Soon see the return of the Attitude Era??

I wish people would move on. Seriously the Attitude Era was two decades ago (and technically the last one). WWE is PG now and people just need to accept that. People always say, "PG sucks" "We want the Attitude Era back" "TNA is so much better because it has blood and swearing. If people would just sit back and watched the product and didn't criticize everything maybe you wouldn't hate it. If you hate it so badly stop watching. Vince McMahon is in the entertainment industry, not the wrestling industry. Remember that.

You know, I have been trying to keep my mouth shut about the pg era because we still see good matches, however, after watching last night's Raw I have to complain. Now I loved Raw last night, but There was three things that really got to me. ONE was the fact that chair shots to the head cannot happen anymore, which lowers the quality of a NO DQ or falls count anywhere match. Last night when Morison fought Sheamus in the Falls count anywhere match, Jericho hit Morrison in the back with a chair. The back? Really??!! Personally I find that very unbelievable for Morrison to be pinned by a simple chair shot to the back. If he got hit in the head it would be so much more believable. The SECOND thing that bothers me is the fact that jokes are not funny anymore, well sometimes they are. Everything has to be aimed at children now. William Regal rapping on WWE Superstars last week was ridiculous in my opinion. I love Regal and that makes him look so uncool. THIRDLY, Cena is a little kids super hero. I hate that. But I was so glad that he lsot to Randy Orton last night.

I am kind of hoping that the PG thing is dropped if it continues to be this child friendly. If WWE put a little cursing or blood or chair shots to the head, or sexual jokes every once in a while, what is it gonna matter? I mean, what has kids not heard these days?? haha!

Chairshots to the head have nothing to do with the pg rating. It's about 2 things. First off, it's about the safety and longevity of the performer's lives. We have seen more than enough wrestlers and former wrestlers die or be confined to a wheelchair because of their injuries gained during their career.

Second, it's about those ads that you see with Cena telling kids to "not try this at home". We hear about cases of kids performing "pro wrestling" moves on their syblings causing a kid to get injured or die. WWE doesn't want such cases coming back to them in the form of lawsuits.

Simple fact is, even if WWE does go back to some form of "Attitude", we will never see all of the aspects of that era return. Chairshots to the head and blood will probably always be outlawed. These policies are there for the greater good. I personally don't need to see a human bloodbath like when Fortune attacked the EV 2.0 guys on TNA. If you want extreme violence then maybe you should check out TNA or MMA. They might be more suited to your liking.

We may see aspects come back in the future but I don't want the Attitude Era as a whole back. It wasn't even as great as people say it was. 1998 and 2000 were very good years, I agree there but 1999 was a pretty terrible year and only the early part of 2001 is regarded as part of that era. The thing is though, the characters that were around at the time made it worth watching, not because it was brilliant writing because at times, it wasn't. WWE resorted to it to beat WCW and it did its job. Now, they've gone back to their roots and are trying to earn a better reputation for themselves. WWE's been good this year anyway, I don't see the problem.

For me theres not a problem...like i said before, Im a wrestling fan and really like the product were being given now..great matches with decent promos...just the storyline factor has went downhill big time...

And i admitt, LIKE many say on here The AE was awsome and would be great to return, if it doesnt then so be it ill still be happy with what we have, and watch it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back