Team Canada in WWE

filthyanimalz

Pre-Show Stalwart
With the announcement this week that the last two members of Team Canada from the early days of TNA have left the company I think it would be awesome for Bobby Roode and Eric Young to debut at Wrestlemania at the end of Styles v Jericho. It would be awesome to see them come in and beat down AJ Styles and side with Jericho to form a WWE version of Team Canada, I would also like to see Natalya and Sami Zayn added to the faction down the line. I know this likely will never happen (at least not as soon as Wrestlemania) but you can never say never in wrestling. Does anybody else see potential for this faction or have any ideas to add to its potential?

No thanks. We already have the one cliche anti American stable in WWE, and whether the League of Nations lasts or doesn't, the last thing it needs is a second one.

If you want a read on the potential of an all-Canadian stable, then make an all-Canadian stable and make the fact that they're all-Canadian the very last thing said about them. Make it a fact that is met with a shrug. Stop booking like the not being American is enough of a common factor to make a stable.

Outdated concept. It would be a hit in the writers room.

No thanks. We already have the one cliche anti American stable in WWE, and whether the League of Nations lasts or doesn't, the last thing it needs is a second one.

If you want a read on the potential of an all-Canadian stable, then make an all-Canadian stable and make the fact that they're all-Canadian the very last thing said about them. Make it a fact that is met with a shrug. Stop booking like the not being American is enough of a common factor to make a stable.

Outdated concept. It would be a hit in the writers room.

Normally I would tend to agree with you, but this stable would have different elements in that Roode and Young could claim to have a beef with AJ personally and in the fact that it would give Jericho a chance to shine as leader of a faction and also a faction that would give Canadian pro wrestling fans something to cheer about with potential to increase ratings and mercy sales in Canada.

WWE has proved time and again they no longer know how to book a stable. I'll pass.

This is wrong because "New Day rocks, New Day rocks".

Actually they may have just fallen arse backwards into that one, LON and Social Outcasts are just dreadful.

Normally I would tend to agree with you, but this stable would have different elements in that Roode and Young could claim to have a beef with AJ personally and in the fact that it would give Jericho a chance to shine as leader of a faction and also a faction that would give Canadian pro wrestling fans something to cheer about with potential to increase ratings and mercy sales in Canada.

Well, Jericho as a leader would be interesting. I'll give you that. I'd even think it interesting for him as a leader in his part time schedule. A general who comes and goes as he pleases, returning at different turning points of the growth of his underlings. Fuck, more I think of that, the cooler it sounds.

I don't think there's much potential in revisiting history from outside of WWE. It's true that they've been dropping vague allusions to Owens/Zayn's history, but one example is not a trend. I'm continuously surprised by how many people think that the Bullet Club/Styles feud is going to outright continue in WWE, but at least that angle has some buzz in the wrestling world. Roode and Young don't have that kind of buzz.

As far as Canadian fanfare and merch sales, the homegrown talent is doing just fine. By my estimations, Nattie's pop at Roadblock was second only to Dean. I'm not sure of the merch sales figures, but I doubt the value of uniting Zayn, Roode, Jericho, EY, Nattie, etc etc for the sake of a few more merch items with a maple leaf on them would be worth it. They've already got plenty of merchandise for the Canadian stars, and at the very least, Kevin Owens merch is doing quite well.

I do like any "Team Canada" stable in wrestling, but as has been stated above, this idea is tired. Also the Anti America stable is already in existence with League Of Nations.

Also Jericho's schedule as a part-timer wouldn't permit him being the leader, as I imagine he will be gone shortly after Mania. I can't see Sami Zayn turning heel either, he's the new Mysterio in my opinion, in the fact that a heel turn doesn't make sense and the fans don't buy it, he's to likeable.

On the other side, I do like the potential of a Team Canada vs Bullet Club feud. I can't see it happening, but the matches would be insane.

They've had a Team Canada year's ago and it wasn't a big success.. Enough with this leaching off of TNA and New Japan ideas.. Stupid fans want 'The Bullet Club' stable in WWE, now Team Canada?... This is ridiculous, WWE can come up with their own ideas.. It wouldn't be awesome, it would be lame.

I can't say I'm all that wild about it as, others have already said, there's already a stable based around the fact that they're from foreign countries in the League of Nations. It may have started out with a more anti-American ring, but that's all but been left behind.

While it might be a dated concept, many of us, me included, said the same thing about Rusev and it got over quite well. So if the talent is there along with consistent booking, this is something that could probably work.

I have a feeling that Jericho will be leaving after WrestleMania and seeing as how he pretty much disowned his Canadian heritage during the SmackDown tapings in Canada a few weeks ago, having him suddenly turn up with the Ra Ra Canada schtick doesn't do a whole helluva lot for me.

There's also, at least for the foreseeable future, way too much of an upside to Sami Zayn as a babyface and that's unlikely to change if Zayn continues to garner interest in what I'm betting will be a pursuit of Kevin Owens' Intercontinental Championship. Zayn has that scrappy underdog mentality about him with an energy that has the potential to really make people want to get behind him as a face, so I definitely wouldn't want to see him in this sort of faction.

Didn't Jericho cut a promo in Canada recently where he mentioned how happy he was to not live there any more?

I don't care about this idea at all. The world does not feel like a safe place right now and the idea that Canadians are revolting has little appeal. Throw in the fact that many WWE fans don't know about Bobby Roode and Eric Young and even less know about their TNA Team Canada roots and on top of that Jericho is most likely gone sooner or later screams to me that this idea lacks legs.

Like GSB said Jericho hates Canada, so why would he lead a team of Canadians, makes no sense.

And do we really have to pigeonhole every wrestler in the WWE. Once these factions are in place it's harder to break them up than put them together. Not only that with the limited star power on the roster, we need singles pushes, not group pushes. Del Rio's Meximerca thing went nowhere, the LON are jobbing, so we need another group to do the same thing?

Factions like the Shield worked because of the sum of their parts. It was perfect.

They've had a Team Canada year's ago and it wasn't a big success.. Enough with this leaching off of TNA and New Japan ideas.. Stupid fans want 'The Bullet Club' stable in WWE, now Team Canada?... This is ridiculous, WWE can come up with their own ideas.. It wouldn't be awesome, it would be lame.

Aint Bullet Club just a new version of Nexus? Pretty sure Nexus was created first, and by WWE.

Regardless of how sucessful each stable was in its own regards, fact still remains that leaching (how you phrased it) was stemmed off a WWE idea, not vice versa.

They already had a team Canada in WWE, they were called the Hart Foundation and they were amazing.

A foreign heel gimmick is all about giving something to a talent to get them over, in this case as a bad guy. Do Roode and Young need that to get over? Not at all.

It made a lot of sense when they were starting out as it allowed them to evolve their characters. Do two nearly 40 year old men need to regress to their initial gimmick in order to connect with WWE fans? Probably not.

The foreign heel thing isn't interesting any more (see the lads). Fans just don't give a rats ass. If someone is proud of their country, it's generally something fans want to respect. The rabid nationalism that plagued decades past is long dead. We live in a truly global world and we're generally more secure about our national identities.

Roode and Young can get over as Roode and Young (if they sign with WWE). With both men pushing 40, it seems strange to saddle them with such a dated gimmick. They could make it work, and it could even entertaining, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction.

This is wrong because "New Day rocks, New Day rocks".

Actually they may have just fallen arse backwards into that one, LON and Social Outcasts are just dreadful.

LON aren't that bad actually, at least it gives Wade Barrett something to do till his contract runs out in June.

The Social Outcasts, aka the second coming of the Job Squad, do suck though, Heath Slater has been in 10,000 factions including Nexus, and every one of them sucked, and Bo Dallas, despite being Bray Wyatt's little Brother, will never be anything other than a low card jobber, kind of the American Funaki really.

In all purpose of answering the question..No, this stable would not be good ont eh main roster.... Seeing how L.O.N Failed...and with the stars you would have to put in that alliance...it would ruin someone's push and make everyone weaker....Roode,EY,KO,Jericho thats ok but they wouldn't work first off 2 many heels(and this stable would suck as faces) also 3 of those guys are legit WWE champ contenders EY being IC contender you could add Naty..but she aint no Heel..You can call tyson kidd and have him be a manager and start a angle of him later getting revenge on Joe but it still wouldn't be good...This is just all the way bad.

Not sure if this idea would work for the reasons mentioned before me. Part of the reason Roode left was because he wanted to be used as a singles competitor and not as part of a group or tag team anymore. Putting him in a faction would be a step back for him IMO. If in fact he does decide to come to WWE, give him a vinette (sp?) and make it a big deal. That way he's treated lie an actual star and not just a nostalgia act. The Team canada thing would be a bust.

I do like the idea of Chris Jericho leading a stable. I'm not sure if I would go with the lineup of Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Bobby Roode, and Eric Young making up WWE's version of Team Canada.

I would rather see Bobby Roode and Eric Young join the Dudley Boyz, draft Samoa Joe and Austin Aries from NXT, and be led by A. J. Styles as The New Attitude...T. N. A.!! Later they are joined by Kurt Angle and managed by Sting!!

Chris Jericho and Triple H can then form a stable called the Federation. It'll be composed of a group of Legends that can still go. I'm thinking a revolving cast of part timers will do. Mark Henry, Kane, Big Show, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Batista, Brock Lesnar, the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin would be great.

We could finally get the last Dream match we thought we'd never see. HHH, Triple H, Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. JJ, Double J, Jeff Jarrett!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back