Five you keep coming back to

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
This isn't your top five games of all time, but rather it's five games you always find yourself coming back and playing no matter how many times you've played it. Give us five and why you like going back to it.

I'm just going off Nintendo games and not going with hours played but rather games I always go back and play.

1) Super Mario Bros 3. The first game I ever remember playing, yet it is still a classic to this day. Great fun.

2) A link to the past.
This is how you should do a game, great story and game play.

3) Tetris. Do I really need to explain this one?

4) Sonic 2
. The Megadrive version, this game is great fun, a classic platformer that I believe to be the peak of the series.

5) Got to have Pokemon Red/Blue here, simple to play, difficult to master. True classic.

1.Mortal Kombat- Games a classic! Plus the fact that when i was younger i couldnt beat the fucking tournament I would spend hours on it. Now i go back and pass it with ease.
2. The Legend of Zelda : Orcania of Time- I always end up playin that game again and again. The fact that i never beat it always gots me going back!
3. Street Fighter !- Shit is dopee haha
4. Pokemon Yellow- Never played Blue or red..but dangg this game was addicting! I always tried to fill the poke dex! haha
5. Sonic- Game is dopeee and a classic game.

haha great thread man.

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skating - This is probably the game I mastered better than any other game, ever. I love it to pieces, and there comes a time every couple of years where I just pop it in and get back to my level of greatness with it. It's just damn near impossible to stop loving a game you can master at such a level as I have with this one.

2. Soulcalibur 2 - Really the same reason as Tony Hawk Pro Skating. I've always been good at fighting games, but when I pick Kilik on this motherfucker, there is not a human being on this planet who can fuck with me on this game. I'm not that confident in all my other fighting games, but this one? Shit... I'm always ready to kick some ass if someone challenges me, lol.

3. WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth - My favorite wrestling game of all time. I love the controls, and I love the season, especially. I also love the fact Raven's on it, which I think was his last game ever being on. No matter how many Smackdown games come out, I'll never get tired of this one.

4. Solitaire - I know, I know... lame, huh? But man... I'm always playing this shit on the computer. Right now my record is beating it in 54 seconds, and I'm always just looking to top that whenever I'm on the phone and on the computer at the same time (for some strange reason.... whenever I'm on the phone and computer at the same time, I'm able to listen and contribute to a conversation while I'm playing Solitaire, whereas if I'm on here at WZ for example, I won't be listening to a single word that is said).

5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Greatest.Game.Ever. I'll never, ever get tired of this game. It's just so, so, soooooooo much fucking fun. There's really no other way to describe it. Love it.

1. Runescape - No many how many times I attempt to quit it I'm always brought back for some reason or another.

2. GTA SA, I remember buying it the day it came out and just playing it for months. It never gets old.

3. Crash Bandicoot (2/3/twinsanity + some gameboy advance game) I put them altogether since when I tend to play them all at once, I've finished 2 and twinsanity plenty of times. Can't bring myself to finish 3 though. I also have the wrath of cortex and nitro kart but those two games are boring. I wish I had #1 and the first racing game

4. Burnout Revenge: This was a fun racing game. Crashing benefited you in the race half the time. Good times.

5. Spyro the Dragon #2 and #3. I don't have the first game but #2 and #3 are always fun to play.

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - I loved the original, but this sort of took it by the neck and choked more out of it! As far as I'm concerned this was the best Sega game ever made and it's probably my favourite game of all time. If not, it's certainaly up there with the best of them.

2) Tomb Raider 2 - This was the first "violent" game I ever played. As an 8 year old, playing this not only felt rebelious but even then I realised just how damn good it was. Tomb Raider 3 was a better experience but Tomb Raider 2 started it all for me.

3) Mario Kart 64 - I went through my attic the other day and found my old N64. Feeling nostalgic, I rigged it up to an old TV I have downstairs and ended up spending 4 hours playing this game. It made me feel like an 8 year old again. I had forgotten just how damn long Rainbow Road is on this game, epic!

4) Pokemon Red - The best handheld computer game of all time. I think theres no arguement about that if we're honest. Like the N64, I found my original Gameboy colour in the back of a wardrobe and spent hours reliving the good old days. Even though it's over 10 years old, it's still a cracking game to play even now.

5) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - This game litterally took over my life for good over 4 months. Every other game I had played before and after felt incomplete. I can honestly say I haven't been as addicted to a game like I was with GTA:SA.

5.) GTA Vice City. I always found it a lot funner than the other GTA games. I love the setting, the radio stations, and the city. Love busting the rampages.

4.) Pokemon Red/Blue: Well I don't have my gameboy color here anymore, but it is on all three of my computers on emulators.

3.) Super Mario 3: I have actually beaten it twice in the pat 10 days because I just love to get up and play it.

2.) Halo 2: It was my favourite Halo out of the set. The second level is probably my favourite level of all time for video games.

1.) Final Fantasy: Also my favourite game, how about that. Play this game more than any, and sometimes I even dream about it.

1. System Shock 2 - Best game ever made. Beautiful for its time, smart RPG system, tense and scary... just fucking amazing.

2. Fallout 1 and 2 - If you liked Fallout 3 and you haven't played the first two, you owe it to yourself to find them and play them. 3 doesn't even hold a candle to the first two.

3. Super Mario World - Best of the Mario games. Just plain fun.

4. Silent Hill 2 - The first game to step beyond just being a video game to become a work of art.

5. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - Maybe not old enough to consider it something I keep coming back to, but I've played through this game so many times I feel it's worth mentioning. You haven't lived till you've played through Challenge Mode with the Ryno IV.

1. New Super Mario Bros- I don't know why I play this game over and over but I swear to God I've beaten every level 100 times.

2. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009- Love playing this over my neighbors house and have mastered it.

3. Call of Duty 4- Multiplayer only, love going to crossfire and getting headshots, never gets old.

4. Mario Power Tennis- Don't ask but when I start playing I get addicted and then put it down for a year but eventually come back.

5. Pokemon Ruby- My favorite Pokemon and have wasted so much of my life on it. Found it this morning and started over, wasted my Sunday.

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - I can't stop playing this game. It's the biggest and most fun game I think I've ever played. I still haven't explored everything because of the expansive desert and the Badlands.

2. Madden 2006 - My favorite Madden game with my favorite player ever in it, Steve McNair. I think Eddie George is on the Titans in this game as well. The controls and gameplay are great and such.

3. Mario Tennis - The original one (I think) for the N64 and is still my favorite tennis game. It was a Mario game which is the reason I played it in the first place, but it ended up being one of my favorite games.

4. FIFA 1999 - On the N64, this is my favorite soccer game. I was just playing it yesterday, like the other games on this list, and it's still great.

5. WWF No Mercy/WWE Shut Your Mouth/WWE Here Comes the Pain - I'm clumping these together since they're wrestling games and I still play all of them. These are the 3 best wrestling, or at least WWF/E, video games there are.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask - the only reason that I cannot and will not separate these two is because once I play OoT again I automatically start into MM straight after. Is there anything more to be said about these games? Simply the best ever.

2. Rome: Total War: Europa Barbarorum - an excellent game with an modification that made it truly epic. A new map that extended into India, hundreds of national units, a setting that featured your factions language; I defy anyone to find a more intriguing campaign mode than starting out RTW: EB as the Parthians. EPIC

3. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossover - simplistic gameplay at its best. I never thought that Civilisation II would be knocked off this list but SMACX managed it. The array of technologies, units, storylines and interaction with other factions is tremendous

4. Pokemon - I have Yellow for the GB, Platinum for the DS and a couple others on emulators; they are so horrifically addictive that I can literally lose days, perhaps weeks playing them

5. WWF No Mercy - still the best wrestling game in my opinion. Since it came out, I feel that most wrestling games have become too fast paced. I remember having a Triple Threat Ladder Match that lasted most of a day... you don't get that kind of playability on the new generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back