The Crowd at Raw Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what everybody is saying, this crowd was fcking awesome!

Every match was like a MAIN EVENT!

They respond well to every wrestler!

Hilarious chants such as "Si!" for Del Rio.

They boo the immensely overrated Sheamus who is shoved down our throats.

WE WANT LESNAR WAS AWESOME!

And of course, Daniel Bryan gets the reception he deserves even after jobbing yesterday. (You screwed up WWE)

Hell yes! WWE dropped the ball with DB! Sheamus sucks and glad the guy gets no respect tonight.

I watched Heat in the NBA finals twice and the Dolphins when Marino was around (granted not during his best season, although that's not saying much), and I have never seen a Miami crowd make this much noise in my life. In previous posts, I claimed that Miami fans aren't very good, and I was proven wrong tonight. Awesome crowd that got into pretty much everything (except Tensai for some reason, even though I personally thought he did exactly what he was supposed to).

One thing that irks me is that Daniel Bryan is getting more of a positive reaction now than he ever has before. Where was all of this support when he first won his title, or where was this heat when he was doing cowardly things during his heel turn? I'm glad that he's getting the reaction that I think he deserves, but I just wish it happened for him earlier.

The crowd is hot, but it is louder than last night due to Raw being indoors. The sound goes straight out of the stadium and doesn't circulate in an outdoor stadium.

I touched on this earlier and again in this thread. I hate watching outdoor events on TV. The crowd does not come across at all. I understand the need to hold outdoor events due to the size of the stadiums, but I have to believe watching mania on PPV would have been a lot better had it been indoors.

I felt like a 10 year old tonight watching raw.The crowd made the show amazing,plus the matches,the rock,oh yeah and BROCK LESNAR!!!I seriously mark out tonight.I really hoping the crowd from tonight will make it carry on to other events.First time in a Very very long time I enjoyed raw and didnt channel surf during it.I know it was only WrestleMania and the raw after but please god let WWE keep this up.

The crowd was freaking awesome. Raw in general was awesome. It definitely had an old school feel, I think a lot of great things are in store for the WWE.

Personally, i find the crowd annoying. They keep chanting for Daniel Bryan, or chanting "Yes yes yes". Don't get me wrong, its great that the crowd is hot, but its annoying when they won't stop chanting the same damn thing.

I like Daniel Bryan too, but crowds like that that seem to have no respect for the other wrestlers.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing :) WWE tries to forcefeed its fans what it thinks is best for business ie Sheamus toppling Bryan, in an 18 second match I might add. Dont forget Cm Punk's run from summer fizzling out like a dud firecracker. And ofcourse having Ryder in a wheelchair acting in a supporting role to Cena when Zakk was just getting going. Did anyone enjoy the Flo Rider and Heath Slater confrontation at WM? Anyone? Or WWE using Ziggler as an enhancement character after having him drop the US title; I could go on.

The commentary and the talent is so scripted in most cases and it often seems to go against what fans want. I dont just mean the IWC either; ask any WWE fan and their opinion on the 18 second debacle and they will tell you it was a waste of a potentially awesome Wrestlemania opener.

Forcing a bland Sheamus who's connection with the audience relies on being slightly menacing whilst saying 'fella' a lot in a passive agressive manner does not constitute world championship material. Its good to see fans REACTING to this for once and not cheering and booing when the wrestlers cue you too. The fans at tonights Raw were vocal in their opinions and it might not have been what certain wrestlers or what Vince wanted to hear, but they need to start listening.

Kudo's to WWE for taking chances on the Zigglers, the Punks, the Ryders and Rhodes and so on. But they never properly pull that trigger do they? Punk nearly had it. The scales of wrestling justice leaned slightly in our favour if only for one brilliant moment at MITB.

Listen to your audience Vince.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing :) WWE tries to forcefeed its fans what it thinks is best for business ie Sheamus toppling Bryan, in an 18 second match I might add. Dont forget Cm Punk's run from summer fizzling out like a dud firecracker. And ofcourse having Ryder in a wheelchair acting in a supporting role to Cena when Zakk was just getting going. Did anyone enjoy the Flo Rider and Heath Slater confrontation at WM? Anyone? Or WWE using Ziggler as an enhancement character after having him drop the US title; I could go on.

The commentary and the talent is so scripted in most cases and it often seems to go against what fans want. I dont just mean the IWC either; ask any WWE fan and their opinion on the 18 second debacle and they will tell you it was a waste of a potentially awesome Wrestlemania opener.

Forcing a bland Sheamus who's connection with the audience relies on being slightly menacing whilst saying 'fella' a lot in a passive agressive manner does not constitute world championship material. Its good to see fans REACTING to this for once and not cheering and booing when the wrestlers cue you too. The fans at tonights Raw were vocal in their opinions and it might not have been what certain wrestlers or what Vince wanted to hear, but they need to start listening.

Kudo's to WWE for taking chances on the Zigglers, the Punks, the Ryders and Rhodes and so on. But they never properly pull that trigger do they? Punk nearly had it. The scales of wrestling justice leaned slightly in our favour if only for one brilliant moment at MITB.

I'll second that comment.

Sheamus is HHH's cabana and towel boy hence the push!I'm glad the crowd show'd him no respect tonight. We KNOW he's doesn't write the script but his BF has a major input into it. WWE fans just voicing their opinion but as usual VMK and HHH don't care and won't listen,

Crowd was totally insane! It was the best overall Raw in a long time. Love the the chants from the crowd. Punk and Henry had a solid match and the Jericho post match promo was awesome. Plus the Brock Lesnar return, YES! YES! YES!

Makes you wonder, if Sheamus vs Bryan didn't end the way it did, would the crowd be as obsessed with Bryan as they were? Could losing in such a fashion actually help Bryan?

I agree, the crowd at Raw tonight did a stellar job of adding entertainment value to the show. What helped was that the wrestlers actually fed off the crowd and interacted with them, particularly Rock & Cena. Excellent Raw IMO, the crowd really pushed it up a notch too.

It certainly didn't hurt that the show was pretty damn good top to bottom. It's the best Raw I've seen in years.

So as to stay on topic, I know exactly how they can keep bringing in hot crowds... It's simple, do like they did in the Attitude Era and make every single episode matter. There are months at a time I don't watch Raw and just read the results and while reading I think: "I didn't miss anything". If you missed a Raw from late 97-WM17, you were going to miss something.

I think a lot of it is that with all the older stars somewhat back in the picture (rock, lesnar, taker, hhh, jericho, hbk, etc) it is forcing some of the regular talent to step up their game. Guys like Miz, Santino, Dolph, Punk, Ryder, DB, and more are all acting like it's go time again. TV time is being handed out for effort and crowd reaction and not because wwe just randomly picked someone to be in a random spot.

I don't know if this change and seemingly company wide drive to have "business pick up" is because of the new network, or Raw's contract with US expiring soon or the transition of power between vince and hhh; but something has been different the last two nights. Even Cole (except for the JL segments) has been toned down, calling matches, commenting on feuds, and seems really focused.

On a side note, people complaining about the crowd support of DB being annoying is just horrible. Are you not old enough to remember crowds chanting for Austin and Rock in 97 and 98 even when they weren't on the shows? The crowd used to dictate who got pushes, who became a jobber, who was on tv, who was champion. Just because the last half dozen years WWE has been telling the fans who to cheer for instead of listening to the fans tell them who they want to cheer for does not make it a smart way of doing business...

More and more I think most of the positive things that have happened in the last year are because of HHH slowly getting the reigns handed to him by Vince. If the past year is any indication of what the product is going to be like going forward, the next few years will more than make up for the horrible product they put out from 06-10... (and no, one or two good matches a year does not equate a good product)

The crowd tonight ruled. I can only hope that the whole "YES!" (and maybe "SI!") thing will be the next "WHAT?" phenomenon. They really were fired up. I enjoyed the show for the crowd reaction as much as what was going on. Oh yeah, and Lesnar returning was awesome.

Yes.

Let's see if I can say this without coming off as bitter. Do the fans really know what in the hell they want? It was the FANS who cheered a heel Cena until Vince was forced to turn him face. It was the FANS who cheered a heel Orton until Vince was forced to turn him face. It was the FANS who cheered a heel Punk until Vince was forced to turn him face. The majority of recent face turns have been forced by the fans, but Vince doesn't listen? And then the same guys that Vince turns face end up being booed by the same fans who cheered like crazy in order for them to turn face. Fans got behind Sheamus initially with his face turn, yet now he's booed because he's a face champion. Where was the love for Bryan all during his hunt for the title? Where was all this love for Bryan during his run that seemingly NO ONE cared about? Fans nowadays seem to complain for the sake of complaining. It's quite obvious that it's impossible to please each and every fan, but why fuck it up for others who just want to enjoy the show by becoming ECW reject attention ****es? Okay, I'm done.

Makes you wonder, if Sheamus vs Bryan didn't end the way it did, would the crowd be as obsessed with Bryan as they were? Could losing in such a fashion actually help Bryan?

It seems like it is going to help, having Bryan lose in 18 seconds as opposed to an extended squash. Honestly though, the jobs might keep coming for Daniel Bryan with reactions like this.

And maybe I just misheard this, but I though Cole said we were going to "hear from Sheamus next" sometime early in the first hour of Raw. And then Sheamus didn't make it out to the ring until like an hour later sometime during the second hour. If this is true, it would seem that this hot Miami crowd caused a quick rewrite of the script. If not and I just misheard or misunderstood, I apologize for wasting people's time with reading this paragraph.

I don't feel like deleting all the SPAM in here. if you want to discuss this, do it in the Raw Aftermath and Review Thread stickied in the WWE Television Section.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back