What should NXT be replaced with? A new 3rd brand?

When I first heard of NXT being a new show, originally I thought it was going to be a one hour show to give some younger rookie guys some time and then I read what it really was.
I think it would be good if it were just an hour show for some of the guys that don't get so much air time on the big shows.

ECW - please no
New show - I don't hate the idea but would rather if they didn't and let their talent improve in FCW first before appearing on national television.
FCW - fine as is and gives less experienced guys a chance to improve, work out their flaws and most important, it's gives the wwe a chance to judge the wrestler as a person and how the behave in a smaller show before they promote them and invest a lot of time and money into an individual.

We already have raw/sd/superstars so I don't think it would hurt the company to just use the nxt as a seasonal show like most tv shows. They could bring up the top talent for FCW every year and have them compete for a contract.

I think the best thing would be to have a 3rd brand, but not call it ECW, call it something else, and make it like WWE-light. I'm thinking something around the way the ECW show was before it changed to NXT.

The reason for that is because it is a good place for the up and comers to get showcased. for example, yoshi tatsu got a lot of time on ECW but now that he's on RAW (at least I think he's on raw) he's kind of lost in the shuffle and is rarely seen outside of an occasional squash. same for zack ryder, although we see him a little more. having a third brand will allow these folks to have a forum to shine before making the jump to raw or smackdown.

also a third brand will give a place for the more seasoned folks to go to give them something to do if there isn't anything for them right now on raw or smackdown.

another option would be to have it be like another superstars show, but at least with a 3rd brand we have some sort of stories or rivalries, whereas superstars is pretty much random pairings against people who are on the roster but not important enough for the main shows.

I think they should just leave NXT, and once NXT runs it's course end it. Eventually, when the current set of NXTers have already assimilated themselves with the main rosters, and the FCW talent is replenished, they can bring the show back. I wouldn't want a third brand, that is a bad idea. We already saw how ECW suffered as the third brand, and it wouldn't work with an even smaller roster now. As for the idea for another "Superstars" type of show, no... just no. Superstars doesn't work anyway, why make another one?

Once NXT wraps up, should FCW take its place?

Basically ECW and NXT have been proving grounds and talent farms if you will for young superstars. But instead of just calling up a few at a time why not test the waters for all of them.

I mean it already has its own tv tapings, but with a better production and crowd this could get big, and feature tomorrows top stars.

It would also be a good chance to see the growth of the superstars, and see if they can make it.

So would this be a good or bad idea?
Thoughts please.

I like the idea, and could see it paying off, given that ECW and NXT have essentially been the same thing anyway. Would be worth trying at least, FCW has some talented wrestlers.

I preferred if NXT just became a third brand like the WWE ECW brand. The WWE ECW brand was able to take wrestlers from the NXT and introduce them with matches against veterans. I always thought that NXT was suppose to be just a new name, same ECW Sci Fi time slot. However, it turned differently. I feel the NXT name is perfect. Maybe not have veteran wrestlers tied down to NXT, but the ones from Raw or SmackDown could make appearances. Maybe keep the mentor/apprentice set up. Have a TV title for NXT since it makes sense, they have a TV time slot.

I also think that NXT should just be more like the ECW brand. Obviously it was nothing like ECW, so it needed a change. Do I like NXT as it is? Yes. Though I would prefer to have an actual regular third brand, such as WWECW. I don't think it should be replaced with FCW, however.

NXT is about taking the cream of the crop from FCW and putting them in prime time. Now, I know there's some wrestler's(like Otunga) who still need lots of training, but WWE has a reason for each of those guys to be on cable. Also, FCW is known for changing gimmicks and names around. I know that Percy Watson was just Chris McNeil and some point and I don't know if he had a gimmick yet. Point there is, obviously without a real name or gimmick, you're not gonna get over. FCW is great for expiermenting(sp?) with gimmicks in front of crowd to see what works and what doesn't, though not perfect.

IMO, like a poster before me, they should just take the wrestlers who are ready for the next level and give them their own brand and give them some actual pro's like WWECW had to feud with.

But as I've said, NXT is cool as is. It's pretty fly. My biggest concern is taking people from NXT and putting them into the Raw or Smakdown roster, but that's another thread.

The problem with putting FCW on national tv is that some of those guys will never be called up. It would be like putting minor league baseball on TBS or some other national channel. If they moved FCW to tv they would still need something to test out wrestlers and gimmicks.

So no, I think it should stay were it is at. Run FCW use it to help guys who need work on promos and maybe who have not been on tv before get experience. Then move some of those guys to NXT while still maybe debuting 1 or 2 guys on Smackdown or Raw. I would have 2 seasons of NXT a year. Maybe one every 8 months. With the winner moving over to Raw or Smackdown and send the others back to FCW to either debut later some where or every 3 or 4 season of NXT they could do a second chance season. Bring back some of the guys who lost and letting them run NXT again.

No, this is a terrible idea. The reason why it's called a "develepmental territory" is (whaddya know) because the wrestlers are there to DEVELOP until they're ready to be on WWE tv. Those guys are in FCW is to train, and fine tune their charecter so when they're called up to the main roster, they don't suck. Putting these unproven wrestlers on TV is a bad idea, and defeats the whole purpose of the company in the first place.

Agree on not have FCW as the 3rd brand. I live NXT but they need to mix it up. Maybe have a season of Tag teams or a Season of Divas (even though divas are the extra intermission). I like seeing the 8 rookies idea but it seems like season 2 NXT will be the other Nexus and they go at it or join them who knows. I don't think NXT will be around this fall with smackdown moving to ScFi.

Why would they bother? FCW is a developmental show, and NXT is practically just a 3rd show with talent that gets a on-screen storyline when they could easily all debut sooner or later on RAW, they would all be ready to debut actually. But FCW are filled with guys that are not ready to debut. Why would we want to watch that?

Why would we want to watch people that are either with ring rust, or barely even ready to start wrestling on the show. Considering FCW is a developmental promotion, which means they improve talent, that could practically have been wrestling for less than a year and is very very green.

FCW stays FCW, NXT will most likely just go away.

No, hell no. This is just bad. FCW is where guys go to learn, don't make that a show. The wrestling isn't good enough, and the production quality isn't that great. Plus, they already have a TV slot. When NXT wraps up leave the slot empty, no need for a third brand.

So when is NXT ending and if it is then the show will have to be its own no ranking and stuff just entertaining wrestling with superstars from wwe a whole new sow like smackdown was

FCW is defiantly what I wanna see replace NXT. NXT is good but do you not feel that NXT is flooding the current brands? These season 2 guys will hopefully go to SD! or Raw officially becomes overpopulated with talent.

Let these guys wrestle on a stable 3rd brand and still get introduced there anyways.

I'm really surprised that they're considering yet another NXT season. Not because it's a bad format (it's not, although it's not exactly great either), but as they proved with Eli Cottonwood and others, they're already running out of talent from FCW.

It's one thing to flood Raw and SD with FCW talent, it's another to flood Raw and SD with FCW talent that isn't ready.

It's not organic in anyway. It used to be that talent was bought to the main shows when they were ready. I'm missing WWECW more and more as I watch NXT.

if I was working for the wwe, I would drop NXT and move SD to Tuesday night to make it a live show every week that way they can improve their ratings and more people will watch it.

I am not a fan of a third brand cause thats what kinda mess things up a little bit.

They should NOT, under any circumstances, televise FCW. They need FCW to test out gimmicks and wrestlers, to see what works and what doesn't work. If a wrestler is in FCW, and his gimmick sucks, then what? just fire him? FCW is like a farm system. Developmental leagues have been serving their purpose for many years now.

And as others have said, I don't even want to see people who aren't ready for the big leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back