The Most Disappointing NXT Call-Up

Who is the Most Disappointing NXT Call-Up?

• Tyler Breeze

• Cesaro

• Becky Lynch

• The Ascension

• Baron Corbin

• Apollo Crews

• Bo Dallas

• Eva Marie

• Vaudevillians

• other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bryan got over because of the yes/no chant and his promo ability. His in ring ability was not the reason he was over.

Bryan got over by putting on consistently good matches. That is how he got to the point of being world champion first time. This was prior to him showing anything special on the mic or the yes chants.

Those things propelled him into the stratosphere later on but initially it was his in-ring ability.

Bryan got over by putting on consistently good matches. That is how he got to the point of being world champion first time. This was prior to him showing anything special on the mic or the yes chants.

Those things propelled him into the stratosphere later on but initially it was his in-ring ability.

Bryan got over because of HHH and The Authority. He was regarded as a great wrestler before that, but he certainly wasn't over as a top guy until Cena and HHH put him over.

Bryan got over because of HHH and The Authority. He was regarded as a great wrestler before that, but he certainly wasn't over as a top guy until Cena and HHH put him over.

That's just totally wrong. Perhaps you don't understand the concept of being over and maybe you don't remember but in case it needs refreshing:

[YOUTUBE]prg3Kxp2YO8[/YOUTUBE]

And pre-YES/NO chants:

[YOUTUBE]n4yAKyeszx8[/YOUTUBE]

Very clearly over as a heel and as world champ pre-chants.

Now, as I said before, that was not the unique level of support he had post authority but mate, the authority didn't even exist when he beat John Cena clean at Summerslam, a position he was put in BECAUSE he was over as a top guy at that point.

All this is besides the point and we're way off thread topic but I felt this needed clearing up. My vote still goes to Neville, a man so Vanilla he makes Dean Malenko look Neapolitan.

As disappointing as The Ascension has been, Bo Dallas was once NXT Champion and looking back on history comes off as the weakest superstar to ever dawn the strap.

Dallas has so much untapped potential, hell he could even be a future Wyatt family member with the new found aggression he is showing on RAW. The Ascension are a close second but Bo has fallen to true jobber status until very recently hopefully we can see more out of Bo in this new repackaging.

As disappointing as The Ascension has been, Bo Dallas was once NXT Champion and looking back on history comes off as the weakest superstar to ever dawn the strap.

Dallas has so much untapped potential, hell he could even be a future Wyatt family member with the new found aggression he is showing on RAW. The Ascension are a close second but Bo has fallen to true jobber status until very recently hopefully we can see more out of Bo in this new repackaging.

You know I had totally forgotten that he was a former NXT champion, the commentators never bring it up when he is introduced. But yea he had a fantastic start and has fallen off the radar quite a bit.

I think they are having a problem trying to find a character for him. I like the Bo-lieve stuff he used to bring and he was funny as part of the Social Outcasts. Bearing an uncanny resemblance to his brother I don't think has helped him at all though, just look at Wyatt and his inability to win matches. Well up to the feud with Orton.

My vote still goes to the Ascension though. They've be relegated to coming out, standing and pointing at other teams. Can't go much lower than that.

It's still early... but it's between Apollo Crews and Corbin for me.

Both of those guys need to be back in NXT. Crews debut match in NXT had me saying "that guy has it." But his gimmick didn't evolve one bit from the time he showed up in NXT and this very moment. Being happy doesn't work for a dude that stature as a gimmick. He needs layers.
Corbin was just finding a stride until he got called up. He needs to go back in my opinion, be given the title, and let him show people what he can really do. He's got the size. He's got the moves. He's got the persona of an actual true heel. And I don't know if it's just me, but the End of Days finisher is one of my favorites. I think he needs a little seasoning on the mic but that can come.

I know many of said the Ascension but that's truly a team I never understood. That type of gimmick doesn't work anymore. 20 years ago? Sure. But the LOD ripoff gimmick isn't interesting. Average in the ring. I don't remember anything memorable they did on the mic either in NXT. Never cared for them at all so they haven't disappointed me.

Both Tyler Breeze and Apollo Crews.

I had some hope for Tyler Breeze as he was good enough as the gatekeeper of NxT brand. He was quite over but I did doubt if he's going to be over on the main roster. He is nowhere near bad in the ring and I don't think that he should've been in a lame tag team with Fandango of all people.

Apollo Crews was nowhere near ready to be called up. He was quite new on NxT itself and surprisingly wasn't over there. He did need a gimmick for sure as he is good enough in the ring.

The Ascension, not only have they been forced to die a slow death on the main roster; but their the only two wrestlers I know to actually get worse in the ring after leaving NXT.

Tyler Breeze had a really silly gimmick that caught on with NXT, but not with WWE. Really, he should be repackaged if they want to at least salvage him.

Bo Dallas is perfect for being a comedy heel, maybe give him a few occasional wins but don't really push him that much.

The Vaudevillians never stood a chance on the main roster, and they were starting to slip on NXT anyway so...yeah.

It's still too early to call Crews a total bust, but yeah; I think he probably should turn heel at some point. Not now, but maybe during the road to Summerslam or so.

And Baron Corbin, Cesaro and Becky Lynch have actually gone on to be successful within the ranks of WWE. So good for them.

1. Tyler Breeze: The guy looked like a genuine star in NXT and his matches with Neville, Tyson Kidd, Sami Zayn as well as others were always great to watch. I expected him to make waves in the IC/US title scene from the off but sadly this didn't happen and then he became a jobber which is such a waste of his talents. Then they put him in a Tag team with Fandango and the writing was on the wall at that point! I hope that we still see him showcase what he can do and he gets a solid singles run as IC or US champion he is still young enough that he has time on his side.

2. Ascension: Dominated the NXT Tag Team division and I expected them to be a strong force on the main roster but for some reason they almost immediately became a team of jobbers to put over others. I don't see this changing as the likes of Revival, DIY or AOP will be booked stronger than them when they hit the main roster. Think WWE dropped the ball with them.

3. Bo Dallas: doesn't seem possible to think this guy was once NXT Champion. Like Breeze I think he could have got a better push on his arrival to the main roster but instead he quickly became a jobber and watched others surpass him. maybe like Breeze he'll still get his chance as he's got time on his side also

I have to go with "Other" and pick Sami Zayn. I'm not knocking Sami, but he has been a disappointment on the main roster. I'd say Apollo but to me, he never really had main event potential. I thought Zayn was going to be in the title picture and in the main feuds right away but after feuding with KO, which they had to do of course, he's really been irrelevant.

I love SZ and it's not entirely his fault but the bottom line is, so far, his main roster stint has been disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back