Songs you played to death

Captain Morgan Freeman

Taught Elvis how to play karate
This is a thread for songs that you hear and listen to so much in a short space of time you just get sick of them. Some of you may not have had this experience before and if you havent your lucky. Anyways ill start off firstly with Scat man John

[YOUTUBE]3cnQCk0u49w[/YOUTUBE]
I heard this song on the radio one day and searched for a week through music shops untill i found it. I couldnt get the song out of my head for ages which caused me to play it very often. Introducing my friends to the song and them playing it alot while i was around diddnt help either. After 2 weeks i was so sick of the song i stopped listening to it for about a year.

[YOUTUBE]lICjZB-rp0w[/YOUTUBE]

Next up is the Come around Sundown album from Kings of Leon. This album was on for most of my summer. Over at a friends house playing fifa come around sundown was playing, fishing with the guys come around sundown was playing, having a few beers come around sundown was playing. I also went to see Kings of Leon live this summer so ive had just about enough of them for a while. I posted the immortals because its probably the only song of the album im not sick of. That said its a great album and severely underrated due to it not being like only by the night.

Anyways those are my two so get posting people

I've done this to many songs but most of them I haven't grown sick of, I just gradually grew out of them. There are two that spring to mind right off the bat and i'll post them and talk about the songs.

[YOUTUBE]8ohS9s88qRA[/YOUTUBE]

Might as well post the one song that isn't by Avenged Sevenfold. Slipknot was my original favorite band. I fucking loved these crazy mother fuckers and their Download 2009 performance was astounding. I couldn't stop listening to the songs they performed and this one in particular. The crowd and the atmosphere was absolutely insane. I have never been a fan of the studio version of Duality, but I was in fucking love with the live version of it. Eventually though, I just grew out of it and Slipknot in general.

[YOUTUBE]aNZwMG_QUGs[/YOUTUBE]

The last song The Rev wrote before his death and the final song put onto Nightmare. At first, the song didn't strike me and I wrote it off as a dud until I listened to it again. It was like beer to me, an acquired taste and once I started listening I couldn't stop. It's still my most played song on Itunes at 145 and I listened to it on Youtube like, 100+ times. I'm not tired of it just don't listen to it religiously like I did before. I still listen to it at least once a day in the car.

[YOUTUBE]mt84J7U75e0[/YOUTUBE]

I became obsessed with this song after The Undertaker started using it as his WWF entrance music after he returned as the biker. It immediately became my favourite song, and I nearly fainted when I saw the CD single on sale in my local HMV store. I played that song to death, it is what got me into the whole rep-metal genre, and later into Metallica (the riff is blatantly stolen from 'Tallica's "Sad But True". I still have the single somewhere I think ,all scratched and battered from the constant hammering it took, although I now own the album it was from too.

Now I can see the lyrics are the usual Kid Rock "all about me, I am awesome" shit, but its still a guilty pleasure of mine, and I listen to it pretty frequently, its just too catchy to dislike!

WOOOAAAAH I'M A COWBOY BAD ASS IN BLACK, SINGING *HEY HEY HEY HEY*

This usually isn't a case of me overplaying a song as much as radio doing it, which can even ruin songs that I really like. A couple songs do come to mind in that case:

[youtube]hO2wA0Te0wM[/youtube]

I'm a big Eminem fan, and I still do enjoy this song a lot, but for a while I couldn't stand to listen to it because of how often I heard it. It was on all the time, even on rock stations, so it was almost inescapable. I can hear it again now with little problem, but I still can't enjoy as much as I once had.

[YOUTUBE]AG8fugqFn9Q&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a huge fan of these guys, so for them to have a minor radio hit was a delight to me. Alternative stations in my area gave it plenty of attention, possibly because they're a local band, which was nice, but then it started to feel like it was on all the time. I then had to change the station whenever it came on to make sure I wouldn't grow to hate it. That did eventually work, as I enjoy the song now, but it was almost ruined for me before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnO3caTlltI

this song is stuck in my head...found it about 3 weeks ago, and i listen to it like 5 times a day...i love this song, but it doesnt get old...and bone thugs are my faveorite group, and have been for about 10 years...and i almost know this song so its fun to rap it.

WOOOAAAAH I'M A COWBOY BAD ASS IN BLACK, SINGING *HEY HEY HEY HEY*

All too true. I hate most of his stuff but that song got into my head and at the time I thought the name-check thing he does was pretty awesome. I as well played it to death.

[YOUTUBE]a1bxH4O0g4Q [/YOUTUBE]

This is also one that I definitely overplayed. When I bought Ten mostly on name power not realizing I had heard 4 or 5 songs off of it, I was pleasantly surprised and "Evenflow" quickly became my go to song when looking for something to listen to. The chorus was just so infectious and Mike McCready's playing is one of the reason I got into the guitar. It's not like I hate it now or anything but I almost never choose to listen to it. If it comes up in a mix or on the radio I still sing along but it's not something I go out of my way to listen to.

hmm this is tough one but 1 song im gonna go with i blared non stop when i first heard it and its a great song but after so many times listning to it i didnt wanna listin to it for over 3 monthes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dR-9ytZpMk

and sense everybody else has posted 2 im gonna go with the only Linkin Park song i like i heard it in a tribute video on youtube and it was pretty damn good so i looked it up and i was addicted to it for weeks after that....now i dont wanna hear it anymore at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP-bAlOJzWc

thats all from me :lmao:

I have one song that I've been doing this recently to. That song is Frantic by Metallica.
[YOUTUBE]I6y5-GuLPM[/YOUTUBE]
When I first heard of this song, I originally thought it was a fan's remix of St. Anger, which I do believe is a good song. A week ago, I found the one album that I haven't listened to by Metallica, St. Anger. I saw this, and have been playing it whenever I get the chance, which is way too much.

I used to watch the Music Channels way too much! So I've made a collection of music on my sky planner going as far back as February 2010 (I know that Because MTV World stage Nirvana was on in April R.I.P) and there's Quite a few Songs I listened to Nonstop that have been Mentioned on here already. Here's a list
Metallica - Frantic
Limp Bizkit - Sour
QoTSA - go With the Flow
QoTSA - monster in your parasol
Korn - Clown
Kid Rock - American Badass
Beck - Loser
Beck - Cellphones Dead
Foo Fighters - Resolve (Kurt Cobain References galore)
Drowning Pool - Let the Bodies hit the floor
Faith no More - Ashes to Ashes
Audioslave - Show me how to Live
QoTSA - First It Giveth
White Stripes - Hardest Button to Button
Nirvana - In Bloom
Korn - Thoughtless
Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra

There's a list in order.. Sort of. I'm at the Phase where I don't listen to anything on my planner so ill wait a month lol. But ill still Recommend them all.

stp - plush
green day - when i come around
garth brooks - that summer
alan jackson - everything i love
george strait - i cross my heart
offspring - self esteem
3 doors down - kryptonite
nirvana - where did you sleep last night

Man the songs I outplayed this year are still in rotation in my IPod!Hcere's a general list sorry I don't have the previews:Tiger Army ;Santa Carla Twilight, Sea of Fire, Outlaw HeartLas, In the Orchard and from Nick 13's solo album Carry my Body Down.Murder by Death 's Fuego!,52 Ford,and The Day.Johnny Cash's Redemption,Belshazzar,Big Iron,and Little at Time(which got my girlfriend to give Johnny Cash a try.)Lastly the Aggrolites' Country Man Fiddle,Firecracker, and Darkest Hour's Convelescents.

Avenged Sevenfold is my outright favorite band. Seen them 13 times (1 on the way), met them on 3 seperate occasions, been on their tour bus, had long drawn out talks with The Rev. So I can't find a song by them that I haven't worn out at some point, but the biggest I can think of is Afterlife. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've listened to it. My iTunes says over 300. Thats not counting in the car.

Some other songs are:
Rammstein- Du Hast
Metallica- Enter Sandman (if you're a Virginia Tech fan, you'll understand why)
Five Finger Death Punch- The Bleeding
Refused- New Noise
Silverstein- Smashed Into Pieces
Bayside- Devotion and Desire
I could probably go on foREVer....Lol

[YOUTUBE]7ezSGqbuo0g[/YOUTUBE]
This is the first song that popped into my head when i read the thread title.​

I can't say I hate this song because i don't I still love it to this day but I would play it about 15 times in a row on a daily basis for about 2 weeks. It was a combination of the song and the video, I'm a sucker for a good animated music video. finally it didn't have the same impact on me as it used to. In fact this is the first time I heard it in about 5 months and I probably won't listen to it again for awhile.

Five Finger Death Punch- Walk Away

[YOUTUBE]yl0szVNQ9v4[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a big fan of FFDP, but like with many bands I go through phases where I'll listen to them nonstop for a period of time and then stop for a while. The most recent listening binge I went through I had this one on repeat for days and whenever it comes up in a playlist I'll still play it back once or twice because it's so awesome.

I hardly listen to music as much as I probably should. Maybe I'd be happier if I listened to music more often. I'll start to, and see how it improves my mood.

Anyhow back to the question.

Songs I completely can't get enough of:

Redemption Song - Bob Marley
Get up Stand Up - Bob Marley
Still Not a Player - Big Pun ft. Joe
One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey/ Boyz II Men
Oochie Wally Wally- Nas etc.
Get At Me Dog - DMX
If I Ruled the World - Nas ft. Lauryn Hill
24/7 - Kevon Edmonds
Are You Gonna go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
I Wanna Be Your Lover - 50 Cent etc.
Drift Away - Dobie Gray
It Takes Two - Rob Base

Just to name a few.

This is hard. I usually play songs to death - to the point I get sick of them, only to avoid them for about a year or two and then think "Ahh... I love this song" after hearing listening to it again. :p I'll just throw a few songs out there.

Alter Bridge - Broken Wings
Three Days Grace - Never Too late
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
The Script - Man Who Can't Be Moved
Boys Like Girls - Thunder
The Band Perry - If I Die Young
Hollywood - Michael Buble

These three songs together have a total of 4,587 plays on my iTunes combined. Playing them to death is an understatement. I play them to death, re-live them, put them in a blender, bury alive and the dig up again. Next stage is the crematorium, I think.

Anyway, these are the threes songs:

[YOUTUBE]ff0oWESdmH0[/YOUTUBE]

I've always liked Brandon Flowers and Co. but this song is absolutely fantastic. Neat lyrics, awesome guitar work and it's catchy as hell. Plus, it was like the first song I put on my 28mb MP3 player years ago. Sentimental value is there too.

[YOUTUBE]BfOdWSiyWoc&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

The song is called ''Can't stop'' for a reason. I can't stop listening to it. I lovee everything about this song, I have no critiqué's about it.

[YOUTUBE]7xxgRUyzgs0&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]

Ah, what a song. I was the CM Punk to this song before CM Punk was the CM Punk to this song. I came across it by chance and recommended it to people and made them take my word as gospel. Needless to say, stranger's in the street maced me a few times but, whatevs. It was worth it. What a tune. Great, meaningful lyrics, awesome riffs and yeah, all round awesomeness.

Because I'm incredibly lazy and have an awful memory I'll just use my current Itunes to gauge what I've listened to the most. Likely I'll forget about all the CD's I've listened to and dark age radio plays at that but I think this is an accurate list.

[YOUTUBE]XnABRPS37hk&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my, when I first heard of Coheed and Cambria all those years ago I loved the lyricist high pitch, the great riffing, and the catchiness of all their dark yet somehow pleasantly conveyed songs. This song embodies the best of that for me and thats why it's hit over 921 plays so far.

[YOUTUBE]X1WtftioDlw[/YOUTUBE]

I should just be putting up a photo of the album itself because the next thirteen slots on my top 25 are occupied by the remaining songs on the album after this one was placed at two. They all have the same number of plays at that which combined add up to 2405. I'm likely entirely alone on this, but I consider it the best pop punk album of the last decade.

Last song for now and I know for a fact it's plays were hit really hard by my harddrive sweep.

[YOUTUBE]wZozJDJjNIg[/YOUTUBE]

I listened to this song every everday for all four years of high school. Every single day with my old CD player and a burned disk. Previous to my harddrive wipe this was number one on my plays with something over 1000, the exact number I forget, but hitting 1000 was pretty memorable.

When I first heard Jason Aldeans "Dirt Road Anthem" I constantly replayed that song. On the way to work, on the way home, on the way to the store, at parties. I always had to hear that song, I loved it because I felt like I was living it. Well now almost a year later I still like the song, but I can't stand to listen to it now. I totally ruined that song for myself.

Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky.

A good few years ago, pretty much every saturday night I'd head round to my mates house to hang out, play some N64 and maybe foosball or table tennis. His house, his music. Some of the stuff he'd put on would just be horrible noise that makes dubstep sound like a symphony orchestra, but amongst the crap there were some good choices too like Metallica, Biffy Clyro and Rammstein. One band he was getting into were EITS and it was around this time that the film Friday Night Lights came out which featured a few of their songs. Not being able to connect the dots at the time, I mentioned to him that he'd probably love the soundtrack to FNL even if he didn't like the film. After he did a bit of research, he found that EITS had in fact scored the film and told me a few of the songs, one of which was Your Hand In Mine.

It's an 8 minute instrumental journey that starts off very quiet and cautiously and then gains in volume and intensity. I'd never heard anything like it before and just couldn't get enough of it and subsequently became a huge Explosions in the Sky fan.

My default answer to a question like this has been and always will be Enter Sandman from Metallica off of the Black Album, it came out when I was in high school, KROQ (the local rock station) played it almost every 30 min, all the metal heads and even the jocks who thought they could play the guitar were playing it in the quad, it was freaking everywhere. I bought the album and of course I was guilty of it too, playing it and the rest of the album pretty much non stop for who knows how long. Even today I listen to the radio and it is just played so damn frequently and as much as i love Metallica I have to turn the sound down when it comes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back