The Next Face To Rise

Xemmy

of the Le'beau family
It feels like you see threads about "Who's Going to be the next main eventer?" every other day. What I noticed about ALL of them is that everyone always ends up saying that the next main eventer is heel, whether it be Miz on RAW or one of the several heels on Smackdown. You see Heels pop up every other day because it's much easier.

So this is about who the next babyface to rise to the World Title will be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a new babyface hasn't won a World Title in over two years. It hasn't happened in WWE since CM Punk cashed in his money in the bank contract in June 2008. It might even be easy to suggest that NONE of the current babyfaces have the potential to do it as Face. So.....

Who will be the next babyface to win their first World Title as a Face?

I'm a bit torn on this issue. Judging from the RAW and Smackdown rosters, I don't really think any of the younger babyfaces are ready to carry a show as it's respective world champion. I do think that John Morrison is finally getting the push to a world title though with what looks to be a feud with Sheamus. If you remember back to his falls count anywhere match with Sheamus, he did almost have the match won. Even in defeat, he still looked strong against a former world champion. That said, I'm inclined to believe he'll be the next young RAW babyface to win the world title.

On Smackdown, there is a huge overload of heels. The only babyfaces that come to mind that haven't held the world title (correct me if I'm wrong) are Kofi Kingston and Kaval. Kaval obviously won't be winning the strap anytime soon (although we can't forget he still has his PPV title shot) but I do think Kingston will be a world champ within the next year or two. Considering the good matches he puts on and his decently successful IC title reigns, the guy can only go further up the card. Being on the winning team at Bragging Rights sure doesn't hurt his chances at the world title.

So my picks for next new babyface world champions are Kofi and JoMo. I'm more inclined to think JoMo will win it first due to his program with a former world champion in Sheamus.

I agree with Notorious in that it'll either be Morrison or Kofi on who'll be the next babyface to win a world title. I like both choices too as Morrison has really impressed me as of late with his recent push and I've always been a fan of Kofi. I hope that either guy can break into stardom if they do it too.

I'm one of the biggest John Morrison fans, but there's no way that he will get the title. WWE pushed him before and then dropped the ball. Also he does a better job as a heel, I think if tag teams were pushed at all, MNM would be better for his career as him and Mercury were awesome together. I would say Daniel Bryan could do something or perhaps even have CM Punk go face.

I'd say John Morrison is the best choice, this feud he's starting with Sheamus is pretty much guaranteeing that he will at least be in the main event picture very soon. I'd say by Elimination Chamber next year Morrison will be in that match challenging for the WWE title. I think he'll lose and then at WrestleMania 27 or the Money in the Bank PPV he will win the Money in the Bank match. As for Kofi, HELL NO! I cant stand this wanna-be jamaican, he's annoying, his moves (besides the Trouble in Paradise) all suck, he cant talk on the mic, he's not even that big of a guy. So i really do hope he doesnt win a world title because i will stop watching whatever show he is on just cause i cant stand him.

I'd say John Morrison is the best choice, this feud he's starting with Sheamus is pretty much guaranteeing that he will at least be in the main event picture very soon. I'd say by Elimination Chamber next year Morrison will be in that match challenging for the WWE title. I think he'll lose and then at WrestleMania 27 or the Money in the Bank PPV he will win the Money in the Bank match. As for Kofi, HELL NO! I cant stand this wanna-be jamaican, he's annoying, his moves (besides the Trouble in Paradise) all suck, he cant talk on the mic, he's not even that big of a guy. So i really do hope he doesnt win a world title because i will stop watching whatever show he is on just cause i cant stand him.

That's funny, everything you said about Kofi applies more to Morrison in my eyes. The guy is extremely unremarkable as a face and the only reason he turned face in the first place is because he bounced and flipped around all over the place and people started to think "hey this guy can do flips in the air, lets cheer him blindly!" The guy is horrible on the mic, inconsistent in the ring (most noticeably with the Star Ship Pain and the occasional "flash kick" that he botches), and as a whole really can't do anything exciting if he's not in the air.

JoMo bashing aside the WWE is definitely lacking in young faces that aren't simply jobbers to be fed to heels whenever they need to stay relevant. By looking at the more established/non jobber non main event faces on the roster you have Daniel Bryan, Truth, Morrison, Kaval, Kofi, and depending how you look at it Christian and maybe Santino if they want to go for the ultimate surprise and have him win it from out of nowhere. This list certainly underwhelms and simply due to lack of options I'd have to say that sadly Morrison and Kofi are the most likely fresh faces to win the World Titles in the near future without one of the heels making a major face turn or a Brock Lesner monster push.

Morrison and Kofi are the two obvious choices. I love the feud Kofi had with Randy. It seemed like he was getting a push but decided against it. JoMo is worthy of getting pushed and being in a title situation but as of right now neither of them are ready for a world title. But next year they will both be in the title picture.

JoMo is who I'd like to say but only if he gets drafted to smackdown.There is no room for him on RAW. On smackdown he could have a decent feud with Edge if Edge beats Kane for the WHC. Still that could be a while since WWE were pushing him before but they kinda dropped the ball. But he can still make a decent champion. Remember his match vs Jeff Hardy before Jeff vsed CM Punk last year(i think) on smackdown.It was one of my favourite matches of the year.

Jomo is the sexy pick of the day however I've always believed hes just another nameless babyface in the crowd without that lil "umph". I'd say hes in the same league as Chris Jericho years ago; was always great to watch and a fun character but as a face world champ he simply wasnt ready. Then he went heel and went on to beat Austin and the Rock in the same night! Same just sort of applies to Shawn Michaels. I think heel Jomo could get really over with the crowd and give him the world strap he has coming.

So on topic;

My safe pick would be Kofi Kingston. He stays healthy and on top of his game and he'll be a lock for Money in the Bank come Mania. A month ago I would of picked Christian for a storyline with Edge resulting in a World title. Things didn't sway that way though and with Christian out and Edge over as a face; if Christian does win the big one it'll be as a heel.

Well if we are talking about the next new babyface to be champion, I would have to say whoever wins the Royal Rumble. Personally I believe it will either be one of two superstars. John Morrison or Christian. I believe Miz will cash in his MITB before mania and we will see the former Dirt Sheet host headlining mania. It'll set JoMo for a great win, because since they have split John hasn't beat The Miz in single competiton. Or Christian will win. I think we all know Edge will beat Kane for the Worlds Championship, and I think Christian will comeback at RR, win it and challenge Edge. We saw a tease of this rivalry when Captain Chrisma went to SD and Edge went to Raw. This would be a great match for Christian to win first World Championship(WWE). I think Kofi will be next but not before these two. He needs just a little more experience against main eventers. Other notable names are MVP, Daniel Byran, Golddust, Mark Henry, or even Evan Bourne when he returns.

JoMo in my opinion. He's in a fued with Sheamus and that will certainly be the stepping stone for him to the world title. I think it will come post-WrestleMania. So, on RAW the young babyface to win the title will be JoMo.

On SmackDown!, well, to be frank, I don't care. Because all they do is have Edge, Rey, Kane or Show fued for the belt till SummerSlam. Out comes Taker. He wins the belt and keeps it till WM (this didn't happen this year though). So, clearly, I don't think any new babyface will be the new world champ. But to answer your question, I guess it will be Kofi.

I love Morrison and I hope he gets MITB this year, but he is not my choice, my choice is the MIZ!

I think he'll cash in as a heel, loose the title, and then reclaim it as a face. The Miz is the future of the company and they want to turn him before they turn Cena.

I do think that John Morrison is finally getting the push to a world title though with what looks to be a feud with Sheamus. If you remember back to his falls count anywhere match with Sheamus, he did almost have the match won. Even in defeat, he still looked strong against a former world champion. That said, I'm inclined to believe he'll be the next young RAW babyface to win the world title.

I think JoMo will be the next NEW face to win a world title too.

He has the skills and the look to be a star, and while I think he is better suited to a heel role, I can still see him winning the big one as a babyface. I have always liked Morrisson and hope to see him fulfil his undoubted potential in the next year or so.

I'm hoping it's Kofi. The man is exciting in the ring, exciting on the mic, and over enough to carry the title. He's really a main event waiting to happen. All he needs is a direction and for WWE to pull the trigger. I put him above JoMo, because he's WAY better than JoMo on the mic and more realistic in the ring, in that he actually hits his finishers. I'm hoping with this revival of the KOTR, Kofi will win it and be pushed over that last little hill he needs to get over in order to become a main-eventer.

I think it will be John Morrison after he somehow gets moved to Smackdown. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a Money in the Bank match at Wretlemania and Morrison won it or if he got drafted over to Smackdown. I agree that he’s much better as a heel and he should go back to being that. Also, they need to update his ring attire as the fur jacket just isn’t working.

I agree with most people here saying that JoMo will be pushed and win one of the major championships, unfortunately though I do not think he will win it as a face, I see him turning heel again within the next couple of month.

So the next major face to get a push will probably be Kofi or Christian on smackdown and R-truth on Raw

I think that wade barrett will win the the WWE Title finally only to have The Miz cash in on him and turn face, thus my choice for raw is The Miz. SmackDown is hard to say but if i had to choose id say Montel Vontavious Porter, MVP, now i dont really like MVP all that much but after talking with VKM about his usage in the WWE, it seems as tho MVP is starting to be more influential. He even got new theme song. But only time will tell!

I couldnt agree more with EnterKey I cant believe you people are so drawn by John Morrison. He was ten times better as he'll when he was just dorky and arrogant. Now he cames in trying to be cool doesnt have a clue what to say sounds dumb most the time. He high flying moves come off weak, his parcore crap looks like choregraphed dancing. In my opinon. The two trends seem to be him and Kofi and id say in shorter time Kofi has flown by JoMo. As far as my answer I dont think "that" guy is here right now and if I had to guess I would say it would be David Otunga leaving Nexus. His big and has that famous allure with his celeb wife and he would be easy to root for teaming with Cena or something breaking from Nexus.

Other notable names are MVP, Daniel Byran, Golddust, Mark Henry, or even Evan Bourne when he returns.
I would agree with you if Mark Henry and Goldust weren't career midcarders, Bourne wasn't inconsistently pushed and then jobbed out, and MVP wasn't held back on account of his prison background and the fact that as a face he is almost more bland than Morrison... if that were physically possible of course. Now I'm a huge Bourne fan but with all the injuries and constant jobbings it doesn't look like he'll be getting any title in the near future.

I couldnt agree more with EnterKey I cant believe you people are so drawn by John Morrison. He was ten times better as he'll when he was just dorky and arrogant. Now he cames in trying to be cool doesnt have a clue what to say sounds dumb most the time. He high flying moves come off weak, his parcore crap looks like choregraphed dancing. In my opinon. The two trends seem to be him and Kofi and id say in shorter time Kofi has flown by JoMo. As far as my answer I dont think "that" guy is here right now and if I had to guess I would say it would be David Otunga leaving Nexus. His big and has that famous allure with his celeb wife and he would be easy to root for teaming with Cena or something breaking from Nexus.

I hope to God it's not Ottunga as he is absolutely atrocious in the ring and can't even do his basic move finisher correctly. The guy is praised for marrying some celebrity that is supposedly "A list" but I couldn't remember her name to save my life let alone understand why the hell she's famous. By mic skills alone he would be ok out there but he simply lacks the intensity in the ring that it takes to be a believable force to be reckoned with. If Morrison attempted to have an actual personality in there other than "look at me I'm coasting off of the heel persona I had 2 years and but have somehow forgotten how to talk on the mic without sounding like cheesy dumbass but i can jump in the air real high and spin around all cool like so please cheer me, I'll even give you my horrible glasses" I would say that he could easily do it but he has proven nothing besides Jeff Hardy tactics imo that would warrant him a world title and it took Jeff over 10 years to get one with that style. He needs to develop his own persona and make an impact some way with moves and finishers that make sense and that you can't see from a mile away.

I can see Miz getting the strap soon maybe even the next ppv, with unlikely help from Cena who doesn’t get fired because Barret will win the strap, but then get the holy hell beat out of him, with Cena and Orton taking out Nexus and Barret and Miz coming down to pick up the pieces. Setting up a 4 way TLC match (Barret/Cena/Orton/Miz) where he can retain. Then go into a feud with whoever they want to hold it at mania. Maybe even have Morrison cause him to loose the belt (in the chamber I’d guess) setting up a mania match (bit obvious but /shrug)

Back on track, I honestly cant see any young faces breaking out soon. The only potential talent (see the many posts above, :) ) are on Raw and with faces like Cena, Orton, I cant see WWE pushing someone like Morrison or R-truth or Bourne in there place, esp with HHH still to return.

As for Smackdown, the two stand out mid card faces are Kofi and MVP (but that’s not that much of a compliment with the mid card talent currently on Smackdown), I just don’t see either of those as a credible world title candidate. Kofi winning off Edge...maybe, MVP needs a character do-over before he has a chance.

Most of the current young talent will be pushed into a heel role and played off against the old guard before they are given a run as face. So I'd guess I’d be looking at someone like Seamus who could be slowly turned into a funny tweener/face character (kind of like a strong, credible Santino :D ) would be my pick, if he has the charisma too pull it off, if not I think it will be months if not years before we see a current mid card face win the title as a face (not saying they wont win it, they'll just heel turn first)

Call me crazy if you want, but I think Sheamus.

Both shows are so heel-heavy, but Raw (Okay, the Wade/Cena show) seems to have much more focus on their main title than SD. I think Sheamus would be much better off as a face in the main event scene than any mid-carder. He has proven that he can work that "main event" style of everything he does HAS a meaning as oppose to doing a bunch of stuff just to get the fans into the match. He has proven that he can get thrust to a high level and not completely screw up (like Kofi did). He has proven that he can mesh well and not get completely overshadowed in a PPV main event (something Morrison failed at). You wouldn't need to protect Sheamus like a mo-fo as he already has enough credibility.

Plus, I think Sheamus is much more likable than Kofi/Morrison/[insert mid-carder here]. He actually has the ability to make people laugh. When's the last time you laughed at a Morrison joke or didn't laugh at Kofi being ridiculous in the ring?

It feels like you see threads about "Who's Going to be the next main eventer?" every other day. What I noticed about ALL of them is that everyone always ends up saying that the next main eventer is heel, whether it be Miz on RAW or one of the several heels on Smackdown. You see Heels pop up every other day because it's much easier.

So this is about who the next babyface to rise to the World Title will be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a new babyface hasn't won a World Title in over two years. It hasn't happened in WWE since CM Punk cashed in his money in the bank contract in June 2008. It might even be easy to suggest that NONE of the current babyfaces have the potential to do it as Face. So.....

Jeff Hardy won the WWE title for the first time in December 2008 so technically he was the last new face champion. Sorry, I had to point that out!

Punk's face title win is relevant though because it proves just how risky making a new face champion is. Many wrestlers have attested to the fact that it's much easier to get people to hate you than to cheer for you, it's very difficult to connect with the audience as a face like an HBK or a Jeff Hardy, it's a talent in and of itself. Many in the IWC gloss over it or pretend it wasn't but CM Punk's first title reign is proof that crowning a new face champion is risky; Punk's first title reign was a complete failure. He wasn't even allowed to drop the belt and was swiftly moved back to the midcard, there was a reason for that: the crowd just didn't buy him.

I'd argue that's the reason very few new faces have been given the ball, it's risky and very difficult to pull off. If you put the belt on a guy like Sheamus almost immediately you can have him do something dastardly and get heat on him but you can't force a face down somebody's neck (Punk, Lashley, Lex), it's a very long process to elevate a face up to the main-event and you have to be sure they can draw.

Is there anyone on the roster that can climb the ladder as a face? I'm going to say Christian. Christian is one of the (imo few) IWC sweethearts that fully deserves the praise he receives. I've always liked Christian but in his first three months on ECW he showed MUCH more star power than he ever showed in TNA, he looked, sounded and wrestled better than 90% of the roster.

I haven't watched WWE regularly in about four months so I could be behind in the times but I would argue that all Christian needs is to be given an opportunity and a heel with good heat and he could steal any show on any given night.

Many people are divided on JoMo and I can honestly see where his skeptics are coming from. However, Morrison was extremely over and put on a string of fantastic matches during his initial face turn. The matches with Jeff and Rey were great, the crowd reaction when he beat Punk, he ticked all the boxes at the time. I'd argue that Morrison's downfall was his putting over The Miz and McIntyre. While the other two needed the rub more, Morrison never recovered from that and lost the majority of his momentum. If they allowed him to burst onto the ME scene at that time he may well have been ready to win the belt by now.

At the moment? He's lost his momentum and I don't see him recovering any time soon.

EDIT: Apparently he's feuding with Sheamus, I could be wrong!

names noone has mentioned include...

Ezekial Jackson- he was the Brian Kendricks bodygaurd and i thought they were going to go in the diesel direction and have him turn and become champ, still could w/ any other heel (MIZ?)...
Skip Sheffield- or anyone else who "turns on Nexus" - comes back and demolishes Nexus w/ Barret as champ...
R-Truth - Just kidding...
Dude in FCW, Mason Ryan i think- HUGE guy, Welsh, could be hot-shotted...
Goldust- nice lil faretheewell to a longtime company guy...

thats about it...

I couldn't have said it better my friend. WWE has spent a vast amount of time investing in their heels, specifically new heels, getting pushed, that they've neglected their younger faces, by and large. Take a look at the Smackdown roster. Most of the guys who have yet to win a world title are heels. Hell, the majority of the guys on the show are heels.

So this is about who the next babyface to rise to the World Title will be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a new babyface hasn't won a World Title in over two years.

It was actually Hardy in ther main event at Armageddon 2008 in the triple threat match against Edge and HHH. But it's closing in on two years.

It might even be easy to suggest that NONE of the current babyfaces have the potential to do it as Face. So.....

That would be my argument. Take a look at whose out there. Kofi? He's great in the ring and has shown flashes on the mic, but I think it was very telling that he was the FIRST guy eliminated at the Bragging Rights PPV. Hell, Santino lasted longer then he did.

Morrison? I was CERTAIN they were going to put a World Title on him before/around the time they gave him the "Rock Star" DVD, but he's bland as a face. You could make the argument that the only reason he even won the IC title was because of Rey's suspension, so another face could feud with Ziggler and McIntyre. I personally don't get the haters, because I think the man in phenomenal in the ring, but his promos feel forced and the definition of scripted. You could say the same about Jeff Hardy, but he had been around alot longer and had a connection with the fans that Morrison can't touch. Morrison desperately needs a mouthpiece, something generally reserved for heels. I can't see JoMo as a face champion, and I love the guy.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested this yet, but Im going to go with Dolph Ziggler. He was apart of three of the best matches this week on the major scene, and all of them showed he could go toe to toe with "The Best in The World", Daniel Bryan. Ziggler has the size, speed, aggression, and mat technique to tear the house down with anyone he steps into the ring with. They put him over Kofi, months ago, and have yet to elevate Kofi. So Ziggler seems to be further ahead on the pecking order then Kofi.

But why turn him face? Look no further then who he's associated with, Vickie Guerrero. Edge only won World Championships 4-8 with Vickie by his side. They're already teasing dissension between Ziggler and Vickie with the introduction of Vickie's NXT rookie Kaitlyn. You know Vickie's not going to turn, because nobody would buy it, and she's been a heat magnet for SO long.

I think Dolph showed his range too this past week on NXT(yeah, I watch the show) in his interaction between Vickie and Kaitlyn. He played, the middleman, the peacemaker, showing he had definitive range. Ive always felt he was better then given credit for on the mic, and I think he showed it there.

I could see a scenario where Vickie turns on him, perceiving he's continuing to pursue Kaitlyn. Much in the way she's helped him keep his intercontinental championship, i could see her costing him it in a similar way. Then, through her power as "Smackdown Consultant", she puts him in matches he cannot possibly win, and you have your face turn.

Ive always felt that the IC Title would be a stepping stone for Ziggler on his way to a World Championship, and he's held up his end by being a great champion. I think he can and will do the same as a World Champion, and as a face.

There is just one point I want to make about everybody saying that morrison is bland as a face. It doesn't matter.

Randy orton has become bland now but because he is over with kids now in this PG era, orton is over for years unless he turns. Just like cena, cena didn't have to do much to be cememnted as a superface. So everyone judging morrison on his blandness as a character, your not thinking about it from a 10-year old perspective, that it's about good guys and bad guys.

It may not be very good for the older fan to watch but if morrison can stay over after this sheamus feud which is hit and miss because of the sheer number of "false pushes" he's had so far, then he stands every chance of being put into the ME whether the IWC like it or not! sorry guys thats the way it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back