The [OFFICIAL] Cricket Spam Thread

I'm still hoping to see both Australia and England play equally good (or bad) cricket in the same session.

Apparently Barrett has been getting nuclear heat during the Australia tour by mentioning the Ashes :lmao:

LMAO Did he really? Hope I find a YouTube video of that!

Can't believe India collapsed like that... The match totally turned upside down in a matter of hours. Hope India wins the next one.

Saw a news on Cricbuzz earlier about Sanju Samson spitting on Usman Khawaja or some guy... Any idea what the full story is?

LMAO Did he really? Hope I find a YouTube video of that!

Best video I could find:

[YOUTUBE]wF9S6uSOxkk[/YOUTUBE]

Can't believe India collapsed like that... The match totally turned upside down in a matter of hours. Hope India wins the next one.
:banghead: Terrible batting by India. Hopefully all of Kohli's talk of "aggressive" cricket doesn't lead to the batsmen throwing their bat at every ball (to quote Shastri "flash and flash hard") in the next match.

Saw a news on Cricbuzz earlier about Sanju Samson spitting on Usman Khawaja or some guy... Any idea what the full story is?
Haven't read any such story. Hopefully it is not true.

:lmao: Barrett is absolutely hilarious! This is one of the best promos of his that I've seen... Thanks for the link.

Here is the link to the Sanju Samson story: I wouldn't take Khawaja's words as fact though; Aussies tend to be crybabies at times when given a taste of their own medicine. Case in point- Virat Kohli sledging them back. Moreover, aggression should be the keyword here, not spitting.

Is there a fixed pattern to the English team's uniform (like Red for domestic matches and blue for international matches) or do they randomly switch between red and blue?

Also, congratulations to Virat Kohli and his men for recording a test series victory in Sri Lanka after 20 (?) years. Ishant Sharma will miss a test for breaking the code of conduct, while three Sri Lankan players got penalized too (one of them will miss an ODI).

A sequel to Don Bradman Cricket 14 has been confirmed for next year: http://www.planetcricket.org/articles/2015/05/5747-sequel-to-don-bradman-cricket-confirmed-for-2016/
They're also dropping hints on twitter, so I'm guessing using the word "confirmed" here won't be wrong.
Is anyone planning on buying the sequel?
I personally have the first game and haven't even reached halfway through it, but I'll be buying the second one anyway. I just fear that they didn't have enough time to make this game and might release it before it's ready. If that happens, they will regret it.
One final patch for DBC 14 will be released sometime this month, after which they will turn their entire focus on the next game.

I only just picked up 14 a couple of months ago. Could pretty much just update the visuals and rosters and you would be good to go, the current game is that good. Would like them to add the team creator system that nba2k has added for this game but I think that could be wishful thinking

I feel releasing a sequel this early is pretty unnecessary, because the current one is good enough to go another couple of years, at least in the patient eyes of a cricket fan. Guess they need more money and figured that DBC 14 won't be selling much more units anyway. Now they can just follow the same formula and keep the series going.

Yeah, the graphics will definitely need some updating, and so will the commentary... Hoping for some more tweaks like the option to edit a player mid-career, or teams getting updated with time (So long, Phil Hughes). Hope they'll reduce the price a bit this time around, although I wouldn't count on it.

Will the Ashes Cricket guys be making more cricket games, or have they called it a day after the last one? :lmao:

The three venues for Sachin and Warne's T20 tournament have been announced. Surprisingly, all of them are in the USA. (Guess the seniors wanted a less tiresome weather). The first venue is Citi Fields Center in Queens, New York, the second is the Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas, and the third is the Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles, California.
The matches should see a good number of NRIs and other non-resident spectators. The stadiums won't likely be sold out, but that's not the point anyway. Hope the nostalgic tournament goes well, and some American baseball players that have no realistic chance of making it in major league baseball, shift their focus to cricket instead.
Further reading: A history of cricket in the three cities, as well as the tournament's upcoming competition with some American sports- http://www.espncricinfo.com/usa/content/story/926549.html

A rather interesting last session, but doesn't really make up for the 4.5 boring days before it.

I needed this one. Both Western Province and the Springboks got kicked out of their respective tournaments... :(

Well, that was a really interesting ODI series between India and SA. The new rules(and the SA bowlers) made for an interesting contest. Also, there were no "aggressive displays of sportsmanship" by either teams.

In a very heartening piece of news, Afghanistan has become the first Associate nation to beat a test-playing nation (Zim) in a ODI series.

On a negative note, the whole Chris Cairns trial :disappointed:

Full squads for the three T20s to be played between Sachin and Warne's teams starting tomorrow:

Sachin's Blasters: Sachin Tendulkar (c), VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Brian Lara, Mahela Jayawardene, Carl Hooper, Lance Klusener, Shaun Pollock, Moin Khan, Graeme Swann, Glenn McGrath, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Curtly Ambrose

Warne's Warriors: Shane Warne (c), Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting, Michael Vaughan, Jacques Kallis, Kumar Sangakkara, Andrew Symonds, Jonty Rhodes, Saqlain Mushtaq, Wasim Akram, Daniel Vettori, Courtney Walsh, Allan Donald, Ajit Agarkar.

The Chris Cairns trial pisses me off... All his former teammates like McCullum and Vettori that are speaking out against him only now, should also be given some form of punishment along with him for remaining silent for all these years and not doing anything when all the fixing were going on.

I'm watching this match... Should be awesome to see in action the stars I grew up watching and the ones I never had the opportunity to watch. The City Field stadium is only filled to about 25% but the crowd sure is making a lot of noise! I thought they would cover up the brown parts of the field with turf, but seems like they have gone with the idea of a cricket pitch dug out and prepared on an existing baseball field, and it doesn't look bad. The match will start in just a bit, looking forward to the action and the memories! Hope Americans catch up with it too.

The stadium has filled up a good deal since my last post... Some vintage Sehwag shots followed by some disappointing batting takes Sachin's team to 140/9. Not a steep target for Warne's Warriors. I actually liked the match more after Sehwag got out. Hope nobody from Warne's team tries to hit sixes in every ball. Surprisingly, the pitch has turned out to be a good turner, and this should be interesting since Swann is sitting out for Sachin's team. Let's see what happens in the second innings...

2nd T20 about to start in less than half an hour. Blasters have won the toss and elected to bowl first.
Blasters: Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly, Lara, Klusener, Jayawardene, Pollock, Swann, Akhtar, Muralitharan, McGrath.
Warriors: Kallis, Hayden, Ponting, Sangakkara, Symonds, Vaughan, Rhodes, Agarkar, Akram, Donald, Mushtaq.

Lets get this thread up and running again...

Do you think SA will continue their "form" and lose the series to England?
Their batting seems to be woefully out of confidence (a lot of it can be attributed to Amla's drop in form).

Also, thoughts on Asif returning to International cricket and the issues some players have against it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back