with Jericho will end and he will go on to be the next United States Champion.

I truly think Bourne has been long over due for holding a title in the WWE, but it seems to me that we will eventually see Bourne as probably the one who is going to take the US strap off of The Miz to complete his midcard push. If he continues to stay very, immensely over who knows he may receive a world title shot here or there but i'm still sure he will never hold a world title in the WWE. But that doesn't mean he can't hold a midcard title and I believe that Evan Bourne is our next United States Champion.

The man is a solid worker,is still young, puts on good matches, and has shown us that he is the king of selling moves. He has tons of talent. And finally the WWE has decided to use him to good purpose on RAW.

Everyone's been loving on Sheamus, and I agree. So I'm going to go a different route and say The Miz. Miz has been given championship after championship and is poised to become a main eventer. And why not? The man has shown he has wonderful work ethic and love for the business, and has improved himself to become good in the ring and one of the best mic workers in the company, hands down.

This is a promo from early in his career:

[YOUTUBE]f7iP1vjeKIQ[/YOUTUBE]

This is one from earlier this year, which could be one of the best promos I've ever seen.

[YOUTUBE]K_ggC34eV2w[/YOUTUBE]

The Miz has pushed himself to become better than the best, and now he's getting rewarded for it. Good on him. If more superstars had the desire to improve as he did, the shows would be better for it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the most deserved push is being given to the most awesome or awful superstar, depending who you ask. I am of course, talking about The Miz.

The Miz has been a trooper feuding at the midcard level for over a year now, even though he is quite possibly the most over heel on the RAW roster. The only thing keeping him from the main event right now is his size, as he is considerably smaller than Orton, Edge, Sheamus, and Cena. It seems that he's finally getting to feud with Randy Orton, and I'm sure Orton will wind up on top, but it's a good opportunity for The Miz to show that he can compete on a main event level.

Of course, Sheamus's push is also extremely well deserved, but for variety's sake, I'm going to say it's The Miz.

I will go with the grain and say Sheamus. Whilst it's refreshing to see The Miz, Swagger and even Bourne get a push (I hate Bourne myself) , Sheamus' push is just that more impressive because it's resulted in his 2nd WWE title run.

IMO a 2nd title run is more important than the 1st; it shows that the guy being given the strap can be trusted with it and can do the champion's job. It also goes further to cement Sheamus in the main event and not left in the 1 hit wonder scrap pile, with the likes of Kane, Khali, Swagger and until recently Mysterio.

Also, Sheamus' push, compared to the likes of Bourne, Swagger and the Miz seem to be more worthwhile and have more longevity. I can't really see Bourne, Swagger or Miz holding a world title in the next 6 months.

The Miz deserves it the most imo, from the begining I was a fan of this guy, he cut pretty good promo's, but the thing that was holding him back was his in-ring abilities. Well over the years especially from teaming with Morrison his abilities have gotten 10x better and he can always seem to cut amazing promo's.

I agree that Sheamus deserved his push the most but since he's already been said alot which surprised me I'll say someone who hasnt been mentioned yet.

Zack Ryder yeah his push isn't huge but it's definately better than he was doing before. He's being featured on Raw every week winning some decent matches is a pro on NXT and he was in a pretty good united states championship match.

I think he deserved it since he's good on the mic and decent in the ring and keeps improving too. He was stuck doin crappy gimmicks with the guest hosts for a while to so I'm glad to see him getting some good matches and a chance to show he can be more than a jobber.

You can make the argument for the Miz and Sheamus!

Also I'd like to add in Kane... His character was stale for almost 3-4 years (debatable by some) but his promos of late have the audience interested. It's rumored its a swerve for a big Kane heel push and I don't know if I'd rather like the Heel push, or the dominant face push... I think personally I'd like them to push a new person with the undertaker simply because Kane doesn't need that rub (even if he was arguably stale)

You know for me there are two wrestlers right now getting a push..one has got a major push and a title. and another has just started getting a little push and alot of people probably havent even noticed him

First one of course im going with sheamus..ive been a sheamus fan since he came on Raw and this guy has proved time and time again why hes here to stay the man has beaten Cena not once but twice for a title and not only that hes beaten Orton and Edge in the same night and hes just one the brightest (no pun intended) stars on the roster and i see nothing but good things..and i can almost bet he will main event Summerslam hopefully hell put on a clinic

the second wrestler i wanna mention thats gotten a push but people probably have overlooked is....wait for it.......Zac Ryder....

thats right you saw it i said Zac "Long Island Iced Z" Ryder this guy has gotten a pretty good push recently and i see is proably in line for a US title run cause this guy in the past month has shown me besides the ******ed ring attire and gay music this guy is like everything you want in a wrestler..he can fly somewhat and he ground and pound.and he sells really well..i see him as a def power player in the coming months and years...it wont come overnight but i see him as US champ and probably at this years Wrestlemania not main eventing but probably mid carding but still he will be a def top contender...Woo Woo Woo..You know it!!

Hey dionlyone18 I didnt overlook Zac look two posts up from yours i said Zac is getting a well deserved push and i love it it's nice to see someone else is giving him some credit too.

Another guy I havent seen mentioned yet is Ziggler I think he has payed his dues and has earned his recent push that looks like will end with him winning the intercontinental belt.

Have to say, although he only started months prior to winning his first world title...Sheamus...he stormed in very quickly..we were all sayin, Shea-who??

But a he has developed, its like when you look at him, you think he's been wrestling for 5 years...if there was anyone who could have got thats ame push..I can't think of a name other than Sheamus...

Other mention..
I have to mention Evan Boune..he has been a guy sitting in the corner waiting for an opportunity...and he is finally getting something...and he deserves it as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back