Brodus Clay Set to Return to RAW Supershow...Next Week

I like the look of him. He's got the old school monster vibe about him (like King Kong Bundy, Earthquake, One Man Gang etc) but with a modern twist. It's nice to se the WWE moving away from the cocky heel character for a change, considering that every heel in there now is essentially the same character, slightly, slight tweaked in order for them to feign individuality. Not a big fan of his finisher, the avalanche/cross body combo, I think he could do with something more impactful (NOT ANOTHER POWERBOMB OR CHOKESLAM!!!) But yes, I do think if used right, Brodus could be another monster heel for when Mark Henry is finally finished, he needs to be given a "Henryesque" air of invincibility, but being a 400lb man who can move, talk, and who was a former bodyguard, I don't think that will be a problem

I'd like to see a pure domination type angle. Where he is just destroying lower midcarders until a face steps up to him.

Have a backstage spot with CM Punk when he finally regains the WWE Title where Brodus just tells him "I know there's a line for that (Title). Just be there when I get to the front."

Imply that he aint stopping until he is the champ...

I haven't seen much of Brodus Clay outside of his NXT elimination in which he cut a pretty awesome heat magnet promo and his alliance with Del Rio on Smackdown but I think I like him. He's got an interesting look and moves fairly well in the ring for someone his size. I also enjoyed watching the promos hyping up his return. Since he's going to be on RAW, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clay be thrust straight into the main event picture as Del Rio's bodyguard again and beating Punk down now and then. It might be possible, should WWE go down that route, to see Clay turn on Del Rio and go face a la Alex Riley. Only hopefully, he can maintain momentum should that happen. A world title run is certainly not something I'd rule out, especially with a guy who almost no one took seriously as world champ a year ago like Mark Henry as the world champ. Probably not anytime in the foreseeable future but I'm sure it can happen.

After seeing him exposed on NXT by that punching machine I can't take him serious as a monster walking through people. I think he had the weakest punch of the group? Also, unlike Henry brodus' girth comes from lots of fat, big belly n chest. Henry is just more believable as a monster. Remember the jacuzzi scene? He is just enormous with lots of muscle.

1. No, not yet, i don't care what all of you say but for me right now he's just another big guy, but i do believe that he doesn't fit the cliche of big guy who can't talk and has 5 move's.

2. Smackdown! for sure, because lets face it, who does Smackdown have right now? Sure they have Rhodes and Barrett, but their going to have to build them up, and that could take months, with Show returning it doe's add one more player to the main-event scene, but Smackdowns! upper-card still looks bleak to me, so if they can bring in Brodus Clay, and build him up correctly, then maybe he could be the top player that SD! needs.

3. Maybe as a "Virgil" for Cody Rhodes during his I-C Title reign, then eventually seperating and causing a feud between the two for the I-C Title.

4. Big guy, and if he plays his cards right, a big future.

WWE sees raw as it's number 1 show...even though they are re hashing him on raw there's still a chance he will end up on SD next week...kind of ohh you liked that Brodus Clay guy well you can check him out on SD on fri to...Plus raw is a super show wrestlers for raw and SD wrestle on raw...There's prob no set plan for him to stay on Raw's crowded roster and fight for air time.

As far as what I see for him...Maybe if he moves to SD he can plow through people for a while and than have a monster heel feud with Mark Henery to help get him more over he can win a few but not the title...As far as I know Henery really hasn't lost at all since the Hall of pian push and a win could sky rocket Clay to at least a mid card title run.

Well I'm actually looking forward to King Hippo debuting next week.

I think he has a unique look and definitely has potential. You can definitely do a lot with someone like King Hippo if he can step up to the plate. Sure the guy has some seasoning to do but I've definitely seen worse and his uniqueness can take him a long way if he capitalizes on it. Hippo is different and that can work to his advantage.

To answer the questions:

Do you see a WWE/World Title reign in the future of Brodus Clay?

He has the potential to be one down the road but once again it all depends on how he capitalizes on his opportunities and shows growth over time, pretty much with any superstar.

Would you rather Clay be on Raw or Smackdown?

At this point RAW because they already have a monster heel in Henry and Hippo would just get overlooked. RAW would suit him better at this time.

Any particular feuds you'd like to see him in?

Not sure yet, personally for a bit I would like to see him destroy guys and move into a feud later on based on the push he gets. No one is really sticking out right now.

kinghippo.jpg

Vickie Guerrero would be wise to sign this man to her stable. I know with her whole Cougar gimmick she likes the pretty boys, but her and Clay could a huge boost to both their careers by working together.

Clay is a big monster, with instant heat by being signed to Vickie, it would give people a reason to boo him straight away.

Also Dolph and Swagger haven't been getting any wins lately. Vickie needs someone who can gets some ticks in the win column, and Brodus is that guy. Lawler talks smack, have Brodus come down to ringside and put him through a table. Same goes for anyone including Cena.

^^ I think thats a good idea actually. Definate winner, he'd be mass over as a monster heel if placed with Vickie's stable.

For the stable to be taken seriously though, Dolph really needs to be made the leader.

Also, RAW is a supershow right - so RAW and SD talents.

Brodus is debuting on RAW, but that doesn't mean his a raw superstar??

I think a massive feud between him and mason ryan would do wonders for both of them. especially since they're both sort of in the same position, trying to make an impact, and get over. its a win-win

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back