WILL Shawn Michaels Wrestle Again?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Shawn Michaels' response when asked about a possible match at Mania 32: "I've already had an offer. I've enjoyed being retired."

Odd he said "enjoyed" instead of "enjoy"... maybe I'm reading too much into this and this question has been asked a lot, but is there a possibility of Shawn coming out of retirement for one last match. Rumor is WWE is looking to stack the deck for Mania 32 and has interest in bringing in not only Shawn Michaels, but Stone Cold as well. No clue as to who he would face, and I doubt this leads to anything as Michaels does really seem to enjoy retirement, but my over-active mind can't help but wonder... how far would WWE go to secure a sellout in Arlington? Mania 32 already has the potential to be the biggest one yet with names like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, HHH, Sting, and The Undertaker already rumored to be appearing, not to mention the Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels speculation.

Michaels has always said in previous interviews that he would be open to one last match, if the conditions, the opponent, and the angle were perfect. Mania 32 in Arlington Texas and an opponent such as Sting or The Rock or even Brock Lesnar might solve those first two criteria. As for the third, the article also included the revelation that Michaels turned down a role in Creative, due to not wanting to be stifled. Perhaps WWE lets Shawn book his own feud? Again, this is probably just my overactive imagination, but I think Mania 32 is the real last shot at Michaels ever stepping in the ring again... the scenario could not be more perfect.

Do you think Shawn will ever step in the ring again, perhaps at Mania 32?

I don't know. It is possible. If he did have a match I would guess that it would be against at least one person. The most important thing is that if he is going to do it, it needs to be announced on Raw. Not Twitter, not a podcast, not Facebook, not a dirt sheet, not through his lawyer or manager. Just build a story and present it on WWE programming. Let me get one f'in thrill from watching Raw. Enough with using the rumor mill and social media. Shawn should just say "no" publically whenever anyone asks anything remotely to do with a comeback. No shit they have asked him, no one is mistaking him for Chyna. We know where he stands with WWE, he can do what he wants when he wants.

But the answer is "I don't know" from me and any other member of this forum. It is a waste of time to think about it.

Doubtful HBK will give it one more go in the ring, but that's just me. He doesn't need to to be honest with you. He has nothing left to prove.

I want to say no but my heart is telling me we see one more match.

He has no reason to, however, as he got a perfect retirement and send off. I don't think he's hurting for money any longer but I imagine the whole 100,000+ in his home state would make the WWE up their ante to him from previous years and it may be too good to refuse.

Shawn Michaels' response when asked about a possible match at Mania 32: "I've already had an offer. I've enjoyed being retired."

Odd he said "enjoyed" instead of "enjoy"... maybe I'm reading too much into this and this question has been asked a lot, but is there a possibility of Shawn coming out of retirement for one last match. Rumor is WWE is looking to stack the deck for Mania 32 and has interest in bringing in not only Shawn Michaels, but Stone Cold as well. No clue as to who he would face, and I doubt this leads to anything as Michaels does really seem to enjoy retirement, but my over-active mind can't help but wonder... how far would WWE go to secure a sellout in Arlington? Mania 32 already has the potential to be the biggest one yet with names like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, HHH, Sting, and The Undertaker already rumored to be appearing, not to mention the Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels speculation.

Michaels has always said in previous interviews that he would be open to one last match, if the conditions, the opponent, and the angle were perfect. Mania 32 in Arlington Texas and an opponent such as Sting or The Rock or even Brock Lesnar might solve those first two criteria. As for the third, the article also included the revelation that Michaels turned down a role in Creative, due to not wanting to be stifled. Perhaps WWE lets Shawn book his own feud? Again, this is probably just my overactive imagination, but I think Mania 32 is the real last shot at Michaels ever stepping in the ring again... the scenario could not be more perfect.

Can you please cut the crap. Shawn Michaels won t come out of retirement for the 100th time he is enjoying being retired. He is out of shape has a bad back not to forgoet the slipped disc he has .Steve Austin is retired if he did he could ve done it already with CM Punk.
Big names that wwe depend on you only got Brock Lesner Rock doesn t care he is making movies and Sting won t be around next year he lost get over it we don t want to see him job anymore not even underfaker that noone cares about except you fact is everyone knew when to get off the bandwagon except you enuff with Shawn Michaels and STING

I don't think he will wrestle again. I just can't imagine a match worth having for him at this point. I certainly don't think he'd want to do it against another non-active wrestler. I'm far from a Daniel Bryan fanboy but the one angle I could think of being somewhat worth it would be if Bryan went heel out of frustration with injuries, being "buried", etc and HBK (his original mentor) came back to set him straight?

Even that sounds horrible.
Another angle I would highly appreciate is the Undertaker calling him out of retire essentially to retire him. Frame it like he wants a worth opponent and he wants to put his career on the line versus someone he respects. HBK vs. UT III with the Taker taking his final bell.

I don't think he will. He seems to enjoy being retired, has said in the past that he thinks coming back would be disrespectful to the way he bowed out and, to be honest, he's out of shape now and would have to put a lot of work in to get back to being in-ring shape. Plus he has nothing left to prove any more. In 2002 he had a hell of a lot left to prove to people and to himself but now he absolutely doesn't. He has even managed to convince people like myself, someone who genuinely hated the guy, that he is a different person and is one of the all-time greats. Before I thought he was a complete asshole and was the most overrated wrestler of the 1990s, I wasn't alone in thinking that either.

The only time I've ever thought he might come back is to fight Daniel Bryan and I read an interview a few weeks back that suggests he may have at the time had the storyline been right. It sounded like he would have considered it purely because he trained Bryan and he wanted to put him over when Bryan probably needed the rub. Bryan doesn't need that rub any more so there isn't much point to that feud.

The only time I've ever thought he might come back is to fight Daniel Bryan and I read an interview a few weeks back that suggests he may have at the time had the storyline been right. It sounded like he would have considered it purely because he trained Bryan and he wanted to put him over when Bryan probably needed the rub. Bryan doesn't need that rub any more so there isn't much point to that feud.

Apparently, he's been pitched a feud with Daniel Bryan multiple times but always felt that the angle wasn't right. I remember reading a few months back that Shawn had been pitched the "student vs teacher" angle and turned it down because that's "already been done before." As my OP stated, Michaels has always said he'd come back given a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to me, an opportunity such as this one will never arise again for Shawn Michaels. Sting and The Rock as possible opponents at a Wrestlemania in his home state... if that's not once in a lifetime, I don't know what is.

As for the obligatory "who cares" comments. You can clearly see the thread title, if you don't care than don't even open the thread, it's really very simple. Also, this is strictly hypothetical... not once did I say I believe Shawn would come back, just that the timing and scenario couldn't be more perfect FOR a return.

Apparently, he's been pitched a feud with Daniel Bryan multiple times but always felt that the angle wasn't right. I remember reading a few months back that Shawn had been pitched the "student vs teacher" angle and turned it down because that's "already been done before." As my OP stated, Michaels has always said he'd come back given a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to me, an opportunity such as this one will never arise again for Shawn Michaels. Sting and The Rock as possible opponents at a Wrestlemania in his home state... if that's not once in a lifetime, I don't know what is.

As for the obligatory "who cares" comments. You can clearly see the thread title, if you don't care than don't even open the thread, it's really very simple. Also, this is strictly hypothetical... not once did I say I believe Shawn would come back, just that the timing and scenario couldn't be more perfect FOR a return.

Since some #*%^> deleted my previous post for absolutely no reason since it was 10000 % on topic, I'll give the short version...

I'm not understanding the negativity from some posters. People used to say the Rock would never come back, and that Brock wouldn't either. Doubt they believed all the things we would eventually see from them. Many people thought we'd never see the Warrior or Hogan back with the company either. The simple fact that Shawn keeps coming back for Wrestlemania and in other ppv's to kick people in the face or participate in feuds shows that it's possible.

Just like with Taker, Sting, and Austin...this is Texas...his hometown. It's a blockbuster Mania in terms of wwe pulling out all the stops and pouring in big money to heavy duty legends. The possibility is greater now than any other Mania for the comebacks of both HBK and Austin.

Rock and Sting are the two names that are incredibly intriguing. I'm sure he feels the same. Either one of those guys at this huge Mania in his home state is a better retirement scenario than Mania 26. I definitely see Shawn pulling a Michael Jordan/Jay Z and coming out of retirement for the second time.

I put my prediction for next year in that last post but I'm not sure if the WZ SS men were angered by that for some bs reason but I'll post the short version :)

Austin vs HHH
Rock vs HBK
Sting vs Taker
Brock vs Batista

book it...this will be the final chapter for HBK and the rest of these guys in my optimistic opinion.

Money talks.

If the money is right and the angle is right Shawn has already said he'd consider it. I could see him getting that itch to perform again if they can sell him on the dollar signs and the feud. As Rocky84 said this Mania, all situations considered, is the last and most likely year for him to get in one more match in my opinion. Texas, HUGE show, WWE wanting it to sell out and set the attendance record etc.

If we see Sting vs HBK, I assume Sting goes over? If we do see that match, who does Undertaker face?

If we see Rock vs HBK I think either could go over but Rock would be the more likely of the two for me.

I think it's unlikely but I'm not ruling anything out due to how close Shawn is with Triple H, and knowing how powerful HHH is becoming in WWE, if his close buddy begs him to wrestle a match and comes up with a great storyline for it, then there is always the chance that Shawn will agree to it.

It would have to be something pretty special though, as he's said many times before he's happily retired. I think it's likely he'll be involved in the card in some fashion, but as an active wrestler I'm not so sure- especially as it's highly likely we'll see lots of part-timers like Undertaker, Sting, HHH, Batista, The Rock etc on the card- several of whom may be wrestling their final match. WWE can't make a card JUST of part-timers, as much as they'd like to.

See, thats why I am not a fan of all that celebrity or retired wrestlers intrusion angles. Because 95% of the time it cant be followed by acctual match simply because they are retired and/or not there. So you have Shawn Michaels superkicking people but cant have him in some match unless he just shows up with superkick to screw someone or be special guest as in HHH/Taker like few years ago.

That being said I dont think Shawn would want to wrestle again because he would by now if he wanted. But if he decides, here is moneymaker for WWE: Michaels vs Bryan. Teacher vs Student on grandest stage of them all. That tagline would sell itself. :)

God I fucking hope not. I mean, I kind of liked Shawn Michaels but I wouldn't say he was ever one of my favourite wrestlers.

I think he should become one of the commentators. Its about time they turfed out Jerry Lawler and Michelle Cole.
They could have HBK and JBL as the color commentators and get Renee Young to do the hosting type role that Cole does. It would be refreshing to have a female voice in there.

Michaels has always said in previous interviews that he would be open to one last match, if the conditions, the opponent, and the angle were perfect.

Yeah, and the money.....which might trump all the other factors.:)

Somehow, I have the same feeling about him these days that I had back in his "lost my smile" phase when I had the idea he could've wrestled if he wanted to, yet was keeping WWE (and the fans) at arm's length for some reason I couldn't guess. Certainly, he was capable back then....and now....of delivering some Sweet Chin Music and looking damn spry while doing it, even as his back was supposedly killing him.

Today, he's kept himself trim and seemingly in shape.....and given that his wrestling fans are what made him as rich as King Midas, you'd think he would have come back for a match or two over the years.

Admittedly, each year that goes by makes it a little less likely it will ever happen, yet we still hope. In his own mind, he probably knows whether he intends to entertain us once more or not......but the guy turns 50 in July. Time's a-wastin'.

Remember one thing, HBK: your fans would love to see it. That ought to count for something, no?

Never say never in the WWE. I do feel it is highly possible that Shawn Michaels returned given WrestleMania will be in Texas. I just hope that we can see the Best of the Best return if WWE are serious about breaking the Attendance Record for Mania come next year.

It would be absolutely brilliant IF:

Brock Lesnar vs the Authority was transitioned into Brock Lesnar & Ronda Rousey vs Triple H & Stephanie McMahon with the Authority being booted out of power if they lost.

With HBK helping HHH against at Mania 31, I'd love to see the Rock vs Triple H being transitioned into a dream Shawn Michaels vs the Rock match at WrestleMania 32.

That leaves the door open for the Undertaker vs Sting, John Cena vs Stone Cold Steve Austin and the one many fans want in the S.H.I.E.L.D Triple Threat for the WWE WHC at WrestleMania 32.

If such a match card can't break the attendance record for WrestleMania, then I don't quite know what can.

The old saying goes Never say never in the business of wrestling,but clearly HBK is enjoying retirement and has no interest in returning to the ring even for a one "More Match type of deal..

I think he respects the business to much to do such a thing and not pull a flair and well go back on his word that he wont wrestle again like flair did.. I would love HBK to come back to the ring,and have that one more match.. But he doesn't need it,he has had the proper send off. With Daniel Bryans health in question the whole student vs teacher thing is probably not going to happen..

Its possible he comes out of retirement but until he announces it,its pointless talking about it

I sincerely hope not.

You don't mess with a storybook ending, because it never ends well. Shawn Michaels had a great match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26. He received a grand-send off, and he wrestled in the main event at Wrestlemania. Nothing will ever top or come close to the emotion, the match quality, the memorable moments (Undertaker pausing before the throat slit, and pleading with Shawn to "stay down" before the jumping Tombstone), and the enormity of Wrestlemania 26, the match, and everything leading up to it.

To add to that, Shawn hasn’t wrestled since Mania 26, he’s older now, and you can’t outrun Father Time. Michaels’ ring rust is a big question mark (you can’t draw comparisons to 2002 and Summerslam), so I don’t see the point in risking anything for a nostalgia kick.

I hope not as well, but for different reasons than most. I'm tired of see all these part timers come in at Wrestlemania. What the WWE should be doing but they aren't, is building up the roster they have, and making Mania about them, not a wrestler who hasn't wrestled in 4,5,6,7 or more years. Now I know they have a huge arena to sell out, but that's that's the point, they wouldn't have to have these part timers come back if they didn't need to sell 100K plus seats.

Anyway back on topic. Michael's has said he's retired and won't wrestle again. I don't believe him, I think if the money is there and then he'll be back. Let's face it to sell out Cowboy Stadium they will need him, Austin, The Rock and others.

I just hope the WWE comes to their senses and picks smaller venues in future, so we don't have to do this wait and see every year as to who will come back and who won't.

Eh, I'm personally doubting it. Even if HBK himself hadn't stated that WWE wanted him to wrestle at WrestleMania XXXII next year, rumors would have been started as hey always start whenever HBK winds up hitting someone with Sweet Chin Music.

I think there'd be some sort of chance, a very small one but a chance all the same, IF, IF, IF Vince allowed him to say who he wanted work with and allowed him to do much of, if not all of, the creative booking for the program. I don't think it'd be a problem if it was up to Triple H to give the okay as every report I've read suggests that he's jut not the obsessive control freak Vince is. Of course, that would also depend on his overall health, his conditioning, if there as genuinely someone he truly wanted to work with, etc.

It's a mistake, but from Shawn's last missive on the subject it sounds like he has his orders... few guys get a full contract to sit at home but he clearly gets more than the average Legend's deal and has for a few years. Be it a "favour" Vince is calling in or it being the plan for a while I think it's somewhat inevitable we see him back. For those citing Taker as a barrier, it won't be... he knows better than anyone if the business requires it and he'd give his blessing in a heartbeat if asked...

Now WHAT the match would be is another matter.

There is a lot of talk of a dream match, be it Rock, Sting or the like... but I think if HBK is coming back it's a mistake to use him against a fellow vet. Shawn's character is the one that can be pulled back in by a "young gun", pride forces the match and he can lose it/put them over and not lose out in the scheme of things. He'd get that "pass" from the fans and do some good with it.

My personal pick is Bray Wyatt - He is due a "big win" at Mania and done right, Shawn can be part of another "perfect storm" feud like with Jericho in 08 with him. Bray can pick on EVERY mistake he has ever made, every hypocrisy and wrong Shawn has done and the fans would buy it... Shawn could even be the heel by the end of it. Imagine Bray pointing out and wheeling out guys like Jannetty who Shawn is known to have screwed over. The only risk is the religious one... the subtext of a "cult leader" going over a devout albiet born again Christian could cause controversy, but that's surely what they want, particularly in Texas... If Westboro show up, Vince will put em on the show...

The spots could be great too, Shawn "tuning up the band", turns his head, Bray is in the Spiderwalk and he wilts like Bray did this year...

It's the one match I can see ending Shawn's career on that "I was great, but everyone has their limit" and be a star maker for Bray... Taker will no doubt put him over to Shawn and that'll be a big plus.

Based on his last book (which even as a big HBK fan I cannot recommend at all unless you're a hardcore Christian who loves tales of athletes crediting every single bit of success or good fortune they ever experienced to the good Lord above) it sounds like he is very certain that he is done for good.

There is, of course, the possibility that something happens that he interprets as a sign from God to have one more match. If ever a rainbow shows up at the horizon right as Vince McMahon gives Shawn a call we may see him wrestle again.

I think he's done. He's already came out of retirement once. I can't see him coming back again.

Odd he said "enjoyed" instead of "enjoy"...

There's your problem right there, basic comprehension skills. He said "I've enjoyed". If he said "I've enjoy", it wouldn't make any sense. You base your whole post on that one thing, when you don't even understand that one thing.

Shawn is not coming out of retirement because there's not going to be anything good enough to convince him. He has an incredible legacy and his last match was a terrific conclusion to his career.

He's waiting for a story that'll blow him out of the water, to the point where he feels he HAS to get back in the ring. I don't believe that'll happen.

There's your problem right there, basic comprehension skills. He said "I've enjoyed". If he said "I've enjoy", it wouldn't make any sense. You base your whole post on that one thing, when you don't even understand that one thing.

Shawn is not coming out of retirement because there's not going to be anything good enough to convince him. He has an incredible legacy and his last match was a terrific conclusion to his career.

He's waiting for a story that'll blow him out of the water, to the point where he feels he HAS to get back in the ring. I don't believe that'll happen.

Alright, chill out man. I was more referring to the fact that he said "I've enjoyed" instead of "I ENJOY"... If he were dead set on staying retired, it's more likely he would have said "I enjoy being retired" instead of "I've enjoyed being retired." Didn't really think I had to spell it out to that degree but obviously some people have trouble comprehending basic English.

Also, you're the one who happens to be basing your opinion off of something you don't understand, not me. How the hell do you know that there's not anything "good enough" to bring him out of retirement and what exactly he's waiting for... you know Shawn personally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back