Vince on ECW tn--What does the brand's future hold?

Big Daddy Fool

One Man Rock Band
From WWE.com

Tonight Mr. McMahon himself will appear in the Land of the Extreme to address the WWE Universe on the future of ECW! Don't miss this important announcement, tonight at 10/9 CT on Syfy!

For the last few months, it has been rumored that there will be a major overhaul with the ECW Brand. Rumors consisted of the possibility of the dropping of the beloved letters, and make it a show concentrated solely on young, up and coming talent. SyFy hasn't been happy with the shows 0.9 ratings and since it is a science fiction network, they would like more sci-fi related or conspiracy theory like storylines.

I think it is time for a change in the brand. IT is ECW is name-only it is so much a shell of it's former self it is unrecognizable. I do not think they should discontinue the brand (and WWE feels the same way) because it has an important place within the company. With the influx of talent on the other two brands bringing up new-talent can be next to impossible and ECW has proved to be a breeding ground for up and comers. Kofi, Punk, Seamus, Bourne and swagger all debuted on the brand with, Morrison and Miz breaking out during their time with ecw.

This should be how the show operates and have it be the focus/gimmick of the brand. They'll have some tagline where the future stars come to play, something corny like that. It will also allow to see if what guys have it or don't seeing if they sink or swim on television much like they are doing now with the talent initiative.

What are your guys thoughts on Vince's appearance on ECW tonight and what yo uthink the future might hold for the brand?

*** Please delete thread. I did not mean to make multiple postings. I must've overlooked the previous thread on the topic when looking to see if there was already one. I apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back