Easier to debut as: Heel or Face?

well i beg to differ. While it is easier to debut as a heel, it's not that hard to debut as a face. Look at Lashley and Kingston for example. People LOVED them. Even some of the heel gimmicks get quickly thrown out because nobody cares for them (ie, that carnival guy who spoke in karny language). So it's about half-and-half, and you have to be able to match your character. I don't want a push-over type guy to be a heel, unless it's comedic like santino. But even he debuted as a face!

Heel- You ain't gotta give much of an effort to get booed whether you talk down to the crowd or you just flat out suck in the ring. Now it's a lot harder to be a face cause you have to give a hell of alot more of an effort to make the crowd like you & respect you. Pretty much to be a great face you gotta have charisma like either a Hulk Hogan or The Rock & in order to be a successful heel just be like Edge or Randy Orton or if you can be successful in both roles look at Christian's tenure in TNA for example.

I think it's obvious. It's easier to debut as a heel, and I'll tell you why. Almost every single heel will get booed. It doesn't matter how good of an act they put on or if they can wrestle, if a wrestler says something wrong about fans, that city, or a face superstar, they will almost always get booed. And getting booed is the goal, right? Heels will always get booed, always. It won't ever change.

On the other hand, it's much harder for faces to be accepted by the fans. Faces, unlike heels, have to actually prove themselves. If they don't perform well, hit their spots, and interact with the crowd, they won't be accepted. Fans won't cheer, chant their name, or buy merchandice, making this entertainer a failure. Fans like a guy who gets them excited, kicks ass, and is fun to watch. This is also why some heels get cheered more than they get booed.

In the end, it comes down to what's easier to do- piss somebody off or make somebody like you. That's why heels are easier to debut than faces.

Playing a face is a lot harder than playing a heel - and I think when debuting those that debut as a heel are almost guaranteed a crowd reaction. After all, it's a lot easier to hate than it is to love. Simply saying something about the city you're in will wind up the fans, and you'll be implanted into their memory. Going after a well-loved face is another way to debut as a heel, all of which will make you remembered, and will form the foundation for the rest of your career.

It depends as a face if you have an entertaining moveset and charisma its pretty easy to get the crowd behind you in your debut. You also need to either win or come close enough to get another try. Noone ever remembers those guys Boogeyman squashes. As a heel if you physically and emotionally dominate your opponent in your debut your more likely to make an impression in their minds but make them think I don't like the way he treated his opponent during or after that match. So it depends on your appearance and general character I suppose.

Its easy to get started as a heel, you dont even have to win the match (or speak English) to get over with the crowd. As everyone has pointed out already, its easier to get someone to boo you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back