• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Backlash: Undertaker vs. Edge

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

World Heavyweight Championship Match
(c) Undertaker vs Edge

After winning the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania and moving to 16-0 on the Grandest Stage of Them All, Undertaker now heads into Backlash to defend his title against the obsessed former champion, Edge.

The rivalry between The Phenom and the Rated-R Superstar has been on and off for nearly a full year, with each Superstar holding the gold during that time. Edge had time and time again slipped through the clutches of Undertaker, but his overconfidence heading into WrestleMania XXIV may have been what cost Edge the title. Now he must face an uphill battle in trying to take it back from The Deadman.

The Ultimate Opportunist vowed to the entire Rated-R entourage and to his fiancée, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero, that he would win back the title from Undertaker. At Backlash, the Rated-R Superstar will have the opportunity to live up to those words when he challenges The Phenom for the gold.

Will Edge’s vow to Vickie come full circle at Backlash? Can the Rated-R Superstar and his entourage find a way to peel the gold away from Undertaker? Or will the best laid plans of the Ultimate Opportunist rest in peace thanks to the World Heavyweight Champion, The Deadman?

Should be an interesting match, but I feel this will be a big let down as I doubt they will get the time they got at Wrestlemania. I can see this being a match where the Undertaker gets DQ'd and giving Edge the victory to continue the feud to Judgment Day. I think its a good idea holding off a gimmick match between these two for awhile as usually gimmick matches mean the end of a fued and I think we could get that Judgment Day. I expect this time to see a good match, but with Edge pulling every trick of the bag to win and getting frustrated by his lack of not getting the job done. I really can see where Edge's crew comes downs and gets invloved and Taker taking them to knock Edge out and getting DQ'd. Should be a nice match but i doubt it be the main event again.

Nah, prolly won't be the main event this time around. I keep thinking they'll end up adding a gimmick, but that will probably be saved for Judgement Day after some stupid ass DQ or countout. Oh well, should be a good match in the middle of the card, only to be fucked by one of those dumb WWE finishes. This won't end here. Maybe, afterwards Vickie fucks over Taker for a TLC at Judgement day.

I'd say there's a 95% chance that this ends with a DQ.

I'd like to see Undertaker get disqualified, however, instead of having the typical "heel gets caught doing something wrong, gets the DQ, gets a shot anyway" kind of thing. I'd like to see Edge pull out all sorts of stops (tries to use a chair, tries to hit him with the belt, gets the "Rated Rmy" as some have called them to help attack Undertaker, etc) and finally, Taker just gets pissed off and goes apeshit on them, getting himself disqualified. Then, Edge would be justified in his request for a rematch, but asks for it to be a gimmick of some sort with no disqualifications, hoping that he'll be able to seal the deal with that. Then, of course, he loses, as Undertaker is having a long title reign.

Then hopefully Edge goes to Raw in place of Orton at the draft as they both have feuded with everyone on their side.

I haven't seen the Mania match yet. I doubt I will either. I'm probably just going to wait for the DVD. So this will be my first time seeing them, as of late anyway.

I have to say that this is one match that will never live up to the hype. They'll always have solid matches, but I doubt they'll be having any great ones. This will end in a DQ or count out. They can't have Edge losing twice then getting another shot at Judgment Day. Can they? Oh yeah he's fucking Vickie Guerrero now. So I'm predicting possibly a TLC or cage match at JD. HIAC would be better, but I think it's too soon.

I think in the means of building, Edge might have a much better shot at being dominate this time around. Going into Wrestlemania, Edge was the Champion and countlessly running away from the Undertaker.

This time around, Edge needs to take it to the Undertaker and prove that hes a threat. After having a match at Wrestlemania, it should be in Edge's mind that he almost did defeat the Undertaker and thus not fear facing him as much the second time around.

I hope they stretch this feud out to at least one more gimmick match, as their Wrestlemania match didn't pick up until the middle, and then it got extremely hot to end it out. I think this entire match could be a 5 star match if done right. If anything, they should also make this match a No Disqualification match.. that way the Edge-heads & Chavo Guerrero can interfere and it'll give Edge even more on his side and even more for the fans to hate him.

One thing I'd love to see, although it was stupid when it happened before. Another version of Triple H./The Rock from 2000. If these two are going to fight back and forth for multiple matches/monthes, then I suggest they give Edge the Championship at Backlash, after having him and his group screw Taker out of the Championship.. This could build to Judgment Day, in a possible Hell in a Cell match.

I know its stupid to pass the Championship back and forth, but it didn't seem to hurt the Rock or Triple H. when they did it. And in the end, it'll give Taker & Edge both one more Championship reign to claim onto. I think that'd be interesting, to say the least. And it'll add more fuel to the fire (so to speak) in their final match.

One thing I'd love to see, although it was stupid when it happened before. Another version of Triple H./The Rock from 2000. If these two are going to fight back and forth for multiple matches/monthes, then I suggest they give Edge the Championship at Backlash, after having him and his group screw Taker out of the Championship.. This could build to Judgment Day, in a possible Hell in a Cell match.

I know its stupid to pass the Championship back and forth, but it didn't seem to hurt the Rock or Triple H. when they did it. And in the end, it'll give Taker & Edge both one more Championship reign to claim onto. I think that'd be interesting, to say the least. And it'll add more fuel to the fire (so to speak) in their final match.

You know that wouldn't be a bad thing Will, I just done see WWE doing that. Though I can see them having the feud go till Judgment Day or even as late as One Night Stand, since ONS is a gimmick filled PPV. It would make great good tv for Edge to win the championship at Backlash and bait the Deadman into his match at Judgment Day a TLC and have Taker regain the gold. Then at ONS have Edge want his rematch in Takers match HIAC, though at ONS Edge would lose and end of their feud. Nice Idea Will, though knowing WWE they will not do it and the big question is after this feud where does Edge go from here? At the moment I have no idea.

You know that wouldn't be a bad thing Will, I just done see WWE doing that. Though I can see them having the feud go till Judgment Day or even as late as One Night Stand, since ONS is a gimmick filled PPV.

If they pushed it to One Night Stand, it might ruin the credibility of both men. I'd like to think it wouldn't but everyone gets tired of the same thing over and over. Triple H. v. The Rock from 2000 was the biggest draw of the year, and I know I was pissed that they kept fighting month after month.

It would make great good tv for Edge to win the championship at Backlash and bait the Deadman into his match at Judgment Day a TLC and have Taker regain the gold. Then at ONS have Edge want his rematch in Takers match HIAC, though at ONS Edge would lose and end of their feud.

I'm not sure if they'd push Edge to lose another T.L.C. match, after dropping the last one to John Cena IN Edge's hometown of Toronto. Although I could see Edge winning at Backlash.. in a No Disqualification match, or a regular match..

Then, push it to a Casket match at Judgment Day where Edge has Chavo Guerrero, the Edgeheads and countless other heels help him retain. Thus having Undertaker want Edge one on one without any outside interference inside Hell in a Cell, at One Night Stand. If thats the case, it'd be beautiful.. but its too "thought out" for the W.W.E. to do it.

Nice Idea Will, though knowing WWE they will not do it and the big question is after this feud where does Edge go from here? At the moment I have no idea.

I think Edge will turn on Vickie after Backlash to be honest. If this feud ends at Backlash with Taker winning cleanly, Edge will be upset that Vickie didn't do more to help him win his Championship back.. thus he'll turn on her, or she'll discover that hes been cheating on her with another diva. (Nattie??)

Then it'll go from there into possibly Kane v. Edge, Batista v. Edge, any other number of faces v. Edge in grudge matches in which Vickie gets revenge.

EDIT: Either that, or Edge gets "drafted" back to Raw and he'll end up either getting a slight World Championship push on Raw, or stuck in MainEvent/Non Title feuds with Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Triple H., or John Cena.

EDIT: Either that, or Edge gets "drafted" back to Raw and he'll end up either getting a slight World Championship push on Raw, or stuck in MainEvent/Non Title feuds with Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Triple H., or John Cena.

Man, I really hope that this happens. Orton's feuded with everyone that's currently on Raw (so has Umaga), and Edge has feuded with everyone that's currently on Smackdown. I'd love to see Edge be the top heel on Raw with the likes of Kennedy and possibly a heel HHH. To sit through another year of the same matches (Edge/Batista, Edge/Taker, Edge/Mysterio...Orton/Cena, Orton/HHH, Orton/HBK, Orton/Jericho, Orton/Hardy) would be boring despite how a lot of those guys are talented. And even though it hasn't been a ridiculously long time since we've seen something like Edge/HBK, its still further back in time than Edge/Batista. Switching Edge and Orton would be one of the best draft moves after Edge finishes his program with the Undertaker.

this one will probably be a last man standing match like last year with batista and the undertaker and ending in a double count out come judgement day in a cage match both fall to the floor at the same time like last year and because undertaker is supposed to have a long title run in a buried alive match undertaker will still be champ what u think

I dont know why nobody thinks that Taker is going to go over cleanly. I am sure it will be some type of gimmic match, but I dont see Edge winning the title back either way. Last years Last Man Standing match with Batista/Taker was different because both of them were faces, so they wanted to make both of them look strong, not to mention there was nobody on the roster for Taker to face. I think that Taker will go over cleanly, but Edge will get another shot because Vickie will make it happen. After one more PPV match, I would expect Taker to go over cleanly again, then fued with the Big Show for a couple months follwed by Umaga.

If this does happen, I agree with the fact that Edge will probably leave Vickie or cheat on her, which could lead to a continued fued between Edge and the returning Rey Mysterio, that is what makes the most sense to me.

this one will probably be a last man standing match like last year with batista and the undertaker and ending in a double count out come judgement day in a cage match both fall to the floor at the same time like last year and because undertaker is supposed to have a long title run in a buried alive match undertaker will still be champ what u think

That would be a good idea, but I don't think they would do the exact same thing as last year, at least not both with having a Last Man Standing Match with them both being counted out and Both Men escape the cage at the same time, although it could work well if it didn't already happen, it would just be Deja Vu with different people.

But I think it would be a great idea for Edge to turn on Vickie as this was a plan just for Edge to get back to the top, where he dated Vickie so he could have the power and become World Champion, so if he loses all of his chances, I can see him turning on Vickie in the next couple months after Edge shows signs of frustrations. But I think that Undertaker will retain his championship and they will move Edge onto other feuds.

Undertaker is not losing his championship, not going to happen, we are talking about the Undertaker here. This match might end in a DQ, but I still would not be surprised for Edge to almost beat Taker, only for once again Taker to pick up the clean win. Edge will get another shot due to Vickie, again lose, he will cheat on Vickie and leave her, Rey comes back and they have a fued, while Taker has title fueds with Big Show and Umaga.

Note I think that Batista is going to be traded to Raw in the draft, that is why I dont see him in any fueds on Smackdown in the future, there just doesn't seem to be anything there for him. I know they were talking about him continuing a fued with Umaga, but that has been scrapped on account of HBK

IIIIII geeet to seeeee thiiiiis :)

Rather fired up to see a rematch. And a lot of times, when two guys get used to working together, they begin putting on better matches, so maybe this one will be even BETTER than the quality we saw at WM. Im hoping a gimmick is thrown in at some point between here and then. Its highly doubtfull that Taker drops the belt back to Edge, but I wouldnt say out of the question, as Im sure this will be at least, a middle match of three. Hopefully we get better than a DQ ending in this.

I don't see Undertaker dropping the title to Edge here. Undertaker will win a 15-20 minute match. Undertaker most likely will win by DQ after the Edgeheads try to interfere in the match. Like the Chavo-Kane match I don't see this match being the end of the feud, unless they do have a draft before Judgment Day,then maybe this match probably will be the end of the feud if Edge gets drafted to Raw. I agree with NorCal, I also hope they add a gimmick to this match at some point before Backlash like a No-DQ or TLC or Hell In A Cell

With the lack of any other major challenger for Taker as it stands (Draft lottery could change things a bit of course) , I don't see this one ending any time soon. As for this match , I can't see Taker dropping the belt , but I also cannot see him winning cleanly.

I get the feeling Kane will end up getting involved too. Maybe after the match has officially ended. Edge to get his crew involved to give him every possible chance to win. Then someone gets DQ'd , probably Taker going stikz (as someone mentioned above).

This one won't end yet.

Man I would love to see Edge pick up the win here. Not so much because I like Edge more then I do Taker, but I want to see the title get bounced around between these two leading up to some big gimmick match (buried alive or Hell In A Cell) at Judgment Day. The match itself though, I think Taker will retain, but probably under a DQ. I can see Edge getting overly frustrated and either having his mates beat down Taker. Or Taker could get sick of the Edgeheads and crack them all with a chair. I doubt this will be the end of the feud which I am ok with. So again I say. Undertaker retains, but Edge wins the match setting up for a grand finale at Judgment Day. *crosses fingers that Edge gets the belt back till Judgment Day*

Well i heard that taker will prob get one last reign before his retirement later on but as for the match at Backlash i see taker keeping the whc ..... and i hope this will continue till one night stand and end in either a hell in a cell or tlc match .... as for the finish i see it gong either way could be a clean one could not be but i hope this will be as good of a showing for them two as we saw at wm24.... but the bottom line is taker wins and the feud will end either at judgment day or one night stand.

Just as a nice curveball, I'd like to see Edge win it back, and then have Taker win it back again at Judgement Day. Don't throw in a gimmcik match though, ONS is just around the corner. Let them have a street fight there.

The Undertaker will most likely keep the belt at Backlash because I think he is getting one last long title reign before he retires. There is no reason for the belt to change hands at Backlash, they have had a long fued and this won't be the match to finish the fued totally. That will probably be saved for a HiaC match sometime. Until then, it might be just a back and forth match, but with Edge using his underhanded tactics to win, to keep his heel status going strong.

It won't end at Backlash because they will probably want the fued togo on a little bit longer.

Remember how many times Taker fought Batista after Mania? Only to end when Taker got injured? This'll go to JD i think, and Taker will have his title run for a while yet. The whole (totally vile and disrespectful) Vickie Guerrero angle (honestly, how does she sleep at night?) will ensure Edge as many title shots as he wants until he gets sick of losing to Taker, blames Vickie and that's how it ends w/ Taker moving on to a new opponent (probably Umaga) and Edge getting in someone else's face perhaps because of Vickie

I'd kind of like to see this feud end here (I very much doubt that it will!) and hopefully Edge's will turn on Vickie and with Chavo now strapless, we could see some kind of Edge/Chavo feud? But more likely is that it'll end in a DQ/Countout and they'll have a gimmick match at JD.

taker will beat edge via pin he will get a rematch on smack down and it went in a dq then edge go o eon one with taker at judgement day the ote opponet i think taker wll take on big show rey batista umaga and certainy orton

I see it being one hell of a match and hoping it will take the main event slot. I see Undertaker gaining a clean pinfall win. Should be a good little match.

Yeh i really enjoyed their Wrestlemania match, and this should be a really good follow up match. Taker should retain here, and will, but i see Edge getting his way after and asking for a Hell IN A Cell Match at Judgement Day for the title claming to end the Dead Man at his own game.

I just hope WWE doesnt end this with a DQ, i am sick and tired of DQ's in the WWE, there are no need for them. Let this match have time and it will be another great one and let it end clean, fans will leave the arena happy and fans will not have a bad taste in their mouth afterwards.

Anywho, im really looking forward to this rematch, but i see Taker winning it setting up a Hell in a Cell Match at Judgement Day!

What will happen is at backlash one of two things will probably happen:

1. Edge will get DQ by the edge heads or chavo or someone. This then carrying on edge and takers rivalry to judgment day.
2. Taker will have a cleen victory over edge hitting the tombstone and winning in a fairly simple way therefore ending the rivlry between edge and taker.

Think of this: Edge or anyone else for that matter will not win the World Heavywight Championship for a long time because last year taker was promised a long titile riegn but went out with an injury so the odds are that this year will be the year of taker long title riegn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back