So what the fuck has gone on?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
I've not really watched since Mania and pretty much the whole year seems to be x returns y gets injured plans change.

So can someone give me a run down on WWE as to what's gone on this year.

Cheers!

Raw has been without a World Champion because Brock is holding it hostage until Roman Reigns is rumored to "save us" from him at next year's Wrestlemania but we did get a good match for the Universal Championship at Great Balls Of Fire (which I went to) and that show delivered despite the silly name.

Enzo and Cass split up. Now Enzo is the Cruiserweight Champion but 205 Live is still pointless. Cass is out injured.

Alexa Bliss is on Raw and is the Raw Women's Champion.

Owens went to Smackdown, feuded with Styles over the US Championship and then with Shane McMahon before forming an alliance with Sami Zayn who also went to Smackdown.

Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton had an awful House Of Horrors match.

The Shield were supposed to reunite but first Reigns got sick which led to Kurt Angle being an honorary member at TLC alongside Rollins and Ambrose. Look that match up. Then Ambrose got hurt just recently, so much for the Shield reunion unfortunately. Bray also got sick which led to AJ Styles working a Raw show to face Finn Balor even though AJ is a Smackdown guy.

Jinder Mahal had a World Championship reign that was equally shocking and boring. It included a terrible Punjabi Prison match against Randy Orton.

Shane invaded Raw with some Smackdown people in the Under Siege segment that kept replaying a million times. It led to a not so great Survivor Series event.

Carmella is the first female to win a Money In The Bank briefcase. Baron Corbin failed to cash in this year's mens Money In The Bank briefcase on Jinder. Raw didn't get to be a part of Money In The Bank.

Jason Jordan is the (kayfabe) son of Kurt Angle. They split up American Alpha so that Jason could work with his storyline father on his singles career. Then he won the Raw Tag Team Championship with Seth Rollins.

I'm sure there's more but that's what came to me. It's been an odd year.

Best year of WWE in ring work in the history of the company with tag team matches often stealing the show. 92 year old corpse of Vince McMahon taking an uncomfortable awesome beat down from Kevin Owens, headbutt included. A shocking title win and reign from Jinder that left fans too confused to attempt to enjoy it. The ascendance of Braun "feats of strength" Strowman. A men's Survivor Series match that reminded me not to get too excited about Survivor Series matches in the future. The Usos becoming cool. Alexa Bliss solidifying her stardom. Bayley losing her's. Paige's return. Samoa Joe being so good that he has to continuously remind people that he is bad. Maryse got knocked up. Jason Jordan getting replaced by another black guy and fans pretending to care that they think WWE doesn't notice. Same Jason Jordan being revealed as Kurt Angle's son and the same fans believing that WWE is trying to make Jason a megaface. Cass going from a face to a heel to a statistic. Enzo going from a face to a face to a heel to the heelface of 205 Live. Mickie James winning my heart. Ellsworth winning the first ever women's Money In The Bank and then becoming a sub then getting future endeavored. Announcement of the first ever women's Royal Rumble. Fashion Files. Kurt Angle's return to the ring and ascent to being a very good on screen authority figure. Same with Daniel Bryan but without the return to the ring part. AJ and Brock probably having the match of the year. Something with a white guy named Black not saying a black guy named Dream's name during sex. I may not be right about that, use Google.

[YOUTUBE]6ONGIxhEjVg[/YOUTUBE]

Best segment of the year.

Cut it when Ambrose enters and ruins the segment.

RAW- Brock is Champion, had few enjoyable matches(Joe, fatal 4 way SummerSlam) and waiting for Reigns to take title at Mania. We got Reigns/Cena which was pretty enjoyable with mic work, Neville killed it at 205 but left as well as Aries and now some Soprano wannabe New Jersey Shore reject has title, Alexa dominates, Asuka just came there and Paige is back and formed a faction. Oh, and Shield is back but not really. Oh, and Kurt Angle has a child and its Jason Jordan for some reason. And Woken Matt Hardy just emerged.

Smackdown- Jobber Ginger Indian won title at first PPV and it took couple of months for best wrestler in company to take it from him. Owens and Zayn are there and in a feud with Shane where you dont know which one is heel and which one is face. Also Danyel Bryan is involved. After lackluster reigns from Naomi and Natalya we finally got real Champion in Charlotte. Carmella has MiTB because James Elsworth won it for her. He got fired because he dared to be more then dog on a leash and you know how that goes in this PC society. There is also a faction there which is just copy/paste from Paige faction and it doesnt matter because they already are losing matches. Also, Corbin has love/hate relationship with Vince so one day he is "the next big thing" and next loses MiTB briefcase and titles from the likes of Ziggler. Oh, and Usos are killing it, New Day vs Usos was awesome. And Rusev is finally trending with "Rusev Day".

Little-to-no hyperbole, the worst segment of all time.

BayleyThisIsYourLife-600x338.jpg

Of ALL time.

3 sentence summation for 2017:

- Someone didn't hinder Jinder (former WWE Champion)

- Angle came home

- BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

The Usos have become awesome this year as well. Also Tyler Breeze and Fandango have had some hilarious segments known as The Fashion Files, which made them somewhat relevant.

The tag division is the best it’s been since 2000 in terms of teams, the booking focuses on only a few teams at a time though. When Smackdowns jobber team, Breezango, we’re legitimate title contenders/hopefuls only a few months ago shows the depth their whole Raw has The Hardy’s (Jeff) on the shelf and Revival have been on there for most of the year behind Shield and Sheamus/Cesaro. It’s great if you ask me.

Braun Strowman is killing it somehow. Miz is quickly sewing up his hall of fame position as well. Bray Wyatt has done the complete opposite and gone from WWE Champ to people absolutely not caring about him at all.

Kurt Angle is wrestling again. HHH and Braun will probably do something at Mania. Taker speculation continues. Reigns is one of the better workers in the company. Oh and the woman have done everything but the royal rumble now which will happen this year.

I've not really watched since Mania and pretty much the whole year seems to be x returns y gets injured plans change.

So can someone give me a run down on WWE as to what's gone on this year.

Cheers!

The only thing that matters. Braun Strowman attacks Roman Reigns. Throws him off of a height on a stretcher , paramedics put Roman in an ambulance, Braun roars "I'm not finished with you!" Then proceeds to flip over the ambulance with one of the scariest feats of strength ever seen in wrestling.

Lesnar is still Universal Champion and had a couple of great title defenses (vs Joe and a Fatal 4-way). Reigns is still scheduled to dethrone him at Mania and had great feuds with Cena (who's now a part-timer) and Strowman (who has improved a lot). Strowman also tipped over an ambulance that Reigns was in.

The Shield reunited, but it's been disappointing. They were gonna have a match at TLC, but Reigns got sick and was replaced by Kurt Angle (who's also GM). About a month later, Ambrose got injured.

On the Smackdown side, Jinder Mahal won the WWE Championship and kept it around six months. It was about as awful as you would expect. Nakamura debuted and has been fine if unspectacular. Owens and Styles had a decent feud where Shane was heavily involved. Then Shane and Owens had a cell match, which Owens won after Sami Zayn turned heel.

The tag team division has been the best it's been in years. Rollins/Ambrose vs Cesaro/Sheamus and the Usos vs New Day have been feud of the year candidates. Also Cass turned on Enzo. Enzo's now cruiserweight champion and a heel. Cass has been injured. American Alpha broke up after Jason Jordan was revealed to be Kurt Angle's son. He's one of the best heels on the roster.

The women's divisions has been okay. Alexa is still champion on Raw and has improved. Carmella won the first ever women's MITB (with the help of Ellsworth who was released not long after) but hasn't cashed in yet. A women's Rumble is scheduled. Paige returned. Bayley and Sasha lost all their momentum.

Overall it's been a dull year. Lesnar has the championship hostage on Raw, and the Shakeup gutted Smackdown of its talent.

Short answer is a lot of crap. Braun and Alexa Bliss's facial expressions are the best part of RAW. Styles is the best part of SD, other than that, yea you didn't miss much.

Oh but I will say the tag team division, despite not having a lot of teams have put on most of the matches of the year. The Uso's, New Day and The Bar are on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back