The In Your House PPV

CM Steel

A REAL American
Whatever happened to the In Your House pay per views? That was a cornerstone event in the WWF/E line-up along with Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, and the Royal Rumble. But I guess the WWE gave the In Your House PPV the King of the Ring treatment. But atlease the King of the Ring is still around the WWE but in a different forum.

The In Your House PPV's had classic matches like Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog '96, Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart '96, and ECW invading
(not storyline) the WWF/e at a In Your House PPV later on that year of 1996. WWF In Your House was a great video game too. But can this grand event be brought back to the WWE?

Does anybody remember Triple H in a hogpen match from back in the day?

Uh, In Your House wasn't really an event, it took place pretty much every month between the 5 major PPVs they help every year. They would only charge half the price for a little while until, I believe, the 5th IYH PPV when it went up another 5 bucks.

It seems like you're going by the matches held at the events and it's history as a reason to bring it back, but I couldn't care less about all that. However, the idea of charging less for the filler PPVs instead of a round 45 bones for everything but Wrestlemania would be awesome from a fan's standpoint. It's very rare that a PPV card intrigues me enough to want to pay 45-60 bucks and when it does, it's usually only Wrestlemania. The only other PPV I purchased last year was MITB and frankly, the booking leading up to that one was beyond anything they've done in recent years and with the card they built, it was almost a guarantee that my money wouldn't be wasted. But then you have these other PPVs like Extreme Rules, Elimination Chamber, Bragging Rights, etc and I just don't have it in me to put up 45 bucks for it. Putting my money up means I expect a great show, thus, my expectations raise. If I'm only paying 20 bucks for it, well my standars will probably be exceptionally lower.

So yeah, I'd love for them to bring this concept back. I just don't know how likely it would be with the financial ramifications due to lowering the costs. If they slash prices in half but the buyrates stay the same, that's a 50% loss in revenue.

It was the stepping stone toward WWE doing monthly pay per views. They retired "In Your House" as the name and gave each month's pay per view it's own name in 1999 after In Your House: Backlash.

What's to bring back? It's just a name.

I guess they could charge less for pay per views, but that doesn't require new PPV titles.

In Your House was the WWE's jump into monthly pay per views. The events produced some good matches, but there were plenty of horrible ones as well. In Your House 9: International Incident is probably the weakest card in the history of the WWE.

I guess they could charge less for pay per views, but that doesn't require new PPV titles.

In Your House was the WWE's jump into monthly pay per views. The events produced some good matches, but there were plenty of horrible ones as well. In Your House 9: International Incident is probably the weakest card in the history of the WWE.

its funny cause i went to in your house international incident
i had no problem with it although i was 11 at the time

they seemed cool i always liked that house set
and that canadian stampede was my fave one

i remember that hogpen match
but dont know what ppv

Around Ground Zero (Sept 97) was the last time they used the standard IYH staging, and I believe the last time IYH was used Backlash '99.

Personally I think WWE should go back to the IYH concept, cut out the rhetoric names they've been using over the last 2+ years and use the In Your House: Cena Vs Punk... or In Your House: Rebellion.

The cards could easily be one match card kind of like Cena/Punk II @ SummerSlam 2011, and allow the four big ppv's to be stacked with matches rather than a one match selling point.

I'm pretty sure they dropped the "In Your House" name by either late '97 or early '98. They called the December '97 PPV "In Your House: Degeneration X." The February '98 PPV was just called "No Way Out", not "In Your House: No Way Out." (Correct me if I'm wrong.) By '98, they had all these new names for PPVs. (i.e: Judgment Day, Fully Loaded, Breakdown, Rock Bottom)

Oh, and yes, Henry Godwin vs. Triple H took place at the Dec. '95 In Your House.

The only reason these PPVs existed was because of increasing competition from WCW. WWE hastily threw them in there as a way to say they were competing.

It's certainly got to be up there, it's utterly abysmal. As a contrast, the July In Your House the following year was Canadian Stampede arguably one of the WWF/E's best PPVs ever

they've been using over the last 2+ years and use the In Your House: Cena Vs Punk... or In Your House: Rebellion.

The cards could easily be one match card kind of like Cena/Punk II @ SummerSlam 2011, and allow the four big ppv's to be stacked with matches rather than a one match selling point.

I think this is a really good idea. Only problem is they give the main event away on random raw shows so it would be Punk/Cena 17 instead of Punk/Cena 2. This is why they need enhancement talent back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back