The Guest Host/Star Concept: WWE Has Sunk To An All Time Low

I am torn on how I feel about this. I think it could be a good thing..especially if The Rock is around that night and does a promo with Kermit. A Gonzo and Triple H nose promo and seeing as it's Halloween...the count has to be involved at some point. I can see why some people who are against the idea but at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun and something different that I wont knock until I see.

i agree with the people who say its a pro wrestling show. Its not a 3 ring circus it should not be like this they already cater to the damn kids. I have been watching wrestilng wrestling my whole life and fell in love with wrestling bc of the undertaker. I watched through the attitude era of wrestling, then a little bit of me died inside when john cena started making poop jokes. You know the one infamous episode where he spray painted poopy on jbl's limo i was thinking ok i may never watch this shit again, but i stick thorugh it for stuff like cm punks shoot promo a few months back. I love the muppets and there movies but come on this is a wrestling show people if u want the muppets let them go on leno or letterman, i dont want the stupidity. Its gonna be horrible heres a list of people i dont like and they will be there for the muppets guaranteed santino,hornswoggle, and vickie. People like that mostly santino and hornswoggle and i know that jerry will ask if miss piggy and vickie are related and kermit will prob beat someone with a frog splash for a win burying them prob drew mcinterye. Yes i do love them and they are great but i dont want to see puppets in the ring i want them on the big screen and to watch dvds of them. Im sure cena will love this he will high five kermit the frog and prob team up with him kofi will hang with kermit too. Then u will have fozzie bear joiking aorund with santino. Nobody will watch this shit.

Jack-Hammer, have you gone crazy? The Muppets are awesome! We'll probably get a bunch of funny backstage segments and skits with the characters we know and love, and a decent enough RAW at the same time. Ever since the guest host thing started two years ago people have been calling for the Muppets to make an appearance. Who doesn't want Statler and Waldorf on commentary? How about R-Truth and Animal arguing? Beaker and Sheamus need to meet face to face!

I'm super excited for it. It's going to be hilarious!

Most of the people who aren't excited to see the Muppet's on Raw, make it sound like the Muppet's will be featured heavily throughout the show, possibly even wrestling a match with Zach Ryder!

The truth is, The Muppet's are the biggest guest host that the WWE has had to date (MAYBE slightly behind Hugh Jackman) & there is no question that this will bring a lot of media attention to the WWE. The fact that The Muppet's will be releasing on of the biggest films of this fall, can only help the WWE, because as we get closer to the release of the movie, there will be more and more attention bring put on The Muppet's.

While I think that The Muppet's will get slightly more screen time, than when past guest host, I still don't think that it will take up a lot of the show & focus will still be on what is needed.

The Halloween episode of Raw, hosted by The Muppet's will be fun, and that's what wrestling should be and has been for a while now.

As if we needed anymore people rushing to the defense of WWE and the Muppets, but this is a GREAT decision. The Muppets are similar to one of Raw's more successful guest hosts (in my opinion anyway), Pee Wee Herman. They're something adult remembers from childhood, and they're still funny to this day. This especially holds true of the Muppets who were known for having some more adult jokes in their shtick.

This is a great idea. Both kids and adults can enjoy the Muppets, and they're sure to have a creative use for a bunch of puppets... hopefully something with R-Truth or John Cena.

i agree with the people who say its a pro wrestling show. Its not a 3 ring circus it should not be like this they already cater to the damn kids. I have been watching wrestilng wrestling my whole life and fell in love with wrestling bc of the undertaker. I watched through the attitude era of wrestling, then a little bit of me died inside when john cena started making poop jokes. You know the one infamous episode where he spray painted poopy on jbl's limo i was thinking ok i may never watch this shit again, but i stick thorugh it for stuff like cm punks shoot promo a few months back. I love the muppets and there movies but come on this is a wrestling show people if u want the muppets let them go on leno or letterman, i dont want the stupidity. Its gonna be horrible heres a list of people i dont like and they will be there for the muppets guaranteed santino,hornswoggle, and vickie. People like that mostly santino and hornswoggle and i know that jerry will ask if miss piggy and vickie are related and kermit will prob beat someone with a frog splash for a win burying them prob drew mcinterye. Yes i do love them and they are great but i dont want to see puppets in the ring i want them on the big screen and to watch dvds of them. Im sure cena will love this he will high five kermit the frog and prob team up with him kofi will hang with kermit too. Then u will have fozzie bear joiking aorund with santino. Nobody will watch this shit.

Are you sure you know what a Muppet is? I mean, REALLY understand what it is, and not just what you found on Wikipedia after a quick Google search? I'm not sure you do, because you seem to think that Kermit will get, not only a pinfall victory over Drew McIntyre, but also via frogslash in the middle of the ring.

While I'm sure it is possible that Sweetums or Thog could get in the ring, I really don't see that happening, but if it does, it's not going to be anything serious. It'd more likely being Sweetums & Zach Ryder vs. Otunga and McGillicutty in a two minute throw away match, but even then I have a hard time seeing that actually take place.

There is no way that we will see a Muppet like Kermit get in the ring because, it's impossible. Are you sure that you understand that most Muppet's are in fact puppets, and puppets are controlled by an actor with their hand and arm inside the puppet?

I see nothing wrong with this. Matter of fact, I'd love to see how this all plays out. Puppets are obviously incapable of wrestling in matches in front of live audiences. But I'm sure the backstage segments will be entertaining, at the very least.

For all of those who are shitting on this idea, wasn't Hulk Hogan a guest host on the muppets show, back in the day? So what difference does it make if they come to us now? For the sake of entertainment, I'm sure all of you are going to tune in, even if you don't like the idea.

I liked the muppets when I was a kid. I think that the backstage segments have potential to be pretty funny, but that doesn't mean I want a bunch of puppets taking up time that midcarders could be using to get over when they really need it because guys who are trying to do their job (wrestling) need the onscreen time more than a bunch of puppets from a show decades past its prime. I just hope they don't do anything too annoying. This the potential to be really funny or really stupid. For those who do not want to watch the muppets on Raw, there is always the fast forward button.

What in the blazing hell does THE MUPPETS need to be doing on WWE RAW. Pg era is one thing, but JESUS.... The fricking MUPPETS. For one, the general age group for the muppets is under 10. Maybe even 6. My daughter who is 9 now got disinterested in THE MUPPETS style stuff at like 5 years old. Who as a parent in their right mind is going to let their child on a school night(mind you) stay up to watch WWE RAW for 2 hours until 11 pm just to see THE MUPPETS? Also to see guy's and gal's kicking each others asses. It's borderline insane that WWE would think this is going to go over well with fan's. Why do you really need 0-6 year olds watching WWE wrestling anyway's. I think they are just foolish to put the MUPPETS on a LIVE WWE TV. I can see JEFF DUNHAM puppets because they are at least fun for adults to watch, and young teenagers also.

Does anyone else feel THE MUPPETS is going a little overboard even for the WWE?

OP,

Many people old or young love the Muppets. Myself, I can watch the Swedish Chef skits over and over again and laugh every single time. The WWE have stayed out of Guest Host territory for a while, I'll give an exception to The Hitman, that was just because they were in Canada.

The WWE will most likely not have another guest host until Halloween, and that's just it, it's Halloween. I know the E has some big storylines to focus on, but come on, most of the viewers are going to be DVRing Raw for Trick-or-treating. It's the same thing with Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.

The Muppets are also there to promote the movie, and if it's anything like Jackman plugging his movie, it'll just be a quick segment, a backstage segment or a few, and that's about it. Have some fun.

Im not thrilled by the idea but dont see it having too much effect on Raw. They will probably have some back stage segments, maybe 3-4 and that will be it.

I would pay to see Kermit cross body Cena ;)

I want to see who they put Animal(the muppet) in a skit/sketch with!! :wtf::wtf:

They'll probably have Miss Piggy doing something with the Divas.

This has Santino written all over it!!

MUPPETS are a great idea! This is a chance to bring in some NEW VIEWERS! There are thousands of people who tuned in each week to watch the Muppet Show years ago...maybe some of them will click over and enjoy the same things we all enjoy?

New fan...new fans...more talk...more main stream...more entertaining!

Watch RAW? Watch SD!?...then tell everyone you know and tell them they should too.

BE A REAL FAN!

I am personally 50/50 on the Muppets hosting Raw. While on one side of the coin, it could bring a nice comedy touch to MNR as well as the potential of bringing in new viewers (when I say that, I mean kids who haven't started to watch wrestling yet as well as any previous fans of the Muppets). On the other side of the coin, it could be a complete flop like certain guest hosts/stars of MNR. I guess we'll have to wait and see, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back