The *Official* John Cena Thread

What are your feelings on John Cena?

• CZENA SUX!!!

• I dislike Cena on my TV.

• I don't like or dislike him.

• I like John Cena.

• I am a Cena fanatic.

• I don't like Cena, but think he's a good wrestler.

• I like Cena, but don't think he's a good wrestler.

• I dislike the John Cena character, but respect John Cena the man.

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^^Who in the blue hell is this guy? Hulkamaniac, really?

You really think that Austin's career was centered around the big comeback? I seem to remember Austin coming out and whipping just about eveyone's ass that was in sight! I really can't recall him ever getting beat for the majority of a match. Hell, he didn't even get dominated by 'Taker back in that day like everyone else was doing. I'm sorry, only works for Hogan/Cena.

You remember Austin coming in for his run-ins, where he would sneak attack people and kick everyone's asses. In his actual matches, not so much. Usually he'd get his ass kicked until he pulled out the Lou Thesz Press and started punching. Than, a little bit of offense, then he starts getting his ass kicked again, and than BANG! Stunner out of nowhere. Crack a beer, rinse and repeat.

Can you show me an example of any his matches that went like this? Please, I am dying to see one because I checked my vast collection of wrestling DVD's which includes The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austion, The Stone Cold Truth, Raw 15th Anniversy, and even the old WWF Home video collection and I can't remember a single match where Austin was dominated and then just suddenly won. Not against The Rock, HHH, Angle, Hart, Dude Love, McMahon, Mankind, Ken Shamrock, hell, not even 'Taker dominated him! Show me some examples, please!

Don't come up with false statements to support your Cena arguements. Hulk Hogan and John Cena are the only two that we can say without a shadow of a doubt that use this method in 90% of their matches.

LOL at 90% of their matches. Now you're just talking out of your ass. If you're not going to be reasonable how can a discussion be had. Hogan spent the vast majority of his matches being back and forth, than eventually getting his ass kicked and than getting hit with his opponents finisher. It's a rare Hogan face match where he gets destroyed and pulls a win out at the last second.

LOL at 90% of their matches. Now you're just talking out of your ass. If you're not going to be reasonable how can a discussion be had. Hogan spent the vast majority of his matches being back and forth, than eventually getting his ass kicked and than getting hit with his opponents finisher. It's a rare Hogan face match where he gets destroyed and pulls a win out at the last second.

I'm the one not being resonable? I am done talking with you. This will be the last time that I respond to you because you are just simply, WRONG!

Hell yes Hogan was dominated in the majority of his matches while he was a face facing a heel! WM 3 ring any bells? You are going to tell me that this match was back and forth? I seem to remember Hogan being destroyed the entire time and then slamming Andre and hitting the ridiculous leg drop! You are simply wrong! First you tell me that Austin did it and that Hogan didn't! You really need to go back and review some of the matches and then get back with me. You obvisously have no idea as to what you are even discussing.

I own the HUlk Hogan Ultimate Anthology. I have seen pretty much every Hulk Hogan match since 1985, and many of the ones before that. You, sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by Undertaker's#1fan
Wow! The Cena thread has been dry for awhile so let me contribute to it.

His match with Randy Orton last night was complete and utter cannon fodder! It was your typical Cena match, which was expected. He got his ass whipped for about 95% of the entire match and then won off of one move! That was bullshit. That was the first time the ref asked Orton if he wanted to quit to. It was a horrible match, especially when compared to I Quit matches of the past. I don't see what everyone sees in Cena. If he is as good as you all think that he is, then why has his last few PPV matches been so horrible?

Yep couldn't agree more, it was another typical shit Cena match...suprise suprise. I knew they would give Cena the title going into the event. It was obvious Vince wasn't going to let his boy lose and say the words I Quit. I thought Cena's promos going into the event were lame and the same old good crap that we've become accustomed to for a long time now. This was probably the worst I Quit there's ever been, the ending was awful especially.

Yep couldn't agree more, it was another typical shit Cena match...suprise suprise. I knew they would give Cena the title going into the event. It was obvious Vince wasn't going to let his boy lose and say the words I Quit. I thought Cena's promos going into the event were lame and the same old good crap that we've become accustomed to for a long time now. This was probably the worst I Quit there's ever been, the ending was awful especially.

I would say the shit match had to do more with Orton than Cena. Orton hasn't had a great match in almost four years and that was obvious. If Cena wasn't going to quit against JBL, why did you think he was going to quit against Orton? Cena is a better champion than Orton and has proven that over the years. Orton will get his rematch at Hell in a Cell and he will probably lose. Cena hasn't won the title in five months and we're already complaining.

I would say the shit match had to do more with Orton than Cena. Orton hasn't had a great match in almost four years and that was obvious. If Cena wasn't going to quit against JBL, why did you think he was going to quit against Orton? Cena is a better champion than Orton and has proven that over the years. Orton will get his rematch at Hell in a Cell and he will probably lose. Cena hasn't won the title in five months and we're already complaining.

I'm not complaining about Cena winning because like I said before I knew Vince wouldn't let his boy say I quit and woud want to teach the kids to never quit...yadda yadda. It was the manner in which it happened that was the most annoying. I don't think it was Orton's fault the match was bad and I don't understand why you think Cena makes a better champ than Orton. Orton has always been alot more entertaining in the ring to me than Cena but then again so have alot of others.

I'm not complaining about Cena winning because like I said before I knew Vince wouldn't let his boy say I quit and woud want to teach the kids to never quit...yadda yadda. It was the manner in which it happened that was the most annoying. I don't think it was Orton's fault the match was bad and I don't understand why you think Cena makes a better champ than Orton. Orton has always been alot more entertaining in the ring to me than Cena but then again so have alot of others.

Cena has had plenty of great matches as champion with HBK, Lashley, Edge, Umaga, Orton, etc.

Where are Orton's great matches as champion? I will be waiting.

It wasn't about Cena winning or losing because I, like alot of seasoned fans, knew that Cena would win. It is about how horrible the actual match was. Don't get me wrong, there were some great spots, like, sigapore cain beat down, however, the overall match was just horrible.

LJL, you can't put the blame on Orton. They have had good matches in the past like at SS '07 and Orton carried most of the offense in all of their encounters. So putting the blame on Orton is just another way for you and every other Cena supporter to get Cena out of the fire. You have argued several times that Cena is a good in ring performer, yadda yadda. Where was his great in ring skills this time? If he could have, what I think was his best match with JBL in an I Quit, why couldn't he with Orton, who is a better in ring performer, IMO, than JBL? The match was just horrible, it definately wasn't the highlight of the night and when compared to past I Quit matches such as Rock/Foley, Foley/Flair, JBL/Cena, and so on, this match would amount to ten pounds of monkey crap in a five pound bag!

It wasn't about Cena winning or losing because I, like alot of seasoned fans, knew that Cena would win. It is about how horrible the actual match was. Don't get me wrong, there were some great spots, like, sigapore cain beat down, however, the overall match was just horrible.

LJL, you can't put the blame on Orton. They have had good matches in the past like at SS '07 and Orton carried most of the offense in all of their encounters. So putting the blame on Orton is just another way for you and every other Cena supporter to get Cena out of the fire. You have argued several times that Cena is a good in ring performer, yadda yadda. Where was his great in ring skills this time? If he could have, what I think was his best match with JBL in an I Quit, why couldn't he with Orton, who is a better in ring performer, IMO, than JBL? The match was just horrible, it definately wasn't the highlight of the night and when compared to past I Quit matches such as Rock/Foley, Foley/Flair, JBL/Cena, and so on, this match would amount to ten pounds of monkey crap in a five pound bag!

I wonder why Orton carried most of the offense. Maybe it was because Orton was a heel and it's a heel's job to make the face look good. Must be a new concept out there. Orton hasn't had a great PPV match this year really so he wasn't doing himself any favors. Orton did what he was supposed to do and that was it. Cena can't have a great match every night just as HBK, Hogan, or Austin couldn't. I believe JBL is a better in-ring performer than Orton but that's neither here or there.

Can't you come up with something new besides, "It's a heel's job to make the face look good!" Again, you have used this arguement before and I have shot it to shit! Hogan or Cena is the only two that use this method of wrestling and I have no doubt in my mind it is because of their lack of skill as opposed to what their, "job," is. I have given you examples in the past and have asked you to come up with examples to dissprove me and you either can't do it or just ignore me. I haven't figured it out yet. C.M. Punk damn sure doesn't use this method of wrestling and I could spout out the list again, but what's the point? You obviously never pay attention to it, so why should we continue to debate that point?

Again with this... my gosh....

Can't you come up with something new besides, "It's a heel's job to make the face look good!" Again, you have used this arguement before and I have shot it to shit!

Wow, that is the biggest load of crap I think that I hav ever seen you write. Dude, you didn't shoot it to shit. Why? Because I gave you a list, and more than once I gave you that list. Going down face, after face, after face. Saying that it is a proven method. You on the other hand decided to reject that. When many gave me credit for what I said. I can show you the rep that I received for that.

Hogan or Cena is the only two that use this method of wrestling and I have no doubt in my mind it is because of their lack of skill as opposed to what their, "job," is. I have given you examples in the past and have asked you to come up with examples to dissprove me and you either can't do it or just ignore me.

Wow, you've really lost it on this one. I have, go back and look, like I just said I've given you list. You have chosen to reject them. Here's some more examples... Ok? You read for this? Are you ready? Get ready?
Triple h, Shawn Michael, and yes the almighty Undertaker! They all use it. Don't believe me? Go and watch Taker's matches with the Big Show.

I haven't figured it out yet. C.M. Punk damn sure doesn't use this method of wrestling and I could spout out the list again, but what's the point? You obviously never pay attention to it, so why should we continue to debate that point?

What list? I remember giving you a list, you give me a list and I'll take a look. Look at when Punk was a face.... Even now he is slightly in that method, I'll be it wasn't last night, but we've seen it before.

The match was meh, I'll say that that. I was impressed, but I wasn't disapointed. I just find it funny that you blame Cena right away. Tell me what great PPV matches Orton has had this year? The Rumble? Cuz it wasn't a no way out, or Mania, or Backlash, or Judgement day, or, Extreme Rules, or the Bash, The booking at SummerSlam sucked. So Tell what has made Randy get this pass? Yet Cena get's bashed?

PARADOX you just love to argue with me don't you? My comments weren't even directed toward you, but oh well.

I'm not going to quote you because there is no need. I want you to show me this list that you have given me with face after face after face that use this method. Please, I am begging you. I want them to be big faces because I guarantee you that if you give me one example of where Austin, The Rock, 'Taker, Angle, Hart, HHH, Foley, or any of them have used this method, I will find 5 to discredit you. I guarantee it!

Not all of the blame goes on Cena. Unfortunately, we don't have an official Orton thread so I can't really say anything about him. However, I asked a simple question. If Cena is this great in ring performer that you all claim that he is, why couldn't he have had a better match? Orton definately isn't a slotch, so don't say because he didn't have someone good in the ring with him. Why couldn't he have had a better match or make that matches, because his last few PPV matches have been shitastic at best! Their best match together was at SS '07 and Orton carried that one offensively. So why couldn't the almighty Cena have had a better match? I bet you HBK could have, and 'Taker's matches with Orton are ten times the matches that Orton has had with Cena. So why couldn't he have had a better match with Orton or better matches with Orton in the last few encounters?

PARADOX you just love to argue with me don't you? My comments weren't even directed toward you, but oh well.

For one, when you make outlandish statements like you did, you're going to draw me out.

I'm not going to quote you because there is no need. I want you to show me this list that you have given me with face after face after face that use this method. Please, I am begging you. I want them to be big faces because I guarantee you that if you give me one example of where Austin, The Rock, 'Taker, Angle, Hart, HHH, Foley, or any of them have used this method, I will find 5 to discredit you. I guarantee it!
About that, I have, you said they weren't good enough, remember. Also, anyone can sit back and nit pick anything if they want to. So your guarantee really means nothing. I did it to you when I nit picked the little things about 'Taker, who I love. Look what you did...

Not all of the blame goes on Cena.
Wait what was that???? Not all the blame goes on Cena, but did you just say this?

They have had good matches in the past like at SS '07 and Orton carried most of the offense in all of their encounters. So putting the blame on Orton is just another way for you and every other Cena supporter to get Cena out of the fire.
Sounds to me that you are. Look I'm not going to say it was the greatest match of all time, it wasn't. Simple as that. One reason it didn't was because there was no blood, or anything of that nature. Those things added to the great I Quit matches. It's pg, they can't go as far as they use to. I'm not defending Cena, I didn't like the match that much, but they are limited now compared to what they use to be.

Unfortunately, we don't have an official Orton thread so I can't really say anything about him. However, I asked a simple question. If Cena is this great in ring performer that you all claim that he is, why couldn't he have had a better match?
Honestly? I don't know why. Will you look at that, I didn't defend him.

Orton definately isn't a slotch, so don't say because he didn't have someone good in the ring with him.
Wow, did you really just say that? Orton is one of the laziest guys in the ring. Like a I said name me one good match that Orton has had this year.

Why couldn't he have had a better match or make that matches, because his last few PPV matches have been shitastic at best!
Who are you talking about here?

Their best match together was at SS '07 and Orton carried that one offensively. So why couldn't the almighty Cena have had a better match?
Haven't we been over this. It doesn't matter who has more offense. That doesn't mean that someone is carrying the match. The one who is calling the spot is. Do you know who that is? No, you don't but you assume it's Orton. While Orton has all the ability in the world. The last time that he used it was With Taker... Hmmm I wonder why?

I bet you HBK could have, and 'Taker's matches with Orton are ten times the matches that Orton has had with Cena. So why couldn't he have had a better match with Orton or better matches with Orton in the last few encounters?
There you go again, trying to put Cena on the level of HBK and 'Taker, I've told you he isn't. I admit that and have admitted that. The fact is no matter what Cena does you aren't going to be happy. That's a fact, he goes a way from the title picture, you've complain. He's back and you complain... It doesn't end with you....

See, you are trying to make this out like I am never satisfied with Cena. I have given you plenty of times that I have been impressed with Cena and I was actually looking forward to this match because Cena's best match, IMO, was I Quit with JBL. So I actually had high hopes for this one and was let down, not softly, but they threw me to the fucking ground.

When have I complained about Cena and the title? I seem to remember praising him on his year long run. What? That isn't good enough for you. Fact is, this isn't about Cena and the title because I could care less if he has it or not. This is about the shitacular matches that Cena has had in the last few months. This about, quite possibly, the worst I Quit match that I believe I have seen.

You want to know something. I hope to fuck that Cena wins at HIAC so this fucking stale ass feud with horrible fucking matches is over with. I will actually be pulling for Cena to win, even though I know Orton is going to kick his ass in that match for virtually the entire thing, but I will still be pulling for him to win so this thing can be over with!

BTW, I mentioned HBK and 'Taker for LJL because he insists that right now, Cena is better in the ring than both of them. So if he wanted to respond to me on that one, I wanted him to read that.

Also, can you direct me to the page in this thread that the, "list," is on? I really can't remember ever reading it!

See, you are trying to make this out like I am never satisfied with Cena. I have given you plenty of times that I have been impressed with Cena and I was actually looking forward to this match because Cena's best match, IMO, was I Quit with JBL. So I actually had high hopes for this one and was let down, not softly, but they threw me to the fucking ground.

Alright, I was a little hot... I know that you've praised him, but really it seems as of late no matter what he does you complain....

When have I complained about Cena and the title? I seem to remember praising him on his year long run. What? That isn't good enough for you.
Oh my gosh, you for one thing with Cena! Wow.... Yet, you turn around a chew me for not liking some of the things 'Taker does?

Fact is, this isn't about Cena and the title because I could care less if he has it or not.
Yeah, didn't you want Orton to win at summerslam? didn't you want him to win last night? ok....

This is about the shitacular matches that Cena has had in the last few months. This about, quite possibly, the worst I Quit match that I believe I have seen.
We've been over this, Cena hasn't put on that bad of matches, for some reason you hate the matches he's put on, many here have liked them... I'm one of them. Sorry no one rested in peace in any of those matches for ya!

Also the worst was Mysterio vs Chavo... I couldn't stand that match....

You want to know something. I hope to fuck that Cena wins at HIAC so this fucking stale ass feud with horrible fucking matches is over with. I will actually be pulling for Cena to win, even though I know Orton is going to kick his ass in that match for virtually the entire thing, but I will still be pulling for him to win so this thing can be over with!
I'm impressed. Though I've said it before this is a stale feud. It's amazing they have three matches, one being a triple threat and it's stale. What the hell did you do when Savage and Hogan feuded? Or Any of those guys? You must have hated wrestling then... Don't come back and say they've been feuding for three years... That's the worst argument you could come up with. With that Logic the next time Undertaker and Kane face each other. I'm going to scream that it's stale and has been done to death move on!!!

BTW, I mentioned HBK and 'Taker for LJL because he insists that right now, Cena is better in the ring than both of them. So if he wanted to respond to me on that one, I wanted him to read that.
Ok?

Alright, I was a little hot... I know that you've praised him, but really it seems as of late no matter what he does you complain....

Because, as of late, he hasn't done anything note worthy or impressive at all!

Oh my gosh, you for one thing with Cena! Wow.... Yet, you turn around a chew me for not liking some of the things 'Taker does?

I have to chew you out for anything that you might not like about 'Taker! Read my damn name!

Yeah, didn't you want Orton to win at summerslam? didn't you want him to win last night? ok....

Yea I wanted Orton to win. Not because of my dislike for Cena, but because I hoped that it would end the feud. Now I want Cena to win with the same hopes.

We've been over this, Cena hasn't put on that bad of matches, for some reason you hate the matches he's put on, many here have liked them... I'm one of them. Sorry no one rested in peace in any of those matches for ya!

Yes, I have hated his work as of late. Every match that he has had since WM hasn't been worth a damn in my opinion. His match with HHH on Raw even sucked. He hasn't done anything good, IMO, lately.

BTW, if someone would have Rested In Peace, it would have been a spectacular match because 'Taker would have been involved and he rarely ever puts out shit matches.

Also the worst was Mysterio vs Chavo... I couldn't stand that match....

It was better than Cena/Orton!

I'm impressed. Though I've said it before this is a stale feud. It's amazing they have three matches, one being a triple threat and it's stale. What the hell did you do when Savage and Hogan feuded? Or Any of those guys? You must have hated wrestling then... Don't come back and say they've been feuding for three years... That's the worst argument you could come up with. With that Logic the next time Undertaker and Kane face each other. I'm going to scream that it's stale and has been done to death move on!!!

I wasn't around when Savage and Hogan feuded, for I was just a twinkle in my mom's eye.

Maybe I look at a feud differently than you do. Would you say that HBK/HHH feuded from 2002 to WM 20? But wait! Didn't they wrestle alot of other people in that time frame? So I guess that everytime that they locked it up, it was the start of a new feud, right? I don't think so. Same goes for Orton/Cena, just because they wrestled some other people since '07 doesn't mean that their feud was dead. Same goes for Edge and Cena! I consider The Rock and Austin feud to have lasted from WM 15 in 1999 all the way through 2001 and then it was revived in 2003 for WM 19. Yes, IMO, Orton/Cena have been feuding for a long damn time!

BTW, nice of you to think that just because you use the Undertaker that I am going to side with you. There were plenty of times, in their initial feud where I was actually like, "If they wrestle one more time, I am going to kill myself!" I will scream also if they begin to feud again. Now, if they do begin to feud again, will we call this a new feud? Something for you to think about.

My opinion on Cena is that i dont like him that much i realised i was one of those czena onlyz nowz da 5 move guys (which i understand was stupid) but after sitting down and watching his matches i defently know he has more than 10 moves he has had some great matches with edge, RVD and some other people but still he bores me and really needs that one change which will hopefully stop the hate/overrating and then you have a better Cena.

Yo undertaker #1 fan

and all the other haters .
go look the match HBK had with Dibiasi on raw .
and u all see that all HBK did \ does is Signature moves . he also was beat down for the 95 % of the match and yet he did the "Come Back" (or how u all like to call it . the 5 moves of doom \ Superman ..w\e. ) and the match was over .
so plz stop paying attention only to cena and look on other wrestlers too .
cuz that what all FACES does .

(sorry for my bad english)

Why are all you guys hating on John Cena for. He works and works his behind off to get where he is at.
He is awesome at what he does and he is even a idol to everybod that is a John Cena fan
You guys should giv him some more respect.

If you guys want to hate on somebody Hate on Randy Orton for all of his boring interviews every single week in and out. Randy Orton is just boring off the chart.

Yea agreed.We hear the same posts,threads,talk yee ha.. noo hah.. crap day in and day out about cena. I think the cena character wouldnt lose fans within wwe if creative or whoever hits the nail on the head up there would change his character. Not so much how he was prior to main event material..but maybe tone down the nice guy gimmick.

Just my thought

hi everyone,
this is my first posting on wrestlezone forums,
i know alot of people who say that hate john cena, and when i ask them why, they come up with the same response, they hate how he screams all the time, does only 5 moves, and wins every match.
Personally I really like John Cena, I don't love him, but i really like him! Why? very simple, he probably is the best wrestler in wwe hands down, or at least top 3, why would i say that, well think of how he builds up matches for example, look at all of a sudden once he got into the WWE Championship title picture, he made the feud much better than it had been with HHH and Orton in the hunt, I just believe Cena takes promoting the matches and brings it to a whole new level, he's exciting, he uses emotion and emphasis in his wording and keeps all the fans on the edge of their seats, and his attitude shows the hard-working patriotic american that never quits, no matter how tough the situation, yeah the guy might have alot of kid fans..but i also find the 16-20 year old population who keeps saying John Cena is for the kids, most have not gone to wwe events, i've gone and seen Adults in their 30's as John Cena fans, Cena fans range from all ages, as do everyone else.
Once people start to understand it doesn't really matter how many moves a wrestler does, its how much of an impact he can make and how much he can build up a moment and make things memorable, you see way more Cena funny or great clips on youtube than supposed to be better "Randy Orton" clips. why, personally he gets people talking..anyways thats all for now, hope there is some agreement on my point, been a whole fun great year of watching wrestling for me :) can't wait to see what my 2nd full year has in store :).

B.t.w for everyone saying Cena has only 5 moves, count harder i've counted at least 12-15, which is how much EVERY WRESTLER uses a match.

This thread has been dead a while...

I watched that contract signing segment on RAW and the shit that was coming out of Cena's mouth.......dear lord... He trys to be funny and his not even the slightist bit funny and then all of sudden trys to be serious and doesn't do a good job at that either. This guy is completely terrible.....I mean what the hell is he actually trying to be??? I can't stand the way he changes the tone of his voice every 5 seconds and actually thinks his being funny when he is clearly not the slightist bit funny. Sad thing is too is that crowd was pathetic and dumb enough to be still cheering the guy neway. That was some of the worst crap I've ever seen on RAW. I would go as far as saying that Mae Young pregnancy shit was probably more better than listening to the garbage coming out of Cena's mouth. What'd you guys think of that contract signing segment?

Yeah, I completely disagree with you YoYo. I've never liked Cena, and never will, but his mic skills and charisma are simply unquestionable. I actually enjoyed his segment with Orton on Raw. I chuckled a few times, and enjoyed watching him speak. This coming from someone who finds 99.9% of his matches to be as boring as humanly possible.

Don't really see how you can question his mic skills though. They're among the best in the WWE, and that really isn't even an arguable point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back