A RAW Attitude Era Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare

THE DIVA
i was thinking cud we eva see a return of the attitude era as come on the rock and triple h are in good shape stone cold has said he would be back for a big payday and even a return of the APA i really think this could work say too time with the release of wwe13 and from royal rumble we have old skool attiude era matches and stars thought too mania ur thoughts

And here I thought Divas of all people knew how to handle a period.

That aside, your proposal seems like an awful lot of creative resources and television time to use on people who won't be appearing on a full schedule. Then again, why question what appears to be working for now?

To answer your question, no. Will never happen again.
Triple HHH and Rock will never have a full run again, HHH probably has another match left in him and the Rock will only wrestle at like Summerslam and Wrestlemania. Stone Cold is done and if he does it'll only be ONE match.
I just don't see why people are stuck in the past with the attitude era. Just enjoy what there is now.
And not to sound mean, but your grammar is horrible, makes your post look even more laughable than what it already is.

And here I thought Divas of all people knew how to handle a ______.

That aside, your proposal seems like an awful lot of creative resources and television time to use on people who won't be appearing on a full schedule. Then again, why question what appears to be working for now?

Cut her some slack. A partial hour or some segments might not hurt. They could probably do something for Extreme Rules if the A.P.A. really was coming back, so it isn't too far fetched. A simple change in appearance on average wrestlers like them such as advertising the WWE logo with "Attitude" written on it wouldn't be so hard to do.

Jesus Christ, this again? YOU CANNOT BRING BACK AN ERA.
Attitude Era = the PAST. Get over it. And no, The Rock, Triple H and Stone Cold will never be full time wrestlers again.

Oh look...an Attitude Era thread..refreshing.

Im not going to go into far detail with it because Ive done it to many times but the Attitude Era is far gone so instead of everyone looking at the past and because of that bashing the present...why not look into how bright the future is with Ziggler, Rhodes, Cena, Punk, etc. and the part timers that we have with Rock, Lesnar, Taker, Y2J and more

I didn't really like that era so much, and obviously it is not coming back as a whole. What I was implying was that it wouldn't hurt that much to bring back elements of it in a sort of "retro" design, like calling something "The Attitude Hour" during Extreme Rules or just some other special show where they might have hardcore matches (without blood, since I don't like seeing it) and no shots to the head, as well as other shocking surprises like rare appearances by maybe Val Venis or another star from that time, to interfere in a match with no disqualifications in it. I wouldn't ever actually want the Attitude Era to come back as a whole. And yeah, Bradshaw messed up his back so I doubted he would be returning a lot too.

let the attitude era go it was a fun product but just enjoy todays product. The wrestling world comes full circle so one day we will see something similar to the attitude era again but just enjoy whats going on today its becoming interesting again

How do these threads not get deleted. This is probably the thousandth time I have seen a bring back the attitude era thread. I was a teen in the attitude era so needless to say I was very into it. I watched since the early 80's and it is my favorite time in wrestling, but it is over and is not coming back. There was a time where I wanted it back, but then I realized that's what dvds are for and it was time to move on and enjoy today's product as much as I can. So can the mods on this forum please not let these bring it back threads see the light of day. All they cause is the person that started them to get tore apart.

There will never be another Attitude Era, this is the People's Era, the era in which the veil of professional wrestling has been pulled back allowing the inner workings to be seen by the people more than ever. Not only that but it's the era of the a rise of the People's favourites (CM PUNK, DANIEL BRYAN). An alternate name for this era is The YES! Era.

maybe a one time deal would be cool, but it will never come back full swing. They do need to bring back past stars since the current guys cant really cut it on their own, but the past guys are too beat up, with the exception of a few people, that it just wouldnt happen.

Will we ever get the attitude era again...No its already happened and will never happen again. Could we see another TV-14 era where they are constantly trying to push the envelope and surprise us every week... Yes, but for that to happen I believe there would have to be direct competitor that was on the WWE's level and at this time neither TNA or ROH is there yet. But we can always hope.

We weren't see the era back, but i would loved to see a one night only 'Attitude era' themed episode of RAW.

With Rock, Austin HHH, Taker, Hitman all showing up, with their old theme songs.

Old school RAW theme, the works.

HELL ITS THE ATTITUDE ERA ALL OVER AGAIN ANYWAYS YOU GOT GUYS LIKE A-TRAIN BEATING GUYS LIKE ALEX RILEY THE ROCK GOES OVER CENA THEN BROCK GOES THRU CENA NOT A CENA FAN. BUT SHIT U GOT TO PAY PASS STARS JUST TO GIVE CENA A OPPONENT? WOW FELL SORRY FOR GUYS LIKE ZIGGLER,CODY, MIZ ALL THOSE GUYS. THEY WONT EVER STAND A CHANCE

... Where's this return of the A.P.A. coming from?

And to answer the question, no. Just because a bunch of superstars from that period of time have returned, does not mean an entire era is coming back with them. WWE are VERY comfortable with the PG rating they're at now, and probably won't change that for some time yet.

I day dream of a 50 year old Dan Marino coming out of retirement and saving my poor Dolphins, but I'd bitch slap our GM in the mouth if he actually made this happen. I honestly feel bad for this generation of superstars having to deal with Vince constantly running back to hasbeens as a quick fix instead of giving them time to come into their own. In the attitude era Vince had to stick with his crop of no names and midcarders because all the main event talent jumped ship to WCW. Vince had no choice but to ride it out with the attitude guys and it paid off. We'll never know if the current generation can do the same because Vince now has the option of bringing in anyone under the sun to cater to the nostalgia crowd.

This is really an embarrassing question to ask, didn't they just have an END OF AN ERA MATCH.... Seriously WWE finally put to rest the chance of the attitude era coming back or at least that's what they intended to do. What we have to look forward to is a more edgy style of product where barriers are crossed and they push the envelope. And really thats all that needs to be done, it doesn't require names like Rock, Austin, HHH and so one being around even on a part time basis. If they are around its just a plus as they can bring back fans from that era. However it would be a mistake just to do a rehash watered down version of a past era. Its best just leave it alone and make something new and fresh which i believe they are on the verge of.

Not sure I understand where the OP is coming from, but I have a good idea.

You cannot simply bring back anyone you want and hope for the so called "glory days" of wrestling to just return. Professional wrestling is not the same as it once was. It's a completely different era and time. Wrestling isn't as popular as it was back then. This isn't some video game where you can edit your roster with guys you used to love as a kid. Times change, we get new superstars. Not everyone wants to be Ric Flair and go forever.

Thats the main problem I see with bringing back all of these guys. There is no room for the superstars of the next generation to develop. Other than a quick nostalgia run like we are having with The Rock and Brock Lesnar, it doesn't do a whole lot of good for the other guys in the back. The fact that Rock and Lesnar may be fighting at Mania next year says a lot about how much confidence WWE has in it's current roster. A lot of the potential is there, but WWE does nothing to make anybody not named Cena relevant. Granted, I love seeing these guys back as much as the next person, but if WWE wants any progression or to stay alive they can't keep relying on the old timers to come back and give a quick buyrate and ratings boost. They need to start having faith in the next generation and taking a chance with some things.

I Didnt say i wanted it back permently say from the royal rumble too WM a 2 mth stint surely that would work

No it wouldn't. Very few people who are from the attitude era can still work a full schedule. The best thing that you can do is just enjoy the current product and stop whining about how you want the old times back.

This "Attitude Era revival" is case and point of the IWC thinking the grass is greener on the other side. The Attitude Era is dead and long gone, its time to move on. The current product is entertaining and the build to WM was really exciting. Hopefully the post-WM build will be just as interesting.

It def not the attitude era reborn that died years ago. It seemed Legitamacy was the big term used last night on RAW so maybe we are entering the Legitamacy era of WWE. It seems that it is all about who is gonna be the Legit top guys in the company. So I guess we will see who turns out to the guys or are legit. I personally see Brodus Clay being one of them. We will see who else besides Brock ends up being legit. Thats what I got out of last night it seemed legitamacy was the big thing

the attitude era came about because of the competition they were getting from wcw.. they kept trying to push the envelope and get more and more raunchy to steal as many viewers as possible.. WWE has no real competition anymore.. so they have no reason to do outragous stuff anymore

i was thinking cud we eva see a return of the attitude era as come on the rock and triple h are in good shape stone cold has said he would be back for a big payday and even a return of the APA i really think this could work say too time with the release of wwe13 and from royal rumble we have old skool attiude era matches and stars thought too mania ur thoughts

First off, AWESOME sentence structure and grammar usage. Seriously... kudos. /sarcasm

To address the thread - NO, we are not going to see a return of the attitude era. It's been dead for ten years or so, and the WWE has gone through multiple shifts in tone since then. From the so called Ruthless Aggression era, to what now many have deemed the Reality era.

None of the wrestlers you have listed above will ever return on a full-time basis. And the APA? Dude... get a clue.

EDIT: I know your first language is probably not english, but you're still a schmuck for creating a thread abou the Attitude era coming back.

HELL ITS THE ATTITUDE ERA ALL OVER AGAIN ANYWAYS YOU GOT GUYS LIKE A-TRAIN BEATING GUYS LIKE ALEX RILEY THE ROCK GOES OVER CENA THEN BROCK GOES THRU CENA NOT A CENA FAN. BUT SHIT U GOT TO PAY PASS STARS JUST TO GIVE CENA A OPPONENT? WOW FELL SORRY FOR GUYS LIKE ZIGGLER,CODY, MIZ ALL THOSE GUYS. THEY WONT EVER STAND A CHANCE

Holy shit. What is wrong with you?

Triple HHH and Rock will never have a full run again, HHH probably has another match left in him and the Rock will only wrestle at like Summerslam and Wrestlemania. Stone Cold is done and if he does it'll only be ONE match.
I just don't see why people are stuck in the past with the attitude era. Just enjoy what there is now.

Triple H could still be in the ring. Everyone knows that. The match he had against Taker at Mania 28 proved that. He could still do it weekly but he isn't. He's stepped aside and let others come up and will occasionally come up and have a match. He has no need to compete as far as I'm concerned..

The Rock will have maybe 6 matches in the next 12 months. I expect SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania and possibly 2 others at most.

Stone Cold will come back whenever he wants to. He could feasibly do 2 or 3 matches but he's said he wants one and everyone knows it will be against CM Punk. BOTH of them have said that in the past. Whether or not WWE delivers will remain to be seen.

As for the rehash of the AE... I have to agree. People find the moments more awesome than they were because they were younger and the characters were larger than life to a degree and the edge the characters had seems to be lacking now (seems is the keyword) I enjoy the product now. I've seen what has changed and there were low points. A lot of people see the AE as the "Golden Age" of WWE so to speak... meh.

I'd like to see some of these guys come back... but not a lot of them and only for them to put over the younger talent (ie manage them, backstage advise, a feud with a few matches, something of that nature) not to hog the spotlight when their prime was 15 odd years back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back