The End of NXT (A Suggestion)

MrHashasheen

Enjoying Wrestling
If anyone's been following kblunder's reviews on NXT beside me, you'd know he's burnt out from what is nearly a year's worth of NXT Redemption. Apparently in the latest show, there was a dramatic announcement that it was all ending next week.

Now, we can speculate as to what it could mean, but I just wanted to throw out a suggestion and see what you think:

The End of NXT Redemption And The Start of Brand B-Shows​

If anyone remembers back in the early years of the Brand Era when ECW wasn't there yet, both Smackdown and Raw each had a one-hour B-show. Smackdown's was Velocity, and Raw's was Heat. It worked well in giving undercard/mid-card talents time to work and be on television/online, even having smaller feuds that were seperate from RAW and Smackdown.

Now, I know that kind of reminds you of ECW or how NXT is currently handled, but my opinion is that the WWE doesn't need a third brand (like some online have been suggesting to be done with NXT). While this might have been realistic back in 2010 as a replacement to ECW, the WWE currently doesn't have enough over talents to spread across three different brands, nor is the addition of one or two titles needed. Especially considering that NXT is still an internet show in the USA, and will be until the WWE Network launches, which instantly diminishes any credibility it, its titles or its superstars will have.

However, having both NXT and Superstars as Brand B-shows won't be negated by their status as internet shows, because let's face it, B-shows are by their very nature secondary and can take the hit of being online until the Network comes into being.

In addition to this but not completely necessary would be my suggestion to end the Supershows format for Raw and returning to a stronger Brand separation. By its very nature it damages the concept of seperate brands and the need for two sets of single male titles, and considering the addition of an-hour for either brand, means that there would be more time to display and build up all your existing champions in angles and storylines that include and revolve around said titles (see Zack Ryder).

NXT is practically already an independent brand. I'd rather they just end the competition, make an NXT Championship, and keep the talent from FCW flowing.

NXT is practically already an independent brand. I'd rather they just end the competition, make an NXT Championship, and keep the talent from FCW flowing.

Just do the same thing they did with ECW. Intermingle vets and rookies so that instead of bullshit competitions, rookies develop the classic way: by having feuds and matches, but on a smaller platform than RAW and SmackDown. That way when they cross over to SmackDown they can say, "Oh look, former NXT Champion Johnny Curtis!" instead of, "Oh look, winner of an obstacle course Johnny Curtis!"

I also just really like having three televised wrestling shows a week. It was awesome with RAW, ECW, Superstars and SmackDown! all in one week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back