The Biggest week in WWE for 2009?

LEGEND KILLER

Occasional Pre-Show
So the word has hit the fan...actually every fan across the nation...WWE will announce today where it will hold RAW this coming monday and subsequently SMACKDOWN/ECW....

With last weeks RAW ratings jump one has to think WWE is going to stack and pre-anounce matches etc to make next weeks shows a BANG considering people will be very interested in watching and newcomers may even tune in to see what happens...

so the question remains...what do you think WWE will do for next weeks shows? What would you like to see?

Personally i think WWE should bring HHH back...he is a ratings booster IMO weather you like him or not and have him turn heel...have him turn on Flair for coming back and thinking he could wrestle again....remember the classic HHH and Flair put on RAW a few years back with the big celebration afterwards? Thats # 1, #2 stack the card.....put in some big matches give the audience something to want to watch....# 3 start off the show with a bang.....a shock...something huge...maybe RAW opens with McMahon's music and he cuts a promo on the NBA, maybe HHH music hits....bring someone back...shock factor is great...this is not going to happen but who in this world wouldnt be thrown back if RAW opens and someone like Hulk Hogan or The Rock came out...i know that WONT happen but for people who are tuned in who dont watch WWE on a regular and are watching to see how everything plays out wouldnt it be nice for them to see a personality they remember? Everybody knows Hogan and The Rock....

let me know....

I think your right. Although WWE has already announced a "Playoff Match" for Raw with Legacy, Orton, Big Show, and The Miz vs Cena, MVP, Batista, King and a "player to be named later" which im guessing will more than likely be Flair, but what if it its someone else, like The Rock, HHH, Hogan as the Main event. Hype it up from start to finish on the show dropping hints the whole show saying its a former world champion etc etc.

Also have CM Punk cash in the money in the bank to start the show off, so a huge bang to start the show.

Its got the potential to be huge, so we shall see..... Ill be tuning in for sure!

I agree with Baken, they have to hype up the 5th "player" throughout the night sorta like before No Mercy 2008 where they hinted at a DX return and it actually happened.

I don't see any kind of shocker going down at all. Maybe Punk will cash in his MITB, but we'll see. Honestly unless Angle, or Lesnar come rolling out I could care less who the 5th player is. It isn't like we don't know who is in WWE developmental territories. Unless it is someone not under WWE contract there should be no "shock" value.

I don't see any kind of shocker going down at all. Maybe Punk will cash in his MITB, but we'll see. Honestly unless Angle, or Lesnar come rolling out I could care less who the 5th player is. It isn't like we don't know who is in WWE developmental territories. Unless it is someone not under WWE contract there should be no "shock" value.

Ratings going up means that new viewers are tuning in, and with WWE being in the news big time all week, it's potentially a huge deal who the 5th player is. People who are on these boards watch RAW anyways, so if there is a shock, it won't be meant for us. A return of HHH or someone else could make a huge difference for someone who has just casually started to tune in. Who cares if the IWC knows who's coming back, when the casual viewer will have no idea.

They definitely have to make this some sort of super show. I think they messed up by putting basically all the main event level talent that's currently on the show in a single match, but if they put on a good show I guess it could pay off. There's also a few things I am personally against, but I can see happening just to bring in new fans/renew old fans interest.

The mystery 5th player in the main event could be HHH or HBK, which would be good, but I think it might be Flair, which would probably renew interest with all sorts of ex-fans.

Also, I really hope they don't, but I could see them bringing Dx back for the night. They might just have a match together, and I think that would do the trick for pumping up up the fans.

They should have The Miz do something extra special on Monday! His calling out people has obviously gotten him a lot of attention, so make him do something a little more extreme this week. Maybe have him call out someone who will come out, maybe have him interrupt a John Cena promo or come out during the 10 man tag match. I think if The Miz is going to step up, this Monday would be a great time.

Hold off on too much Santino/Santina comedy for a night. Last week we saw too much of this story line. It's pretty funny, but extremely stupid. That's not too say they can't have Santina come out and cut a little bit of a promo about losing her title, but they shouldn't go overboard with it last week.

Everyone wants a huge shock Monday. But you know who they're going to shock? The casual fans? Sure. But the new people that will be watching won't know what the fuck is going on, or that they're supposed to be surprised.

I think this Monday's Raw will be in a much better way if they went with what Raw is supposed to show: Top of the line storylines and wrestling. Give Orton his 5 minutes to bore us on the mic and leave it at that. The "Playoff Match" is a perfect chance to showcase the talent Raw has. All of their heavy hitters are in that match. The 5th player so desperately needs to be Triple H or HBK. Ric Flair needs to be no where near that match. Because if I were a new viewer, I'd definitely be wondering why everyone likes a old guy, and why he's clearing the floor with the younger guys (as he inevitably will be).

So screw the surprises. Just give us good wrestling and storylines. That's all that's needed to get the new viewers. Let them know what WWE is really about.

I doubt this Monday's show will be fantastic. In fact, I'm going on record saying that it will in fact be TERRIBLE. Why? Because it means they'll be filming all four shows at the same time. You really think they're going to have 4 solid shows of amazing wrestling and awesome promos? Hell no. They're going to cut some matches short and fill in the space with extra commercials, plugs for WWE.com, more rewinds, and all that crap that makes it frustrating to watch. That's why they're doing the 10-man tag match. It allows them to get lots of their guys in with less of the time.

I don't see any MITB cash-in. I don't see any massive returns. I don't see anything really out of the blue happening. I see a show that is booked with half the content and filled in with nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back