The Ending to Battleground Might Pan Out

edgehead113

Dark Match Winner
Hear me out on this one. The WWE Title is still vacant. Hell in a cell is in 3 weeks. Why not take a page out of the attitude era and have a 6 man HIAC match for the vacant WWE Title?

Then: Rock, Austin, Taker, Rikishi, HHH, Angle (C)

Now: Orton, Bryan, Big Show, Punk, Ryback, HHH

How to Book it: Orton and Bryan are both clearly still the top 2 contenders, Big Show is in the title scene now whether we like it or not, Punk can set his eyes back on the prize even while continuing to feud with Ryback and Heyman, and HHH can say fuck this I know what's best for business and I was in that match at Armageddon 2000 and I'll win the WWE Title inside HIAC.

Only loophole I see is why would HHH stack the deck against himself, so if that's the case maybe the new and repackaged Wade Barrett can be "best for business" and made the 6th man. HHH would just be a fit as a big PPV draw (they need one after Battleground) and he'd be the one booking the match so maybe he'd insert himself?

Thoughts on this? Would an epic 6 man HIAC Main Event in a few weeks time make it worth such a BS ending Sunday night? I say YES! YES! YES!

I'd much rather see that than a one on one HIAC. But it's not realistic. They have the Elimination Chamber for that. Of they wanted to do a 6 man gimmick match today, it would be an Elimination Chamber. If they wanted to do a 6 man gimmick match during the Attitude era, it would be HIAC. Good idea, but no.

I've got no problem with how the WWE Championship match ended at Battleground. I thought Bryan & Orton delivered a great match and it was the third consecutive WWE Championship ppv match where many fans didn't really have a solid grasp on what was going to happen. There were equally good chances of Bryan or Orton walking out as champ or some sort of ending resulting in the title still being vacated. Some are now doubt disappointed by the ending but that's life when it comes to pro wrestling. I know that people want the big payoffs to occur at the shows they attend or the nights when they watch on television, but it's just not gonna go down that way. You can't have the happy ending take place at each show just like you can't have every single member of the roster get a main event run.

WWE hasn't rushed through this angle and that doesn't bother me. That's not to say that I'm totally crazy about EVERYTHING they've done with it but, then again, I didn't expect to be, nor did I expect it to be booked according to my every whim. The ending sets up the Hell in a Cell match as the definitive ending to Bryan vs. Orton and it's fitting. HIAC is a highly celebrated gimmick match and has been frequently hyped as "brutal" and "vicious", often referred to as "The Devil's Playground." It's an ideal setting to determine once & for all who the WWE Champion will be.

As for the notion of a 6 man HIAC match, I don't see it happening. Fans want closure to the Bryan vs. Orton feud and the only way they goes down is during a 1 on 1 match. I'm sure there'll be attempts at interference in the match, I don't expect a clean ending, but it ultimately will come down to Orton or Bryan scoring the win. That's what has to happen and what needs to happen in my view.

If Triple H wants to throw his hat into the ring after it's all said & done, that's all well & good. As long as it doesn't result in him actually winning the title, then it could be interesting.

Right now, Ryback & Punk have nothing to do with the WWE Championship picture and just mashing them into this storyline might very well only serve to convolute both angles at this point. Punk's priority right now is ultimately getting revenge on Paul Heyman for betraying him. Adding the title into the mix runs the risk of one aspect of the angle being overshadowed by another or both of them being diluted. Punk has wanted Heyman for months now, so running the risk of that motivation taking a backseat at this point just seems like a waste.

As for Big Show, it'd made no real sense for him to be basically rewarded for his actions last night by being given an opportunity at the WWE Championship. I'm thinking that Show will state his reason for doing what he did was due to Triple H's instructions, by which he'll attempt to use some sort of technicality. For example, maybe Show's response will be that he was following Triple H's instructions to the letter, said instructions being to ensure that Daniel Bryan didn't walk out as WWE Champion, but there not being any mention of Orton walking out with the title either. It's pretty weak and I hope they don't go that route, but I think it's possible.

I would love to see a 6 man Hell in a Cell. We have only seen one and it has the potential to be very entertaining. Bryan, Orton, Punk, Ryback, The Big Show and someone else (Barrett, Fandango, Wyatt, The Miz) I would much rather see one incredible match rather than Ryback/Punk 2 - which won't be spectacular. Bryan and Orton have thus far put on two matches which have been disappointing, I can't imagine a 6-man Hell in a Cell doing likewise. Rather than The Big Show crying and interfering in the main-event actually put him in the match.

Of course this won't happen. It is logical that Bryan/Orton have a proper match to end the feud but I would love a 6 man Hell in a Cell.

I really can't see them doing a 6 man Hell in a Cell... I didn't watch back in 2000 so I'm not sure how the buildup to the match went, but I am willing to bet this isn't anything like it.

I could see a triple threat HIAC match between Orton/Bryan/Show but I don't think I really wanna see it... Bryan and Orton, albeit their matches earlier this year were better have good chemistry together, and Big Show would more or less mess it up.

What I want to see is Orton/Bryan in a one-on-one HIAC match... I understand you can't really leave Big Show out of it (based on the current situation), so maybe you make him the referee or an enforcer. Maybe even walk down with one of the guys to the ring, but I really... REALLY don't want to see him in the match as a competitor.

its going to be orton/bryan for the strap and show/hhh in some sort of "lose and you're fired" match. I'd rather this happens than have a triple threat match for the title. Orton and Bryan deserve to end their feud 1 v 1 so they should leave that alone

Every year this kind of thread comes up.

6 Man Hell In A Cell has a nice premise, only happened one other time in WWE history. But it's not probable in this day and age. They need as much star-power as they can grab for this pay per view, because quite frankly besides The Rhodes and Orton vs Bryan Battleground was pretty terrible. Putting all of your stars in one match is just asking for poor reviews.

It looks like most feuds are going into HIAC as well. So Punk vs. Either Heyman, Ryback, or a combination is destined to happen. Having Punk and Ryback in a 6 Man wouldn't make since for their feud...that being Punk wants to kill Heyman, not any of those other 5.

Triple H entering the Cell would be great. Would definitely shake up things. But I'm not exactly seeing this just yet. Though I really like the idea and hope it happens, Triple H is in the spotlight enough. He's already God of WWE. He doesn't need to put himself over anymore than what he already is, especially against 5 other guys. Doesn't make since as a businessman to fight the talent you deem is "championship material".

Orton and Bryan is probably feud of the year by now. For once WWE are taking their time with this build, which I personally enjoy. But if there isn't a champion by this time I'll fucking lose it. I don't even care if they put it on The Big Show now.

So yeah, nostalgia is a hell of a fever, ain't it?

I think it would be awesome! But realistically it's not going to happen for the already listed reasons. They could however have one for the WHC since that one really has no feud and wouldn't make sense to have it be contested 1 on 1 in a hell in a cell match. Also that would be a good way to get the title off ADR because he's won so many damn matches it's (kayfabe wise) unlikely he'd lose to anyone who competes for it. They could have ADR, Ziggler, returning Rey Mysterio, The Miz, and the Real Americans for shits and giggles. And then they could even move to their next feud from that like say Rey Mysterio wins because he's a fan favorite then Sandow comes out and cashes in to huge heat. That way you get ADR out of the world title picture, Sandow as champion feuding with Rey Mysterio which I think would be a good feud, and most importantly added prestige to the World Heavyweight Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back