Take Five with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Alright, so heres one to try and get some conversation over there. You're going to be isolated, whatever. Your going to be some place and you get to take five Games with you from each system, what games would those be and why.

Me bigging the uber-nerd I am, I'll start back at the beginning with the good ole days of Nintendo.

The NES: Maybe the best damn Video Game system ever.

Legend Of Zelda: How in the hell does anyone not pick this game. This game maybe the best Nintendo game ever made, period. It was a linear game, and it was mind boggling good for an 8-Bitter.

Megaman 2: While I personally feel Megaman 3 maybe a better game, this one was the funnest. It toned down the difficulty of the first game, and that first game was hard. I think I'm the only one of my friends that has beaten it, and I still get called for tips on it. The music is catchy as hell too. Again a non linear game that changed the way for games.

Super Mario 3: Super Mario was the Original, and 2 kinda sucked, but nothing changed the video game world like Super Mario 3. The hype for that game was insane, think Halo 2, but insanely bigger. The game is a blast if you actually play it all the way through, but who does when you have Warp Whistles?

Godzilla: Well I'm a huge Godzilla nerd, so being able to play the game was crazy. Most people don't like it, but I dig it, and it's my top five damn it.

Contra: This game annoyed the piss out of me. Finally though, i beat this sone of a bitch with out cheats a couple years ago and exercised that demon. The first game was great, because you just held the button and ran. This game gets tough as hell towards the end, but it's well worth it.

I'll be back with more...

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition for the Ps2.

Greatest Action game EVER MADE. It's got depth and difficulty, which while GoW is fun, doesn't have me coming back to beat a mode called "Dante Must Die". Kick-ass cutscenes, the SE has Dante's brother Vergil playable, and a 10,000 floor survival mode that will last hours. I've spent over 300 hours on this game and still go back to master new combos, make better combo vids, and obtain SS rankings on all the difficulties. Not to be "Cheap" but this may very well change to Devil May Cry 4 within 6 months...that game looks as good as 3...but with better graphics and hopefully deeper and more challenging gameplay...and I loved 3's challenge and depth, but more is always good for "Hardcore" fans.

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 Plus for the Gamecube.

Hooo boy, this game has eaten so much of my life you'd mistake me for lifeless. Starting off on the Dreamcast, playing that then Gamecube, then xbox, then PC, then the updated version *this version I'm saying I'd take* for gamecube again... I've spent over 4000 hours at least. I still crave the damn game. The limited yet fun combat, the badass weapons, hunting that ultra rare weapon...some obsess like this over WoW.

I couldn't. Wow had too many ubers and too many ways to get them. Pso had a limited but still good quanity, and if you got that one BADASS sword it'd last you the rest of your leveling. Btw WoW aint got dick on PSO in terms of time it takes to max your level. Max level of 200 and when you hit 140 I think it is, you're halfway.

Still got my copy waiting for when I get a Wii for some backwards compatibilityness...

Pokemon Ruby..maybe Pearl..haven't played Pearl yet.

PR is an insanely fun and addictive enough RPG. I liked the group of pokemon in this version and spent many an hour leveling up my squad with the secret hidden factors called "ep" i think, where if you killed 255 of some rat or something, it'd help for when you leveled you'd get an extra point in speed...it all added up and there was a limit. Made the game deeper because if someone EP trained vs someone who didnt...EP wins. Then there's different ways to EP train the same monster... Oh and I can always hunt for the "Shiny" version of Pokemon I like to kill time on this island. Some insanely high chance to encount a different colored version of the monster that besides apperance was the exact same. When I play Pearl, it might replace Ruby, but I really like Ruby's monster assortment so...

Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2.

I swear I'm not a pervert and don't J/O to this game.. I just love games that are relaxing, and have tons of shit to do. This game will eat plenty of hours trying to get all the swimsuits, hats, jetskis...etc for each girl. I love this game, I lost 70 hours on my first week without realizing it. The game as I stated, is fun and relaxing...oh and I like to dress up and accessorize my videogame toons... I swear I'm not gay either =P

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007..soon to be 2008....

I am not one of those smarmy prick assholes that hates games because they get released yearly and expect a videogame to enable me to experiance EXACTLY what it's like to step in a ring. That being said..I find this game series to be ever improving, vastly fun, and it's really addicting to beat the abso-LUTE shit out of those wrestlers you don't like in new ways every time! Oh much in vein of DOA:XB2...CAW,CAB..can eat up many hours getting your character and belt to look just how you want :D

COME ON YOU PRICKS REPLY TO THIS MANS THREAD.

ITS GOOD IT MAKES YOU WANT TO GO PLAY THOSE TREASURES! TIME FOR ME TO GO PLAY DMC3 IN FACT! XD

Alex~Vab

Boobs.

Now that I have your attention, here's my five picks, and I'll go old school, and take my Nintendo 64 with me to the island.

Goldeneye.

The greatest shoot em up ever. This game inspired Timesplitters, Resistance: Fall of Man, and others. This game saved the 64 (for a while) and is just wonderful to play. So addictive, you'll never notice how long you're taking to beat that bastard Bunker 2 level. And, of course, Control is practically impossible.

Mario Kart 64

I mark for Mario Kart. I have had it on 3 different systems (64, Game Boy Advance and Gamecube) and I still think the 64 version is the best. The tracks are inventive and challenging, and even if you're in last for the entire first lap, you can win the race easily, because the game is so pivotal like that.

Lylatwars

Seriously, has anyone ever played this? The second Starfox game, and still the best (I have Adventures and Assault), I always enjoy playing this. I still havn't managed to get to Warp 1, and so am rarely found to be playing anything other than this.

Bio F.R.E.A.K.S

An ingenuitive fighting game. It is fully 3-D, as you can go upwards onto different levels of gameplay. It's a cracking game. It really was one of a kind.

And finally...

Doom 64.

Yes, the immortal Doom series. I simply love this game, the puzzles you have to solve, the blood and gore, the unrelentingly annoying yet strangely satisfying sound effects. It rules. Full stop.

There's something funny when the N64 gets counted as retro, I can't believe you didn't have orcarina of time...

I'm going to go with the SNES

Legend of Zelda; Link to the past

This is when the zelda games jumped about 3 notches, paving the way for Orcarina of time. It's a brilliant game!

Super Mario World

I deem this as one of my favourite computer games ever, it's a great platformer.

Super Mario Kart

What a game, though not my favourite in the series, it's great fun :)

Street fighter 2 turbo

I don't really need to explain why I chose this!

Kirby's Dream Land 3

I dunno why but I loved this game...crazy!

2nd Generation:

The Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog 3:
This game kicked ass. The first two were dull and repetitive, but this one for some reason became so damn appealing to me. I love everything about it, and Knuckles kicked ass. I began to dominate this game and it got really fun just kicking ass as the Golden Sonic.

Vectorman:
It was a strange game, but a fun game. The graphics were pretty good for the Genesis overall.

Mutant League Football:
Ahh, this game was so damn addicting. Mines on the football field, Footballs made of dynamite, Bribing the referees, killing the referees, so much damn fun. If you haven't played this game, find it, and enjoy it.

Streets of Rage:
What a button masher if there ever was one. Storyline was shitty, the graphics horrible, but smashing a punks face into a car or picking up a crow bar and whooping someones ass was awesome.

Mortal Kombat II:
Ya, technically an arcade game, but still. I thought between the greatness of the first one, and then the sheer size of the third one, that this one fit in nice and neat in the middle. It doesn't have too many characters, but not overkill like the latter games.

Holly crap, I'll take the SNES too! (i'll think in a newer system later...)

my picks:

-Mortal Kombat 2: i remember when I organized several Video Games-parties, once, a couple of friends and I spent more then TWELVE fucking hours playing this game. next day we played more than 5 hours again. It was more addictive than the Basketball trading cards!! :D

-Street Fighter 2: OH BOY!!!! What can i say about this gem!! Countless tournaments, several bets won and lost. I had a girlfriend who loved to play street Fighter also, so go figure...

-Super Mario Kart: That's why Nintendo is so successful: COMPETITION in games. No game (racing) was more competitive like Super Mario Kart. And I can say that I Pwned my friends using Toad, anytime, any place :icon_cool:

-Super Contra: how to make a perfect video-tag team, anyone??

-NBA JAM: GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY!! don't tell anyone... I finished a season 70-12 using the almighty-all powerful team of Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant, in hard mode.

there's so many games... but i think I can survive with these five.

The PlayStation 2 is easily the best gaming system ever!!

-Soul Calibur 2: The greatest fighting game known to man, yet tragically underrated. Seriously, this game was awesome but sold like... coldcakes.

-TimeSplitters: Future Perfect: In my opinion, the best TimeSplitters and therefore the best FPS ever. Contains the ultimate deathmatch mode. Made by the same guys that made Goldeneye.

-Burnout: Revenge: Burnout was the only racing game I ever loved, and boy did I love it. This is the greatest one yet, offering all kinds of carnage.

-Resident Evil 4: Never completed this baby, but I meant to. Capcoms finest, and the greatest adventure game on any console. Ever.

-GTA: Vice City: Before it went all gang-bangin', free-roaming reached this violent, cartoony peak and I'd love to reconquer Miami's counterpart one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back