Best young face in WWE? Best face not to win a World Title?

Henhouse

Occasional Pre-Show
In WWE, we have several hot prospects who many feel will be World Champions. Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett to name but a few. The babyface side of things seems somewhat depleted in comparison.
Alex Riley is apparently in the doghouse and who knows if he'll last through the next roster cuts?
Zack Ryder is taking off but WWE are starting to forcefeed fans with him, using him in segments where he isn't necessarily needed. I'm all for the Ryder Revolution, but with his current gimmick, I can't see him as a World Champion.
Sin Cara? Really?
Evan Bourne? Kofi Kingston? They can't talk.

Daniel Bryan is probably the babyface with the most potential. I know people can turn and suchlike but my question is at the moment, Who is the babyface with the most potential in WWE?

My second question:

Traditionally, the babyface has gone after the title and won it to the delight of the fans. But what about the babyfaces who haven't?
Who has been the best Babyface in WWE to never win a World Title?

then best babyface in my opinion is justin gabriel because he's the total package. he has the look he's a great highflyer but is big enough to lift guys like john cena and slam them plus that 450 spash is amazing and gets the crowd hyped. the only thing he needs to work on is mic skills because no matter how good you are in wwe you'll get passed up and replaced by somebody who can talk....see John Morrison lol

And the best face to never win the world championship to me is matt hardy. But backstage issues held him back as far as actual wrestling goes hes better then jeff all around all jeff can do is fly around but matt hardy was much deserving of a world championship but never got it

Who is the babyface with the most potential in WWE?

Kofi Kingston. I really have no idea why people are all like "he can't talk; he has no mic skills." He rarely ever gets mic time, and when he does, he usually shines (i.e. when he trashed Orton's car). Granted, he isn't a golden tongue, but in a couple years I can see him dipping in and out of the main event/upper midcard scene similar to Jericho's old role.

My second question:

Traditionally, the babyface has gone after the title and won it to the delight of the fans. But what about the babyfaces who haven't?
Who has been the best Babyface in WWE to never win a World Title?

I'm still quite surprised that Owen Hart, face or heel, didn't win a world title. Some other names come to mind, but I'll stick with Owen.

Best young face for me is....Evan Bourne....He has everything he needs In the ring but on the mic i want to laugh at his promo's because they are so bad. If he could Some how get better on the mic (which i dont think it will happen) he will be just as good as any other wrestler

I'll have to go with Daniel Bryan as the best babyface in WWE to have a chance to win a world title.

I'll say Ricky Steamboat as a the best babyface to never win a world title. Him and Macho Man stole the show at Mania 3 for the INC. title and the fans loved it when Steamboat won. But after that Macho man was the won who got the push and won the WWF title at mania 4 and I don't really know what happen to Ricky? Did he leave for WCW at he time or something? He seemed really over with the crowd and I think he deserved at least a title shot at the WWFC. during his WWF/WWE in ring career.IMO.

Another who never won but would have been great to see was Davey Boy Smith. While he was a good guy the fans loved him. He did get the IC. Title in one of the greatest IC.match in WWF/WWE history, but it would have been nice to see him win the big one also.

It's hard for me because there's quite a few babyfaces in my opinion. Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase Jr, Evan Bourne, Alex Riley and Justin Gabriel.

As for best babyface to never win a world championship I'm going to go with Curt Hennig Mr.Perfect. Heel or Face that man had all the skills to be an amazing world champ.

WWE has always loved forcing big guys down our throats so I fear Mason Ryan may be a baby face champion in the near future. I know he's disappeared the past couple of weeks but you know he'll be back.

As for the best to never win, well I'm going to go with a guy who has won before but it came way to late and went way too short and thats Rob Van Dam. He was always over with the fans. Solid matches, very entertaining and wasn't bad on the mic

I hate calling him "young" given how many years I have watched Bryan Danielson, but if by "young" you mean never won a world title in WWE I have to say Daniel Bryan.

I also think if Truth comes back as a face, yet still doing his "Little Jimmy" gimmick, he would be another top face.

To be quite honest, the number of faces is just stacked. CM Punk just turned face this year, plus you always have Cena & Orton hogging the spotlight.

To win world titles, Ryder and Kofi both need character reworkings to display a more serious side (like Kofi during his feud with Orton). I think its a gamble for both of them, as they could get lost in the shuffle if it doesn't work but to really establish a personality they need a heel run.

Well I don't think they reall have anyone good enough on both rosters, who is face to be world champion, they only have decent heels who still have a way to go before winning a world championship. In my opinion, Sheamus is probably the only viable face who could the belt interesting, but he is already established and cannot really be classified as young face, considering he is 33 years old. The WWE really need to get another good face who is relatively new, build him up and have become a main eventer. Not counting Sheamus, I think the only guy they really have on Smackdown is Sheamus, I think he'll win the rumble this year hopefully in 2012. The raw roster is beggining to shape up and become strong again. I think the draft in 2012 should see Sheamus, Barrett and Rodes to raw and Brodus Clay, Alex Riley and del rio to SD, that face could very well be Alex Riley but he needs an Edge to his character and he needs to be built up to us champ level. A good rivalry would be Rodes and Riley and built it to Wrestlemania 28. The problem is, Riley had so much potential he reminds me of a young Cena, when he first made his debut. They could bring Alex Riley in, give him a real character, give him an edge, give him time to improve and then put him in a rivalry with a Rodes or a Barrett or maybe repackage him and turn him heel and have him attack Sheamus. either way he is not ready for Raw, he needs to be on Smackdown, draft him to Smackdown.

It's got to be Zack Ryder. I know people cream their pants over Bryan and his wrestling ability, but he's not connecting with the crowd all that much despite his renewed push as of late. Ryder, on the other hand, is not only a very good wrestler, but he's more over than any midcarder and several main eventers. He's already become a top merchandise seller in the company and people tune into his show every week to see what he does next. If you asked me right now to push a face to the world title, it would be him. Quite simply, he has the potential to make WWE the most money as of this moment. Of course he might need to start cutting serious promos a bit more often, but I think that's something he can handle. His Z! promo on Ziggler before Vengeance where he said he wasn't a joke was very good.

out of the "young face guys" right now, I'd have to go w/Dibiase, but only going w/the "faces". Ryder is on the edge of being burned by over exposure, and, i still remember him w/Edge and Hawkins. I really think that Ziggler and Rhodes will be solid, albeit thier size, and Barrett is pretty solid as well.

as for the best face to never win a world title... Owen Hart, Curt Henning, and Magnum T.I. from back in the day, all 3 had a solid fan base (owen and curt even as heels), and were great performers. Also, and I still feel that it is a travesty that Arn Anderson never had the big one.

His name is Magnum T.A. (Terry Allen) not Magnum T.I. and Curt Hennig was an AWA World Champion.

Good catch on that for Magnum, my oversight. As for Henning, you're also right, but at that point the AWA was on the same level as the USWA belt, more or less regional.

Sorry, but without some serious reworking, I don't see any of the young faces becoming anything besides a "trial" world champion, a la Jack Swagger. I honestly see more than a few guys being future endeavored in a few years, especially if the reports of the developmental talent being really good as of late are to be believed.

I like Mason Ryan, but he is still too green at the moment and may never get over the Batista comparisons which may always blight his career. He should have been built up as a heel first then given the babyface push!

Alex Riley draws a good response I personally like his ring and mic skills. He may get his chance or not! Shame if he doesn't live up to his potential.

Ted Dibiase is good and looks a lot more comfortable as a face, but needs more character development, I mean, I love his theme but it's his heel theme he needs a new face theme.

Maybe we should be looking towards the floundering heels in the low to mid-card? I'll save that for my own thread though.

For who was the best face never to win the big one. I'm gonna go for a possible unpopular choice and pick.........Lex Luger!

Hear me out though. I know he wasn't a great wrestler, really wooden (John Cena, Batista, Miz) he wasn't much more blessed in the charisma department either (Benoit, Alberto del Rio, Mark Henry) But in 1993, the machine got behind him and he was pushed to the moon! Being the first guy who looked like he could take it to Yokozuna and going across America in the Lex Express.

It was believable at the time, he looked a shoe in to win and it seemed to me like a massive waste of promotion for the payoff to be a screwy count out victory at Summerslam. Booker T in 2003 with Triple H leading to wrestlemania was similar too.

Ted DiBiase.

I've always enjoyed Ted's Japan work, never been too fascinated by him attempting to be like his father, referencing him carrying the Million Dollar Championship around. When they give him the chance to be himself seems to be when he performs at his best. The DiBiase Posse idea was easy and smart, he isn't getting much out of it except for some television time and victories over the likes of Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal but every week fans are giving him a positive face reaction and when you play a face that is all you need. To me he'll continue to grow if WWE push him in the current direction, they need to give him a proper feud though, not with the likes of Mahal and Slater.

There aren't too many young, over faces in the WWE. Ryder is of course the one people should mention, but seeing as I dislike him my biased side shines through. Mason "Batista" Ryan is doing okay but needs some improvement, Kingston is currently more enjoyable to me in Air Boom than he has ever been. But yeah, WWE need some new faces, heels are kind of gaining the upper-hand in-terms of youth on the main roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back