The 2014 Slammy Awards Categories

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE's just announced the first categories for this year's Slammy Awards that air live on Raw this coming Monday. There'll be other categories announced throughout the week and nominees for the awards will be announced on Saturday. Since these are the first ones, I'm guessing that they might be the ones deemed most relevant by officials.

Superstar of the Year
Match of the Year
Diva of the Year
Best Twitter Handle or Social Media Champion

Last year's Slammy show was one of the very few that was entertaining. I can't remember if they had a celebrity host or not, I'm leaning towards no, though I don't have high hopes for this year's show. Seth Green is hosting next week and the return of the guest host concept shows that Vince is back in a "sports entertainment" kind of mood.

So, I think that Superstar of the Year is going to be Cena. He's won plenty, he carried the belts when DB had to go down, he took two whippings from Lesnar, and he beat the Authority at SS.

I HOPE that MotY goes to Shield v. Evolution I, II, or the MitB Ladder Match, but I'm scared that it's going to go to DB v Orton v Batista or something to keep DB's push going.

Diva of the year is obviously AJ, but I don't know that she's going to get it.

Social Media Champion I wouldn't have a clue about because I don't watch or follow any of these guys on social media.

I would be surprised if Superstar of the Year doesn't end up being Lesnar. Yeah, I get he hasn't been around, but he absolutely dominated this year. He put The Streak to rest and won the most one sided championship match in history against Cena. Nobody deserves the Slammy more than Lesnar

Really feel the major awards given out will all be done in a way to further storylines more than anything.

With the Shield broken up, I doubt their match with the Wyatts will be acknowledged as that wouldn't really help any storylines to move forward...I'm thinking something like Cena vs Lesnar at SummerSlam, for instance, would be a possible winner.

Likewise, the fact that Lesnar has been apparently pulled from next week's RAW after being advertised, is merely to turn up the heat on his lack of appearances more than anything and I can definitely see Heyman making an appearance to accept the award on behalf of the absent Champion.

How do you even judge Diva of the Year?

Besides the Nattie/Charlotte (which was on NXT) and maybe Paige winning the strap from AJ the night after Wrestlemania, I can't honestly say I recall any other significant happenings in the Divas division.

My memory is shit to begin with, but not much sticks out in my mind. Anyone care to elaborate?

I'm hoping it goes this way.

Superstar of the Year

Either Rollins or Cena. As I said on the other thread, I'll go crazy if Lesnar wins. Yes he's had important matches this year, but he's a part time wrestler. If the rumour's are true, he'll be long gone after Mania. Apparently he wants to return to UFC for another run there. So if he wins the Slammy, all I have to say is rats, rats with big furry tails.

Match of the Year

Really it should be the Shield/Wyatt match, that was awesome, and would make for a very interesting award moment. I can see Ambrose or Reigns if he shows up, letting Rollins have it with the Slammy. Great way to start up a feud again. Or the other could be the Shield/Evolution match. Only drawback there is none of the Evolution members are around right now. And it leaves HHH to come back for his normal 20 minute acceptance speech.

Diva of the Year

It will probably be Nicki Bella. It should be AJ because of her feud with Paige, but see it going to Nicki because of Total Diva's and the feud with Brie.

It won't be Ryback he deletes most of the tweets he makes. Other than that have no idea on this one, don't really follow the rest of them. I do follow Reigns though and he doesn't say much on Twitter except to let people know when he's going to be appearing somewhere to do a signing. So yea, I'm lost on this category.

Worst haircut of the year should definitely go to Jack Swagger. What was he thinking when he had that done to himself?

Well, for me it goes like this:

Superstar of the Year
I would be delighted if it happened to be Dolph Ziggler which I think won't happen.. it also may be Rusev (did anyone think of that anyway?)..he won a lot of matches, every feud he got, he is on a roll right now and winning this trophy could lead to new feuds.
Hopefully this one will not be won by Brock Lesnar or I will go totally nuts.

Match of the Year
Personally, I pretty much liked the SS Elimination match, but other than that one, it could be Shield vs Evolution, MitB or one of the cage matches at HiaC.

Diva of the Year
This one should go to AJ Lee, no doubt.

This one will go to Nicki Bella or Triple H and if not, it will go to some mid-carder definitely.

I'm surprised people are saying Shield/Wyatts for match of the year. It was good, dont get me wrong and the hype up to it was big on the IWC and the crowd that night was super hot at the start. I just don't feel it was MOTY. Shield vs Evolution were both better, Lesner/Cena wasn't great but it was very surpirising. I guess we will have to wait and see the nominees.

WWE announced some more categories for the awards and the updated list is as follows:

Superstar of the Year
Match of the Year
Diva of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Rivalry of the Year

The Best Twitter Handle, Tag Team & Rivalry of the Year awards will be exclusively voted on at WWE.com and will be announced during the Raw pre-show on the WWE Network.

With the exception of the Twitter award, these actually seem like genuine awards. There'll probably be a few other nonsensical awards presented and hopefully they'll be given out on the pre-show and won't drag down the momentum of Raw. Personally, I feel the Tag Team & Rivalry of the Year awards should be presented on Raw itself.

Well, then, to add to my original post, my predictions are as follows:

Rivalry of the year is Cena v. Lesnar. Two of the most memorable matches from the year, Lesnar wins the title off of Cena, clean. I guess a secondary could be Bryan v. The Authority, but if that's how they're going to go, Shield v. Evolution was a better rivalry.

Tag team of the year obviously has to go to The Brotherhood, the Dusts, Gold Dash, Star Dash Dust, whatever you call them. This is possibly Goldust's best run in the WWE since the mid 90s, and they've been more than mildly entertaining. The other nomination is the Usos for having the belts most of the year.

Superstar of the year, logically, should be Brock. Broke the streak; longest running World Champ and gave Cena a hell of a beating. If it's a vote; it will be Cena. Rollins is a fine choice and he, too, has had a wonderful year. Some awesome matches and is Mr. MITB with an impressive win/loss record.

Match of the year is Cesaro/Cena from February. An absolute masterpiece that nothing else topped this year. Cesaro was somewhere (a strong tag-team wrestler with an awesome signature move) but needed to be elevated to another level (credible challenger for the World Title). They managed to do this and do it in style. Everyone who things Cena can't wrestle should watch this because it is fucking fantastic. Nevermind the element of Cesaro needing the rub; it's just a straight-up awesome match.

I'm guessing, however, that it will be either Shield v Wyatt at EC or the main-event of Mania. To be honest, I'm absolutely fine with The Shield vs Wyatt/Evolution winning it because both are great matches.

Diva of the year; I don't know, Nikki Bella has been a lot better.

Superstar - If it were me, I'd probably award Dolph Ziggler. Mainly because Daniel Bryan was hurt almost all year. Ziggler did a lot with not a whole lot of help from creative. He became the guy with the biggest following.
Match of the year- tough one, I'd like to say Cena VS lesnar at NOC but interference ruined that. So I'm just gonna give it to Team Cena vs Authority
Diva - IDK I guess AJ lee, the Bella "rivalry" really ruined my interest in the Diva's this year
Social Media Champ - I wish they would give it to SCSA for his podcast, But I doubt it.

Superstar of the Year: (Since these are rigged, or it's all little kids voting) John Cena
Match of the Year: Shield vs. Evolution
Diva of the Year: AJ, Paige or Nikki (Most likely Nikki because she's Cena's squeeze)
Social Media: Probably Ziggler
Rivalry of the Year: Gotta be Ambrose vs. Rollins
Team of the Year: I hope it's Gold and Stardust but I think it'll be the Usos

About the added awards:

Rivalry of the Year: I'd say Ambrose vs Rollins. That went really personal given how many people truly started to love the Shield, and the fact that Rollins betrayed them at their highest point, when they had the Authority/Evolution at its knees, really hit home and this rivalry was the huge follow-on.... I guess the fact that it might not quite be finished might see Cena vs Brock taking it home instead...but it is a no contest, Ambrose-Rollins by a long long way,lMO.

More categories have been named, most of which are more along the "sports entertainment" aspect of things and the updated category list looks like this:

Superstar of the Year
Match of the Year
Diva of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Rivalry of the Year
"This Is Awesome" Moment of the Year
LOL Moment of the Year
Extreme Moment of the Year
"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Insult of the Year
Hashtag of the Year
Guest Star of the Year

Of the current categories, the Tag Team, Rivalry, Guest Star, Hashtag, and Insult awards will be presented on the Raw pre-show on the WWE Network. All told, most of the lame ass awards will be on the pre-show, so that could keep the show from being bogged down. Now, as long as Seth Green isn't featured in every other segment, WWE doesn't have him try to cut some lame ass jokes that only Vince will find entertaining, keep the fallout from TLC as a main priority and throw in some good matches, Raw could be really good this Monday.

This is Awesome moment will be Daniel Bryan winning Wrestlemania 30 main event. No doubt about that.

LOL moment, for me, it's Mizdow at Survivor Series throwing himself into the ring with a catapult sommersault.

Extreme Moment is probably Rollins at MitB or Rollins diving off of the tunnel entrance at either Payback or whatever PPV that was.

Tell me... is probably something that HHH said, but who knows really. I don't even really know what that category is. Is it a blooper category? Is it a shock category?

Hashtag, again, I don't follow anything wrestling on social media.

Guest Star of the year, is this Guest Hosts? Or Surprise returns like The Rock? I'd give it to The Rock. No, actually, Jake the Snake or Warrior. Maybe Hogan.

"This is Awesome"Moment of the Year: I have to agree with Daniel Bryan
LOL: No idea, maybe when Rollins opened his briefcase and got splattered with that green stuff

Extreme moment: Probably Rollins at Payback
Tell me: No idea
Hashtag: No idea
Guest Star: I'm gonna say...Hogan. If they're not WWE-related then probably....God I don't know. I can't honestly think of a good one.

Superstar of the Year - I'd go Ambrose. The Shield was on fire early in the year, and regardless of wins or losses since he went solo....he's been the most popular and over guy from the group. He has consistently brought it in matches and promos all year. He should be the next Punk and next Bryan as the guy the fans love that fully earns his push. He just has the "it factor". I would LOVE to see him in a one on one feud with a heel turned and Authority joining and reinstating Cena. That would be so incredible, but probably an incredible long shot to actually happen. If there was legit competition from other companies, it might happen....that's the kind of stuff that used to happen, but never does anymore in this safe and cookie cutter world.

Match of the Year - The Shield vs. Evolution at Extreme Rules. The Shield's chemistry was so amazing, and Evolution all brought it.....and props to them for putting the Shield over so hard. And props to WWE for making The Shield the faces at this point, as the young future stars of the business should be the good guys....let the old stars who are all naturals at acting like aholes, be the bad guys. Especially when they were heels in their run too. No BS nostalgia face runs. Perfect booking and incredible wrestling.

Diva of the Year - Stephanie McMahon, if she counts. She was fantastic in her major role all year....IMO she was THE best heel of the year. As good as HHH was, she always seemed like the driving force behind the anti-Bryan Authority stance. She was the one pulling the strings, and doing the most devious things. And then she decided to pick on the Bellas too, and even manipulated one into turning. Devious heels are the best heels, and she even put on a damn good and compelling match at Summerslam. Granted, she has the power to book herself into these top roles, which takes balls to do......and she completely backed it up. None of the other divas were important enough or good enough this year as much as I like AJ, and as much potential as I think Paige has.

Best Twitter Handle or Social Media Champion - Chris Jericho is the social media champion of WWE IMO. He's got a good balance of being informative and funny on there, actually interacts with fans, has had some really funny "arguments" and shit talking sessions with other wrestlers(his back and forth insult trading with the Miz a few years ago was awesome), and he uses it to troll fans of his whereabouts and the possibilities of him showing up at big PPV's. AND he accused Lesnar of taking a dive in a UFC match a few years ago. All in all, he's awesome on twitter.

Superstar - Brock, no brainer. He ended the streak, enough said

Match - Team Authority vs Team Cena

Diva - AJ. Multiple titles reigns, involved in almost every diva storyline

Superstar of the Year: I would also say Brock Lesnar. Daniel Bryan was injured for more than half the year, Cena/Orton really didn't do anything, no one else truly stepped up. However, I'd be willing to say that Seth Rollins could be a dark horse, however I see Brock getting it.

Match of the Year: This one is a tough one. I can see the WWE saying it's Brock vs Taker (even though the match wasn't that great) just because they'd be like "It's the greatest match of the year because the streak ended!" I can also see it going to the main event of Survivor Series, the main event of Hell in a Cell, or Cesaro vs Zayn from February.

Diva of the Year: I can see it being AJ or Paige.

Best Twitter Handle or Social Media Champion: I think it'll be someone like Dolph Ziggler, but I think Big E deserves it too.

Tag Team of the Year: The Usos just because they were champs for a large part of it. Miz/Mizdow would be good, but they haven't been around THAT long. However, one could make the case for Gold/Stardust if you count their time as the Brotherhood Earlier. If not, then it's the Usos.

Rivalry of the Year: Obviously Brock vs Cena could be one, but I wouldn't be surprised to also see Bray vs Cena, since (besides who won which matches) it was a really good story. I could also see Ambrose vs Rollins for obvious reasons, and even Daniel Bryan vs the Authority.

"This Is Awesome" Moment of the Year: I think it'd have to go to when Hogan/Rock/Austin were in the ring together at WM30. If not (for whatever reason), Daniel Bryan winning the title at Mania was pretty cool too.

LOL Moment of the Year: It'll be something dumb like the Bunny humping Adam Rose. :banghead:

Extreme Moment of the Year: I'd say it'll be either Lesnar's 16 German suplexes or Rollins/Ambrose going off the Cell and through the table.

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Insult of the Year: I can't remember anything specific, but probably something from Heyman's rap on John Cena.

Hashtag of the Year: N/A

Guest Star of the Year: If Hogan counts, then it's him. If it's anyone else, I don't care.

Okay for the new added categories here goes.

Tag Team of the Year

Should be the Uso's. They work well with each other, exciting in the ring, and had a great match against Harper and Rowan at one of the PPV's I can't remember the name of. It opened the show I believe and was one of the matches of the night.

Rivalry of the Year

Oh it has to be Ambrose/Rollins. We all wanted to see what would happen when Rollins turned on the Shield, and just the way he was scared of his own shadow for the first month or so was great. Ambrose really took it too him, and I think most weren't happy when Bray Wyatt interrupted their match at HIAC. If they don't win this award, then the I will stop watching the show.

Daniel Bryan winning the title at Mania 30.

LOL Moment of the Year

Rollins opening up the suitcase and getting slimed. The look on Jamie Noble's face was priceless.

Seth Rollins taking a drive off the balcony onto HHH/Orton/Ambrose. I was in tears listening to Lawler yell "He came out of the sky". Either that or the Rollins dive off the Titantron onto the members of Evolution and Shield.

Nikki telling Brie she wished she had died in the womb. That was harsh.

Hashtag of the Year

#Idon'tcareaboutthisone

Guest Star of the Year

None stick out in my mind so probably give it to Hogan and be done with it.

More categories have been announced and most will be announced on the pre-show on the WWE Network:

Superstar of the Year
Match of the Year
Diva of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Rivalry of the Year
LOL Moment of the Year
Hashtag of the Year
Guest Star of the Year
Animal of the Year
Double-Cross of the Year
NXT Superstar of the Year
Surprise Return of the Year
Best Actor of the Year
Anti-Gravity Moment of the Year

Some of these are pure nonsense and I honestly don't see what purpose they serve. Animal & Best Actor of the Year??? Sounds like "awards" being made just to give to the Bunny and Miz. The Surprise Return of the Year Slammy will be presented as part of Raw while the other new ones will be presented on the Raw pre-show.

Superstar of the Year - I'd say Seth Rollins. He broke out The Shield being in the background to be the top heel in the WWE today. I think the WWE would go with Lesnar though. He did beat the streak, beat up Cena at Summerslam and Show at Royal Rumble.

Match of the Year - The Shield vs. Evolution. It was a low key dream match. It lived up to the hype.

Diva of the Year - I'd pick Paige but knowing WWE they'll probably go with AJ Lee. She's been the most dominant Divas champion. Practically beat every Diva on the roster.

Best Twitter Handle or Social Media Champion - Cena?

As of a few minutes ago, all the categories & nominees have been announced. The following awards are the ones that will be announced on Raw.

Match of the Year

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXX
2. The Shield vs. Evolution at Extreme Rules
3. John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt in a Last Man Standing match at Payback
4. Team Cena vs. Team Authority at Survivor Series

For me, the choices are either Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista and The Shield vs. Evolution. Both were great matches that told great stories, had memorable moments and were in front of a hot crowd. For me personally, I think the feel good moment and culmination of Bryan's journey to become champion gives it a bit of an edge.

WWE Superstar of the Year

1. Brock Lesnar
2. Dean Ambrose
3. John Cena
4. Seth Rollins
5. Daniel Bryan
6. Roman Reigns
7. Bray Wyatt

If Daniel Bryan hadn't gotten injured, I think he'd be a lock for this. The first half of 2014 was still a strong time for Bryan, so he could potentially win this. Seth Rollins has had a good year and has come into his own without The Shield, as has Dean Ambrose. As much as it might kill some to acknowledge it, Brock Lesnar has a definite claim to this just for ending the streak and for handing John Cena the single most lopsided loss of his career. He hasn't had a lot of moments in 2014, but they've been some of the biggest and most memorable of the year.

WWE Diva of the Year

1. AJ Lee
2. Paige
3. Nikki Bella
4. Brie Bella

All four ladies have worked hard and have, at times, been the unfortunate victims of Vince's legendary inability, either purposely or not, to book women. I'd say that AJ will wind up winning, but it's not as lopsided as it was last year.

LOL Moment of the Year

1. Damien Mizdow as The Miz's stunt double
2. Mr. T thanks his mother at the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony
3. Vickie Guerrero throws Stephanie McMahon into a pool of pudding on Raw
4. El Torito vs. Hornswoggle in a WeeLC match at Extreme Rules

Mizdow wins this with no trouble. Mr. T thanking his mother was more awkward than funny, Vickie throwing Stephanie into a pool of pudding was okay and more of a feel good moment and El Torito vs. Hornswoggle...just no.

1. Brock Lesnar hits 16 German suplexes at SummerSlam
2. Kane hits Daniel Bryan with Tombstones on the floor, steel steps and announce table on Raw
3. Chris Jericho hits a high cross-body on Bray Wyatt from the top of a steel cage on Raw
4. Seth Rollins Curb Stomps Dean Ambrose through cinderblocks on Raw

In terms of being "extreme", I'd have to go with #2. It was a means of writing Bryan off television as he dealt with the issues regarding his neck. Lesnar hitting 16 German suplexes was cool, but I wouldn't call it "extreme." Jerich hitting the high cross-body on Wyatt was a cool spot. Rollins Curb Stomping Ambrose through cinderblocks will probably get it, though I thought it was a little too campy and unbelievable.

1. Hulk Hogan returns as the guest host of WrestleMania XXX
2. Ultimate Warrior returns to WWE at the WWE Hall of Fame, WrestleMania XXX & Raw
3. Batista returns on Raw
4. The Rock returns to interrupt Rusev & Lana on Raw

In terms of a genuine surprise, the only one that qualifies was The Rock. Nobody expected him to pop up on Raw that night and we all knew about all the other stuff happening ahead of time due to build up and advertisement.

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year

1. Yes! Movement occupies Raw
2. Stephanie McMahon gets arrested and taken away on Raw
3. Sting debuts to help Team Cena defeat Team Authority at Survivor Series
4. Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin meet at WrestleMania XXX

I have a feeling Sting debuting at Survivor Series will take this hands down. It was a cool moment but, personally, I thought the Yes! Movement occupying Raw was great and was a great part of the build to WrestleMania XXX. But, nostalgia will claim victory here.

OMG Shocking Moment of the Year

1. Brock Lesnar defeats The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX
2. Seth Rollins turns on The Shield at Raw
3. Bray Wyatt's choir surrounds John Cena inside a steel cage on Raw
4. Nikki Bella turns on Brie Bella at SummerSlam

Lesnar ending the streak may be the single most shocking and unexpected happening in WWE for the past 20 years. NOBODY saw it coming and it left everyone stunned.

The next batch of awards will be given out on the Raw pre-show.

“Tell Me You Didn’t Just Say That” Insult of the Year

1.Nikki tells Brie she wished she died in the womb on Raw
2.Paul Heyman raps on John Cena on Raw
3.Chris Jericho insults The Authority after Stephanie’s arrest on Monday Night Raw – July 28, 2014
4.The Rock insults Rusev and Lana on Raw

I'd say The Rock insulting Rusev will get this one due partially because of the surprise of him being there and just laying into Rusev & Lana with his trademark humor and one liners.

WWE Tag Team of the Year

1.Gold & Stardust
2.The Usos
3.Los Matadores with El Torito
4.Slater Gator with Mini Gator
5.The Miz & Damien Mizdow

The Usos should win this hands down. I thought they had a great babyface run as tag team champions, they had some memorable feuds and their matches with Harper & Rowan stole the show.

Breakout Star of the Year

1.Rusev with Lana
2.Roman Reigns
3.Paige
4.Dean Ambrose
5.Seth Rollins

I think that both Rusev & Seth Rollins have strong claims here. Rusev has been consistently well booked, he's yet to be pinned or forced to submit and he's the only man on the list to win a singles championship in WWE. Rollins, as I said earlier, has come into his own and has done really well for himself. The fact that he's Mr. MITB signifies that he'll most likely be WWE World Heavyweight Champion sometime within the next 6 months.

Hashtag of the Year

1.#OccupyRAW
2.#RKOOuttaNowhere
3.#MoscowMooseKnuckle
4.#EatSleepSuplexRepeat
5.#NineNinetyNine

Meh, since I don't Tweet, I don't know who wins this and I don't particularly care.

Fan Participation Award

1."You Sold Out" – Seth Rollins
2."Nine Ninety-Nine" – WWE Network
3."We The People" – Jack Swagger
4."I’m Afraid I’ve Got Some Bad News" – Bad News Barrett
5."He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands" – Bray Wyatt

I'd say the "You Sold Out" chant will ultimately take this. We hear it every single time Rollins talks on the mic and often when he's in the ring.

Double-Cross of the Year

1.The Authority turns on Randy Orton on Raw
2.Seth Rollins betrays the Shield and joins The Authority on RAW
3.Nikki Bella betrays her twin sister Brie Bella at SummerSlam
4.Mark Henry turns on his friend, Big Show, on Raw

I'd have to go with Rollins betraying The Shield and joining The Authority. We didn't see it coming as it came just one night after The Shield finished off Evolution in their rematch.

Animal of the Year

1.Gator (Hornswoggle)
2.Torito
3.Bunny
4.Grumpy Cat

Dunno, don't give a shit.

Best Actor

1.The Miz
2.Batista
3.The Rock
4.Mizdow

Expect Damien Mizdow to score the win here and begin some real friction between himself & The Miz.

1.Adrian Neville
2.Sami Zayn
3.Tyler Breeze
4.The Ascension

It'll easily come down to Neville or Zayn. From an overall perspective, I think Zayn is the stronger wrestler. He's great in the ring, knows how to tell a story, can really rally the crowd around him and he's strong on the mic. Neville has all the qualities as well, except for being strong on the mic. He's pretty decent, but he's nowhere close to Zayn. At the same time, Neville has been NXT Champion and a strong one at that for practically the entire year.

1.Seth Rollins dives off the balcony at WWE Payback
2.Adrian Neville’s Red Arrow
3.Dean Ambrose dives onto lumberjacks at SummerSlam
4.Kofi Kingston in the Royal Rumble Match

I'd say Rollins diving off the balcony at Payback will take this. More people have seen it, more are familiar with it and it was part of a huge match. Neville's Red Arrow looks fantastic, though I think the fact that it's in NXT rather than the main roster will knock out its chances.

Faction of the Year

1.The Authority
2.The Wyatt Family
3.The Shield
4.The Rosebuds

All told, The Authority should justifiably win this.

Tweet It! Best Twitter Handle (aka Social Champion)

1.@HEELZiggler (Dolph Ziggler)
2.@JohnCena (John Cena)
3.@ZackRyder (Zack Ryder)
4.@Ryback22 (Ryback)
5.@nicoleandbri (Nikki & Brie Bella)
6.@RealPaigeWWE (Paige)

Again, when it comes to Twitter, I dunno nor do I care.

Raw Guest Star of the Year

1.Larry the Cable Guy
2.Jerry Springer
3.Kevin Hart
4.Hugh Jackman
5.Betty White

Personally, I'd give it to Hugh Jackman. While his 2nd appearance wasn't as good as his first, it was still decent and more entertaining than the others.

Rivalry of the Year

1.The Shield vs. Evolution
2.Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority
3.Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
4.Rusev vs. The USA
5.Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

This one is pretty hard. Of the nominees, the weakest is Rusev vs. The USA. Bryan against The Authority was a central part of WrestleMania XXX, The Shield vs. Evolution was the next top feud for the next few months, Lesnar vs. Cena had everyone talking and Rollins vs. Ambrose led to some great matches. I have a feeling it'll be Cena vs. Lesnar, though I'd go with either Bryan vs. The Authority or The Shield vs. Evolution.

Best Couple of the Year

1.Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella
2.Triple H & Stephanie McMahon
3.Jimmy Uso & Naomi
4.Tyson Kidd & Natalya

I'd give it to Kidd & Natalya simply because Kidd is "Nattie's Husband."

Match of the Year
The best match out of those listed as nominations was The Shield VS Evolution. The whole feud was amazing.

WWE Superstar of the Year
I really never care about this award. I'd want it to go to Ambrose or Rollins, but it will probably go to Cena or to Lesnar (who doesn't deserve it). At the end of the day though, this award has never mattered and it won't this year either.

WWE Diva of the Year
This needs to go to AJ. She's been at the top of the division the entire year other than when she took a break this summer. The Bellas suck and don't deserve it. Paige has done well, but AJ has overall had the best year out of the four.

LOL Moment of the Year
Damien Mizdow is the best candidate. He has been hilarious as Miz's stunt double and this is a perfect example of making the best of a strange gimmick. Mr T spending his entire speech thanking his mom was funny, but nowhere near as funny Mizdow. Vickie Guerrero throwing Stephanie into the pudding wasn't funny whatsoever. It was incredibly stupid. El Torito VS Hornswoggle in a WeeLC match shouldn't be a contender for a comedy award.

I guess I'll go with Seth Rollins Curb Stomping Ambrose through the cinderblocks. The other choices weren't "extreme" to me.

The Rock interrupting Rusev. I was genuinely surprised by that. We knew Batista was returning due to the hype videos, so how was that a surprise? Same goes for Hogan hosting Wrestlemania and Warrior's Hall of Fame induction. Surprise returns aren't advertised, they just happen, like The Rock confronting Rusev.

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year
Dang, this is close for me. The "Yes! Movement" occupying Raw was awesome in of itself, but Sting's debut was years in the making, and very few things can top the image of the three most popular wrestlers of all time in the ring at Wrestlemania 30. I'll have to go with Sting's debut due to how anticipated that moment was regardless of when it would have taken place. "Yes! Movement occupies Raw" and Hogan/Rock/Austin at Wrestlemania 30 are right behind it though. Dead last is Stephanie getting arrested, that wasn't awesome at all.

OMG Shocking Moment of the Year
Lesnar ending the streak takes this. As much as I disagree with the decision, it still happened, and it's one of the most shocking moments in WWE history at this point.

“Tell Me You Didn’t Just Say That” Insult of the Year
Nikki telling Brie she wished she died in the womb. That's a bit controversial for today's WWE. Second place goes to the Rock insulting Rusev. Rusev goes into a rant on how he will crush The Rock only to be followed by a sarcastic "Really? You're gonna crush The Rock? That's the best you got!?" response. Hilarious stuff.

WWE Tag Team of the Year
Miz & Mizdow or Goldust & Stardust for me. All of the other options suck.

Breakout Star of the Year
Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins for me here. Rollins has had a great year being pushed with The Authority and getting the Money In the Bank briefcase. He is all but guaranteed to be World Heavyweight Champion before summer. Ambrose has also done quite well though, and he did it without a Money In the Bank push. I'm happy with either one of them winning.

Hashtag of the Year
#OccupyRAW I guess? I don't use Twitter so this means nothing to me.

Fan Participation Award
I could see the $9.99 chant taking this. The fact that WWE got a price to become a fairly popular chant is impressive. "You Sold Out!" for Seth Rollins is my runner up. Barrett's could have been a stronger contender had he not been injured.

Double-Cross of the Year
Seth Rollins joining The Authority, no contest. The other options were all met with me rolling my eyes in a lack of interest in the upcoming feuds they were meant to be the catalyst for. Rollins' turn, on the other hand, was the best this year and the best heel turn I have seen in a long time.

Animal of the Year
The Bunny should win this. Hornswogle as the Gator was stupid, I never liked Torito, and Grumpy Cat was only on one episode of Raw. I would not be surprised if Grumpy Cat wins this.... but it probably will (and should) go to The Bunny.

Best Actor
Mizdow. His miming of The Miz has been awesome, unlike The Miz.

Sami Zayn for me with Neville in a close 2nd. Zayn always has excellent matches, good promos, and is overall the best wrestler on NXT. He has been this entire year. Neville's had a great run with the NXT Championship though.... It really could go to either one of them.

Seth Rollins dives off the balcony at WWE Payback, that was absolutely crazy. Neville's Red Arrow looks awesome and I get excite every time he uses that finisher, but no specific moment sticks out as the craziest gravity defying moment. Out of those listed, Seth's dive stands out the most.

Faction of the Year
The Authority for the win. The Wyatts split up before they had a chance to truly dominate. The Shield split up halfway into the year. The Rosebuds, while entertaining, are a joke. That leaves us with the faction that was a focal point of Raw all year, The Authority.

Tweet It! Best Twitter Handle (aka Social Champion)
I don't use Twitter, therefore I couldn't care less what wins this. I guess Paige's? @RealPaigeWWE

Raw Guest Star of the Year
Jackman was the only one on this list who you could tell is a legitimate fan of WWE. Betty White's guest star moment was horrible, Springer's wasn't much better. Larry the Cable Guy's was embarrassing to watch. Jackman's, unlike most guest hosts/stars' appearances was entertaining. He deserves this award.

Rivalry of the Year
Seth Rollins VS Dean Ambrose was the best singles rivalry of the year. It made stars out of both of them. The Shield VS Evolution would have my vote if it had lasted longer. Bryan VS The Authority is third for me. Lesnar VS Cena was HORRIBLE. And that's coming from one of the biggest Cena marks on this forum. Rusev VS USA got old when guys like Big Show and Mark Henry were randomly pushed as "American Heroes". I'm going with Rollins & Ambrose. They kept a feud interesting for several months and left me wanting to see more constantly.

Best Couple of the Year
Tyson Kidd and Natalya. There's not much else to pick from. I have no clue what Bryan sees in Brie, Trips & Stephanie unless I'm mistaken have won something like this before, I couldn't care less about Jimmy & Naomi as I do not watch Total Divas, which leaves us with Tyson and Natalya who have been entertaining together in multiple interviews this year. Much more interesting than I thought it would be when they first had that interview with Cole and teased "relationship problems".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back