WWE Slammy Awards!?!?!

Total Impact

A Poster Name Total Impact
I 'm not sure if anyone ever checks out WWE.com but I do everyday and for the past couple of days they have been talking about the Slammy awards and even counting down the top ten moments. Now this could just be in the news because of Oscar time, or it could mean a return of the WWE Slammy Awards, which would go perfect with WrestleMania weekend. So lets open te discussion, should the slammy awars be brought back and what categories would you like to see?

For me I would love see it return with the winners being picked by the fans. I would to see:

SuperStar of the Year
Diva of the Year
Match of the Year
Tag Team of the Year
Rookie of the Year
Moment of the Year
Finisher of the Year
Face of the Year
Heel of the Year

I think it would be agreat idea to add to the event known as WrestleMania. You have the Slammy's on Friday, Hall of Fame on Saturday and the granddaddy of them all on Sunday. I remember there was talk of bringing it back last year and I hoping it will be back this year or at least next year.

Hmm.. i like those categories, however, since it has been a hell of a long time since they had the awards, i dont think they would make it "______ of the year", maybe of the decade.. but the ycant just skip the 10 or some add years.

and since im cool, ill make my own :)

Superstar of the Year/Decade - John Cena (don't argue, you know you can't)
Diva of the Year/Decade - Trish Stratus (fuck i miss her)
Match of the year/decade - First ever Elimination Chamber (loved that match, didnt know what to expect)
Tag Team of year/decade - Hardys or Dudleys (hard to choose)
Rookie of the Year/decade - MVP (no doubt there)
Moment of the Year/decade - Eddie G. Tribute show
Finisher of the year/decade - Tombstone Piledriver
Face of the year/decade - Rey Mysterio (never gone Heel)
Heel of the year/decade - Edge (Has everything required)

I want to add a few Categories..

Feud of the year/decade - Rock Vs Stone Cold
Memorable Death of the year/decade - Chris Benoit/ Eddie G.
Return of the year/ Decade - Chris Jericho

i have a feeling if the Slammy's were to come back, they would lack that crazy "fun" feel that previous Slammy's had. Odds are they would be a serious celebration of WWE talent and it just would be a waste of everyone's time. It wouldn't lead to anything awesome, like Owen Hart's consistent reminders that he was a Slammy winner. It would just be some silly need for the WWE to take up more television time that I really shouldn't give them.

Bleh...if done right, though, the Slammy;s could rule. Perhaps have Santino host them for some reason. Lord knows he probably wouldn't win any.

I still feel, though, they wouldn't be very good. Shmeh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back