SummerSlam: Undertaker vs. Edge

IMO this should be a MOTY candidate but I am 100% sure that Edge will win this match. It should end in some insane spot like a spear off the cell through four tables. Also seeing as how the only other interesting thing on the card is Cena vs Batista this match should be about 45-50 minutes long which will be perfect for these two to show why they are the best in the business.

I see Undertaker winning this match because it's his return match.Despite, the fact that he lost a lot of matches to Edge.I might be mistaken but, I believe Edge and Undertaker are even now.Why?you ask Edge screwed Undertaker out of the hell in a cell match and he won the MITB and cash it in on Undertaker.Undertaker beat Edge for the title at Wrestlemania 24 and now he is in a Hell in a cell match with Edge, he's going to destroy Edge.I, see the Undertaker getting help from Chavo because Edge knocked him out with a conchairco Chavo will get revenge I just know it.This, match will last awhile 45 minutes is to long maybe between 25-35 minutes.I can picture The Undertaker choke slamming Edge through the table on the outside and then pinning him 1,2,and 3.This match will end the feud between the two because I want Undertaker to feud with someone else and Edge too!

I know this probibly doesnt matter but which cell is it going to be...

Is it the old school one that they have basically used in everyone or will it be the latest one that they used in the dx vs mcmahon and big show one?

i think instead of taker taking a spear off the top of the cage through four tables, they could set up the four tables, go to the top...then have edge go for the spear while taker is standing at the edge of the cage. then have taker jump over the running and edge as edge sort of tumbles down through the tables. then taker climbs down and pins edge. i think this would also tie in to edge going crazy lately but in this match it would backfire on him at the end.

I doubt they'd take a bump off the top of the cell. WWE considers that to be too dangerous now, and frankly, I don't blame them. Sure, it would be epic, but is it really worth that high of a risk to a person's health? I think what would be good is if Edge spears taker through the cell, then they both try to get to the top, but one of them falls through the four tables about halfway up.

I loved this feud. It's one of the things that got me excited about wrestling again.[/QUOTE]

Yo man, this is your first post but I'm feeling you on one thing. This fued has gotten me back interested in wrestling, especially Smackdown. I seen more episodes of Smackdown this past summer than I have over the last two years. And now Taker is back and Edge is going crazy, I'm getting excited for Summerslam. I just wish I had the money to order it lol.

You guys have got to be crazy if you're talking about Edge's earlier character being a great charater or Edge being a great contributor to the business - in front of Undertaker. Yes, Edge is a good heel, maybe one of the best heels right now, and maybe his earlier character was even better as it was more aggressive. But take a look at whom you are comparing him with - the personification of dominance, the Undertaker. The man who has been with WWE since 18 years, has made most PPV appearances, has an undefeated record of 16-0 at Wrestlemania and is known as the Phenom, the best pure striker in the history of the game, the most respected athlete in the history of the business, the conscience of the WWE, the measuring stick for all other superstars, the most dominant force in the history of the organization, the coverpage of the WWE history book - for his unmatched in-ring wrestling skills/ speed/ agility despite his size, and his most-recognized character/ gimmick which ruled the 1990s. He is also the locker-room leader back-stage who helps mentor, train and help other wrestlers.

The Undertaker's contribution to this business on-screen as well as back-stage far surpasses Edge and all others because Taker is an all-time great. There is no way in hell that Edge stands any chance in this match - I don't care if its not good for his small career because what matters more is the Undertaker's dominance. WWE needs a name in history which always remained dominant and never gave up with time - that name is the Undertaker, the Dead-man who cannot be hurt. His character and dominance will never be compromised for, or all 18 years of the finest charater-creation will result in a waste. Why do you think Taker defeated Edge and other much greater stars at Wrestlemania?

The only time when Edge became strong in the storyline (with help from Vickie) was when Taker was injured and needed time off. In 2007, he won the title from Taker by encashing his Money in the Bank title after Taker had a brutal steel-cage match with Batista and was attacked by Mark Henry. It was planned that way so that Edge can take the title and Taker can take time off for healing his injury. When he returned, he became the # 1 contender and beat Edge at Wrestlemania as expected. WWE had created the Edge/ Vickie storyline to make Edge look powerful in front of Undertaker because without such help, Edge was no match for Taker as a wrestler or as a character. Taker as a heel during his initial days against Hulk Hogan and later during the ministry has been a much greater heel. And as a face, he has been the greatest fan favourite during 1992-1998 and 2004 onwards. Then again, Taker had a knee injury and needed time off, so they again created the story for "banishment" so that Taker could take a sabbatical. Now that he is healed and ready to return, the Edge/ Vickie relationship is broken. This means that Taker was always the driver for the story because his condition was driving their relationship all the time. Now that they are broken, it means he will take his revenge from Edge and then focus on the title, which will soon be his so that he can have a long title reign before retirement, which was planned way back in 2007 when he won the Royal Rumble to take the title from Batista at Wrestlemania.

Even if Edge goes completely psycho or tries to be his best that he has been in his career and destroys everything - does that even stand a comparision in front of the Undertaker? If you guys feel yes, then I guess you haven't seen any wrestling in the 1990s. Did you know that the 1990s was called as the decade of destruction of the Undertaker? Why do you think Kane was introduced as a half brother of the Undertaker? Would he have gained so much of attention and destruction-status from the fans if he was the brother of Edge or Hogan or Hart or Rock or Stone Cold or any other? Its only Undertaker who can make other wrestlers famous. So many other wrestlers and characters like Giant Gonzales, Kamala, King Kong Bundy, Yokozuna, Mankind, Kane, Paul Bearer, Khali, Mark Henry, Big Show, etc made their career through rivalries or characters related to the Undertaker.

In the match, I don't care if Foley interferes, or if the family interferes, or if Umaga interferes, or if even the masked Kane interferes, be it to help Taker or to beat him - how can you ever expect the avenger, the Undertaker to return after so many months on a losing note? It is just not possible. Taker will beat Edge despite interferences like he did at Wrestlemania 24. Did you hear the fans boo a fan-favourite like Batista at Wrestlemania 23 and cheer for Undertaker? Then what is Edge? The fans have awaited the return of the Deadman since long, how long can you think the WWE will play the stupid Edge gimmick of an affair with Vickie and then the wedding planner?

Nothing is more important than giving respect back to the Undertaker for his contributions to this business for 2 decades. A nobody like Edge can hope to take the title after Taker has retired, because then half of WWE's talent will be gone.

First off edge is not that far under the deadman. yeah undertaker is bigger but do not under estimate edge. he can look good in any feud. edge will probably feud with jeff hardy after this more than likely for title oppurtunitys. undertaker well direcley to hhh or umaga. this cell match better go outside and have some huge moment. but with this shitty pg rating now nothing good will last in this match. if not fucked up though this could be the best in history. if time allowed that is. winner well thats easy.

I have to agree with the long statement about Taker being a far superior character, wrestler and entertainer than Edge. While Edge is one of the best heels right now and his TLC matches during the long lost tag team era were great, there is no way Taker will lose to him at SS. Taker is the Deadman, The Phenom, he is one of the greatest characters EVER!!! I'll never forget his debut at Survivor Series on the million dollar team...He was and is indestructible. As a kid I truly believed he could not be hurt. He turned lights on and off, made lightning strike down from the sky, buried people in caskets and dominated wrestling for two decades. Beyond his great persona he has legitimate wrestling ability. He is the best in the biz and I think it would be a travesty if he does not have a dominating long title run before he retires! I can't wait to hear the bell toll again!

Well, leave it to Mick Foley to save this feud, and then get shown the door, but tha'ts a topic for another thread.

Onto the topic at hand, the reason why most if not everybody is going to be looking for links to watch this show on Sunday Night, Hell in the Cell. Presumably the ending of what has been a pretty damn good feud, but where will the WWE take us.

This has been the year of shock and awe by the WWE. When we expect something to happen, it doesn't happen. I think it's perfectly within reason that a returning Undertaker gets beat Sunday Night by Edge in the Cell, possibly getting the ball rolling on future feuds with these guys.

I simply don't know what you do with Edge if he loses. He'll lose to Triple H and the Undertaker within a month of each other, successfully derailing his recent return to the Psycho edge we all love to hate. I think that the Undertaker's character is obviously strong enough at this point that he can handle the loss.

The build up for this match was awesome as HELL
This HIAC Match will indeed be awesome as HELL

To end the build-up on the last Smackdown Edge kept bringing up Burning In Hell. Can you believe what we could see in this SummerSlam main event thats got me so pumped up.

Besides the match itself we got Undertakers Returning Entrance which we never know how thats gonna be like. It's always bonechilling as they put it. Edge will probably have his buddies inside that Cell (Tables, Ladders & Chairs). There could actually be some FIRE in this match like flaming tables & of course other equipment not to mention the Cell itself.

We know or should I say I know for sure Undertakers so winning this but can you picture the ending. As much as we would like a huge bump from the top of the Cell but nope I think those cell days are over. Still, a huge bump could always be made inside & I got it. Check my ending out - Picture It, Undertaker tombstoning Edge from the top of a ladder & onto a table. OMG!!!

So excited for this Cell match with Takers Return at SummerSlam. Can't Wait!!

I think that the Undertaker's character is obviously strong enough at this point that he can handle the loss.

Edge's character is strong enough as well. As much as I hate Triple H, losing to him shouldn't effect somebody like Edge. And a loss to the Undertaker harms nobody. In keeping with the Vickie storyline as well it makes sense for Edge to move a little down the card. Most people want to see a Jeff Hardy/Edge feud, and they'll get it.

Edge deserves better. He's more entertaining than most people. But a step down opens up oppertunities for more wrestlers. Hardy, MVP & Kennedy would all benefit from a feud with Edge.

I agree. I've already said that Edge has already cemented himself as a main eventer in my and a lot of other people's eyes. Part of that status means that you have to *cough Triple H cough* bring up some of the up and coming talent, and a feud with Edge would do wonders for MVP and/or Kennedy.

Hardy I'm not sure of, I think he still needs to earn his way back. Maybe around this time next year it will be his time.

To be honest ive been a tad worried about this match from the start. What real motivation do either of these guys have to REALLY go crazy here?? Not much. Neither guy really suffers from a loss, certainely nothing is to be gained from a win.

Edge's crazy pseudo joker turn has excited me at least a little though, I will say that. It wouldt make a whole ton of sense for this character of Edge to go in there and not be a crazy animal. Although Edge already sorta "had his shot" so to speak, so he will most likely take the hard fough, wild, bloody loss, and move down the card a tad, and Taker may move on to see Triple H next. I can actually see Familia interfereing FOR the Undertaker, on Edge, in an angle were Edge has lost everything, and turns around to find himself alone, being destroyed. He then works his way back up over the course of the year, being a crazy ass. I dig that. And I feel like that may be were they are going. I see Taker winning this, but Edge will look good, and this may be yet another defining moment for him. He doesnt necessarily need to win, to solidfy himself as our top heel ladies and gentlemen.

Mighty NorCal, I find myself in complete agreement, although I see Edge getting back to the top a little sooner, maybe. I do see Taker getting the nod, setting up a feud with Triple H, culminating by Survivor Series, with Taker winning the WWE Title. By then, Edge is going to be back to being himself, and will probably do an "unfinished business" type angle, and feud with Taker again, this time for the belt, say, Royal Rumble or so, or if they really wanted to draw it out, have Edge win the Rumble, and challenge Taker at Mania, in a rematch from last year...this time, Edge finally ends the Taker's winning streak, and Mark Calloway calls it a career. We know he has been hinting the last few years about wanting to call it a day sooner rather than later, like say, Wrestlemania 25? You know #25 is gonna be special, just because its #25, why not add to it by having Taker retire? So, maybe it only takes 5-7 months for Edge to be back on top, rather than a year.

I guess according to WZ Foley was supposed to play some kind of role in this match, but now he won't. I wonder if Foley was going to help Taker or possibly turn heel and help Edge. I actually really want Edge to win. I dont see it happening since these is Takers "return" match and Edge won last time but I think Edge is at his best right now and I think it would make a huge statment if "crazy" edge could beat Taker clean in the cell. Like I said I dont see it happening also because we just had HHH Vs. Edge at the last PPV, but I think Edge right now is playing the demented, crazy, "joker" like character so good that it might be best for Edge to win. Also Edge doesn't usually win PPV matches clean and I think it would help his character get away from the "coward" heel to full blown "will do anything it takes heel". Anyways if Taker wins I hope they turn HHH heel because I usually get bored of face vs. face, but since Taker & HHH haven't feuded in a while it still might be good.

I just want to see a Tombstone on top of the cell, or a spear OFF the top of the cell. :D

Obviously, neither will happen but a man can dream can't he?

This should be the main event, I expect the top end of the card to be Punk vs JBL, then Cena vs Batista, HHH vs Khali, then HIAC.

I think the Foley/Edge bit really amped up this match, I expect it to be very violent. Whether they go out or the cage or not, I'm not sure, but I can see it being like the Lesnar vs Taker HIAC.

But for all the people saying Taker will DEFINITELY win, didn't they say that about the TLC match?

Man, I want to see this match so badly but the rest of the PPV is just...bleh. .

I agree 100%, just can't see myself shelling out the $40 bucks for just one match, although the HIAC match will more than likely be worth it, just can't do it. I'm curious to see if Taker shows up with a new look or not, not that it matters, just curious is all. Should be an outstanding contest, I see the Deadman getting the win but Edge will no doubt take the Phenom to the limit. I say Taker gets the win with the Chokehold submission after a lengthy and hard fought contest.

After coming back from watching Summerslam at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, all I can say, is this was perhaps the single most satisfying main event of any PPV this year. The HIAC match was incredible, and I have to say, this could be the 2008 match of the year. Seriously. If you didn't order this PPV, and missed it, GET THE ENCORE PRESENTATION. This match alone makes the $39.95 worth it. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. My hat goes off to both the Undertaker and Edge for a match brilliantly done.

I was there live with Steamboat Ricky, and what you all saw on TV doesn't do the live experience justice. This was easily the best match of the night and the best of Taker and Edge's feud. It was truly an epic battle. Great spots, the spear through the ECW table, insane. But the best part was the aftermath, it was just so amazing to see that live. And that fire stunk up Conseco big time. Me and Steamboat were both blown away by the entire event, but more so by this Cell match. One of all the time best cell matches, in my opinion.

Yea i was there live too, and the whole event was amazing, and this IMO Match of the Year was the icing on the cake. This was the 2nd best Cell match (after the original) of all time! This was the best match in their feud. The spear through the cell was the (2nd) coolest thing i saw in that match, Edge going through the mat was the best and the whole fire thing. It was just incredible to be there live and we had great seats!!

Yea i was there live too, and the whole event was amazing, and this IMO Match of the Year was the icing on the cake. This was the 2nd best Cell match (after the original) of all time! This was the best match in their feud. The spear through the cell was the (2nd) coolest thing i saw in that match, Edge going through the mat was the best and the whole fire thing. It was just incredible to be there live and we had great seats!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show I used to live in Fort Wayne and I lived about 2 hours away from Conseco. Great building. The match was great I liked the spear through the cell too. I thought it was kinda corny that Taker was using Edge's moves to win the match. It made me feel like they were saying his own moves weren't good enough to put Edge away. But I guess it makes sense because edge did these moves to "retire" Undertaker so he was just getting revenge. I liked the whole sending him to Hell thing too nice touch.

yea i think with taker using edges moves it was, sending the message that "payback is a bitch" type of thing, you kno a "taste of ure own medicine, like a "...." i cant think of anymore cliches but thats how i feel bout it.
the sending edge to hell thing was sweet and i think it will give edge a much deserved short break from wrestling.

Well it's pretty obvious to me that Edge was buried again...literally. Last month it was HHH, and now it's Undertaker. The best performer in the business has been forced to job to the two biggest politicking cowards in pro wrestling and I don't like it one damn bit. If Copeland is going to get disrespected like this, I think he should just quit and head for Hollywood. No use putting his body on the line any further.

Same old shit from Vince and the WWE.

ummm....if you think copeland should go to hollywood hes not that great of an actor. And i was kind of disappointed with the match seeing as how it ended with a tombstone just a normal one too. I say edges return will be huge and i really think it will be soon too. The only thing i dont know is what show. I was thinking and maybe since orton is done again that edge will go to Raw. Make his return at Unforgiven maybe....idk i guess time will tell, because he and vickie have more story still in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back