Stardust and classic Championship Title Belts

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Would you mark out if Goldust and Stardust won the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles one more time, and then changed the current WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (Penny Tags Team Belts) to the classic WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (Attitude Era Tag Team Belts)?? They could put it on a white strap similar to when Cody changed the Intercontinental Belt or Goldust can go with a gold strap and Cody can go with a different color strap every so often to match his attire.

Would you mark out if Stardust eventually won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title for the first time, and the changed the current WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt (Big Network) to the classic WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt (Winged Eagle)?? Again, he could put it on a white strap or any other color strap to match his attire.

If anyone is going to do it, I think Stardust should, could, and would do it.

I wouldn't mark out for it, but I'd just be glad to see the back of those horrible "penny" tag-team belts, which are one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen on a belt in a major wrestling company. Title belts are meant to look prestigious, gleaming and looking special....but those just look like dull bronze or copper. They don't look like something anyone would aspire to win. I don't think WWE should ever have changed the Attitude Era tag team belts (or the WWE or Intercontinental belts), they looked great.

I don't think you have to worry about whether Stardust would change the WWE Title back to the Winged Eagle belt, he's never going to win the strap!

Why Stardust? Because was the firth to hold the newly revamped I.C. title? That title is associated with mediocrity rather than Cody Rhodes.

Bringing back modern updates of older titles would be cool. Stardust winning them would not be.

The problem is that you're thinking of going backwards instead of going forward. It would do the IC and US title more justice if they changed them completely with a new design.

I don't think that's a good idea or something. Stardust should potentially return to his Cody Rhodes gimmick and go the hell of a ride through the midcard! I love Cody but I always had a doubt of him carrying the World Heavyweight title. But he certainly can feud with the World Champ but I don't want him to see as the World Champ. But I want him to Rampage through the midcard!

Cheers!!

I wouldn't mark out for it, but I'd just be glad to see the back of those horrible "penny" tag-team belts, which are one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen on a belt in a major wrestling company. Title belts are meant to look prestigious, gleaming and looking special....but those just look like dull bronze or copper. They don't look like something anyone would aspire to win. I don't think WWE should ever have changed the Attitude Era tag team belts (or the WWE or Intercontinental belts), they looked great.

I don't think you have to worry about whether Stardust would change the WWE Title back to the Winged Eagle belt, he's never going to win the strap!

HAHA!! Anything can happen in the WWE.

Why Stardust? Because was the firth to hold the newly revamped I.C. title? That title is associated with mediocrity rather than Cody Rhodes.

Bringing back modern updates of older titles would be cool. Stardust winning them would not be.

That would be the only reason why the idea came to me. I can agree with your reply.

The problem is that you're thinking of going backwards instead of going forward. It would do the IC and US title more justice if they changed them completely with a new design.

That’s true. Going forward is always best for business. I was just thinking of the nostalgia trip I was on when Cody Rhodes changed the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt. Good point.

I don't think that's a good idea or something. Stardust should potentially return to his Cody Rhodes gimmick and go the hell of a ride through the midcard! I love Cody but I always had a doubt of him carrying the World Heavyweight title. But he certainly can feud with the World Champ but I don't want him to see as the World Champ. But I want him to Rampage through the midcard!

Cheers!!

Yeah, it was just a thought. I love seeing how the replies are different from a Wrestling message board, to a Wrestling Belt message board, to a Wrestling figure message board.

Seeing the return of classic title designs with a slightly modern upgrade would be cool, but I don't see it happening. According to what I read, I don't know if this is 100% accurate or anything, Cody Rhodes convinced them to bring back the classic IC title design if Cody himself paid to have it done. Now, I don't know if that was all part of the angle Cody was doing at the time, namely the schtick about restoring prestige to the title, or if he actually did manage to get company officials to bring back an updated version of the classic design with him footing the bill.

As for the tag titles, I think we're seeing the beginnings of Gold & Stardust breaking up. At any rate, I think the bloom is off the rose as far as their greatness as a tag team goes. If a team was to start using a classic design, with some modern upgrades, I see it being The Usos, Kidd & Cesaro or possibly The Ascension. As far as which title design, I'd simply go with this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Tag_Team_Championship#mediaviewer/File:Deuce_'N_Domino.jpg

That design, which was originally used for the WWE Tag Team Championship back in 2002 was an update of the design of the belts used during the mid 80s all the way through the Attitude Era.

As for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, it'd be nice to see the Winged Eagle or the Attitude Era design used. The Big Logo itself would look great, in my opinion, with a few changes. I'd keep the same basic design of the center plate, though I'd reduce the logo in size. I'd add some sort of colored background, maybe gold or silver with a small, stylized globe on each side of the logo, as there's too much black going on and the center plate isn't lustrous enough to counteract it. Above the logo, I'd have WORLD go across the top in big, bold letters and the words HEAVYWEIGHT WRESTLING CHAMPION in large, bold letters arranged on something of a ribbon design like we see the same words arranged in the IC title. My big problem with the Big Logo is the printing of World Heavyweight Champion along the bottom of the center plate. There's no real pop to it, they just look flat and plain looking, no real style or personality to them.

However, I wouldn't worry about Stardust bringing back any of those title designs or completely different ones. If it happens, it'll almost certainly be by someone else. I think Vince could find a better balance between having a title design that's totally different, but doesn't have to sacrifice the lustrous majesty that a championship belt should have.

Yeah, it was just a thought. I love seeing how
the replies are different from a Wrestling
message board, to a Wrestling Belt message
board, to a Wrestling figure message board.

I don't know if that's a sarcasm but it had been knerding and nagging in my chest to express my views about bringing back Cody Rhodes or at least to bring out the dark side of Star Dust. So on seeing the topic is about Cody I just expressed it out But gee thanks for your kind reply!!

Cheers!!

Just to give the OP idea some credence, Cody posted something interesting on twitter. I can't find the exact tweet, but someone asked him if he would bring back the winged Eagle title, were he champion.

His reply; My Career Mission.

I kinda marked out just for the tweet, so yeah, I guess I have to say that I would mark out if Cody won the title and brought back the vintage belt.

Seeing the return of classic title designs with a slightly modern upgrade would be cool, but I don't see it happening. According to what I read, I don't know if this is 100% accurate or anything, Cody Rhodes convinced them to bring back the classic IC title design if Cody himself paid to have it done. Now, I don't know if that was all part of the angle Cody was doing at the time, namely the schtick about restoring prestige to the title, or if he actually did manage to get company officials to bring back an updated version of the classic design with him footing the bill.

As for the tag titles, I think we're seeing the beginnings of Gold & Stardust breaking up. At any rate, I think the bloom is off the rose as far as their greatness as a tag team goes. If a team was to start using a classic design, with some modern upgrades, I see it being The Usos, Kidd & Cesaro or possibly The Ascension. As far as which title design, I'd simply go with this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Tag_Team_Championship#mediaviewer/File:Deuce_'N_Domino.jpg

That design, which was originally used for the WWE Tag Team Championship back in 2002 was an update of the design of the belts used during the mid 80s all the way through the Attitude Era.

As for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, it'd be nice to see the Winged Eagle or the Attitude Era design used. The Big Logo itself would look great, in my opinion, with a few changes. I'd keep the same basic design of the center plate, though I'd reduce the logo in size. I'd add some sort of colored background, maybe gold or silver with a small, stylized globe on each side of the logo, as there's too much black going on and the center plate isn't lustrous enough to counteract it. Above the logo, I'd have WORLD go across the top in big, bold letters and the words HEAVYWEIGHT WRESTLING CHAMPION in large, bold letters arranged on something of a ribbon design like we see the same words arranged in the IC title. My big problem with the Big Logo is the printing of World Heavyweight Champion along the bottom of the center plate. There's no real pop to it, they just look flat and plain looking, no real style or personality to them.

However, I wouldn't worry about Stardust bringing back any of those title designs or completely different ones. If it happens, it'll almost certainly be by someone else. I think Vince could find a better balance between having a title design that's totally different, but doesn't have to sacrifice the lustrous majesty that a championship belt should have.

I don’t see any of this happening either, but the thought of Goldust and Stardust bringing back classic designs and putting them on different colored Straps (gold for Goldust and whatever color Stardust is wearing each time he makes an appearance, other than black or gold) would be interesting to see. As far as Stardust becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion and bringing back the Winged Eagle, well that was just a dream within a dream.

I don't know if that's a sarcasm but it had been knerding and nagging in my chest to express my views about bringing back Cody Rhodes or at least to bring out the dark side of Star Dust. So on seeing the topic is about Cody I just expressed it out But gee thanks for your kind reply!!

Cheers!!

I’m not being sarcastic at all. I just noticed the different perspectives from different message boards. People here will talk about storylines or who else they would rather see do this. People on the Belt board will talk about which design they would rather see be brought back or which colored strap they would rather use. People on the figure boards will talk about the figure and the Championship Title Belt for the figures.

Just to give the OP idea some credence, Cody posted something interesting on twitter. I can't find the exact tweet, but someone asked him if he would bring back the winged Eagle title, were he champion.

His reply; My Career Mission.

I kinda marked out just for the tweet, so yeah, I guess I have to say that I would mark out if Cody won the title and brought back the vintage belt.

Like I said, these designs are not my favorite designs. My favorite designs are the Championship Title Belts with nameplates. With that being said, I would still SMark out if classic designs were brought back to WWE TV.

I loved the design of the attitude era tag titles. I also loved the RAW tag team titles and Smackdown Tag Team titles. Both had cool designs. I would be cool with either one. WCW also had good looking belts when they were around, but I would never bring them back.

However...the Penny/Bronze/copper titles they have now are just so ugly. It clearly shows they value the tag titles as the least worthy. Wrestlers should be trying to "get the gold", not "the bronze/copper". I want to punch the guy whoever thought that was a good idea. The design itself is also bad, but if it was in gold, I probably would not complain as much.

Do they even have a toy version of the penny belts? I doubt it because no sane person would buy them. I ALMOST bought the RAW/Smackdown Toy belts back in the day because they looked cool, but I will NEVER buy the penny belts. Kids wont even buy them. So I just don't get the purpose of them.

The John Cena spinner belt made sense.... It was a toy for kids. I get it. The US Title makes sense... cause MURICA DERP :p (Don't be mad I am just bugging my american neighbours. I am Canadian LOL... Love you guys. :)

I loved the design of the attitude era tag titles. I also loved the RAW tag team titles and Smackdown Tag Team titles. Both had cool designs. I would be cool with either one. WCW also had good looking belts when they were around, but I would never bring them back.

However...the Penny/Bronze/copper titles they have now are just so ugly. It clearly shows they value the tag titles as the least worthy. Wrestlers should be trying to "get the gold", not "the bronze/copper". I want to punch the guy whoever thought that was a good idea. The design itself is also bad, but if it was in gold, I probably would not complain as much.

Do they even have a toy version of the penny belts? I doubt it because no sane person would buy them. I ALMOST bought the RAW/Smackdown Toy belts back in the day because they looked cool, but I will NEVER buy the penny belts. Kids wont even buy them. So I just don't get the purpose of them.

The John Cena spinner belt made sense.... It was a toy for kids. I get it. The US Title makes sense... cause MURICA DERP :p (Don't be mad I am just bugging my american neighbours. I am Canadian LOL... Love you guys. :)

I actually did buy the toy version of the current WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts. I bought almost every WWE Championship Title Belt made by Jakks and Mattel. I didn’t get a small select few due to preference.

Would you mark out if Goldust and Stardust won the WWE World Tag Team Championship Titles one more time, and then changed the current WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (Penny Tags Team Belts) to the classic WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (Attitude Era Tag Team Belts)?? They could put it on a white strap similar to when Cody changed the Intercontinental Belt or Goldust can go with a gold strap and Cody can go with a different color strap every so often to match his attire.

The tag titles aren't the "WWE World Tag Team Championships". They're ONLY the WWE Tag Team Championships.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081026000958/prowrestling/pt/images/b/b7/WWE_Tag_Team_Championship.jpg

That is the only previous design the titles have ever had since their inception in 2002. The original World Tag Team Championships were retired in 2010 and the current titles have no link to them.

The tag titles aren't the "WWE World Tag Team Championships". They're ONLY the WWE Tag Team Championships.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081026000958/prowrestling/pt/images/b/b7/WWE_Tag_Team_Championship.jpg

That is the only previous design the titles have ever had since their inception in 2002. The original World Tag Team Championships were retired in 2010 and the current titles have no link to them.

Yeah...so would you mark out this happened?? Don't worry so much about details like that when it comes to WWE. The WWE themselves don't.

Yeah...so would you mark out this happened?? Don't worry so much about details like that when it comes to WWE. The WWE themselves don't.

I'd mark out for the 2002 SmackDown version of the belts. I never liked the Attitude Era titles. The two 2002 designs (WWE and World) are the only tag belt designs I've ever really liked.

I'd mark out for the 2002 SmackDown version of the belts. I never liked the Attitude Era titles. The two 2002 designs (WWE and World) are the only tag belt designs I've ever really liked.

Oh yes!! I completely agree. The World (Raw) and WWE (Smackdown) Tag Team Championship Title Belts are by far my favorite Tag Team Championship Title Belt designs of all time.

how bout we go this route..... http://www.droppin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Demolition.jpg those are classic and looks classy. i could see the dust brothers(if they werent breaking up) rocking these. or even acension. the classic tag titles look the best and im happy with the current us title. i cant even begin to tell u what the ic title looks like right now. i do like the idea of color changing straps. i believe the ultimate warrior started that

I was thinking using classic plates, either the ones from 1985 – 1998 or the ones from 1998 – 2002, but with Goldust having a gold strap and Stardust having whatever color strap to match whatever he’s wearing, other than gold or black. Either way, I think it would have looked great, even for just a month or two.

Well, given the recent tension between Goldust and Stardust, they clearly won't be winning the Tag Team Championships anytime soon. However, assuming they did win the giant pennies, Stardust bringing back another classic design like he did for the Intercontinental Championship would be cool. I liked the design from the classic WWE Tag Team Championship belts that were exclusive to Smackdown. I admit I'd also mark out if Stardust brought back the Winged Eagle design after winning the World Heavyweight Championship. Here's the thing though.... would we really want Starust/Cody to be known for being the guy who brought old belts back? In the grand scheme of things that may not be the best legacy to leave behind. Let him be Stardust and let's see how his career unfolds after this Goldust angle. I doubt he will bring back any other classic belt designs anyway, let alone win the World Heavyweight Championship. A few more Intercontinental Championship runs or a US Championship win might be in his future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back