So much hate for Daniel Bryan

DB2CMPUNK

Dark Match Winner
It is crazy how people's mind work. Not too long ago, we were all behind Daniel Bryan to get this first actual championship reign and win it at Wrestlemania. Now these days, people are just hating on Daniel Bryan for no particular reason and think it's cool.

Why does Daniel Bryan garner so much heated from other people? He's not even a year in and have a championship, but people are already tired. Why is this "Blame Era" live to its billing on Daniel Bryan?

It not so much that people have changed their mind it seems to me, but rather that the people who didn't like Daniel Bryan were less vocal when there wasn't a way forward set for DB to get in the main event at WM. Now because it seems that he is going to win or at least be in the match(although tonight may have changed things though I doubt it) they have toned down a bit. With DB Fans more quiet and with DB probably being in the ME at WM, the people who are against DB have something more substantial to be against instead of just the wrestler.

To sum up, Daniel Bryan in main event of Wrestlemania XXX has appeased the Daniel Bryan fans while enraging the Daniel Bryan haters/non-fans and has caused them to speak out more vocally. Not to mention there was a thread or so a week against Daniel Bryan ever since he got his match at Summerslam.

Uh...it's the internet. It's full of people who come on just to hate everything.

Frankly this entire thread could be written about John Cena, Sheamus and several other faces. It's the stereotype of the IWC. They want Wrestler X pushed and bitch and moan when it doesn't happen. When it does happen, they turn on him. It's practically clockwork.

This is nothing new.

Everyone has admirers and detractors. Same with Daniel Bryan. People who like him and support him are still behind him. People who don't are expressing their displeasure. It'll always be like this. I can see why some people haven't warmed up to him but the reaction at every arena he's been in says that there are enough fans who not only want to see him main event Wrestlemania, but also want him to win the belt and create a near perfect Wrestlemania moment.

Now these days, people are just hating on Daniel Bryan for no particular reason and think it's cool.

Yeah, well, they're also continually hating on John Cena and thinking it's cool.....and if they can do that, should Daniel Bryan be any less of a target?

As it is, WWE is riding the Daniel Wave and giving us so much of him that the fascination is bound to burn out that much quicker......for some, it's happening already.

After all, the guy gets at least two segments in every show, and sometimes more; he often wrestles two matches and gets some mic time in-between. Plainly, it isn't WWE management that's "hating" him, is it?

In a case of life imitating art, the fans seem to want more and more of him, even as the company shows it's smarts by giving the public what they want. I don't think this was WWE's original intention; it was a phenomenon that surprised them....and they were smart enough to run with it. Everyone's happy, right?

No, they aren't. Instead, some of them are hating Daniel, even as the fans in the arena are yelling their heads off for him. Go figure.

Could it be that many of them love the "Yes!" chant even more than they actually love Daniel Bryan? If so, what happens in a few months after they've grown tired of the chant? Will they turn against Daniel....or even start ignoring the little guy?

The ups & downs of being a WWE superstar......John Cena can tell you about it.

For me his character is just not evolving at all. He doesn't feel intense or real, and while I was watching with intrigue the past few months, as it comes to it's conclusion I think DB isn't doing his part in it all.

Stephanie McMahon for example has snapped, HHH is moving up a gear in the feud, but Bryan is stlll coming out and either whining or sticking his arms in the air. For me he's not a great storyteller and is far from convincing.

Only so long you can shout "These people are behind me, YES YES!" before they'll get bored. There's something about embracing what the fans have organically taken to that ruins it.

Don't get me wrong for a WM moment I'd rather see DB win the main event than sit through Batista/Orton, but is that just making the best of a bad situation? Possibly.

I dunno, I'm more than intrigued by the whole storyline but i don't particularly enjoy seeing DB and I don't think it's big enough for WM, but it is the best the WWE can do right now.

I dont mind Daniel Bryan, I think he is pretty good. I simply like to counter act all the Ring Of Honor nerds that pullute these boards citing he has 'paid his dues' and think he is the best thing since sliced bread because he can 'wrestle'.

It is snobbery at its best. Bryan is a B+ player and everything Triple H says about him is correct. I hope the guy gets a chance but the dweebs on here who suck his nut sack make me sick and it is great winding them up.

No one is going to appeal to everyone. and the internet has no shortage of people willing to express themselves. Also you're always going to get a few loud obnoxious trolls when it comes to anything popular. Bryan's popular now, so the trolls are coming out of the woodwork, pathetically desperate for attention by attempting to rile up those who like him.

It's best to ignore them, just enjoy the incredible number of 4+ star matches he's been putting on in recent years, and let the nattering nilbogs of negativity pull their crap on someone else.

his fans still cheer for him. its the people that didnt like him in the first place that hate he could be in WM main event.

WHAT:confused: every one is behind him.
only thing i want is him, being able to cut a promo out screaming YES after every sentence .. it got old fast

I personally find Daniel Bryan boring. He is an amazing performer in the ring don't get me wrong but he lacks mic skills (which is weird since I feel that he was pretty good on the mic in ROH). Am I allowed to say that he is getting way too much TV time? I think that's a fair assumption. One thing is giving someone a push, another thing is forcing a product down the viewers throat. I won't lie though, I didn't mind when they did it with The Rock in '99 and when they did it with CM Punk, so maybe I just dislike Daniel Bryan's character. However, I am rooting for him to win the title and hold it for a short reign (but that's a different discussion all together).

I personally find Daniel Bryan boring. He is an amazing performer in the ring don't get me wrong but he lacks mic skills (which is weird since I feel that he was pretty good on the mic in ROH). Am I allowed to say that he is getting way too much TV time? I think that's a fair assumption. One thing is giving someone a push, another thing is forcing a product down the viewers throat. I won't lie though, I didn't mind when they did it with The Rock in '99 and when they did it with CM Punk, so maybe I just dislike Daniel Bryan's character. However, I am rooting for him to win the title and hold it for a short reign (but that's a different discussion all together).

Nah, it's a fair opinion. You DO have to be invested in the 'Underdog gets stomped and screwed over and over but overcomes the odds anyway' angle in order to get all you want out of DB. He's basically acting out a stretched-out version of John Cena's typical plots but he looks and acts more believable.

As far as his mic skills go... honestly he talks about as well as your typical Youtube Smark who tapes himself rambling on about the WWE.

Yeah, well, they're also continually hating on John Cena and thinking it's cool.....and if they can do that, should Daniel Bryan be any less of a target?

As far as I've seen, NO ONE is hating anyone because they think it's cool. Everyone has legit reasons why they like or hate someone. Whether or not we agree with those reasons, don't negate that it's not just to be a part of a trend.

I think he's not the most entertaining guy on the mic and I feel that he is what I call "gimmickless" but overall, I don't hate the guy. He's good enough in this underdog role and he did a decent job as a "weasely" heel. Add to that, the fact that he's got excellent stamina for lengthy matches. So I like more about him than I hate. But I'm sure it can just as easily be the opposite for someone who doesn't share my opinions.

It is crazy how people's mind work. Not too long ago, we were all behind Daniel Bryan to get this first actual championship reign and win it at Wrestlemania. Now these days, people are just hating on Daniel Bryan for no particular reason and think it's cool.

Why does Daniel Bryan garner so much heated from other people? He's not even a year in and have a championship, but people are already tired. Why is this "Blame Era" live to its billing on Daniel Bryan?

I'm sorry but I just don't see it. I think the DB haters are in the minority. It seems to me the opposite has happened. Why is there so much hate for everyone else? It seems like if a guy isn't DB then he sucks or he doesn't deserve this match or that match or whatever. It's like all everyone cares about is Daniel Bryan right now.

2 reasons why I'm no longer behind Daniel Bryan.

1) Admittedly I have attention deficit disorder. I'm the type of guy that gets frustrated when I have to wait for my 720p Netflix stream to buffer. I'm not capable of staying around for 9 months for a guy to win the Championship if he even does win. I think most people are like me though. Maybe not as bad but we live in an age of new media. WWE has embraced many aspects of new media but they still "build" their product around a dated monthly PPV basis. Daniel Bryan's Rise has been a slow burn which has lost many people along the way.

2) Daniel Bryan works the WWE Style now. Corner Drop Kick, Missile Drop Kick, Suicide Dive, Shoot Kicks, Diving Headbutt, High Knee, Yes Lock. Every Match! Every damn match it's the same thing! If I see a current match of his that doesn't have at least 5 of those back to back, I'll eat my socks. No more Dragon Sleepers, Boston Crabs, Camel Clutches, multiple Suplex variations gone, Indian Deathlocks etc. I rarely even see the Surfboard/Dragon Sleeper combo anymore. Probably because he only fights roided up Orangutans now. He'd snap Triple H's/John Cena's/Randy Orton's/Batista's shit right up if he even put them in a surfboard nevermind surfboard/dragon sleeper combo. I'd eat my socks and a pair of my week old underwear if I saw Triple H in a surfboard/dragon sleeper combo at Wrestlemania. I swear!

There's people on these forums turning on Daniel Bryan? Something I wasn't aware of. I'm still a fan of Daniel Bryan.

I think people overestimated how over Daniel Bryan really was thanks in large part to 2 crowd reactions. The 1st being Seattle. The other the Royal Rumble in Pittsburgh.

The WWE killed DB's momentum when Vince saw non-WWE crowds doing the yes chant and creamed his tighty whiteys. The "universe" got the "yes movement." Once the WWE embraced DB so strongly the marks that love DB because they feel he is being buried started to see DB in a different light. The marks got a huge moment last week when the DB vs HHH match with a chance at the main event was announced. We all know how many here had been predicting the match. Everyone loves being right.

This last Raw we got a huge reminder that HHH is cooler than Dainel Bryan. When he snapped Orton and big Dave the crowd loved it. When he changed the stipulation for his Mania match the crowded loved that even more.

A good percentage of IWC marks have started to lose interest now that they've been proven right. Not that many people have turned on DB yet. That's coming... his mic skills need serious work. That will hinder him going forward post Mania. The fact that his character is fairly bland and that WWE now has him working a typical main eventer limited move set are both likely to speed up the rate at which fans start to feel burnt out.

I see the reason for the hates, but you can't really blame Daniel for this. He IS hinder by the WWE. Like someone says, limited movesets, catchphase, and etc. The thing that get him going beside the chant is his story telling at the ring which we can all appreciate.

The only one I would give it to his critics would be his mic-skills. Him shouting "YES" and yell at the mics does not demonstrate good mic skills. However you can compare him with CM Punk as a face. Even the best talker in CM Punk was hinder in his mic-skills and can't deliver his lines eloquently because of his face character. It is really difficult to get over as a face, unfortunately. You will all see that in Roman Reign when he turn face, he will be boring as hell.

It not so much that people have changed their mind it seems to me, but rather that the people who didn't like Daniel Bryan were less vocal when there wasn't a way forward set for DB to get in the main event at WM. Now because it seems that he is going to win or at least be in the match(although tonight may have changed things though I doubt it) they have toned down a bit. With DB Fans more quiet and with DB probably being in the ME at WM, the people who are against DB have something more substantial to be against instead of just the wrestler.

To sum up, Daniel Bryan in main event of Wrestlemania XXX has appeased the Daniel Bryan fans while enraging the Daniel Bryan haters/non-fans and has caused them to speak out more vocally. Not to mention there was a thread or so a week against Daniel Bryan ever since he got his match at Summerslam.

This. Exactly this. I couldn't have said it any better. This needs to be pinned somewhere so that people can read if they are still wondering.

There is no solid IWC. The fans on the internet do not have the same opinion. Never had, never will. Therefore, they don't turn on anyone. It's just what you said. The fans were vocal when Bryan got screwed, and now the haters are vocal because he gets his shots.

All these threads and talks about "IWC turning on Bryan" need to stop. Because they are stupid. There is no sole preference on the IWC. As with the casual fans, the same is with the IWC. Different fans like different Superstars.

Please stop with these threads.

First of all, to me, it still seems like he has a massive amount of supporters, and is the second-most popular performer in the company at present, behind Cena. I would argue that this was true even before CM Punk's departure.

The only thing that's hindering him (and a number of wrestler's have spoken on this, from Stone Cold Steve Austin to Kevin Nash) is that Vince has an overwhelming need to make his top babyfaces very broad, bland, and white-meat, and have them pander to the audience. With the exception of Stone Cold, practically every major babyface fits this mold

1.) Interesting character starts to gain momentum, attention, and crowd support (ex: CM Punk 2010/2011, Shawn Michaels in 1995)
2.) Character continues to grow and build, culminating in a big moment/win (Money in the Bank 2011, Wrestlemania XII for Shawn)
3.) Said character then becomes bland shell of self, who panders to crowd and talks about what "THESE PEOPLE~!1" want. (Shawn after WM XII, Punk after his November 2011 WWE Championship win--admittedly, Punk did the absolute best with what he was given)

It's happened to: Diesel in 1995, Shawn Michaels in 1996, The Rock in 2000, John Cena in 2005/2006, Randy Orton in 2010, CM Punk in 2011, Sheamus in 2011, and now, Daniel Bryan in 2013.

Vince can't let a character be interesting on its own. He seems to think that the audience needs its ass kissed. The audience normally sees through this, and rejects it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back