Long Live Cricket!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he is. Just a terrible decision. Around the wicket to a left hander, you can't give that...interesting decisiont though to not enforce the follow on, although they are grinding them into the ground. On the 4th day Ponting will probably wait till Langer gets his hundred. And BTW, wasn't Freddie meant to be England's star and the best player in the world? His whole team failed and he got a duck, Gilchrist scored a record hundred against a strong QLD attack at the WACA and the rest of the team scored brilliantly in this game so I don't think his failure is all that important.

What a century by Langer. Under pressure and the oldest batsman in the test series, he scores a hundred to shove up all his critics candy asses. With 1 and 3/4 days play left, the Aussies should win easy.

Well a comprehensive win for the Aussies... it was all over after the dismal display that Englands batsmen put on in that first innings.... disgraceful effort.

But it was good to see KP and Collingwood show some fight... at least leaves some hope that they wont be this bad for the rest of the series.

Now onto to Adelaide.. bit surprised that the Aussies arent going to go with 2 spinners... but I guess with Watson still injured it made it hard to pick 2 spinners... the Aussies will most likely go in unchanged...

As for the English... well Monty has to be in the team.. whether its for Giles or perhaps Anderson he just has to be there... KP needs to bat at four with Collingwood at 5 or maybe 6... and unless thewre playing 2 spinners i could see Joyce coming in for Giles or Anderson to strengthen the batting.. i mean Bell can bowl and so can Collingwood so they will have plenty of options still..

Hope they put in a better effort in Adelaide... hopefully Harmison doesnt put in such a worthless display again..

Should be interetsting to see how the bounce back

The Adelaide ground is one that Australia perform well at. Langer scored a double last time around and who's to say he won't give England a dose of that? It will be good to see if Panesar will be a hero or a zero for England. I've never seen him bowl and would be interested to see him. As much as I hate to say it, I hope England win this match...(that was powerfully un-Aussie) wait, I hope that they perform well in the match...ok, I want England to be SMASHED AGAIN!!! haha!

Well Well Well, England are back in the series with a commanding performance so far in the second test. A double hundred from Collingwood and a dominating 150 from K-Piet. Warne looks shaky, McGrath looks tired, and Langer and Hayden failed as well. Ponting and Hussey are trying to build a good partnership to counter Englands 6-550. It looks assured for a draw but stranger things have happened. At least the series is ALIVE!!! But still go Aussie.

..............................Let's just forget about what I said up there. How the hell could England lose from there?????? That is either the best Australian performance ever or the worst English performance ever (and that is saying something). Hayden fails again. Could he be the next Aussie to be dropped? (although their goal was to just smash in the match anyway) Again.....unfreakenbelievable.....What a win and didn't they show it.

That was on of the most amazing test wins of all time.

To take 9 wickets and slow down the English run rate to a crawl on that pitch was just amazing... but then again are you ever suprised at what Warne can do??Great support from Clark ( i wasnt sure about this guy but he has won me over with some great performances) Lee and a litte brief role from McGrath.

The batting was again led superbly by Ponting... wow is this guy seeing the ball well.. Hussey with Clarke playing an important role at the end. Little bit of a worry about Haydens form though.... even though he thru his wicket away ... funny how even after a 100* and 80 odd in the first test a double failure has people talking about Langer's spot in the team..... Martyn is under tremdous pressure now again i think... what was he doing in the second innings... his only saving grace will be if Watson is not fit for Perth.

Long long long road back for the Enlish... lots of soul; searching to be done in the next week... I hope they can bounce back and play some good cricket which they did for the majority of the Adelaide test

Perth is a ground that England do perform well on (well for them anyway) and could turn this series around if they play for 5 days instead of three. They need to win at least 2 of the next three games but I don't think they will as the emotional stress they must have gone through will drain them. Hopefully though, that would have fired them up but in saying that, I will say it will be a 4 - 1 series.

Next Test: Starts next Thursday in Perth.

NOW I'M OFF TO BRISBANE!!!!!!!!!! YAY

damien martyn has retired from all types of cricket just before his homeground test which is perth he will be missed by the aussies

Its a bit sad to see Martyn go... was always one of my fav players.... but in the end father time was catching up with him and I htink its better for the team that he steps aside know to let someone new into the team while other experienced players are around to help them.... just hope that Voges gets ppicked ahead of Symonds.... though i was very suprised it wasnt Marcus North ahead of Voges...

Martyn will and wont be missed... he hasnt been making any runs lately and was most probably going to play his last test in Perth anyway, if he didnt make a real big score, cos if Watson had been fit I dare say Martyn would of been the one to go.

Great career for Damien though...... the worst part is the 2 times when he was dropped... being the fall guy for a bad team performance... in the last Ashes series... and before that being dropped after a Test against South Africa.
Will miss watching Marto bat... was always great to see him in full flight....

Perth is a ground that England do perform well on (well for them anyway) and could turn this series around if they play for 5 days instead of three. They need to win at least 2 of the next three games but I don't think they will as the emotional stress they must have gone through will drain them. Hopefully though, that would have fired them up but in saying that, I will say it will be a 4 - 1 series.

Next Test: Starts next Thursday in Perth.

NOW I'M OFF TO BRISBANE!!!!!!!!!! YAY

I agree with you with England playing well at Perth but emotional stress is a bit reaching isn't it lol? anyway i don't think it will be a 4-1 series i think it'll bt a 3-2 series to believe it or not england! because i think they will come back now in the next test to level it and they will level peg with the other twwo but the clincher will be the last test and England as much as i hate to say it will in my opinion prevail

England winning 3-2?? .. yeah riiiigggghht.. ok it could happen and i will be made to look like a dick if it does, cos i dont think there is a chance in hell that the Australian team will lose 3 tests in a row........ can anyone tell em the last time this happened??

To me the only way for England to retain the Ashes is to level the series 2-2 i think this is also fairl remote but is a lot lot more likely than a 3-2 English win.

Personally i cant see England retaining the Ashes.... to me they had to get off to a good start after the first 2 matches and been drawn or at worst 1 down going to Perth... being 2 down against this Australian side is near fatal and i dont think they can come back.... after losing in Adelaide their confidence will be shot.. so i think the Aussie will roll to a series win... to me i reckon 3-1 in the Aussies favour

But anything can still happen... and with guys like Flinotff, Pietersen, Strauss, Harmison (please return to form) the Egnglish have the weapons if they fire.

I really really really hope Monty plays in Perth... if he doesnt... someone take Fletcher out the back and shoot him in the head!!

Well there it is... another convincing win for the Australians and the Ashes are back in safe hands!!

Some great perfomances from both teams in the third test... with the bat the Aussie were lead brillantly by Hussey and Micheal Clarke... but Adam Gilchrists hndred... wow .. only saw a few overs of it on the tv... but yeah he was seeing them alright..... Hayden and Ponting batted very well in the second innings.... for the Enlgish... Peterson... well this guy is an amazing player and just gets better and better in my opinon... played a different innings than normal both today and in the first innings was more patient... Cooks hundred.. whilst a bit boring to me was a great knock... as was Bells'... didnt see Freddie bat today but sounded like he was seeing it ok....

As for the bowling...w ell first i got to say what a great effort by Panesar... a lot of people (me included) ave been saying he should of played from the first test and he proved just why with some great bowling... and it was also good to see Harmison bowl well.. had a tough trot.. for the Aussies.. Calrk to me bowled amazingly but without luck... Warne bowled great yesterday and today and McGrath helped with the double break thru last night.

So while I want Australia to regain the Ashes i was hoping that it would be closer than this.. be interesting to see what happens for the rest of the series... i hope Mitchell Johnson and Adam Voges both get a game i one of the 2 remaining tests.. not sure if they will... for the English..wll i think Jones is gone.. Read has to replace him... and tell me why Mahmood played? for the amoutn he bowled they should of just played an extra batsmen.

THing to look forward to... Warney's 700th test victim....

Well an era is about tro come to an end with Shane Warne announcing that he will retire following the syndney test match. So he will finish up were he started..... hope he doesnt have similar figures!!

We have been blessed to see one of the masters and all time greats in our life time... Shane will become the first bowler to surpass 700 wickets at some stage at the MCG..... imagine how many wickets he would of had if not for the one year suspension and the countless shoulder and finger injuries.

Australian cricket may have depth but it will neva be the same again after Warne goes... a complete master of the game

Long live Shane Warne!!!!

And Matt Hayden saves his career again with one of the luckiest innings I have ever seen in my life and one that was should have been over countless times barring terrible decisions.. Someone up there likes him, and now the pressure is back on Langer to retain his spot after numerous failures. I pray that he gets a century next innings because he deserves his spot more than Hayden. Either way, Englands ray of hope was just covered by dark stormclouds.

Just want to say that England were rubbish aganist Australia i wanted to ask a question

Do you Think England will beat Australia in the Tri Series?

My bet is Australia will go through the Tri Series undefeated. New Zealand will beat England once, maybe twice, but Australia will win comfortably, and England wil beat New Zealand fairly comfortably.

I think Australia will lose one game in the Tri Series at some stage... In my opinon it will most liekly be to New Zealand who are not a bad one day team... there batting needs work... and if the other bowlers can help there world class performers in Bond and Vettori they can restrict Australia to scores thet there batsmen can chase.

As for England.. I just think they ill struggle.. they may sneak a win somewhere but i cant see where... to be both Australia and New Zealand are much better one day teams... their bowling looks fragile and seems to depend to much on Flintoff as usual... their batting could be a shambles now (even more so) without Peterson .. they need Strauss to get some form and hope that Vaughan goes ok and doesnt get injured... but a lot of their big hitting will now depend on Flintoff... and unless there is a big turn around I cant see them having much of an impact in the series.

I think Australia and the Kiwis will bein the final... with Australia taking a step towards the world cup by wining the Finals

Australia already looks in a dominating position and you've got to get sick of that. At least the NZ vs England matches may be competitive but until then, the VB/ Commonwealth Bank Series looks one sided again. BTW, did anyone else hear that NZ were bowled out for 78 or something?

Shane Bond looks like the only bowler to have held his own against the Aussies and he seems to be trouble for them. I don't know who Ross Taylor is but he looked impressive. Cameron White looks to have cemented his spot in the side and that doesn't look good for Brad Hogg, who I think is the best one day spinner in the country.

I don't really care about the series. The Ashes are over and we've had that stupid 20/20 so I think the focus is on the World Cup. BTW, we don't get Fox Sports 3, and I think that is the channel that they are showing the world cup on! Bastards!

yeah how about the a couple of nights ago between the kiwis and us aussies that was the closest any1 has come to beating us this whole summer

Well finally a great game of Cricket last night in Perth... with lots of runs which was good.

Ponting batted brillantly as per usual... he is simply astonishing... Hayden... well he was extremely lucky to survive for so long with the catches going down... someone upstairs must like him. but he did the right thing and made the Kiwis pay for their mistakes.... and the little cameos by Symonds, Hussey and Cam White were brillantly.. some great clean hitting...

Looking at New Zealands bowling figures did make me wonder how many the Aussies would of made if Vettori wasnt playing... he is a marvel Vettori... can we make him Australian?? we need a good spinner know Warney has gone and he is one of the best going around.... but I would be too disappointed if I were a New Zealand fan.. they played without there best 2 pacemen IMO Bond and Franklin.....

I htought the Kiwis were always going to be up aganst it.. Fleming played some nice shots but still looked a touch out of form.. Vincent played really well but got a shocking decision..... Fulton and Taylor played ok but Im not a fan of either... Mcmillan was brillantly run out by Mitchell Johnson but I feel is just in he team until Styris comes back... but when Oram got going it was great... to see someone attack the Aussies.... who really apart from Lee, Clarke ad McGrath at the end bolwed poorly.... but Oram's innings was brillant with some huge hitting and McCullum did well to back him up... i think they showed the series is still alive.

Now if only England could do someting... anything!!!!

yeah awesome game good entertainment including orams innings i didnt think the kiwis had a chance they should beat england and make the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back