The Defending Champion goes home in Round 1

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
That's right, the Undertaker goes home in round 1. When you talk about shit draws, the Undertaker got it. If people remember, are open minded, and do their research, The Great Khali goes over the Undertaker in round 1.

153829413_cab8ee230a.jpg

That's the lasting image of their first one on one match. The match was non gimmick, Khali was in his prime, and the Undertaker was just 3 months removed from probably the best match of his career against Kurt Angle, so to say Taker wasn't in great shape when he faced Khali is an understatement.

The Deadman, the Phenom, the American Bad Ass, all of that, was laid out on his ass as the Great Khali stood on top of him and pinned him with one foot.

You SHOULD be right. Unfortunately, too many people around here will be sheeps and vote for Undertaker because "he's da collestz!".

The Great Khali has proven he is greater than the Undertaker. He's bigger, he's stronger and he's younger. It's the very first round, so endurance is not an issue. The Great Khali has an entire country behind him, and the Undertaker just has a bunch of hypocrites who will condemn any kind of a "cartoonish" gimmick, while simultaneously hailing the Undertaker as the greatest ever.

The Great Khali should win this. And to anyone with an ounce of intelligence, he will.

As much as a Undertaker fan I am, I do think he has a strong chance of losing in the 1st round. I don't think he's ever beaten Khali one-on-one in a non-gimmick match. Most people have forgotten what transpired at Judgment Day in 2006 but I sure haven't. Khali took it to Taker and he couldn't fight back. Mostly everybody hates Khali so they won't vote for him but Khali can pull off the upset.

This is true, but I think it is important to remember that we are not WWE executives wanting to get our money's worth out of the Punjabi Nightmare before he irreparably damages his knees.

Reactions: NSL
This is true, but I think it is important to remember that we are not WWE executives wanting to get our money's worth out of the Punjabi Nightmare before he irreparably damages his knees.
Are you trying to insinuate that the match they wrestled was fixed by the WWE? Those are some strong allegations.

Instead of dealing with ridiculous theories, let's deal with facts. And the fact is, that the Great Khali beat the Undertaker clean in the non-gimmicked match.

Khali > Undertaker.

Are you trying to insinuate that the match they wrestled was fixed by the WWE? Those are some strong allegations.

Instead of dealing with ridiculous theories, let's deal with facts. And the fact is, that the Great Khali beat the Undertaker clean in the non-gimmicked match.

Khali > Undertaker.

You are right, I retract my statement. Actually, come to think of it, The Undertaker has lost the first match in almost every feud he's ever been in. So, about 90% of all the wrestlers The Undertaker has faced are better than him. Well, if only more people would accept the truth, even though it hurts.

Jake was the first one to say it! I was the first to agree. Me and him, such mavericks. Ahead of our time.

But yeah, when The Undertaker first faced Khali, I believe he was in his prime. This is an Undertaker that is still inhuman and nigh on indestructible, but has athleticism and technique to throw into the mix. The perfect mix. And Khali beat him. I can't remember him having a particularly difficult time in doing so, either.

It's a sad day for me. Unfortunately, it's got to be said. El Canek just isn't nearly as good as Jeff Jarrett. Oh, and The Undertaker should go out to Khali, but wiill the votes reflect that?

Edit: In the event of Khali winning, it'll be interesting to see the momentum he gains. Perhaps he won't be stopped... until Hulkamania runs wild on his ass! Or Cenamania.

Here's the funny dynamic - we are supposed to consider these guys when they are in their primes. In his singles match vs The Undertaker, Khali was damn sure in his prime. And his prime was far greater than the primes of the big men 'Taker has put down before, such as Kamala, Giant Gonzales, etc.

But when was the Undertaker's prime? Deadman days vs Hogan? Wrestlemania 13? If so, he's finished. The only chance Taker would have against Khali is NOW, in his broken down state, using triangle chokes and omaplatas to get opponents to tap out. But that's not Undertaker's prime, so it's out.

I am not totally sold either way, but the fact that we have a defending champ being teased as a first round exit is really interesting.

And Sam, Canek > Jarrett and you know it. Stop being such a sheep yourself my friend.

The problem with the submission holds, is yes, Taker could probably make Khali tap out if he locked it on, but I can't remember the Undertaker getting Khali off his feet when they first met, outside of any of the gimmick matches. Plus Khali pinned him with a foot, he didn't even put himself in that laying down position to allow the Deadman to lock on the Triangle Choke.

The only thing that could remotely be similar is the Giant Gonzalez against the Undertaker, and even the Undertaker couldn't beat him at Mania. Gonzalez lost by DQ because he decided to choke the Deadman out with ether. The Undertaker has a very good history of beating big men and superheavyweights, but when he gets in the ring with these huge abominations, he gets dominated.

Well all the seats on the controversy express seem to have been taking, so I guess it falls to lil old me to ride the rational rail in the opposite direction.

For a start, as memory serves, Khali's only tangible successes again Taker amount to jumping him in a match against Mark Henry and then destroying him in a match that Undertaker was quite clearly winning prior to outside interference from Divari.

Now, only a few months after that Khali lost to Taker in a last man standing match. Now I can just about see what people are claiming about guys being "in their prime", but to take a 30 day snapshot is going to make things ridiculous. I specifically remember Umaga, Gene Snitsky, Vladimir Kozlov and more or less every other monster heel in the history of professional wrestling going through a period where they were booked as untouchable... but if we were to apply this logic for all of them then we'd have a pretty crappy tournament.

I won't loose any sleep voting for Undertaker.

So most of you agree with Jake then? Cool. It put so much thought into it that I actually watched the match again. On fast forward, obviously.

I'm sure most people would consider The Undertaker of today to be in his prime. Probably because people expect him to get something out of almost anyone, unlike 10 plus year's ago when it was almost a guarantee he'd have one of the worst matches on the card.

So if his prime year's are 2004/2009 then he's fucked.

That's right, the Undertaker goes home in round 1. When you talk about shit draws, the Undertaker got it. If people remember, are open minded, and do their research, The Great Khali goes over the Undertaker in round 1.

If you were open minded and would have done your research, you would have realized that some 15 or so years earlier, the Undertaker was in a reversed role...facing who many believe is the greatest of all-time. And Taker won.

Survivor_Series_1991.jpg

Sure Khali defeated Taker. But what did he do after that? He had some piddly world title push that was nothing to write home about...and then he started fighting Hornswoggle and trying to make out with women in the ring. What did the Undertaker do? Oh, he went on to be 16-0 at Wrestlemania (winning world titles at 3 of them), being the sick individual who threw Foley off of the cell, the guy who has overcome DEATH 3 times....how many times has Khali resurrected from the dead? ZERO times. That's correct. He was also the only guy to have a significant title victory over Stone Cold during his year and a half untouchable streak (I excluded Kane for several reasons).

Also, the fact that Khali's "prime" is so black and white makes the victory seem more and more like a fluke. His prime was then. When was Taker's prime? Hmmm...a bit harder to pinpoint. Why? Because he's had an amazing career, shining at many stages and eras. Khali was a force for maybe a few months.

If Khali wins, then I will barf.

Really can't agree with the argument here, which is basically that 'Taker lost to Khali once, ignoring the various times he's beaten him. It's the routine 'Taker works - gets his ass beat by big guy, comes back, demolishes them. I mean, look at the laundry list of big men 'Taker has beaten:

King Kong Bundy, Diesel, Kane, the Big Bossman, the Big Show, A-Train, Mark Henry, and Hogan even. And that was all in his prime. Not to mention the various acts of violence he's known to commit, i.e., cell tossing, cell hanging, crucifixion, etc., etc. A prime Undertaker is a beast who cannot be stopped. A prime Khali is just another big man.

History shows what, more often than not, happens to the big man when they showdown with the Undertaker.

Really can't agree with the argument here, which is basically that 'Taker lost to Khali once, ignoring the various times he's beaten him.

Actually, the argument was that Khali's prime was incredibly short-lived. Short-lived as it was, it also showed him making short work of The Undertaker. According to many - including myself - The Undertaker at that time was the best Undertaker that there has ever been.

It's the routine 'Taker works - gets his ass beat by big guy, comes back, demolishes them.

Not so great in a tournament scenario.

And that was all in his prime.

No, it wasn't.

Not to mention the various acts of violence he's known to commit, i.e., cell tossing, cell hanging, crucifixion, etc., etc.

Khali's a bit big for that. Besides, where can you get a cell from at this hour?

A prime Undertaker is a beast who cannot be stopped.

Oh, he got stopped alright.

A prime Khali is just another big man.

Who beat the prime Undertaker.

History shows what, more often than not, happens to the big man when they showdown with the Undertaker.

Is it this?

khalipinstaker.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back