My thoughts on Brodus Clay

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
I have made some posts on Brodus Clay before but I'm curious as to what you guys think about him. There was someone I posted who respectfully disagreed with me about him.

Due to the lack of establushed superstars, especially faces in WWE, the company has tried its best to push new stars, and fast. Some have worked- such as Sheamus and The Miz. Others have not- such as Jack Swagger and apparently Alberto Del Rio. Not everybody can main event. Not everybody can be champion. Somebody who can main event would have be someone very special- one who has the complete package. I think Sheamus has this. And there is somebody else who I think has this too. Judging by the title, you know I think it's Brodus Clay.

He's currently away from filming a movie. Filming a movie may not have done Ted DiBiase any favors but I see Brodus as just everything. Skip Sheffield hasn't been on TV for close to a year, Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson while could be credible on the higher card, I just don't see them panning out. Brodus Clay, on the otherhand, has it all.

The guy weighs 364 pounds. That's quite a bit. So he has believability. He could be a monster heel for sure that squashes people and the crowd could believe it.

His look just SCREAMS "Don't fuck with me" it's so badass. It's unique. It stands out. I can see him playing a henchman in a Bond movie.

He moves quite well and is rather impressive in the ring.

For those who have never heard him talk:

YouTube - ‪WWE NXT: Brodus Clay is eliminated from WWE NXT‬‏
YouTube - ‪WWE NXT: Johnny Curtis and Brodus Clay face off before their match‬‏

If booked as a bully monster heel and not the chickenshit heel like Sheamus was, I think the crowd could really eat it up. I could see him feuding with Orton and Cena and the crowd REALLY getting behind those two against the big bad Brodus Clay.

Perhaps I am out of my mind but I see something special in him. There are a lot of wrestlers who are really good in one area but not so good in another. There is nothing I can think of, except lack of experience, that Brodus Clay does not have.

He is absolutely the real deal. Brodus Clay and Sheamus are both a dying breed who can talk, wrestle, have a great look and all make it believable at the same time. We all talk about this wrestler not being ready or this one not being ready but Brodus is one of the few guys I can think of who can go straight to the main event and it would work.

It makes me wonder how he could be booked. I was very intrigued at him saying he's going to take their heroes away. I think he could get massive heat and I think one way would be when he comes back, I would have it where on an episode of RAW, Santino is playing his old games again and then he decides to pull a prank backstage but Brodus is the victim and then Brodus challenges Santino to a match, causing Santino to be in the dog pound with him. This would be good for a couple of weeks since, despite his comedy character, Santino is one of the most over guys on the roster.

I also wondering what if every week he started the hometown heroes challenge where he beats up somebody from that city (e.g. Evan Bourne in St. Louis) Since he seems to already be good at drawing heat based on his NXT promos, this would be good.

Then eventually Jerry Lawler decides to stand up to him and he puts Brodus over as well. If Cena will hold the title for a long time then I was wondering why Brodus couldn't beat him for the title a month or two after Wrestlemania?

In the meantime, after defeating the likes of Santino, the hometown heroes and Jerry Lawler, Brodus then feuds with some others like the likes of Big Show (who would tell him to pick on someone his own size) and Kane.

I was even thinking that Cena is out on the shelf to heal his injury and then HHH steps in and tells Brodus that the rampage must stop and he is becoming too vicious of an animal and that Brodus defeats HHH then as another way to put him over.

These were just some ideas. I know some seemed all over the place but it would have to take a crowd like Richmond to not hate this guy if he did some of the above stuff.

I like Brodus Clay. He sports an aggressive look, impressive set of skills in the ring and has the mic ability to get himself over. His aggressive look is different from most other WWE Superstars currently on the roster. He looks mean and has the height and size to be an intimidating superstar in the WWE. One of my only complaints with the WWE is the lack of huge men that can portray the monster type well. Brodus Clay (if given the chance) can be one of the most successful big men of this decade. He definitely has what it takes to get over with the WWE crowd; all he needs to do is polish himself up a bit, and take his time to get to the top of the WWE. Maybe change his god awful attire to something more menacing and get him into some good feuds with some established stars. I like Brodus, hopefully once he returns we will see him do something relevant.

In my opinion I like the attire. I think it really makes him stand out.

What is it that you think he needs to polish on?

In my opinion I like the attire. I think it really makes him stand out.

What is it that you think he needs to polish on?

His attire actually. He will never come across as a main eventer with the one piece he's sporting around. He's got a great look, but he needs some kind of all over attire. Remember how Bam Bam Bigelow looked with his fire suit thing. Imagine Bigelow without the all over suit, weird look. Brodus Clay looks great and all but I can't see him main eventing Wrestlemania the way he looks currently.

I think his in-ring work needs some improvement, but I think he can be a big star if he works on it. I'm not sure how he'll do without Del Rio at his side anymore.

He does have a very mean look, and the size to play a monster heel. I never really saw his mic work on NXT so I can't really comment on that.

However, I agree with the attire comments. He needs something that covers up how fat he is, as what he wears now emphasis his weight issues and makes me focus on that rather than his in-ring work, which is not too bad.

Perhaps something like Tazz wore in the WWE, the loose shirt, with the cut off sleeves and pants, I think something like that could look good. Maybe add some flames ala Bigelow. Anything is better than the one-piece he wears now.

Perhaps I'm the only one who likes that attire.

Anyway, Naitch, go ahead and youtube his NXT mic work. It's pretty damn good.

As for how he does without Del Rio on his side, he sure did draw some nice heat on NXT. People bash Del Rio for not drawing heat. He seems to know how to get people under their skin.

I believe that Big Clay has alot of future ahead of him. Personaly I believe if he trimmed off a bit of the fat he could be a hell of alot bigger threat around in the WWE. I believe however with Show and Mark ageing and about at retirement age they will keep Clay around no matter what. Because to me he proved in Nxt and on SD! that he can run with the big dogs in the ring. And he can cut a good promo.

The guy weighs 364 pounds. That's quite a bit. So he has believability. He could be a monster heel for sure that squashes people and the crowd could believe it.

His look just SCREAMS "Don't fuck with me" it's so badass. It's unique. It stands out. I can see him playing a henchman in a Bond movie.

He moves quite well and is rather impressive in the ring.

The dude SERIOUSLY needs to wrestle with pants on (Like Edge/Christian/Heath Slater)

Cottage cheese thighs + baby blue eyes + gelled hair doesn't "SCREAM "DON'T FUCK WITH ME!" imo

Ezekiel Jackson , now THAT is someone whos looks scream "DON'T FUCK WITH ME"

On the positive side I was touched when on NXT he once spoke about his upbringing and being an orphan and all of that , I really honestly think he would be better off and more naturally a face if you ask me :shrug:

The dude SERIOUSLY needs to wrestle with pants on (Like Edge/Christian/Heath Slater)

Cottage cheese thighs + baby blue eyes + gelled hair doesn't "SCREAM "DON'T FUCK WITH ME!" imo

Face? Lulz.

I don't know how Brodus Clay's look is anything but monster heel. His story about his upbringing and all that is a nice touch for a face talent but you simply cannot waste the look big Brodus has; mean ass motherfucker. He has already lost near 80 pounds since debuting on NXT last season and I think that shows he is passionate enough about being someone big in the WWE. I agree with him needing an all over attire but because he's fat is a lame excuse. His one piece deal now is definitely covering up any weight issues he may have. It's not really disturbing to look at (like Big Daddy V). His ring gear is a bit too basic for me to consider him a major threat to someone on Smackdown or RAW.

Also found a picture of him in a suit. He could fit the heel role very well if he walked around looking like this.

brodus-clay-01.jpg

I really like Brodus' mohawk. Just his face in general and him being so bulky just tells me not fuck with the guy.

How many other big men don't wrestle with pants on?

Maybe he has lost some weight while filming. But if you look like how Brodus Clay looks it's hard not to take them seriously. The way he is billed he could be a huge threat, no matter what he is wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back