WCW/nWo VS WWE/DX.... at Survivor Series 2015!!

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
After the WrestleMania Dream match between the Crow and the Terminator, I now would love to see a traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match between the New World Order and D-Generation X. I don't care how old they are or whoever is "retired", include these 10 Legends.

New World Order - Hollywood Hulk Hogan, the Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall), and Sting (in Wolfpac attire), with their manager, Ric Flair

D-Generation X - Triple H, X - Pac, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Bad @$$), with their manager, Shawn Michaels

I think this match could get more subscribers. The nostalgia was too much for me, but I want to see more of the Kliq. Make the Big 4, the BIG 4 again. The following year, remix it and do it one more time.

The Millionaires Club - Hulk Hogan, Sting, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Bad @$$), with their manager, Ric Flair

The Clique - Triple H, the Ousiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall), and X-Pac, with their manager, Shawn Michaels

That's how you make one hit record into two. Think of the merchandise!!

As a one off, maybe, but not two years in a row - nostalgia is one thing but several of those participants can't 'go' anymore anywhere NEAR the level we expect - and 3 of them are the nWo

Your idea is sound in that nostalgia sells. These are all guys from the most profitable point in the history of the sport, and the fans of that era have families and incomes. If they could all compete, it would be a license to print money.

The challenge is getting these guys cleared to compete. It's very unlikely that Hogan or Hall would pass the WWE physical for in ring competitiion, otherwise we would have likely seen them in a mania match instead of running interference. Nash is likely iffy as well, likely the same for X-Pac.

I think what we saw at Mania 31 is what we get. I wouldn't be too shocked if we get Triple H vs Sting II at Summerslam, and these men might be involved similarly, but I think the wrestling days are behind most of these guys except Sting, Trips, and the Outlaws.

If only the pieces fell into place and your match suggestion happened in the early 2000s. That would have been something else. The Invasion done right.

DX vs nWo would be a fun match for Survivor Series and would allow Sting to avenge his loss!

I don't seem to remember Flair been a part of the nWo though? How about Eric Bischoff as their manager? The only issue then is I don't see WWE putting over the WCW group with Bischoff involved. But it would make sense he was part of it from a creative standpoint.

I think this match is a possibility, but doubt it will actually go ahead due to the age/condition of some of the guys and the fact that HBK is officially retired.

The guys from DX can still go- obviously Triple H is still in phenomenal condition, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg wrestled fairly recently for WWE so would be able to perform, but then there's Shawn Michaels who would likely be able to still have a great match, but has already said he's wrestled for the final time. Perhaps he could manage the trio of HHH and The New Age Outlaws.

But look at the nWo- Hogan and Hall are both done, definitely. Neither man is able to wrestle a match. Hogan can't even drop his leg any more and Hall is a physical wreck. Big Sexy CAN wrestle to an extent- I'm actually seeing him perform later this month in the UK in a tag team match, and X-Pac still wrestles on the indies. IF Sting was to be involved in this match, it would have to be as follows.

Team DX: Triple H, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn w/Shawn Michaels

vs

Team nWo: Kevin Nash, Sting and Syxx w/Hollywood Hogan and Scott Hall.

I still think it's weird that the nWo helped out Sting, as he was the guy who was trying to take them down for so long in WCW. I know he joined the Wolfpac eventually, but not the original nWo- plus HBK (who helped out HHH) was inducting Nash into the HOF the night before. Bit silly, but I don't care, it was a great WrestleMania moment.

I think this match is a possibility, but doubt it will actually go ahead due to the age/condition of some of the guys and the fact that HBK is officially retired.

The guys from DX can still go- obviously Triple H is still in phenomenal condition, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg wrestled fairly recently for WWE so would be able to perform, but then there's Shawn Michaels who would likely be able to still have a great match, but has already said he's wrestled for the final time. Perhaps he could manage the trio of HHH and The New Age Outlaws.

But look at the nWo- Hogan and Hall are both done, definitely. Neither man is able to wrestle a match. Hogan can't even drop his leg any more and Hall is a physical wreck. Big Sexy CAN wrestle to an extent- I'm actually seeing him perform later this month in the UK in a tag team match, and X-Pac still wrestles on the indies. IF Sting was to be involved in this match, it would have to be as follows.

Team DX: Triple H, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn w/Shawn Michaels

vs

Team nWo: Kevin Nash, Sting and Syxx w/Hollywood Hogan and Scott Hall.

I still think it's weird that the nWo helped out Sting, as he was the guy who was trying to take them down for so long in WCW. I know he joined the Wolfpac eventually, but not the original nWo- plus HBK (who helped out HHH) was inducting Nash into the HOF the night before. Bit silly, but I don't care, it was a great WrestleMania moment.

Completely disagree with Hogan and Hall being 'done'.

If Vince aged 67 or a stroke victim like Bret Hart can 'wrestle' in the ring, Hall and Hogan can. This is a 4 on 4 match, they can easily do a few spots in the ring and be carried by the other participants.

We aren't asking them to moonsault or chain wrestle for gods sake. Get in the ring, throw a few punches, drop a clothesline, a few stomps etc. Easy.

I don't think this is happening. Hall can't wrestle anymore. Hogan barely can. This is really the case where it should have happened 14 years ago. We had the nWo vs DX moment at this year's Wrestlemania. And it was awesome. But a match? I'd say 99.9% not happening. 99.9 because I never say never in this business.

We already saw Sting, the NWO, and every remnant of WCW get buried at WM. We don't need to see it again at the Survivor Series, which is exactly what would happen. I imagine Sting and the NWO would all get eliminated in a clean sweep and D-X would celebrate afterwards with Michael Cole and JBL singing their praises as the greatest things in the history of pro wrestling. I'm good thanks.

How about a Survivor Series match that DX wins and then followed by a Wargames match at TLCC (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs and Cages!!) that the Kliq wins!? They could make these matches 5 minutes long, just to sell the nostalgia part of the show. It'll go something like this.

Match starts with Triple H and Sting.
Pedigree eliminates Sting
Razor's Edge eliminates Mr. @$$
Nash's Powerbomb eliminates Road Dogg
X-Factor eliminates Hollywood
Outsiders turn on Flair and HBK says "sorry" and Superkidks him...again
Curtain Call 2
The Clique vs. the new Millionaires Club in Wargames at TLCC

They could still feature the Main Event of WWE Champion, Seth Rollins vs. Intercontinental Champion, Daniel Bryan vs. United States Champion, John Cena, in a Champion of Champions match!! Spoiler alert, Seth Rollins wins and is presented with the new WWE Champion of Champions Championship Title Belt, in addition to his current Strap, at Raw, the next night.

Completely disagree with Hogan and Hall being 'done'.

If Vince aged 67 or a stroke victim like Bret Hart can 'wrestle' in the ring, Hall and Hogan can. This is a 4 on 4 match, they can easily do a few spots in the ring and be carried by the other participants.

We aren't asking them to moonsault or chain wrestle for gods sake. Get in the ring, throw a few punches, drop a clothesline, a few stomps etc. Easy.

I totally agree with that statement.

And it would be money, 95% of fans of the old fans were NWO or DX and it would tune in some old fans to see the product again.

That pop at mania was insane when DX/NWO come in, it blew the roof off.

A true EPIC Wrestlemania moment.

After the WrestleMania Dream match between the Crow and the Terminator, I now would love to see a traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match between the New World Order and D-Generation X. I don't care how old they are or whoever is "retired", include these 10 Legends.

New World Order - Hollywood Hulk Hogan, the Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall), and Sting (in Wolfpac attire), with their manager, Ric Flair

D-Generation X - Triple H, X - Pac, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Bad @$$), with their manager, Shawn Michaels

I think this match could get more subscribers. The nostalgia was too much for me, but I want to see more of the Kliq. Make the Big 4, the BIG 4 again. The following year, remix it and do it one more time.

The Millionaires Club - Hulk Hogan, Sting, and the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Bad @$$), with their manager, Ric Flair

The Clique - Triple H, the Ousiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall), and X-Pac, with their manager, Shawn Michaels

That's how you make one hit record into two. Think of the merchandise!!

Survivor Series isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't even consider it a Big 4, seems like Extreme Rules took its place.

I don't think that match could save it.

Survivor Series had the WWE Match of the Year last year. Why NOT make it back to what it was?

As for the NWO vs DX thing, holy hell will it be hard. Hogan is 742 years old, and Hall is somehow in worse shape than he is. If you can get one of the two in shape enough to do 5 minutes of work, have one of them be a manager and then get Scott Steiner or Booker T (he was in WWE NWO) or Big Show or something to fill the last NWO spot. DX is in pretty good shape, just knock X Pac out quickly and that should be fine I guess.

The one big problem with this is that if Hogan is in this match, he has to win it...which kind of ruins the thing about this really being a Sting elevation program leading him to ME Mania 32 against Taker above all else. It's damn near impossible to beat Hogan...but you can do it with 5 minutes of damage spots? He can also allegedly only drop the leg one more time, and if he's doing it, he's going to want to do it in victory.

Also, no one cares about the Kliq, so let's please not entertain that idea.

Totally against this. Aside from the fact that with all these grandpas in the ring it might actually be a very sad sight to behold, I think the WWE have thoroughly overdone the nostalgia acts in recent years. Or as many call it - the part timers. The WWE right now has many problems and one of the big ones is that they are providing an environment that makes it almost impossible for the new guys to become stars. This would be just more of that. More of "Yea, we admit today's guys are lame, so here are some more attractions from yesteryear." The WWE would do themselves a favor if for maybe two years or so they would severely restrict (if not entirely ban) all the old school guys from making so much as an appearance, let alone have matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back