Summerslam 2015: Sting VS Shawn Michaels?

Michael J. Fox

Dark Match Winner
Wrestlemania went from HHH v. Sting to NWO v. DX for a brief moment. Pretty cool nostalgia, yadda yadda. Shawn Michaels was the beginning of the end for Sting, leading to his first WWE loss - which was his first ever.

1. Shawn Michaels is retired.
2. Sting has been rumored to have more than one match left, and could use some relevancy if expected to face Taker at WM32.

Would Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for one match against Sting do WWE business? Storyline wise they made Sting take the high road after Wrestlemania about the loss so its not in revenge mode. Just a thought.

Note: only chose Summerslam for it's profile.

I like the match, feud potential etc of Sting vs Shawn..I'd have loved to have seen this feud a good half-decade ago..It's too late to try it now. Shawn coming out of retirement simply to face Sting and then disappearing back to Texas really would make no sense in the long run..

Just let Shawn stay retired and instead of Sting facing Shawn, he could always face Orton at Summerslam..I'd like to see this happen because, for one, a face Orton(which sadly is what is happening) is atrocious to watch..I much prefer the sadistic, blood-thirsty Orton who doesn't give a fuck instead of this smiling, crowd-pandering putz Orton is at the moment..

By Orton facing Sting at Summerslam, not only does it FINALLY give Orton a fresh feud with someone he's literally never wrestled against in his life, it also gives Orton an excuse to go back to being "The Legend Killer" and vowing to Punt Sting's skull in.

Anything that gets Michaels out of retirement draws and works. Sting works as well as anyone else especially after the Superkick from Mania. Unfortunately I think you are more likely to see Sting get his win back from HHH at SummerSlam than Michaels coming out of retirement.

Shawn is not coming out of retirement. Especially not for SummerSlam. Shawn had a perfect exit after his two Mania matches with Taker. And he has said himself he doesn't want to change that because he know's it's perfect. Besides, if Shawn Michaels is going to have one more match, you better believe it's at WrestleMania, and no other show. But, I highly doubt it. We have seen the last of HBK in active competition. As cool as Shawn vs. Sting could have been, it didn't work out. And I'm ok with that.

Shawn has always said, for him to come out of retirement, the angle pitched would have to be something he has never done before and something that would intrigue the crowd greatly. I'd say the only two possible pitches that Michaels may CONSIDER coming out of retirement for, are Shawn vs The Rock or Shawn vs Sting. However, Shawn seems completely content in retirement and I highly doubt that he would come back to job to Sting, because that is what has to happen if this match were to actually go down. Though I will say, I believe that Superkick was inserted JUST to tease the possibility.

It would be interesting no doubt to see Sting and Michaels have a good 15 minute bout, but there really is no reason to bring Shawn out of retirement at this point. HHH can accomplish the same thing with Sting that Shawn could have, and I'm not even fully sure that Sting is going to be around for Summerslam. It would be cool to see, but it really has no upside on Shawn's part.

HBK would surely put on a good match up against Sting, but if I were booking WWE the only match I would be pulling HBK out of retirement for would be verses HHH or Daniel Bryan and even that is pushing it. Losing against HHH at Mania then shaking HHH's hand after was a horrible decision in my opinion unless this loss is leading to some bigger picture it kinda killed a majority of his credibillity. I know myself will be less interested in whatever his next match is after that loss.

Wrestlemania went from HHH v. Sting to NWO v. DX for a brief moment. Pretty cool nostalgia, yadda yadda. Shawn Michaels was the beginning of the end for Sting, leading to his first WWE loss - which was his first ever.

2. Sting has been rumored to have more than one match left, and could use some relevancy if expected to face Taker at WM32.

Would Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for one match against Sting do WWE business? Storyline wise they made Sting take the high road after Wrestlemania about the loss so its not in revenge mode. Just a thought.

Rumored ? Sting has 6 appearance deal and after that he is gone from wwe and back to TNA ( why else is TNA selling his 2 set DVD set?) After his huge embarassment loss and useless build up I hate to see him job to anyone else
I say STING vs Y2Jobber Chris is the perfect match for STING to win and should have been the match@ WM31 so come summerslam STING vs Jericho should be a match all fans want to see. Shawna Michaels is retired and buried due to slip disk and back problems all these years I don t see that happening!

Sting vs. Shawn absolutely will not happen. Shawn retired on a great note, with a tremendous career, and has said he won't sully that. Sting taking a bump for Shawn at WrestleMania was devised as a cool moment to paper over a gap, in that we'll never see an actual match between them.

Undertaker, Shawn, Triple H and Rock were always the glaring gaps in Sting's resume. He's dealt fully with one of those, and party addressed another with some on-screen interaction. Sting and Rock's characters don't seem to mesh well, but they were both massive stars in the late 90s and early 2000s, and in a perfect world, would have met, Still, it's not as much of an omission as Undertaker. That match HAS to happen, to solidify Sting as an A guy who's more or less faced all the megastars of his era (we saw him face Hogan, Austin, Savage, Flair, Bret, Angle, Foley, Goldberg outside WWE).

Could never see HBK coming back out of retirement. His body was damaged in 2004 - he was on the path to retirement even then. HBK has not competed for 5 years now; and I doubt he would want to come back and tarnish his retirement match and fairwell.

I love how people think that HHH cheating and having to call on all kinds of reinforcements to beat Sting is jobbing, yet his years in TNA losing to nobodies - who have had no benefit or elevation from having beaten Sting - isn't. Why would he go back to TNA? If losing to HHH in front of 77,000 is jobbing, then what is losing to Generic Nobody A in front of 300?

Sting is not done. No way would they send him out to do that interview on the network if he was done. There would have been a bigger deal, or some retirement speech. Anyway, once he is done, he is going nowhere but into the Hall of Fame and very sweet money for WWE merch, DVDs and one off appearances.

As for HBK vs Sting I don't see it happening, any more than Road Dogg vs Hall or Nash vs X-Pac. HBK is retired and for good in my eyes. It was just the logical step after the NWO came out. Will Sting have some kind of revenge against HHH and the authority? It seems a silly way to end an angle if there is no more mention of it... but then Taker never faced Lesnar once his streak was ended... I see Sting wrestling in WWE again. But not vs HBK.

I believe Sting will wrestle at Summerslam and Wrestlemania for sure, and *possibly* Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble. Other than that, not a lot. Given he shook the hand of Triple H, I would be surprised if they had a one-on-one rematch, though there is certainly some scope for an nWo & Sting v D-Generation X (without Shawn Michaels) match at some point, perhaps as a Summerslam special attraction match. (Would also allow Hogan his 'one more match' that he has been trying to shape up for).

As for who else he will face, if, as I hope, he DOES face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32, I can see him having a 'warm up' versus Kane (due to style similarities) at the Royal Rumble - I expect BIG things at next year's Rumble to build up WM and try and break that 100k attendance - and having Sting face Kane there will pretty much guarantee he goes to Cowboys Stadium to face 'Taker, gives him a win between two 'Mania losses, and 'tunes him up' so they don't have to use the same shortcuts as Trips & he used in Santa Clara.

Rumored ? Sting has 6 appearance deal and after that he is gone from wwe and back to TNA ( why else is TNA selling his 2 set DVD set?) After his huge embarassment loss and useless build up I hate to see him job to anyone else
I say STING vs Y2Jobber Chris is the perfect match for STING to win and should have been the match@ WM31 so come summerslam STING vs Jericho should be a match all fans want to see. Shawna Michaels is retired and buried due to slip disk and back problems all these years I don t see that happening!

One, TNA isn't selling a Sting DVD because he's coming back, they are selling one BECUASE HE ISNT COMOING BACK and they are trying to capitalize on his appearance in WWE.

Second, why would anyone be remotely interested in Sting-Jericho....Jericho has done nothing of relevance since 2009, his appearances since then have been extremely short, relegated usually to the bottom half of the card, and he always loses. Unless Jericho committed to a full time schedule and got a monster 6-8 month push he would have no credibility and even less interest.

Sting will proably return at some point to face HHH again...and win, since Mania really was just one big giant PPV about putting over The Authority with HHH & Rollins winning big, bringing the World Title (FINALLY) back to the group, and in the aftermath eliminating Lesnar as an opponent or challenger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sting return either this summer or fall when The Authority truly get out of hand, probably at the behest of some put upon, overwhelmed fan fave, and challenge HHH again, maybe this time with some sort of caveat such as "HHH Win = Sting Leaves Forever & Sting Win = Lesnar Reinstated"....that would give the re match some real juice in terms of importance and just like their Mania Match (which solidified the new Authority Dominance Storyline) would have major implications for upcoming storylines contributing to the show once he is gone.

Then if they want to do something with Sting at RR & Mania the door is open.

I would like to think HBK will be one of the few guys that retires and STAYS retired.

I'd prefer to see Orton revisit his old legend killer gimmick and wind up facing the icon instead. And this is coming from a guy that can't stand Orton!

I don't know how good the match would be, but it would most certainly draw. It'd have the novelty of Sting vs. HBK for the first time in their careers and the novelty of HBK coming out of retirement for one more match so yeah, there's money to be made here.

The same questions regarding conditioning and health remain and apply to both guys, however. Sting isn't what he was 10 or even 5 years ago and there might be all kinds of ring rust on Michaels. Michaels is 50 years old himself, or extremely close to it, and there's a strong possibility that he's nothing like what he was when last we saw him against Taker.

The match would draw and the nostalgia factor would probably be enough for most fans, especially if they included DX and the nWo in things. As with Sting vs. Triple H, it'd be a cool spectacle but it wouldn't cause me to mark out.

If you really want to do this, Shawn is up for it, and they want to build Sting vs Taker at WM32, the booking is quite easy. Make it so taker "tests" Sting in the big PPV's, to build up for the mania match.

On one Raw, sting calls the taker out, video answer of him saying "you are not ready" or something like that, all the lights go out, and Shawn theme hits, making it clear that he has Taker's approval to "test" Sting at Summerslam. Hell, they could have done something like that for Brock when he was going to break the streak.

Sting will proably return at some point to face HHH again...and win, since Mania really was just one big giant PPV about putting over The Authority with HHH & Rollins winning big, bringing the World Title (FINALLY) back to the group, and in the aftermath eliminating Lesnar as an opponent or challenger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sting return either this summer or fall when The Authority truly get out of hand, probably at the behest of some put upon, overwhelmed fan fave, and challenge HHH again, maybe this time with some sort of caveat such as "HHH Win = Sting Leaves Forever & Sting Win = Lesnar Reinstated"....that would give the re match some real juice in terms of importance and just like their Mania Match (which solidified the new Authority Dominance Storyline) would have major implications for upcoming storylines contributing to the show once he is gone.

Then if they want to do something with Sting at RR & Mania the door is open.

LMAO don t make me laugh and as a FLAIR FAN you followed the Naitch in TNA as well I am sure. Steve Borden left in very good terms with Dixie Carter and he has a 6 appearance deal if anything STING will be inducted in the hall of fame probably at WM32! There is no rematch of HHHvs STING he lost he was humiliated,embarassed and his legacy was tarnished! If STING did the right choice to job last minute without him knowing about it was an awful decision and because TNA DID RELEASE A 2 PART DVD SET and STILL SELLING HIS MERCHANDISE IS BECAUSE HE IS RETURNING TO TNA!
He has no desire to stick around in a sinking titanic ship and get lost in the shuffle like the rest of the BENCHWARMERS do in wwe! And your idea is really stupid to say Authority would never retire or disband it didn t work when cena did it cause Seth Rollins brought them back on so no fat chance of Authority ever leaving I see STING losing again and leaving for TNA and that is the final curtain for him! In this match STING would lose and leave forever
HHH vs Brock Lesner is in the works and there is no indication of STING ever showing his face after the humiliation he got in nWM31! Brock turning face when he returns and feuding with Seth Rollins and Authority figure HHH part 2

I believe Sting will wrestle at Summerslam and Wrestlemania for sure, and *possibly* Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble. Other than that, not a lot. Given he shook the hand of Triple H, I would be surprised if they had a one-on-one rematch, though there is certainly some scope for an nWo & Sting v D-Generation X (without Shawn Michaels) match at some point, perhaps as a Summerslam special attraction match. (Would also allow Hogan his 'one more match' that he has been trying to shape up for).

As for who else he will face, if, as I hope, he DOES face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32, I can see him having a 'warm up' versus Kane (due to style similarities) at the Royal Rumble - I expect BIG things at next year's Rumble to build up WM and try and break that 100k attendance - and having Sting face Kane there will pretty much guarantee he goes to Cowboys Stadium to face 'Taker, gives him a win between two 'Mania losses, and 'tunes him up' so they don't have to use the same shortcuts as Trips & he used in Santa Clara.

Sting has 6 appearance deal and after that he is gone from wwe and back to TNA ( why else is TNA selling his 2 set DVD set?) After his huge embarassment loss and useless build up I hate to see him job to anyone else
I say STING vs Y2Jobber Chris is the perfect match for STING to win at SUMERSLAM should have been the match@ WM31 instead of losing to HHH and jobbing majorly cause all that build up was a waste of time and pointless . Come summerslam STING vs Jericho should be a match all fans want to see. Shawna Michaels is retired and buried due to slip disk and back problems all these years I don t see that happening! He retired 2003 and came back faced HHH and later on at WM25 lost to underfaker and retired since 2010 I don t see him coming back again. How many times can a person keep retiring on and off ?
Did you see WM31 ?Underfaker was in bad shape it took him 15 mins to walk slowly to the ring he needs a walker or cane and his body is badly bruised
Although many disapproved of him winning he should have pushed talent over and let Bray Wyatt win after all the work and promos he did.
Should have passed the torch to the future of darkness instead of winning cause it was pointless, so I don t see STING vs underfaker and if STING jobs again his legacy is destroyed more

I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense since HHH was the one to get the win at WrestleMania not Sting. Remember how Taker beat HBK twice and HHH stepped up to the plate to face Taker next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back