• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the next NXT Takeover truly the end?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
In the last week or so, their as been a lot of rumors centering around the fact that the next nxt takeover special might actually be the last nxt special and to put more fuel into the fire, the nxt brooklyn tickets have been taken off the ticketmaster website?

So with the brand split happening in july, do you guys think that it'S really the end as far as those nxt special are concern and if it's the case what will replace those specials and what happens to NXT as a brand?

I certainly would hope it isn't. There is a great need for a developmental system especially in WWE, and having something like OVW, DSW, and FCW just isn't the way to go anymore.

I hope they don't end these specials, they are damm good. Interesting bit of news just out, the wwe has pulled it from their website as well. Maybe they are changing the name or venues. Let's home they will update it later and we'll still get to see it.

Might also be the brand split is shaking things up and we'll see a lot of call ups from NXT to balance out the new rosters.

IF the reports of how the roster is going to be divided up are legit, then nearly all of the top tier talent in NXT is heading to the main roster. Nia Jax, Bayley, Finn Balor, The Revival, Shinsuke Nakamura, Austin Aries, Blake & Murphy, Alexa Bliss, etc. are included on this rumored list so maybe the TakeOver specials will be sidelined for a little while so that the NXT roster can be rebuilt with fresher faces and brought up to par.

Nothing will replace those specials.. There's already enough WWE programming as it is., they should seriously think about cutting back, before the product gets stale again, like it's been the past few year's. They're trying to breath some life into WWE, no need to overwhelm the fans with shows that don't need to be around.

Nothing will replace those specials.. There's already enough WWE programming as it is., they should seriously think about cutting back, before the product gets stale again, like it's been the past few year's. They're trying to breath some life into WWE, no need to overwhelm the fans with shows that don't need to be around.

I disagree. The NXT stuff is the breath of fresh air, as it's different from what the main roster is doing.

No. Jesus. Stop looking too much into the whole "The End" thing. As much as people want to slam WWE for "not knowing how to do business" or "not do what's right" in their own dumb little heads, you want to honestly sit and debate that it's the end of NXT? Please. NXT is arguably the most successful thing WWE has done. A brand that has no "main roster stars" being able to sell out the same arena a WWE PPV event can do is special. I can't say things much simpler than if you honestly think that the name of a special signifies the end of NXT, then you're absolutely out of your mind and are one of the most gullible people on this Earth.

Nxt might be getting put on hiatus briefly after all a good portion of the roster is going to the main roster leaving them pretty light on talent.

I hope that it isn't the end but I think that it is .

As JackHammer stated, there are rumours of almost every NxT star joining the main roster after brand split which leaves behind NxT with nothing to deal with.

I personally think that main roster might be too overcrowded after it gets all of the NxT talents at once. But I believe that I need to give WWE enough time.

It's in WWE hands, It can break it or make it.

Seriously? Is this topic for real? The End refers to this takeover being the conclusion of the Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe feud and features a suitably feud ending Steel Cage Match.
Although many previous Takeover's have been named after the city that they were staged in many have been named for the theme or featured feud of the show examples being Arrival (the 1st show), Rival and Unstoppable (Zayn vs. Owens), Respect (Sasha vs. Bailey), Fatal 4-Way (Adrian Neville's 4 Way defense). The End is just a continuation of this pattern.

So they create a multi-million dollar performance center in Florida, spend years building the NXT brand into something special, and sign a bunch of new stars... Only to shut it down this summer. Yeah. That makes perfect sense.

It's the end of Balor on the NXT roster, and probably Bayley too. Those two names leaving is enough to warrant a PPV themed around it. It's also the end of NXT's 3rd era. It may be the end of their PPVs being labelled Takeover, too.

But it's not the end of NXT, because that would make zero sense, unless NXT is somehow losing a ridiculous amount of money for the company.

Nope it's not going to be the end I reckon. Triple H has posted the location for the next locations of live events for NXT. If this takeover is going to be the end, he wouldn't have made that post. We can't count that as a credible source but I'm just saying that idea would be asinine to end NXT. It gives an excellent opportunity to build a star who're not familiar with the WWE universe. For instance, take a look at Enzo and Cass!

NXT won't end and I don't believe any rumors that the main roster is going to suck NXT dry. They'll probably take a handful of people off NXT and that's it.

The main page has updated the story. Apparently they have new logo's and the event will still take place on August 20th over Summerslam weekend at the Barclay's Centre.

It was pulled from WWE.com and Ticketmaster to update the event information and get rid of the outdated logo's. So Takeover Brooklyn or The End or whatever they are going to call it will still take place.

That makes no sense. NXT is a separate brand. You don't have to watch it to keep up with stories. If it's too much, then....don't watch it? Some people watch NXT more routinely than they watch Raw. Keep it as an alternative.

All this hysteria over NXT ending is classic IWC pack mentality. Reading into things. NXT isn't ending. It's a cash cow and creates stars. Jesus Christ.

Some of those specials are better than the main roster PPV's. The guys and gals from NXT put on a fantastic show, and it's been mentioned more than once, have shown up what the main roster does.

I don't get where you're coming from with the amount of programming. No one says you have to watch it all, I don't, I'm sure others don't either. It's a choice, one that you make on your own. Just because you don't want them doesn't mean other's don't. Please don't pretend to speak for all WWE fans. Actually reading some of your posts, I'm left wondering if you are a fan at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back