Sports Tournament Taster

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
The sports tournament is months away, but here is a bit of a taste of what is to come in it. In the sports tournament, 128 different sports teams will battle it out in a single elimination knockout tournament. The sports are from such leagues as the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, CFL, AFL, other AFL, NCAA, Premier League, MLS, NLL, and even the Olympics and National teams. I have the teams picked, but there are wild card positions to enter in. Teams will battle teams from other sports, so picking a winner will be difficult, but it will force you to compare and contrast other sports.

New England Patriots 2007
16-0 / 2-1 Playoff Record
1st AFC East
No Championships

blabla.png

The first 16-0 team in the National Football League history, the New England Patriots were heavy favourites entering the Super Bowl, but were unable to capitalize. Can the fives All Pro players move the chains for the Patriots of 2007?

Miami Dolphins 1972
14-0 / 3-0
1st AFC East
Super Bowl winners

mdolph.png

They are the only championship team in the National Football League to be undefeated in the regular season in history. After finishing with a point differential of 200+, the No-Name Defense will look to block any team they come against.​

this is the most pointless tournament. It will essentially come down to US posters v UK posters

If there are separate brackets for each country, that might now be an issue until the finals.

Hope by AFL you mean the Australian Football League? If so how did you pick teams from Australia seeing as (Im guessing) you would not have much idea about Aussie Football. If it isnt the AFL, it should be.

As Lee said it will end up being a country vs country thing.

Instead of picking a year for the team like that I would post teams annd their stats from the current or latest season. But hey...it's not my tournament.

dreamteam_300_070807.jpg

Okay, in all fairness, we shouldn't include these guys because realistically no one else stands a chance against the Dream Team.

Considering their competition, which should be factor, I think there have been better.

Those Oriole teams that lost to the Pirates were good. I believe the one team had like 3 guys with close to twenty wins.

But the 2008-2009 Steelers....FTW

No way. You take those guys in their prime against anyone in the history of basketball's prime, and the Dream Team still wins by 30 points. They arguably have the best position players for every position on their roster in NBA History. David Robinson and Patrick Ewing were good enough to handle the Russels and Chamberlains of the world.

It is obvious that we only vote for our own country. There are many more Canadians on the forums and that us why three of the four finalists were Canadian.

Probably, but a team with like 10 Hall of Famers and a hall of fame coach would do that to most of the competition.

Instead of picking a year for the team like that I would post teams annd their stats from the current or latest season. But hey...it's not my tournament.

That is the only way to make this tournament a worse idea.

Which team is better?

What do I use to measure the value of the 96 Yankees vs. the 97 Bulls? I'm just supposed to vote for the one I like better? We really get post count for a popularity contest? Awesome. I like sports, but count me out.

Considering their competition, which should be factor, I think there have been better.

You are so wrong here.

We probably should have winners of each sport. Like the NFL winner is the best team of all time. Something along those lines. Ibrought that up to TM months ago. I say 16 teams in each bracket and narrow it to the most populars sports in the world. Its hard to measure basketball vs Hockey or some shit. It just isn't possible.

It wouldn't be impossible to compare teams from different sports, it'd be tough, but it'd be fun and interesting. Picking a winner from each of the major sports sounds like a good idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back