What album are you listening to?

Just got through listening to this...

Buhloone+MindState.jpg

Don't know how many of y'all are into De La, but this is a sleeper classic. It doesn't get as much praise as 3 Feet High & Rising, but it is a standout. The production on here is great, especially considering this was the final album of theirs with Prince Paul at the helm of production. I believe this is also their breaking away from the Native Tongues collective. Top notch from beginning to end.

Currently listening to The Hymn Of A Broken Man - Times Of Grace

For anyone who doesn't know which is more than likely all of you, Times Of Grace is a side band by Adam D and Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage. Adam D plays every instrument on the album and even produced the album himself. Leach provided the lead vocals.

I loved this album when it came out last year and still love it to this day. It was great to hear the original Killswitch duo, but if you guys are expecting a Killswitch album, you may be disappointed. "Hymn" definitely has it's rockers and screams, but it's the point of the album that really captivates. It's an album about redemption and finding inner peace. Adam D wrote most of the album on his hospital bed after having back surgery that nearly crippled him and Jesse was going through demons of his own while recording "Hymn".

Now I say that it's different than Killswitch's usual stuff, but not different in a bad way at all. This album is fantastic and received universal acclaim. Standout songs include "Live in Love", a song where the title explains it all and how much better mankind would be if we were actually able to live in love, "The Forgotten One" which is an entirely acoustic track which sort of reminded me of an old country movie. Beautiful back up vocals from Adam D on this track (is there anything this man can't do? Remember, he did EVERY instrument on the album) and the final track "Fall From Grace", with the hopeful and inspiring ending but beginning lyrics of Adam D saying "I will love again".

Definitely check it out guys, I might head over to the what are we currently listening to thread to throw up some songs from the album, but definitely head to youtube. Good shit

Dark Horse - Nickleback

probably the best nickleback CD ever not a bad song on it i mainly bought it for the first few tracks and 1 other one but overall it was worth my 15 dollars to get the CD i really enjoy it and im not a huge nickleback fan but i love this cd personally.

Fair To Midland's "Fables From A Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True".

It's a phenomenal album from start to finish. Really worth listening to. Highly recommended. It's one of those where my favourite song on the album changes with every listen, of which there have been a lot.

I've been on an OFWGKTA kick lately. Tyler, The Creator's albums "Bastard" and "Goblin" are both great from start to finish. Good rap music, unlike what is most normally in the mainstream with guys like Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, etc. Phony thugs who all rap about the same sh*t. If you like good lyrics and fresh subject material, listen to Tyler. Also, Frank Ocean's "channel ORANGE" is a great record. I've never been into R&B but after seeing Ocean's performance on SNL earlier this season, I was inspired to take a listen, which was well worth it. Nice, soothing, relaxing music.

Welcome To My Nightmare- Alice Cooper

Great sense of humor and has a level of variety that most musicians struggle to replicate. It gets better every time and proves that music can be whatever you want it to be as long as it is done with passion.

kay.one-prince_.of__.belvedair_.jpg

Released in March, this is German rapper Kay One's 2nd studio album. Most people look at German rap to be an oxymoron, but it's actually very good. And some people might recognize who this song features...

American singers are featured in German rap such as this, and it somewhat enhances the music and broadens the horizon: "Oh, I don't know what Kay One is saying, but Mario sings the hook, so I'll give it a try." Evil plan successful. As for me, German is my first language, so it's naturally different, but I find German rap to be highly underrated. As for this CD, Kay One has improved since his debut in 2010, and I hope the best has yet to come.

The Lost Children-Disturbed

Very good compilation album containing songs that they've written since The Sickness that haven't been featured in any of the albums before. I love being able to listen to how they've evolved over the last 12 years.

220px-Galactic_space.jpg

Space In Your FACE!!!

Fast paced, beatles inspired heavy space blaster!! This is one seriously good album. Get it. I dont care how. I've also been lucky enough to talk to the front man a few times and the guy is as down to earth as a Galactic Cowboy can be.

Heres some tasters:

[YOUTUBE]Q2JvonrMDPI[/YOUTUBE]​

[YOUTUBE]QKnk32746D8[/YOUTUBE]​

The album I am currently listening to is Babel by Mumford and Sons. They have some very good songs on there, including i will wait, babel, and broken crown. Their music is sort of like irish folk. Their lead singer is amazing!

When Your Heart Stops Beating by +44.

This is the last album I listened to all the way through. I like it because I could relate to some of the songs off it during periods of my life. "Weatherman" is one that comes to mind right away. It's got Mark and Travis from Blink 182 but it's not pop punk type music. It's more alternative. It's the best album I've heard in recent years and there isn't a song on it that I dislike.

1. "Lycanthrope" 3:57
2. "Baby Come On" 2:46
3. "When Your Heart Stops Beating" 3:12
4. "Little Death" 4:05
5. "155" 3:29
6. "Lillian" 4:38
7. "Cliff Diving" 3:44
8. "Interlude" 1:12
9. "Weatherman" 4:33
10. "No, It Isn't" 3:32
11. "Make You Smile" 3:44
12. "Chapter 13"