Supposed Summerslam main event :-(

weird86

Pre-Show Stalwart
HHH vs Orton in a HHH vengence angle is supposidly the direction WWE is going for the Summerslam main event. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I dropped $450 for four tickets and this is the thanks I get! Could WWE not take a hint from the reaction of their match at WM that this is getting SO old. The number 2 PPV of the year deserves something much more then this. I dont want to see them two go at it again period. The ME at WM bored me to tears. Not HHH or Ortons fault, just they dont work great or even good together. I have said that from the get go and I'll stick to it. Orton needs to wrestle more stars and not HHH. IDC if it's even a HIAC. Remember HHH vs Jericho HIAC? Exactly neither do I, and Orton HHH in one will be the same.

You know its not like we dont want to see Taker vs Jericho, Morrison, Hardy, Umaga, or Punk instead. How WWE doesnt see potential in all the above FRESH FRESH feuds and could tear the house down esp in a HIAC match is really beyond me.

Wow, I've not seen that match before.

Whatever, I've read this weeks Smackdown spoilers and I'm confident from that show alone that the next few months are going to be really fucking good. One match like that on a SummerSlam card isn't going to ruin it for me.

HHH vs Orton better not happen. Batista and Cena too have had their chances. Idk if show or MVP should be in the main event at the number 2 ppv though. Orton will be defending it against HHH, Cena or Batista, but it really should be a one on one affair.

It's a little early to say if they are going in that direction. You never know in the wwe because they do change matches. Not a lot but they do change. maybe we may see orton vs mvp in SummerSlam. So we have to wait and see.

Injuries, suspensions, firings, fallouts... there's far too much time between now and Summerslam to really have any sort of idea where WWE is heading in the next few months. I do think however, that it's gonna be Smackdown that has the freshest show and the brightest new stars coming through the ranks.

The problem with Raw now is that there are too many main-eventers in one place. With HHH on SD and one of Orton, Cena & Batista injured pretty much solidly over the last few months, Raw has been a little bit fresher, with Jericho & Punk both having title runs. SD has seemed fresh too, looking at Jeff finally getting "the big one".

I don't think WWE have a clue what their Raw main event for SS is yet, but I'm sure one or more of the "Big 5" (Orton, Cena, Batista, HHH, HBK) will be involved. It's just getting old that's all.

As far as other matches go, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Michaels rematch with The Undertaker. Expect Undertaker to challenge Edge at Night of Champions and Michaels to return and cost him the belt.

As far as other matches go, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Michaels rematch with The Undertaker. Expect Undertaker to challenge Edge at Night of Champions and Michaels to return and cost him the belt.

That's not a match I would personally count on. There's nothing that would indicate HBK returning with a grudge against Taker since it was really a one off type match and Taker beat HBK clean in easily the match of the year. Not that the match of the year tag has anything to do with it... I just don't see it happening considering HBK says next WM will be his last and will also supposedly be Taker's last. HBK is not going to have a role of jealous loon costing Taker the title in the last year of his career.

As for a supposed HHH/RKO match at SSlam, here's how I see it...*sigh..ugh* But really, it's not like it could be any worse than their match at WM25. So based on that alone, it won't be TOTALLY awful... probably just kinda awful.

MY personal SSlam card would involve the big 3 or 4 matches of the following mindset...

Triple Threat Match or Fatal Four Way for WWE Title
- Cena/Orton/HHH/ plus or minus Big Show

WHC match could be really interesting seeing as Smackdown has a great new fresh line-up of talent that could go anywhere at this point. It's especially interesting because I believe we're going to have an Edge face turn and Punk heel turn between now and SSlam. I don't foresee another Taker/Edge match since we had that last year in an epic HIAC match that probably couldn't be topped. So this quite honestly will be the most interesting match on the card. It's something I personally couldn't even predict but if I had to just based on what we see now...
- Jeff Hardy/Edge in a TLC or hardcore match of some type.

Another big match I'd like to see is HBK/MVP. The build-up would be something along the lines of how HBK respects MVP's new attitude and sees him as the future of the WWE and MVP wants to prove that he can compete with the best in the business and have a full on face/face match between them that would be very very solid if not epic. Not quite HBK/Taker, but damn good.

And the other big interesting match might be something like Punk/Jericho or Taker/Jericho... depending on the Edge face turn and Punk heel turn I think wiill happen.

Let's be honest though... WWE changes things last minute all the time. Maybe not all the time, but it could happen. Maybe we'll be *lucky* and HHH or Orton will get hurt in between there. Nothing serious because I don't wish injuries upon anybody, but just something that will keep them out for a month for simply precautionary reasons. Just a thought though. Due to the draft shake-up, I think all these new fresh matchups will make for a really good SSlam card this year. So let's just be patient and see what happens.

If this is true, it`s a bad idea. They can`t put a good match together. Their WM match was a huge disappointment, despite the good build up. Their other matches were nothing great either.
Besides, I don`t want to see yet another HHH come back...full of revenge, beats Orton...champ again. BOOOoooooooring.

Yah I know things can change ALL the time, but just the fact this was even brought up in a creative meeting tells me the WWE doesnt know or care what we want, and by the reaction at WM they should know we dont want HHH and Orton anymore. It shouldnt of even been brought up.

For SD I am SO excited because there is SO much potential on that show. I wish Matt Hardy and MVP would of stayed, but MVP may be something on Raw judging after Monday night. SD has a lot of fresh and good talent. I mean Punk, Morrison, Jericho, Mysterio is back over, hell even Kane. You have vets like Jericho, Kane and even Mysterio moving over, and you already have vets in Undertaker and Edge on SD along with Jericho and Kane to teach the drafted people who IMO are all great. Lets not forget Umaga who is probably one of the best on all three shows as well.

IMO SD has a way better lineup. Maybe not as big of stars, but matches to be fresh, and better wrestlers as a whole I am looking far more to SD.

As far as SS, SD could easily start a new fresh and great feud with anyone above (Ok maybe not Kane). Raw, not so much besides maybe having MVP being involved somehow maybe with a heel HHH or I like the idea with HBK. JUST NO NO NO NO NO more Orton HHH PLEASE!

if that is the why Raw actually develops this summer, I won't be watching any segments involving that particular match out of protest. Because it's recycled garbage. I would much rather see Orton defending against MVP or Mr. Kennedy, and dropping the title to them.

As for HHH, I don't know. I would maybe have him feuding with DiBiase by then. He just has already been around the block with all of the top level guys, and none of those feuds are fresh for him. They need to have elevated someone else by then, so he can actually do something not boring and rehashed.

the one and only way that i am ok with this is if orton goes over. i fucking hate him but he needs it, even if it isn't clean. the match will suck but thats not important to his character. have him think he is untouchable and have a new face go over him afterwards. please don't visually assault us with another triple h title reign! afterwards have a little tournament thing for the new number one contender. let hunter win once or twice and have someone screw him over, thus starting a new feud. post number 69. i'm so childish!

How do we know they actually can't put on a good recent match? Hardcore ppv got shortend because Orton broke his collar bone. WrestleMania match got rushed because WWE lost track of time. Given a decent chance they could put on a good match. I hope we don't see this match as a title match, but I wouldn't mind seeing it on the card.

In think HHH is gonna come back as a heel and start a feud with Batista for costing him the WWE title at Backlash......that's what should happen anyways

First of all, why is there so much HHH hatred? Everyone says that HHH doesn't ever job for anyone, he is only out for himself, he always has to be in the main event. That is true, but can anyone name ONE champion there has been that was not out for himsef and always had to be in the main event.
WCW: Whenever Flair, Sting, Lugar, Hogan, or whomever (talking late 80's and later) more than half the programming was revolved around them and they were always on the Main Event.

WWF/E: The only 3 people that I can think of that everything wasn't around them was Bob Backland, Rey and CM Punk. HHH, Michaels, Undertaker, Edge, Hogan, Warrior, Hart, Diesel, Slaughter, jericho, Booker T, JBL, Cena.. and the list goes on and on. Whenever they were champions, they were always in the limelight, too many spots with them in it, and Always in the Main Event.
Just a little thing to everyone that is what a Champion is supposed to do. Be the centerpiece of your company. Granted there can be other great fueds (hbk/undertaker, MVP/matt hardy when they were going for US title.) but your champion is the one who is supposed to be in the Main Event.

I figure in a few months the same crap will be said about Orton. Most people will get sick of him and trash him for everything that it is worth.

Like him or not HHH has been a vital part of the wrestling scene ever since DX arrived. And for those of you that trash him and Cena all the time, I'm sorry that you don't like them, and say that WWE sucks, but one funny thing: You all keep watching.

If Orton and HHH have a match again at SummerSlam so be it. Im sure that it will be better than WM.
As far as MVP I'm kind of hoping he brings some prestige back in the US title, and have a meaningful fued.
And about Kennedy, he needs to prove himself before getting into any title picture.
That is all for now.

I really don't care if the Orton/HHH feud continues into SS, but I sure as hell hope that neither man is champion. The feud is so dominant right now, so personal, that you don't need the belt involved. The belt could be used to anchor a different feud going into SS.

I'd like to see the title given to a heel Batista, and have him just monster his way through the competition.

Either way, neither HHH or Orton should have the belt right now. They simply do not need it.

although i dont hate HHH as much as everyon else, you would have to agree its getting stale. HHH vs Orton, Cena vs Orton, Batista vs Orton, Cena vs Big Show, HHH vs Big Show, HHH vs Batista its all been done literally 10,000 times. The main eventers and the mid carders need to be mixing it up agaisnt each other, somone need to turn face or heel.

There are no suprises , no swerves, no originality it all links back to 1 thing, VINCE !!!!!
I dont think the man wants to or realizes that his product is stale and thats why trips comes up to Vince, and says "HEY VINCE WHY DONT I WRESTLE ORTON AGAIN AS REVENGE" and Vince says "SURE SON THATS A BRILLAINT IDEA" and that is how Orton vs HHH at summerslam gets created.

HHH should be realigning with HBK as DX again annoying Vickie Guerrero out of the main event picture, and you know maybe Kennedy or MVP aren't ready per say, but what were ready for is originality maybe even turn legacy against orton and have dibiase vs orton. These guys can only wrestle vs each other in the main event so long

d

Id be happy if HHH suffered a career ending injury so I dont have to see him in the Main Event for the 100th straight PPV. I bet if he could he'd Main Event a PPV with The Brooklyn Brawler.

i would not see orton vs hhh again their match was far the worst match at wm it would be better if it was a cage match . because the week before mania we see the cage lowered and i thought it was a sign for a cage match but it just like the wwe we cant get want we want. oh yeah didnt vickie said that if hhh uses a sledge hammer he would lose the title i know the ref was k-o but he used it so orton should have won at wm by dq and won the title so at wm i think orton got screwed . and oh yeah i read a sign on raw on monday and it said hhh got screwd no he didnt he won it fair and square its just weird how fans were cheering for him at backlash and at the next night they were booing him.....so no more orton vs hhh match how about an orton vs kennedy match

Why so much MVP love? Sure he got a match with Orton but he isn't going to be main-eventing a major PPV for at least a year unless it's some sort of multi-man affair like the Elimination Chamber or championship scramble. He's good and he's over but he's not main event material yet anymore than Kennedy is.

Raw will have the same 5 guys going after the title until the next draft and those are Orton, HHH, Cena, Batista and Big Show. HBK rarely gets into the title picture now but he's always there of course. With HHH, Cena and HBK out for a while that sets us up for a few months of Batista/Orton matches... joy.

I'd imagine Summerslam will be Orton vs HHH vs Batista in an Evolution-based feud.

most of what quink sayed is prob true. not sure bout the grudge match idea.really doubt it.

i have to say the two i would love to see though is the ecw title match and the ic title match idea of yours if they give them a good amount of time at least. also if kennedy wins and fueds with matt that would be good and let wwe see if kennedy can pull of a tile run that way mvp can also try to go main event on his own but you never know

It will definetely be something similar (Like Orton vs. HHH when he comes back). I know it will never happen but I would like to see Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho for the title by then, that would be a stellar main event.

this is what i think the main matches at summerslam will be...........

wwe title
triple h vs randy orton vs batista

world title T.L.C match
cm punk vs chris jericho vs edge vs jeff hardy

wrestlemania rematch
hbk vs undertaker

last man standing
john cena vs big show

ecw title
christan vs evan boure

us title

matt hardy vs mvp vs mr kenndey

ic title
rey mysterio vs john morrison

grudge match
JTG vs shad

this is how i think summerslam will line up i am proberly wrong but i do think that triple h vs batista vs randy orton will happen at summerslam the battle of evolution

While I do see this as a good chance..MINUS the JTG/Shad match because i mean come on they'd throw the Divas/Santina in place of a Cryme Tyme rivalry.

Has Jeff even resigned yet with WWE? (sry ive been away for about a week and a half havent been able to do any reading) If he hasn't resigned yet, WWE might try to bait him in with the promise of a long title run (theyve done it before to other stars!) Otherwise I don't see Hardy being in that picture at all. Why put a guy up in the Co-Mainevent if he is just going to be leaving immediately following. Last thing WWE wants is to push Hardy as a main eventer then he leaves, and by some miracle ends back up in TNA.

Matt Hardy vs MVP has also been done A LOT.. BUT they do work fairly well together. MVP as a face is still a new concept to me. But to-each-his-own.

Why would they do a rematch of WM for HBK/Taker though? that was a classic match and in all honesty it was done cleanly, no questionable tactics were performed by either side to get a win. If they chose to expand the rivalry it would potentially be Takers last major feud and that would be a tragic way to go out. ESPECIALLY for HBKs rep. Because lets face it Ric Flairs wwe run, ended by HBK, Bret Harts run ended by HBK (and vince and a total fucking bad situation), do we really need HBK labeled as a "career killer"?

Just my :twocents: once again :)

I really don't see HHH/Orton headlining Summerslam. That would mean that Hunter needs to completely stay out of or at least find something else to do at Judgment Day, Extreme Rules, Night of Champions and The Great American Bash before making his way back to Orton again. Even Vince can tell that their 'Mania match bombed. Unless The Aitches has some nagging injuries that he wants to heal over the next few months I don't buy it. I believe that Hunter will sit out Judgment Day and then have one final (possibly Hell in a Cell) match with Orton at Extreme Rules.

to answer/respond to thugz417
jeff is actually number one cont. right now and wz reported that he might stay and do an undertaker schedule or a full one for more cash.

matt/mvp was a fun fued to me and this time matts the heel so it would be dif. porb minus the bball and etc comps lol

and yeah why fuck up the rep. of the current match of the year

I dont think that hardy will win...yea they made him #1 contender but with hardy u nver really know whats going on with him... I feel like they gave him the #1 cont so it give edge a person to beat and possibly make a small title run here and not just have the belt for a month or two maybe actually be a world champion...9 reigns in 3 years come on now....i think edge will hold the belt to maybe summerslam then lose it it will give him a decent title run of what 4-5 months from now..

No way will they do undertake and michaels again for a rematch as said early why do anything with them after the match they had at WM it was amazing and was the only highlight of the night maybe besides MITB.... I think this is the start of HBK taking on a shorter schedule and plus maybe fine a good story line for him to be in maybe even put someone over that is up and coming...possibly miz or matt hardy...

id like to see matt and mvp bc now the roles are reversed of the heels n face...plus i would like them to make MVP a top face for a bit and see how he can run with it if they want him to be the future

big show cena i dont think will happen i feel like cena be back after judgement day and the feud will be over before summer slam even comes around..cena will prob be back in the WWE title pic as u always is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back