• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which albums can you listen to without skipping a track?

"This is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars tops the list for me, I always bring it along on a long trip, because I never skip through, or grow tired of Jared Leto and the boys.

Track #10, Alibi, is my personal favorite, with one my favorite one line choruses of all time. "I fell apart, but got back up again. Way down."

I love the anthem nature of track #7 Closer to the Edge. "No Im not saying, Im sorry, one day, and we will make it." Awesome shit.

The first single, track #3, Kings and Queens is brilliant too. From the soaring "Ohhhhh" beginning to the "We were the Kings and Queens of Promise, We were the victims of ourselves. Maybe the children of a lesser God, between Heaven and Hell", it's pure raw emotion. Its Leto at his best both musically and lyrically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMrlHHVx8A

#4 This is War, #6 Hurricane, and #9 Search and Destroy are all other personal favorites of mine, but I can't find a bad track here. Just a brilliant album.

This is nowhere near a complete list, but with a question like that, I'll just have to say the first few that come to my head.

JME - BLAM!
Sound of Revenge - Chamillionaire
Demon Days - Gorillaz
Blueprint 3 - Jay-Z
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu-Tang Clan

Ahh, I know there are so many more, but I can't think of anything right now. Great thread idea!

I quite enjoy The Young Veins. It's tough to find the cd though, even a torrent although if you can find either I highly suggest giving it a try. Not quite as good as "Pretty. Odd." but very influenced by 60's rock.

Great to see another fan of The Young Veins. Take a Vacation! is actually a pretty great album too. Not as good as Pretty Odd, like you said, but another one where I actually enjoy every song, and the 60's style fits them perfectly. I haven't given up on Panic, though, despite Ryan and Jon leaving. I'll judge them by what they can do on their next album, without them.

TWIZTID~THE GREEN BOOK

album-the-green-book.jpg

1 "The Green Book"
2 "On the Other End"
3 "White Trash with Tat-2's"
4 "Afraid of Me"
5 "Wondering Why"
6 "Call Me"
7 "I'm the Only 1"
8 "Speculationz"
9 "The World Is Hell"
10 "Nikateen"
11 "U Don't Wanna Be Like Me"
12 "Serial Killa"
13 "Marsh Lagoon"
14 "Bobby's Dad"
15 "Hydro"
16 "Frankenstein"
17 "Everybody Diez"
18 "Fat Kidz"
19 "Hom Sha Bom"
20 "Darkness"

I know a lot of people hate on Twiztid without even giving them a chance, just because they are down with the clown. I think you should give them a listen you might find that they are pretty damn good.

I love this album also. I had it on earlier today actually. Its so good, I had to listen to it twice. Like this guy here was sayin, people always hate on Twiztid only because they are on the label ICP created. Twiztid has many other albums that I will listen to the whole thing, they are great artists. Its just a shame people have to hate on them because of their different style. If I were to pick another album thats in the top of my list, it's by Twiztid also called "Independents Day" which features guest artists on almost every song. For those who don't know, give a look here to learn about the album.

I barley picked this up the other day "The Slim Shady LP" by Eminem

220px-Eminem_-_The_Slim_Shady_LP_CD_cover.jpg

Words cannot describe how awesome this album is and i don't skip a track even some of the skits are worth a listen lol

Best tracks are: "Guilty Conscience", "If I Had", "Rock Bottom", "As the World Turns", "I'm Shady" and "Still Don't Give A Fuck" if you wanna take the best from the album a listen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another album i thought of is "Get Rich or Die Trying" by 50 Cent.

220px-Get_Rich_Or_Die_Tryin%27.JPG

Easly his best album he'll ever make. Great beats and best lyricism. Best songs: "Patiently Waiting", "Many Men", "If I Can't", "Back Down", "Don't Push Me", "U Not Like Me" and "Lifes On the Line"

Another album I can play all the way through is

Nirvana- Nevermind

Here you see Kurt Cobain at the height of his powers, and his tragic end just makes me feel sad in that we will never know just how good he could have been. Would he ever have topped Nevermind???

From the opening notes of "Smells Like Teen Spirit", through classics such as "Lithium", "Come As You Are" and "In Bloom" to underrated gems such as "Breed" and "On A Plain", this album is just truly overflowing with great music and blows away any of Nirvana's other material. Yes, there are good songs on Bleach and In Utero, but as a collection of music, Nevermind is one of the best albums ever made

Genius

Lordi - The Arockalypse

OK, I'm going to make a small concession and not count the first track of the album since it's a "news report" that lasts for a while, but once the music starts, I will listen to that album from front to back every time. The album has a great progression and it really pumps me up for ANYTHING whenever I listen to it. Every song is as good as the previous. Just awesomeness.

The Protomen - Act II: The Father of Death

Well, The Protomen's albums are rock operas, so I feel obligated to listen to them all the way through, so I don't miss the story (even though I know exactly how it goes, having listened to the albums a zillion times). That said, this album in particular feels more like a complete album than a collection of singles. Each song flows into the next and it helps the story immensely. It almost forces you to listen to the whole thing, ha. Great album.

Creed-Weathered

Yeah yeah, I know there are alot of Creed haters out there, but I dont care :p lol

I absolutely love this album, and wore out my first copy due to the constant playing when I first got it. Creed have never made it big over here in the UK, but were huge in the US. For this reason, I never really heard of them until I heard the incredible "My Sacrifice" on TV and thought it was one of the most emotional, awesome songs I had ever heard. I got the "Weathered" album for christmas that year and discovered so many other great tracks by the band. Scott Stapp has a great voice, and everyone can appreciate how good Mark Tremonti is :)

"Signs" is fantastic, with a really good heavy riff, "One Last Breath", "Weathered", "Hide" and "Stand Here With Me" are other absolutely brilliant tracks, and the rest of the album is great. The only ones that I didn't love right away were "Bullets" and "Lullaby", but after a few plays I realised that they were also really good songs. Out of all the songs on the album, "My Sacrifice" and "Signs" are my favourites, and have been from the 1st listen.

In my opinion, this is easily the best Creed album, and I cannot see myself ever changing my opinion on that. I like all their other material, but this stands out to me as one of the best albums I have had the pleasure of hearing. I really hope Creed come to the UK at some point, I have seen Alter Bridge live three times but have always really wanted to hear some of the "Weathered" tracks played live.

Deja Entendu by Brand New is one of my favorite albums of all-time, and there's not a single song on the tracklist that I would ever skip. Each song has it's own individuality and freshness that it brings to the album.

Some other albums that fit this criteria are:
-Weezer's Weezer (the Blue Album and Green Album), Maladroit, and Pinkerton.
-Glassjaw's Worship and Tribute
-Any Brand New album.
-A Grand Don't Come For Free by the Streets.
-Trampoline and Steel Train by Steel Train
-The Wall
-The Downward Spiral

Naveed- Our Lady Peace

Without a doubt, this album has been on my repeat this since the day I first heard it. musically its just a masterpiece and it sucks you in from song one to the very end. I could listen to this album all day and not skip a single second. When I die, somebody burry me with this album.

Mercy Drive(self titled)

Remember burn in my light? Randy Ortons old theme song? Yeah it was done by this band and its the only CD they ever put out, and its a classic. Anybody who simply just likes straight up Rock will adore this CD. It never gets old.

Cage the Elephant(self titled debut)

I dont know what it is about this album. Its unlike anything I've ever heard before. Every song brings something to the table and is like a different experience with ever listen. This is a CD I take straight the the heart as its full of deep meaning. Its so nice.

Finally the honorable mentions

Offspring-Ignition, again if you like good old rock. Pick this up
Breaking Benjamin- We are not Alone, never gets old
Fozzy- Chasing the Grail, Good ol Chris Jericho.
Thousand Foot Krutch- Phenomenon, Its Christian Rock but Its still good.
Our Lady Peace- Spiritual Machines, fantastic album mixes pop bouncy sound with a rock twist to it.

Appetitie for Destruction - One of the best rock albums of all time, actually of the best selling Hard Rock/Heavyish Metal albums of all time. I can sit through this whole Album from Welcome to the Jungle.. all the way down to Rocket Queen. Slash's guitar is untouchable and of course you have Axl & Duff who are just out right kings at what they do.

Alter Bridge lll - I got the "leak" of this album, and my god am I EVER BUYING THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT, Everything on this album is amazing, sounds like every song on this album is a masterpiece. Lyrics are great, and harmony is amazing.

Appetitie for Destruction - One of the best rock albums of all time, actually of the best selling Hard Rock/Heavyish Metal albums of all time. I can sit through this whole Album from Welcome to the Jungle.. all the way down to Rocket Queen. Slash's guitar is untouchable and of course you have Axl & Duff who are just out right kings at what they do.

Alter Bridge lll - I got the "leak" of this album, and my god am I EVER BUYING THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT, Everything on this album is amazing, sounds like every song on this album is a masterpiece. Lyrics are great, and harmony is amazing.

Good choice with AFD, one of the best albums ever made. The number of classic songs on that album is incredible.

Welcome To The Jungle
Sweet Child Of Mine
Mr Brownstone
Paradise City
Nighttrain
Rocket Queen
My Michelle
Out Ta Get Me

and every other song is brilliant too. I wish I had been old enough to see Guns back in their heyday, it would have been amazing.

Also, about ABIII. It is a really good album, I prefer Blackbird myself but I saw AB live a couple of weeks ago and all the new stuff off ABIII sounded awesome. "Fallout", "I Know It Hurts" and "Isolation" are my favourite tracks off the album. If you havent picked up the album yet, do it. You wont regret it dude

Aerosmith - Rocks

One of the best Hard Rock albums of the seventies; the album had everything from the electrifying power ballad "Home Tonight" to the slick and raunchy "Lick and a Promise". One of the greatest Hard Rock albums of all time.

GNR - Lies

Though people remember GNR for Appetite of Destruction, I remember them for Lies. It wasn't really a Hard Rock album, it was really Stoner Rock album with fantastic accoustics like "You're Crazy", "Patience", "I Used To Love Her", and also a fantastic cover of Aerosmith's "Mama Kin".

Freak of Nature - Gathering of Freaks is one of the greatest albums that I have ever heard.

If you're a fan of Alternative Metal from the 90's, these guys had an edge that I thought was missing from alot of the bands from this decade. Not to mention, their arrangements can be praised to some extent.

6572.jpg

Weezer's Blue Album is by far my 1st choice. I know that People's Peeps and Jabroni already mentioned it, but it deserves to be mentioned again.

Weezer's Green Album is another great listen. It is only about 40 minutes long, but it never leaves me disappointed.

Tupac's All Eyes on Me is front to back (both cd's) awesome.

The Killer's Sam's Town. The Interlude and Exitlude really pull the cd together and make it a complete album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back