Sting & Undertaker VS The Shield?

rko57

The Icon
It appears that the WWE really feels like they have Sting this year. (Ill believe it when I see it). But it appears some people feel like it could be too late to see the dream match against The Undertaker because of their age or fearing Sting not being in as good of shape as Taker, so how would y'all feel if Sting teamed with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX?

The Undertaker returns the night after Eilimination Chamber and right when he starts to talk, The Shield comes out to confront him and brag they took him out. As soon as they surround the ring, the lights go out and the crow music plays. Sting comes to the ring and helps Taker clean house. This sets up the handicap match for Mania. The Shield would truly be on their way to success to step in the ring with these two at Mania, The Streak can continue, and Sting gets a win at Mania

I know the chances of this happening are slim, but if he does sign this time, I could see them continuing the Undertaker/Shield storyline and having Sting get involved. Personally, I would just love to see Sting in the WWE. He's my favorite of all time and it would be the ultimate mark out moment for me.

What do y'all think? IF he goes to the WWE, would you like to see him team up with The Undertaker?

I wouldn't be against the idea of him teaming up with The Undertaker at all, but at the same time the IWC have built up this whole 'pretend' rivalry between the two of them, I'd be concerned that some people would get the hump about it because it's not the exact scenario they've been dreaming up.

As for your Shield scenario, again it's a cool idea don't get me wrong, but I'm anticipating a Reigns face turn before WM30, and even if it's not a complete turn before then, I'm sure The Shield as faction will either be in disarray, or will be broken up. I'm still anticipating a Reigns V Ambrose match, or Reigns V Ambrose & Rollins, or just something involving The Shield feuding.

Tl;dr, the scenario is cool in my opinion, but unlikely to say the least.

I feel The Undertaker shouldn't be defending his streak in a tag team match... especially after having high profile matches with people like Shawn Michaels and Triple-H. It would be a downgrade.
Also, don't forget that The Shield has lost 3-on-1 to CM Punk a few times lately (which may I add, was more unnecessary and a wastage than Ryback or Barrett losing to Punk) , so they wouldn't be a believable threat to the team of arguably the biggest legend in WWE and the biggest legend in WCW. It might be cool to watch on the RAW next to Wrestlemania, but I'm afraid its just not WM-streak worthy at this point.

i agree with you. First point if sting is signed by wwe then he heavily used for some non wrestling act like dvd release some tag team action for some time.
His first wm match not end with loss. So they put taker and sting in a tag match.
They put sting in possible matches with others like shawn, vince. Give sting first loss to shawn so he didnt loss to any young stars. Use him with limited actions until RR 2015. Where taker and sting in the middle of the ring pointing wm31.
Both are wrestle one on one where taker wins.
On that year both wrestled their last match and inducted in hof.

I'll go along with it and say Sting is going to join the WWE. I really don't like the idea of him defending The Streak in a handicap match or indeed him teaming with Sting. The Undertaker's matches have been the highlight of the last 5 WM's. He and the streak are a major attraction and there are better options - Lesnar/Cena most notably.

Also, I don't see the point in him facing The Shield, and winning. It would be stupid to see him team with someone and lose. It doesn't really fit.

IF Sting was to join then I suppose something like this could work at Survivor Series. Even through in Kane and make it a 6 man tag. The Shield might not be around but The Wyatt Family will. If Sting was to join the WWE even for 2/3 PPV's then I reckon he should do something involving Taker. Even if it is just a tag-team match.

This is probably a bit late for Sting/Taker. It had real appeal a few years ago but I'm no longer interested. In my opinion, Sting should have joined back when WCW died. Now, there is no point - just be the guy that never wrestled for Vince McMahon.

Sting vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania doesn't have to be the best match that either man has ever put on, it just has to happen to settle the age old question of "what if?"

Sting just has to hit a few Stinger Splashes, Undie just has to do his rope walk and few of his zombie sit-ups. Maybe they reverse each others moves, who knows. Either way, this match MUST happen. Every other dream match has happened, or is too ridiculous a concept to ever happen. Rock fought Hogan, Lesnar fought Goldberg, Big Show fought Khali, Octagon fought Pentagon, Sasuke fought Hayabusa, Moolah fought Trish Stratus, Flair fought Bob Backlund, Inoki fought Baba, Hansen fought Vader. There is only one match that my generation demands of history, and that is The Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania.

For better or worse, this match has to happen.

The Shield can not even beat Punk in a 3-1 match multiple tries, but I'm suppose to buy in to them beating Taker and Sting? I think not.

I'm not all that wild about the idea of the streak being defended in any sort of tag team situation. It just doesn't jive with the level of many of the streak matches, especially the past 5, in my opinion. However, the notion of Taker & Sting teaming against The Shield might be a pretty good draw just for the novelty alone. But, then again, since Taker's appearances in the ring have become such a rarity, WWE wants to go that extra yard in making the matches not only feel significant but are of as high a quality as can be delivered. I just don't see that happening in a tag match.

While it's true that not every match has to come off like an epic, it's what fans have come to expect. It's a combination of the rarity of Taker's appearances, the opponents, the hype of the match and the quality.

How about a 3 on 1 handicap match?

The shield vs taker.

From a storyline perspective it makes sense because the shield is the reason why taker hasn't been in action since last year. So it's believable that he is making his return to destroy them.

It puts the streak in real and believable danger with the way the shield has plowed through everyone since arriving in the wwe.

Putting them with taker at mania will help them get to a high level right before their dismantling.

The following night on raw reigns walks away and turns face and it can be due to the fact that at mania he was positioned to be the member of the shield that was about to beat taker and somehow Ambrose or Rollins mess it up.

I think it'll be a good match to watch and if it is takers last match, it'll be a challenging one at that.

This wouldn't be a bad idea if Sting signs one for an entire year and you can get 2 Wrestlemania matches out of him. At the end of the match, Sting could even take the baseball bat to Undertaker & start building next year's Wrestlemania match.

I sort of agree with the OP here. I've been less enthusiastic about the idea of a Taker v. Sting WM match than most, due to their ages and the fact that if Sting finally did make the leap to WWE, bringing him in to challenge the streak doesn't feel right to me because most casual fans would view Sting as a heel in that case, which seems wrong. So I do like the idea of Sting & Taker teaming up on some level.

As for doing so at WM, I agree that it's a problem given the cache of the streak, especially the last few matches. So I'm trying to come up with a scenario that makes sense on both sides. The only idea I came up is to have Taker fight Reigns. Have Taker barely pull off the win and have the Shield attack after the match. Sting comes in to make the save, similar to Warrior returning to help Hogan fight off Sid and Papa Shango at WM8. It's not the ideal situation because I think it's a little early to give Reigns that much responsibility, but I just can't see the streak being put up in a tag match.

A strange thought, we all know who Sting is but will he be recognizable or known by a portion of the audience? There are a lot of people who have zero clue about TNA and his activity over the past decade. Others may recongnize him and say "oh yeah the WCW guy. He is still around?" The E is going to pull of some seriouse hype to educate some people on how great he truly is.

Personally I hope he signs with the E. After all these it will be one of WM biggest moments. The Blade Runners & Mean Mark vs. 3MB the night after Mania on RAW!!!

No i dont want to see the streak defended in a tag team match.. NOt after the past what 6 Wms in which undertaker put on arguably the match of the night.. The sting vs undertaker match,had a lot of steam some years ago but at this point in time sting can stay in TNA! He should have jumped 6 years ago,but alas he did not.. Undertakers streak,is bigger than any title match it is the match everyone looks forward to..

Sting cannot in this point in time wrestle a quality match against the undertaker IMO. Undertakers matches especially at WM,are special and epic.. Sting vs taker 5,6 years ago wold have been epic,this time No!!

Everybody seems to forget that the whole Aura of Sting vs Undertaker was never about the wrestling itself for the most part. What many of us, including myself dream is the feud that those two persona´s can create, because they match so well together, and that´s the main reason that this has been a dream in many Wrestling Fan´s minds. If reports are to be believed, then this is finally the year that Sting comes to WWE, and i really want that Dream Feud to happen, and contrary to what many people think, if the match itself really bonks, it will not be Sting´s fault it will be Undertaker´s. Undertaker is in worse wrestling shape than Sting.

Every year at around this time I find myself replying to some sort of sting and undertaker thread lol.this time though it does sound promising there was a report a few months ago saying that wwe are very confident sting will join them and it seems they still are.I think it would be a shame though if sting would join and lose his first wwe match at mania but it would be an epic mania moment to see them face off against each other even if the match turned out to be a bit crap.I'm not keen on the idea of a tag match really tbh although if wwe where very daring they could have sting purposely lose the match costing taker the streak and setting up a massive fued between them

That idea is great, but it doesn't matter what ANYONE of us think. it's the WWE. We'll probably have him face big show or something

Everybody seems to forget that the whole Aura of Sting vs Undertaker was never about the wrestling itself for the most part. What many of us, including myself dream is the feud that those two persona´s can create, because they match so well together, and that´s the main reason that this has been a dream in many Wrestling Fan´s minds. If reports are to be believed, then this is finally the year that Sting comes to WWE, and i really want that Dream Feud to happen, and contrary to what many people think, if the match itself really bonks, it will not be Sting´s fault it will be Undertaker´s. Undertaker is in worse wrestling shape than Sting.
No. No they don't. They have not common ground to match against each other, other then that Sting stole his character from Brandon Lee after a horrible tragedy and became a dark, mysterious chracter(which he never fully pulled off). I have never and will never be interested in any Sting/Taker interactions wether as tag partners or opponents. There might have been a time, 10 or so years ago that they could have had a good match, but now, with Taker's built up injuries and Sting's loss of prime due to his age, the match or pairing in any way would be terrible. Not even Taker could pull a good match out of sting at this point in time. Sting's languished in TNA so long and been so protected and cushioned by being their one true legend that wasn't a reject or dump by WWE that he's allowed himself to loose what little edge in talent he might once have possessed.

Stings turn into the crow ripoff that he's been since what, 1997? was a move made to counter the rising popularity at the time of a Taker growing even darker then just a undertaker and his mortician. But caking on white makeup and dressing in black, hiding in the shadows and rafters and spending a year not speaking and attacking people with a baseball bat does not make you a dark presence. Especially since you were made out to be the silent hero, a 180degree look and feel from the other face of the company in Goldberg, but still one of the good guys.

Sting vs Taker would be horrible and Sting/Taker vs any team would be worse because it would detract attention from Taker's Mania run, as well as drawing away attention to the fact that VKM finally completed his box set by signing Sting. At this point in time and for the good of both, it's best to keep them far away from each other.

Sting and Taker teaming up would be a bad move in my opinion, to finally have Sting signed and him team up with the one man fans have been wanting him to face for as long as I can remember would just bring heat to the company. Then again a Taker/Sting match would be terrible as well, there is no way Sting could have a match that we've become accustomed to when it comes to Taker and Mania. It's just a lose lose situation in my opinion and it's hard to admit it because it's a dream match. I'd say let them have a street fight so they could just let Sting use his bat and other weapons instead of him relying on his wrestling ability, but this era isn't known for it's stellar street fights. It's a tough situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back