Taker VS Wyatt

Uncle

Occasional Pre-Show
Is it possible that the WWE is trying to setup a Taker vs Wyatt at Wrestlemania?? With the Kane angle seeming to be him joining the family. Would Taker try to get his brother back?? I might be wrong but i remember that Taker said he would kill off the streak if it would help bring in a new star(or something like that not sure of his exact words).. Now he likes the Wyatt Family angle could he be setting the stage for the greatest wrestlemania upset in the history?? Or will he just win back Kane's soul.. Or is this whole topic not gonna happen?? If they market this well, It is EVIL vs EVIL for the soul of a man.. Either way this is good for Wyatt. A win raises he profile to almost legendary status. Not to mention helping Taker, Lets face it. Other then Hardy he hasn't really put anyone over.. But regardless if Taker wins it still a streak booster. So i really don not see a down side..

if husky is still on the roster at WM ill be shocked. the gimmick has been terrible and cheesy so far, and hes worked just AWFUL matches.

there is absolutely no way husky vs taker happens. 0%.

It will happen at a PPV but I don't think Wyatt is credible enough YET to be challenging for the Streak on the biggest PPV of the year. His crowd reaction is still not there, aside from his entrance. Looks like the next challengers are Cena and Lesnar.

Wyatt doesn't have the credibility, steam or drawing power right now to go after Taker at WrestleMania. The Streak matches are a big draw for WM, they're big money matches and WWE is going to want a big money opponent. I really enjoy Bray Wyatt and the effort that's put into his character, but he needs more time before he's someone that people would really get into as far as feuding with someone on the level of Taker.

If Wyatt is still around by this time next year, WWE pushes him hard and keeps him strong, then MAYBE something could happen at WM 31.

If Wyatt is still around by this time next year, WWE pushes him hard and keeps him strong, then MAYBE something could happen at WM 31.

Yet, it's still just Bray Wyatt, alias Husky Harris, alias Duke Rotundo. How the WWE machine can manage to turn him into a performer big enough to merit facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania (any WM) is beyond my ability to comprehend.

He's now operating with a fresh, inventive gimmick. Good for him.....but I can't see him still functioning as a swamp rat a year from now; the program isn't that compelling. There's only a limited amount of time something like this is going to keep the audience's attention. As soon as he starts losing matches, Creative will either have to find a way to alter the gimmick to keep it viable......or end it.

I agree with the OP, & disagree with everyone else. I think this is what is being set-up.

Is he ready right now? No- not yet. But Mania is still 6/7 months away. If this is what Vince wants- he can make it happen, in that time frame.

Unfortunately- I think VKM may like the idea of Taker vs Lesnar just a little bit more. So maybe it'll have to wait until 2015.

Wyatt isn't a big enough name for Taker and this could be his last ever Mania so they won't want to waste it, especially when names like Lesnar and The Rock are lurking. Personally, I think it will be Taker/Cena but I wouldn't mind Taker/Wyatt at Survivor Series.

whoa there fellas.. Slow down on the Wyatt hating. The Rock isn't coming back no matter what his people say, for the first time he got hurt and it almost cost him a movie... Also do we really need to see Taker/Lesnar 200000. Anyway is seems they wanna build the Punk/Lesnar story all the way to mania.. I am not saying that Wyattt is ready. I am just saying from a story point of view they win either way. and who else is there??? HHH for a 3rd year.. Come on even HHH isnt that blind..

if husky is still on the roster at WM ill be shocked. the gimmick has been terrible and cheesy so far, and hes worked just AWFUL matches.

there is absolutely no way husky vs taker happens. 0%.

Thankfully that gimmick is long gone.

Wyatt is a possibility. I agree with others that he needs more seasoning though. He does need some work in the ring to become consistent and needs to seem very dangerous.

At this time, I'd be OK with Cena or Lesnar.

i like the idea, but don't think it'll ever happen...i love the wyatt character, its something "new-ish" and thats why i dont think it'll happen. WWE always goes with the tried and true formula of what works, i think they would consider it too risky

Taker vs. Wyatt yes. But not at WrestleMania. Survivor Series would make more sense for Bray Wyatt's cultist character just recently taking Kane the way he did. Survivor Series is a perfect time to introduce a feud between Undertaker and The Wyatt Family, being where The Deadman debuted.

But WrestleMania, in this point in time, is a terrible idea. Bray Wyatt, as on fire as he is, going against "The Streak", would lessen "The Streak's" worth. If Wyatt wins, WWE will definitely want to feature him prominently on television. This is bad because Bray's character is not meant for hogging the spotlight. He will look like a one trick pony that will go week by week doing the same cultist shit unless WWE revamps his character somehow. That will be hard as hell if you think about it.

If Bray Wyatt loses, then nothing was gained by challenging on what could possibly be Undertaker's last WrestleMania match. Keep in mind that the passed 4-5 challengers were all former WWE Champions. And for a rookie to step up just to be shot down will not do Undertaker's legacy any justice.

In short, Bray Wyatt isn't ready for the responsibility of ending "The Streak", therefore shouldn't challenge it. This coming from a big Wyatt fan.

If Taker still worked his limited schedule Wyatt would undoubtedly be a feud for him around this time of year, but even in those days Wyatt would not have been considered a streak opponent at this juncture.

He needs two solid years of building to even be a consideration in my view and I'm not sold that there's much to him once you scratch the surface.

Taker will face either Cena or Lesnar at Mania, I can't see anyone else in the running

Is it possible that the WWE is trying to setup a Taker vs Wyatt at Wrestlemania?? With the Kane angle seeming to be him joining the family. Would Taker try to get his brother back?? I might be wrong but i remember that Taker said he would kill off the streak if it would help bring in a new star(or something like that not sure of his exact words).. Now he likes the Wyatt Family angle could he be setting the stage for the greatest wrestlemania upset in the history?? Or will he just win back Kane's soul.. Or is this whole topic not gonna happen?? If they market this well, It is EVIL vs EVIL for the soul of a man.. Either way this is good for Wyatt. A win raises he profile to almost legendary status. Not to mention helping Taker, Lets face it. Other then Hardy he hasn't really put anyone over.. But regardless if Taker wins it still a streak booster. So i really don not see a down side..

Bray Wyatt is a nobody. Beating him would mean nothing for Undertaker's Streak, and the thought of Wyatt even challenging against the Streak is absolutely laughable. Why are people jumping on this Wyatt bandwagon? The promos are terrible and Wyatt's wrestling ability is mediocre on his best day. They might as well have Undertaker vs. Jinder Mahal at WrestleMania.

Bray Wyatt is a nobody. Beating him would mean nothing for Undertaker's Streak, and the thought of Wyatt even challenging against the Streak is absolutely laughable. Why are people jumping on this Wyatt bandwagon? The promos are terrible and Wyatt's wrestling ability is mediocre on his best day. They might as well have Undertaker vs. Jinder Mahal at WrestleMania.

I disagree/agree with you

The promos are outstanding. But that match vs Kane at summerslam was beyond awful. I also agree that this idea is laughable.

The streak is not just any other throw away match. The streak is special, only greats get to challenge it, and whoever does challenge it must put on a 5 star match. Wyatt is not great and cannot put on a 5 star match. This would be the WORST streak match since the Mark Henry match. Wyatt shouldn't even be allowed to be in the same dressing room as Taker. No way in hell this match is EVER at WM. Only three people should get a shot at the streak and that is Cena, Lesnar or Rock.

I think this feud would have been good if Wyatt were on the roster around WrestleMania 22 where Taker worked year round. Now however, that Taker is only working Mania season and his past opponents since then being uber main event stars I don't want to see it happen think it wouldn't work out for anyone and if he ended the streak I would probably stop watching WWE to be completely honest. Actually, if anyone besides Kane ends the streak I'll quit which leads me to my next idea...maybe have Wyatt feud with Undertaker but using his brainwashed brother to do it that would be better but I still don't want Wyatt to be involved.

I disagree/agree with you

The promos are outstanding. But that match vs Kane at summerslam was beyond awful. I also agree that this idea is laughable.

The streak is not just any other throw away match. The streak is special, only greats get to challenge it, and whoever does challenge it must put on a 5 star match. Wyatt is not great and cannot put on a 5 star match. This would be the WORST streak match since the Mark Henry match. Wyatt shouldn't even be allowed to be in the same dressing room as Taker. No way in hell this match is EVER at WM. Only three people should get a shot at the streak and that is Cena, Lesnar or Rock.

I would say HELL NO to Brock Lesnar. I wouldn't pay two cents to see that match. Personally I'd rather see Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania. Jericho could spend weeks parodying Undertaker's entrances and promos, and I think they'd have a classic match.

As for Bray Wyatt, I don't even see him as being worth a spot on the WrestleMania card. He's pre-show material at best. He's one of the worst guys on the roster, both as a character and a wrestler. I don't even see how he made the main roster with this gimmick. It's worse than Kizarny.

It's still too early for Wyatt to feud with someone of Taker's stature, especially on a stage like WrestleMania. Wyatt first off needs to wrestle on a more consistent basis. Maybe creative is letting him float around waiting for Kane to come back, but Wyatt needs a program to develop his character. That, or at least feature him more in the ring and show us what he's capable of in the ring, as the SummerSlam match was a let down.

I think Mania 30 is too early. I remember people clambering for Barrett at Mania 27 and Mania 28. :lmao:

If Daniel Bryans hot run continues then I would love to see him go at the streak. If anyone deserves to be considered to break it then it is him. That would be the ultimate underdog match!

For what it is worth I have no problem with Lesnar vs Taker either. That is a money match right there. I think whoeever Taker fights at Mania 30 will be as enjoyable as his last 6 outings. Another possiblity could be Taker vs The Shield in a 3 on 1 handicap (to avenge his Smackdown beatdown). The possiblities at this stage look really good.

Wyatt vs Taker is a no from me as things stand though.

I like Wyatt his character is great it has a real creepiness to it the way he walks to the ring and in the ring shouts out during it too his moves are just strange witch adds to it. he is also good on the mic his cryptic promos and brill and he is great in the ring but as much i do like him he is never going to be fighting taker at WM 30 that's not his fault he just big enough yet to challenge the streak it be lesner, or cena i think i would like to see taker punk again but i dont want to see another taker vs ..... 2 he did that 25/26/27/28

I personally see this as being a way to re-de-humanize Kane. I don't think he'll be a follower a la Harper and Rowan, but rather an equal to Bray in the group or just a monster running amok. I foresee a gigantic push upon Kane's return, very possibly leading to a match with taker at Mania.

"Your creator lied to you"
"Your own flesh and blood turned his back on you"

Some of the first words Bray said to Kane. May lead to him Dishonoring Paul's memory and attacking taker. Imo, If anybody should put an end to the streak, it should be Kane....Now if we can get him some new attire :shrug:

With the new forgiveness of the Ultimate Warrior would that be a possible rematch people would like to see? Granted they weren't fighting for the streak but still. It would be the DRAW everyone seems to think they want. As far as I remember Taker and the Warrior have been on good terms, not that it makes a diff... But would it work or would it be 2 old guys breathing to hard for 20 or 30 minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back