That British Guy

gd

Plump, Juicy User
Is the X-Division Champion. I know his name, it's Doug Williams, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans only knew him as the guy in the British tag team that doesn't particularly do anything.

He beat Amazing Red for the title after cashing in the FoF Briefcase a week or 2 ago. Since it was Big Rob's Case, there may be some strife in the group, which no one really cares about because the British Invasion are pointless.

Anyway, where do you think this X Division Title reign is headed? If you guess "unmemorable", you're probably going to be right. There hasn't been a semi-decent X Division title reign for awhile, and that isn't likely to change with Williams. Sure, he's alright and could perform some cool suplexes, but he isn't anything special.

I don't understand the rationale in taking the title off Red. The X Division is only used for spotfest nowadays, so why not just keep a spot monkey as champ?

Talk in this thread about how pointless this title reign will be.

Williams is X Division champ because Hogan & Bischoff dont like the small guys like Red IMO. And as Doug is a decent build, can work a heavyweight style with most of the X Division style and get over as a good heel that can work with anyone at the same time, it is win win. I am a fan of his and the Brits need to stay relevant. As two of them are champs (and I am a fan of Brutus too) I see a future for them all, even though Rob is a waste of space - great look but is slow and has little skill.

When Doug Williams won the X-Division championship I was confused, I still am actually. How was he eligible to cash in the briefcase when he wasn't the winner of it? And I'm pretty sure the day that happened was the day before Rob Terry was the champion and cast out of World Elite and the British Invasion. This kind of thing shows you how distorted TNA really is and why they will never be in the same league as the WWE.

Doug Williams as the x-division champion im also confused.Red was i good x-division champion,Just by looking at Red he screams out X-division champ.I really dont know how this will be played off in the next month,Doug will have a very pointless reign.We all know that as for right now the xdivision is kind of dead.So we might just see a 2 months reign for Doug until "Destination X".And after that,That might be it for Doug he could get release,Cause we all know that World Elite is also dead.

I'm glad that Williams has the belt as I have been a fan of his for quite some time and the guy has alot of skill and ability in the ring. Maybe he can bring more to the X Division than just alot of flippy moves.

Red had a great match with Homicide at Turning Point, and was great in the Ultimate X at Bound For Glory. But he cant talk, and theres no feud he can be put in that would mean much because we know NOTHING about him. Hell, I had to look up where hes from, and i watch Impact weekly and order all the PPVs. Williams, despite one of the posters insistance above, is not going anywhere. He was one of the best wrestlers on the Indy scene as he wrestled in Ring of Honor for about 5 years, and was Britains top champ for awhile before coming to the States. Hell, the guy even has a victory over the late, great Edie Guerrero to his name! Williams is a far superior all around talent then Red, who while amazing(no pun intended) cant do anything except hit high risk moves and compete in spotfests. Williams is a natural heel(The British Invasion gets some of the most heat in TNA!) and is a decent talker, a great worker, and understands the psychology of wrestling well. Hes a perfect X-division champ. He can have actual FEUDS rather then just a bunch of guys compete to become no 1 contender and the winner faces Red.

Just as an aside on Rob Terry, hes actually the TNA Global Champion now. (Former Legends Title) He won it at a house show, about 3 weeks ago, which was reported on this site.

From Wikipedia Robert "Rob" Terry is a Welsh professional wrestler and bodybuilder, currently signed to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), where he is the current TNA Global Champion.[1][2]

I really like Williams as the champ. He's an ideal heel champion, because there aren't really any true heels in the "true" x-division. This can allow for a rallying behind the x-division guys against this newcomer to the division. Like the old slogan says "no limits". There isn't a weight limit. But now he can one by one beat some of the lower lever x-ers and build his credibility as champ. then he can feud with some of the top tier x-ers. Win or lose you elevate the belt and all wrestlers involved. Spot fests have their place. That place is ROH, CZW and TNA once in a while. The X-division should be where the some of the best wrestlers on TV wrestle.

Doug Williams is champion because heel champions make for better storylines and storylines are exactly what the AJ/Joe/Daniels X-Division had but the versions since have lacked. He is a good heel and works a stiff style that makes him believable because he can literally beat the other guys up. He draws heel heat and has partners who can cheat on his behalf. He can also talk a little bit, but doesn't really need to say much, because as soon as Americans hear an accent they boo.... just kidding.

For those that know Doug's work, you need not read this bit, but for those who have only seen him in TNA you need to realise he is actually a really good in ring performer and is more agile than you might think. He does suicide dives, diving european uppercuts, has a finisher that in my opinion rivals the Canadian Destroyer in terms of cool factor (what it lacks in sickness it makes up for in believability), and a nice stiff moveset of suplexes and strikes.

Amazing Red isn't a good wrestler. Mediocre Red would be a more apt title. Or Small Teenage Boy. He's the biggest spot monkey this side of Jack Evans and has no charisma or personality whatsoever. He's fine for the unusual matches with high spots, but as a one on one wrestler he just isn't interesting or compelling enough to defend the title regularly.

Doug or Kendrick getting the belt was a much needed change if you ask me. Now all they need to do is build some X-Division Faces to challenge the heel, otherwise Doug's going to mow through them in their current state and nobody will care.

I thought TNA was gonna bring some credibility back to the X Division when they made Amazing Red the champion but after Turning Point, it seems like that went out the window with Red just wrestling in house shows and whatever. His title reign was going nowhere so keeping the belt on him made no sense. Doug Williams is a good wrestler and I think he can make a solid champion. Assuming TNA doesn't drop the ball on Williams like they did with Red, there's always a possibility that he can help bring prestige and credibility back to the X Division by having good feuds with the other young talent. He just won the belt a couple weeks ago so I wouldn't go so far as to call his title reign "pointless." At least, not yet. Let's just wait and see where he goes because I think he has the potential to be a great champion.

When Doug Williams won the X-Division championship I was confused, I still am actually. How was he eligible to cash in the briefcase when he wasn't the winner of it? And I'm pretty sure the day that happened was the day before Rob Terry was the champion and cast out of World Elite and the British Invasion. This kind of thing shows you how distorted TNA really is and why they will never be in the same league as the WWE.

brutus and doug pressed terry into giving williams the case, as i think the three impact tapings and the house show that gave terry the belt was in the same week.... they been building up for the past 2 months that terry was gonna be the outcast and it culminated with them making him use his case for williams

Doug Williams as the x-division champion im also confused.Red was i good x-division champion,Just by looking at Red he screams out X-division champ.I really dont know how this will be played off in the next month,Doug will have a very pointless reign.We all know that as for right now the xdivision is kind of dead.So we might just see a 2 months reign for Doug until "Destination X".And after that,That might be it for Doug he could get release,Cause we all know that World Elite is also dead.

i doubt theyll let doug go..... after his world x cup appearance he was high on tna's want list, this is the chance for him to show what he can do in the ring, and yes he is a good wrestler

Yeah I really don't understand why they put title on Doug Williams. His reign will probably be very forgettable because I doubt TNA will try and build him up as a credible champion. Williams will probably lose the title on an episode of Impact, and we won't even remember this title reign. TNA could've put the belt on someone else. I think Pope(since his popularity seems to be rapidly growing) or one of the MCMG.

Just as an aside on Rob Terry, hes actually the TNA Global Champion now. (Former Legends Title) He won it at a house show, about 3 weeks ago, which was reported on this site.

From Wikipedia Robert "Rob" Terry is a Welsh professional wrestler and bodybuilder, currently signed to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), where he is the current TNA Global Champion.[1][2]

loserwikipedia.jpg

I am surprised that none of my English brothers and sisters have come up with this twist and that it has to take a Cowboy to figure this out........maybe just maybe, TNA is going to re-up the British Invasion, get rid of Magnus, replace him with Wolfe, Terry, and Williams........I mean I promise you that after this weekend, Desmond Wolfe will be the NEW #1 contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

But Williams is a spot on X Division Champion, and I see a World title in the next coming years for the man. He surprised the hell outta me with that Rolling Chaos Theory, that is a move that along with the move that Tara did (the guilotiene sp?) Aj's Styles Clash, and The Canadian Destroyer are a few moves that just blow my mind, so I look forward to seeing Williams move up and Wolfe, Terry and Williams *hell I wouldn't mind Magus in the group either* with the NEW British Invasion.

I don't think that Williams' X Divisions reign is going to be any interesting. The problem is that he had not been built up to be more than just "that guy in the tag team with Magnus". The British Invasion haven't had the best booking and most fans don't have a reason to care about any of them except maybe Magnus. The other two are an unknown (Williams) and a guy who sucks (Terry). Red should have remained champion, he had an impressive reign which could have been even better. TNA better have something good planned for Williams' reign or else I will be disappointed because there is nothing worse than pointless title reigns. He will probably hold the title for a while doing random filler feuds until they find someone else to put the title on. Red had a good reign but we have had a lot of bad X Division reigns lately and I bet that Williams' will be just as pointless as some of the previous ones. Hopefully they will surprise us with a decent reign but I'm not expecting much because Williams hasn't been built up enough for some of us to care about him.

I'm a fan of Williams holding the title. They've always said the X Division isn't about weight limits, it's about no limits. Outside of Joe, they haven't had a champ that showcases that, but they had done a good job of putting them in the matches (Hernandez, Dudleys, etc.).

Williams is a very good wrestler, and his finisher could decimate anyone in the X Division. He obviously works a different style than the rest of the guys, and with the addition of Kendrick, the division as a whole is going in a new direction.

Before anyone says they love or hate this, they need to give it a few weeks, and see what happens with the title reign.

Does it matter? The X-Division means nothing at all so the champion of it means nothing either. He'll lose it to some face in four months and no one will care other than about 15 people. He has a good style but he's the flavor of the quarter and nothing more. Don't kid yourself: The X-Division is dead and has been rotting for a LONG time.

There are very few interesting title reigns, there are interesting champions, they can get booked in any way possible and their reign will be good, then there are uninteresting champions, they can be booked to appear everyweek and defend their title everymonth, still doesnt make them non-boring.

I dont think any of this applies to the X-Division, it's a title division to showcase the different types of wrestling out there, from the lightweight, highflying spotmonkeys (Amazing Red, the guy makes Mysterio look like shit) to the insane technical nutcases like Doug Williams.

I doubt we are gonna have an epic X-Division Title run ever again, but then again, as long as we keep seeing matches like Red vs Williams who cares who the champion is? Or who he's facing.

I suspect Hogan and Bischoff have stuck the belt on a fairly neural person like Doug Williams to reset the division, as I suspect no-one in TNA has any clue as to what's happening to that division as it stands. For example, what's happened to Brian Kendrick and Generation Me? We're seeing a lack of the X-Division in general right now, so I don't think anyone's going to really care for now, until we g

Also funny how Rob Terry's Global Championship has mysteriously vanished...

Is the X-Division Champion. I know his name, it's Doug Williams, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans only knew him as the guy in the British tag team that doesn't particularly do anything.

He beat Amazing Red for the title after cashing in the FoF Briefcase a week or 2 ago. Since it was Big Rob's Case, there may be some strife in the group, which no one really cares about because the British Invasion are pointless.

Anyway, where do you think this X Division Title reign is headed? If you guess "unmemorable", you're probably going to be right. There hasn't been a semi-decent X Division title reign for awhile, and that isn't likely to change with Williams. Sure, he's alright and could perform some cool suplexes, but he isn't anything special.

I don't understand the rationale in taking the title off Red. The X Division is only used for spotfest nowadays, so why not just keep a spot monkey as champ?

Talk in this thread about how pointless this title reign will be.

I agree that the British Invasion are just pretty much pointless now but I don't think that Doug Williams' reign as X-Division champion will be. I see this as a changing of the guard and a new definition for the X Title.

Instead of just being about spot monkeys seeing what kind of crazy shit they can pull off with no ring psychology whatsoever, now they have a champion who is solid in the ring and can actually wrestle.

I hope this leads to the X Title being a true secondary title with all sorts of wrestlers vying for the strap. I know their cute little saying is that "The X Division isn't about weight limits; it's about no limits." But, aside from Samoa Joe, the title has been relegated to just the small spot monkeys. With Doug Williams as champion now, hopefully this is a step in the right direction towards more traditional wrestling and less spotfests.

DOug grabbng the belt was a good move IMO. This a rough time for TNA with new fans (if there even are any new fans coming in) and i beleive red, as entertaining as he is, doesn't give teh impression of what teh x-div is supposed to be.. he looks like a pure cruiserweight.. the rey mysterio of TNA.. while i do want him to get the belt back i think he should be put into the rotation with some other guys. Daniels, williams, jay lethal (please), sabin (lets say if shelley took time off cuz of injuries (hail sabin!!) )..

Where the hell is hald the TNA roster? sarita and taylor are MIA.. lethal, homicide, kiyoshi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back